Old 06-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Went to hubby's dad's today for a belated Father's Day celebration. They had pizza, and I had three pieces (cut in only 2" x 2" pieces, so it was like one normal piece).

The pizza was hard, not so much because I wanted it, but because everyone at the table (except my hubby, he gets special hubby points for that) kept pushing it in front of me after they would take a slice.

It was as if FIL, MIL, and SIL, noticed I wasn't "keeping up" with everyone, and were reminding me that it was "my turn."

I even passed on the chips and salsa a few hours later.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:25 PM   #17  
KAR

Kaplods good for you on your will power at your hubby's parents today. We went to my sil's for a cookout. I had a hamburger, a small spoonful of the following: pasta salad, potato salad, baked beans and coleslaw. Then later I had a small piece of homemade apple pie. They all were pigging out and kept saying to me that I needed to eat more since that little bit that I had couldn't have possibly filled me up. But I was very pleased with my will power today. In the past, I would pig out and then feel guilty about it later.
I think this coming week, I will try to go to the Y two or three times to work out. But I would really like to start a structured routine for when I go there. I guess I might have to meet my bil there one day and see what he has to suggest.
Glad your day went well! Any big plans for the coming week? I am going to try and get a few applications to fill out to get a part-time summer job. Just to get out of the house for a couple hours a day and also to have some extra money for new clothes when I go back to school in September. Hopefully they will be a smaller size.
Good Luck at your weigh in tomorrow night! I bet all your walking has payed off this past week and weekend!
Chat with you later. Have a nice evening!
TOPS Hugs,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #18  

I had such a great week I was hoping I'd see a big loss, but no such luck so far. Actually with insulin resistance, "big losses" really just aren't in the cards anymore (but I can still hope, remembering the days in my 20's when I could have a 9 lb loss week - really that's how badly I've screwed up my metabolism in the last three and a half decades of dieting).

Oh well, it's not just the weight loss, I know from the aching muscles that I'm actually building muscle, and over time building muscle will speed my metabolism.

I think I have spring fever, and so motivation is really high right now. I have to really take advantage of that while I can. For some reason, I was thinking that my TOPS program was due tomorrow, but it's due the 30th, so I think I'm going to do it on "sprouting." I'm going to bring in samples of sprouts I've grown (various sprouts, and stages) and show the group how to grow them, and bring in sample sprouting seeds for anyone to take some home if they want.

More animal shelter volunteering, swimming, and I think I'm going to check out either a local knitting and crochet club or a writers club. Both meet on Wednesdays at about the same time, so I have to choose one over the other.
Right now, I'm really into crocheting, but I've always wanted to write (and have several projects, including three novels "started").
Old 06-22-2008, 10:56 PM   #19  
KAR

Sounds like you are going to have a busy but wonderful week! Your program sounds like it would be a good one. I was wondering if maybe in the fall to motivate our groups for the holidays, we might want to do a challenge between the two groups. Maybe a walking from Wellston,Ohio to Wausau, Wisconsin contest. I know a couple years ago, I had contacted Leslie Sansone and she was willing to donate a Walk Away the Pounds Series of videos or dvds to the winning chapter. But then the group we were going to do it with backed out. Do you think your group might be willing to do it? It is 691.5 miles from my town to your town. Let me know what you think.
I know the feeling about being motivated. I can't seem to sit still for long periods of time anymore. I have been cleaning the house, taking care of some business, and working on promoting my Avon business during the summer months. That is usually my slow months because I am not at school where I get most of my customers.
Well it is almost time for me to go to bed. So I will close for now. I will chat with you more tomorrow.
TOPS Hugs,
Kerry
Old 06-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #20  

What a wonderful idea, Kerry

I'll bring it to my group tomorrow and see what they think. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Colleen
Old 06-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #21  
KAR

I will bring it up to my group and see what they say. Even if we can get Leslie Sansone to donate something, maybe we could think of something else to give the winning chapter. Maybe donate some money towards a charity in their area in their name or something. I look forward to hearing from your feed back on what your group says.
I plan on going shopping this morning with my stepdaughter this morning to get a few more summer clothes. Then I plan on coming home and push mowing the yard to get my excerise in for the day.
Hope you have a great weigh in and meeting this evening!
Have a great day!
TOPS Hugs,
Kerry
Old 06-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #22  

Hey Kerry,

I brought it up to the group, and they seem interested. We'll be voting on it when "I" have the details worked out.

When our chapter does contests, the person suggesting the contest works out all the details and keeps all the records. So I guess I volunteered myself (which is fine, just funny).

So you and I (and anyone in your group that wants to) can help work out the details.

Oh - and I lost a pound (happy dance)!
Old 06-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #23  
KAR

Hi Kaplods,
Well I went to TOPS last night. I was up a pound. But I know what I did to gain the pound. I mowed the yard (push-mowed) about 2 hours before my meeting. So my muscles were not back to normal yet. Oh well, I learned my lesson.
I did bring up the walking contest. But it was only in the discussion phase. Our leader got sick on the way to the meeting and stopped at the hospital. So she wasn't there and then next week is a weigh in only. So I will bring it up again the second week of July and let you know.
Hope that your day is going well! I have to go do my workout and then get ready for the day. I have to go get 3 estimates on my van. I torn it up in the driveway last week. So those are my big plans for today! Hope you have a great day! Chat with you later.
TOPS Hugs,
Kerry
Old 06-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #24  

Ouch, Good luck with that. I hate the whole car repair stuff. Hubby and I just got our van fixed after a neighbor's guest ran into us last month in the apartment parking lot (not looking where he was going AND he had no insurance to boot).

