Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 07:15 AM   #16  

Good morning ladies, how is everyone. I'm about to get in the shower and head off to work, just wnated to stop by and say hello.

Marti, your yard is gorgeous! Mine looks like crap rigt now...but I know it's just like weightloss. It takes time and effort and I haven't been putting the effort in! So, instead of waiting on my husband (who workds six & seven days a week), I just need to go do it myself.

Gotta go, catch ya'll later.

Sassy, I'm crossing everything.

Mindee, hope those storms don't get too bad!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #17  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Marti - your yard is very pretty. Makes me want to pull up a chaise lounge and a good book. Ahhhhh!

Angie - what a coincidence, we just saw National Treasure on TV this weekend! I didn't watch the entire thing, but saw most of it. Wiis sell out here in a matter of minutes. I'd like to have one, too!

Ruth - yay for your progress on the treadmill. You're doing just great! Glad your shoulder is better.

Pat - we missed you, too. Good luck with the SS stuff. Seems like they turn down most people on the first try, which I think isn't right.

Ellen - glad to see you back here. Same principle applies to getting rid of "fat clothes". I got rid of all mine when I lost a lot of weight a few years ago, and most of it came back, lol.

Mindee - we've had some flooding north of us, Terre Haute, and it's a mess. People have had to evacuate their homes. Scary business!

Sassy - fingers, and other body parts, are crossed for you!

Mary is working full time now, so we're watching the girls 4 days on, and then 4 days off. She sends dinner for us all, and snacks for the children. Since I don't like to cook much anymore, this works out great for me!

I've been doing well OP. This Indiana heat makes me want to eat lots of salads, and a lite version of Dole Whips.

Gotta tackle the laundry and get the kitchen cleaned up, too.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Good Morning Ladies, I called my soon to be ex hubbie. Asked if he would bring my dvds and vhs tapes for me. I now have 2 boxes full to sort out and put in usable order!! I am happy about that. I need to get the yard mowed too. I asked my son twice yesterday to mow it for me. Big no go. I asked the neighbor man if he would mow it for me, didn't happen either. It is up to me I need the exercise, I gained a little I tried to make an exercise tracker, but i messed it up, need to try again.

Jane~For some reason the state of Indiana has a habit of turning down first time appliers for disability. I may need to try a second time before they approve me for benefits. They turned down my daughter for ss benefits. We got a lawyer before they would approve her. About a year later they sent a notice saying they revolked her benefits. We would have to pay back all the monies they had paid. Got a lawyer, they had to re-establish her benefits, and no pay backs. She was more than entitled to benefits. I can not figure out where they come from some times

Mindee~Seems our weather is a little off this Spring. We were 94 at 6pm yesterday evening!! Very hot for us.

Angie~ I really liked the movie National Treasure. I want to see the second movie in the series. I hope you liked it too.

Ellen~ Glad to hear you are felling a little bit better. Hoping the morning sickness passes soon.

Marti~Love the picture of your yard!!! It is beautiful. You put me to shame. I thought I was done with my planting. I got a notice that I was getting another shipment of flowers. Gotta keep up with ya all

Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 06-09-2008, 11:20 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies,

I didn't realize that I didn't even come in here yesterday. It is really strange how differently I feel now that Tony's surgery is over. I think that after being widowed 2 times before that I was really more upset with all this than I realized. I think I was wondering if this was going to happen to me again. I got up yesterday and just started my WW Flex Plan. I'm sticking to totally healthy foods kind of really looking to using more "fiber" foods like fruits, veggies and good carbs and oils. It was so easy yesterday that it seems really strange. Any way Tony is doing really great although he is experiencing pain and that makes life really great and makes it so much easier for me to be back on track.

Ellen - I'm sorry you are still feeling bad at times. Hopefully it will pass soon and you will be able to feel better. I'm one of those lucky, but strange and rare ones who never had morning sickness when I was pregnant. I only experienced a little twinges of nausea but never severe. Hope you are over that part soon.

Marti - You are a busy, busy gal. The yard is beautiful.

Mindee - Glad you're safe. That tornado was just a bit too close for comfort.

Pat - Hope things work out quickly for you with SS, but they are slow. Previous hubby was on SSD and took forever. Tony's SSD took a long time, didn't take near as long as Bill's did.

Ruth - Sounds like you are really enjoying the WII. So glad your shoulder is feeling better.

Jane - Do you have the girls today? It is sweet for Mary to cook for y'all. She is such a sweetie.