We actually had minor whiplash from the event, he hit us so hard. David's hat flew off his head and hit the rear window. Our necks and shoulders were sore for three or four days. Without the headrests I bet we would have REALLY been hurting.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #25  
KAR

Well just got back from the three body shops. Came home with two estimates in my hand. One is for $864 and the other is for $1,175. I was very surprised that little bit of damage cost that much. I think I will go take me a nap right now. My mind is just a little overtired right now.
Hope that you are having a great day and staying on plan.
TOPS Hugs,
Kerry
Old 06-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #26  
KAR

Sorry I haven't been on for a couple days. I had a nose bleed on Wednesday night with a nasty headache. Then this morning I woke up with another nose bleed. So I went to the hospital this morning. They think that is related to allergies. They took a cat scan of my head to see if there was anything out of the normal. They gave me a shot and I came home and slept for 3 hours. So I am waiting before take another pill from the prescription the doctor gave me. So that is what is new with me. Even through all of this mess, I have still managed to eat healthy. So I am pleased with myself on that factor.
So how has your week been? I hope that things are going go for you.
Well I am going to go read for a little bit before I go to bed. Chat with you soon. Have a great weekend!
TOPS Hugs,
Kerry
Old 06-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #27  

Good week so far, except today. We went to a cajun restaurant with a friend, and I did overeat. I don't think it was enough to do too much damage, but I could have made better choices (but, Oh the crawfish gumbo was good).

I don't think that the calories did me in, but the sodium may be a bit of an issue. Just need to drink some extra water.

I'm working on my sprouting program for Monday's TOPS group. I put together little "sprouting kits" for everyone - just a plastic water glass, a piece of cheesecloth, a rubber band and a ziploc baggie with a tablespoon of sprouting salad mix (alfalfa, clover, lentils, fenugreek, radish, and possibly broccoli and others). I'm growing the salad mix, broccoli, and radish in three different jars, so I'll have sprouts to pass for a taste test.

Our printer cartridge is out, so we've got to get them filled this weekend, so I can print out some instructions for everybody.

It's been fun, and I hope everyone likes the program.

I also bought a $5 pedometer from Walmart for the dirty sneaker contest. As the winner this month, I had to buy the prize for the July drawing (the club will reimburse). I think if I have time, I might buy or make a small handmade walking journal to include with the pedometer.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:44 PM   #28  
KAR

Hi Kaplods,
So how did your program go on Monday? I hope that it was a huge success!
How did your wi go? I gained 1.25 this week. I really think it is from the pain med. that I am on and not being able to workout for 3 days. But I am trying very hard to work out every day this week and really watch what goes in my mouth. Pushed mowed the lawn today, so that was a great workout. So do you have any big plans for the 4th? I think we are invited to 2 or 3 friend's houses for cookouts. So I just have to be extra careful on what I put in my mouth. Well I better get off of the computer and go do some dishes. Plus make my shake for in the morning. Chat with you later. Have a great evening! What is the dirty sneaker contest?
TOPS HUGS,
Kerry
Old 07-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #29  
KAR

Hi Kaplods,
Hope that your weekend was a nice one! Good luck this evening when you weigh in! I am curicous to see how my weigh in goes tomorrow. I have worked out every day except Friday and Saturday. But I have put in a little extra time on Sunday and Monday's workouts. So hopefully it all balances out in the end.
Have a great week!
TOPS Hugs,
Kerry
Old 07-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #30  

Lost track of this thread, sorry (I always forget to subscribe to them).

The program went GREAT. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and most of the members took the little sprouting kit I had made for them (a plastic drinking glass, a piece of cheesecloth, a rubberband, a tiny ziploc bag of seeds and a set of instructions). I brought out the sprouts for a tasting (radish, broccoli, and a salad mix of alfalfa, clover, fenugreek, radish, and lentils). The salad mix was the one that I put in everyones kit.

Our group isn't meeting today, so our next meeting is next Monday. Good thing for me, since I'm a little puffy from chinese food this weekend.

On the fourth, we visited hubby's mom for a cook out. She asked me to bring a pasta salad, but instead I made veggie salad (mixed frozen veggies, low fat balsamic dressing, onion, and artichokes).

Our dirty sneaker contest (I'm not exactly sure why they chose the name) our club does every summer. Everyone is given a xeroxed sheet containing squares with a sketch of a sneaker in each square. For every day you exercise at least 20 minutes, you can sign your name to a back of the square, cut it out, and drop it into the can each meeting (so you can put in up to 7 per week). First meeting of the month, we draw from the can, and the winner gets a $5 prize.

I won last month and received handmade stationery and a hershey's bar. I thought the candy bar was a bit (considering it's a weight loss group) odd, but so is the woman who provided the gift. As the winner, I had to buy the next $5 gift (and the club reimburses me from the treasury). I chose to buy a cheap Walmart pedometer.

Hugs,