Angie and Everybody else I missed Y'all have a great day.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 06-09-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies;

Started the day w/a cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal. Love oatmeal.....and I need to start eating breakfast again. Otherwise, by dinner time I'm shoveling in everything I can find in the fridge!!

I've made some decisions, that involve me focusing more on me. Scheduling more "me" time. I don't want to spend my entire summer feeling uncomfortable for gaining because I lost my focus.

Mindee--
Ooh...how scary! Glad it didn't come closer to you and your family.

Sassy--Good for you!! I'm very proud of you!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll accept your proposal for going back to your old hours.

Ruth--
The yard is a lot of work. But the owners before us really kept the place nice, so when we moved in, that made it easier. I just have to keep up w/the weeds!!

Jane--
Glad to hear that Mary has a full time job. Does she like working full time? What kinds of things do you have planned w/the girl when you have them?

Pat--What kind of flowers are you getting? Many of the flowers that are up are perennials. If they weren't, I'm afraid I wouldn't be putting anything in this year! The previous owners had planted, Irises, Poppies, roses, lilies, and a bunch that I don't even know what they are, but they're beautiful.

Trish-- How scary for you not knowing during the procedure. Very glad your hubby is back home (is home now?) and is on the mend.

Well it's that time girls.....time to get ready for work. Afterwards, I will be hitting the treadmill with some tunes and tuning out the world and getting back into my walking/jogging again. Can't let all the busy stuff of life get in my way of getting healthier.

Off I go....I'll check in later when I can.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #21  

Good Afternoon Ladies. I got the yard mowed, what a job. I just got started, ran out of gas. Took me for ever to figure out how to open the new gas container. It was so funny. Then when I got it open I had to laugh at myself for making it so hard. Took me over an hour to do it, but it looks nice now.

Marti~ I order a clematis and a couple of other vining plants. That is what is coming now. I know, it seems so late in the season to be planting flowers. I will give them a chance. They might surprise me and grow!!

I am going to cool down some, hit the shower, then go to my sisters house and play cards. Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 06-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #22  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, it is hot now, but they are saying that we could have storms like we did yesterday. so, we shall see how they are going to play out today! hopefully they won't be as bad today.

they said that it wasn't a tornado, but a derecho. which just means a fast moving storm, and this one had plenty of wind and they were straight winds at that! so now we just get to sit and wait it out again.......to see what this one brings. Tommy had to run out and get some milk yesterday......he had to go about a half hour away to find a store that was open and that had power!

Marti~ I meant to tell you that your yard is beautiful!

I got a package of Delphinium flower seeds in the mail today. From what I have seen of them in pictures, they are very beautiful. So, I have Delphiniums, Marigolds, and cucumbers to plant.

I gotta run.....the boys are awake and watching Cars....
Old 06-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #23  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hi Everyone,,,

I have not planted anything! arghhh Its still raining here....we drove by the river this past weekend and boy is it ever high.

Everyone else is sick here,,,except me. That was me last week.

Marti,,,I want your yard,,,it is beautiful. Your work isn't a monday/friday is it?
Jane,,,so does Mary work 4 10 hour shifts?

Mindee,,,no power too? That is scary....I feel silly asking but are you in the tornado belt? As crazy as it sounds,,,my area is. And we get some pretty nasty storms,,,small and large tornadoes...

Pat...clematis are so pretty,,,my boss' backyard has a perogola,,,and part of it has clemantis growing up the once side. How many calories are burned cutting grass? How big of a lawn do you have? Ours is about the size of a stamp....lol

Ruth,,,been looking everywhere for the Wii Fit...really would like to use it as a workout. Was in Best Buy yesterday and it talked about having a trainer on it,,,like the fact it keeps track of you.

Sass...fingers crossed.

well off tobed I go...night all
Old 06-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #24  

Good Night all.

Mindee~What ever they call the storm it sounds scary to me. I hope you didn't get anything that awful today/night. We are having a storm now. It is lightening, thundering, and raining. There for awhile the national weather alert was going off every minute or so. It was mostly below us.

Angelia~ I don't know how many calories are burned per hour of mowing, but it took me 70 minutes to mow it all. It is a double cornor lot. I will try to get my clematis planted tomorrow. I need to get it all done. I added some compost to my back flower bed where I will probably plant the clematis.

Catch you all tomorrow. Pat
Old 06-10-2008, 12:12 AM   #25  

we have power...our power only went out a couple of times, but was quick to come back on. the businesses around us....those are a different story! I can look out our doorwall/front door and it is completely pitch black out there! occasionally you will see a the headlights of a car or truck go by but that is it!

Angie~ I am not sure if we are in a tornado belt. now you have me wondering.

Pat~ Nope, just rain/thunder/lightning tonight.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #26  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Well Thanks Ladies, but you can now uncross everything. lol. It was a big fat NO. Not a little no, but a big NO. lol. He basically said no schedule changes are allowed at this time and that the new girl will just need to learn and if she has any questions she can ask the other dept that we work closely with.

I copied the new girl on the email so he replied to both of us, the new girl is like, "Boy he is really nice, isn't he?". I was like "Yeah can't you tell how much he cares?" lol. So anyways, that is that. But I still can hope for our new manager to change our schedules like I've heard. So lets hope........

But I am proud of me for at least asking. It doesn't hurt to ask. I am used to hearing no, esp from him. I have a feeling he will come by my desk in the AM about it and if he does I will just say, I just thought I would ask is all. Either that or he'll duck and hide when he sees me trying to avoid me. lol.

So lets see what happens......Oh and yesterday morning, all the Dayshift Witches (that is my new nick-name for them) were very very quiet. Very strange. So if they remain this way all week while I am here, then I pretty much know that my counter-part who works opposite me on nights blabbed. But I told her she could tell them or show them the email I sent her. I am not hiding anything. lol.

Well have a great day!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 06-10-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:23 AM   #27  

Sassy~ That is great to hear that you at least tried.....but it sucks that you go a no as an answer.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #28  

Good Morning ladies. It is a beautiful day here~after all the storming it did here last night!

Mindee~Glad to hear that everything is okay with you and your family. Can you tell me how you set up your exercise ticker, please? I thought I had mine all set up ready to go-- it said 2 steps to goal? I tried to fix that problem, didn't help. I had mine with paw prints and a cute dog.

Jane~How are you after the storm last night? Did you get it as bad as it looked on the national weather service radar screen? We were watching Fox 59, they came on every minute or so with updates. We have a sister that lives in Terre Haute(sp) She got it bad.

Sassy Chick~That sucks!!! If he ducks and dives all day you will know some one blabbed. Guilty feelings he can't deal with. As for the "work witches" you don't need them either. Remember what goes around comes around.

I need to eat breakfast, then get outside and pull weeds in the garden, then plant my clematis. Catch you all later. Pat
Old 06-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #29  

Hello Again, I went out to the flower bed. Leveled out the beds. Decided where to plant what, sorta I am going to plant the first ordered bulbs, roots, etc in the bigger bed. The newest arrivals in the smaller bed. They will probably live, the rest may not. Those that do survive I will relocate next Spring, then start over with the bigger beds. I had to wait so long to get the garage caulked and painted that it might be too late for most. Then last night my sweet Niece tells me Aunt Pat we have a big bag of bulbs and roots in my refridge in the garage to divide out and plant. I may give you some of my this that and the other!!!! I might have to build another flower bed to plant all the add ins! Not complaining, I love flowers, so did Mom, I thought I was basically done. I will have to take it slow, in baby steps, BUT I will get them all planted She said she needs about 260 gallons of compost to finish her first flower bed. So I have plenty of opportunity to get another bed built up if I need too I need the exercise, the fresh air, and the satisfaction it gives me to accomplish a pretty yard. Break is about over, need to get some more done.

Angelia~ My Jackonani Clematis has a ton of buds ready to bloom. Hopefully I will have purple flowers soon!! The new clematis that arrived yesterday looks very healthy. I picked out the place I want to plant it.

Catch ya all later! Pat
Old 06-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #30  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies-

Got in an ab workout this morning, plan on walking once I get home. I can eat well all I want, but it's when I add exercise that I start to see any kind of changes in my body....so I will be working on that.

Pat--We have 4 clematis vines around our home. I will have to take some photos soon to share....they're in full bloom right now. Purty!!

Angie--
I do work mon-fri. And occasionally I'll pop in over the weekend if DD isn't with me and I want a smaller work load on a Monday.

Mindee--
Ooh....hope the power comes back on for the businesses!! Stay safe.

Sassy--Sorry to hear it was a no. Are there any other jobs in the area that are of interest to you? Something that you'd be more happy with?

Sorry to make this a quicky....I need a shower after working out. So off I go. You all have a great Tuesday!

Before I go....thank you all for the wonderful comments on my yard. Wish I could take full credit for creating such a nice place!! I'm pretty much just maintaining it.
Closed Thread