Old 07-09-2008, 08:05 AM   #91  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
Have a wonderful trip, Sug! Hope to see you hailing from Canada!
Thanks! I'll try my best. I've actually finished packing now. Usually takes me until midnight. I still have time to go buy some chocolate, not for me, unfortunately.

WABBY - If you're out there somewhere - we're taking our laptop so I'll e mail you when we have more concrete plans and see if we can set something up. I know you have lots of family stuff going on.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #92  
Member w/ messiest house

Are you two going to get together? Wow, I'm so jealous!! Hope it happens!

So who's meeting me at the beach? NO ONE? We even have extra sleeping room this year! Sheesh!

I do not plan to pack until tomorrow. But I'd better get going on that laundry, it never seems to end, and I need all of it for the trip. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #93  
fatter than U

Laundry sucks. Here's something to take your mind off it:

British Woman Finds Bat in Her Bra

Last edited by SugP; 07-09-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #94  
loves kleenex box art

LOL. That British woman has a somewhat different attitude than Kiwi. But 34FF? What is that?

I want to see a series of pictures of Sugar and Wabby at the beach in their bikinis.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #95  
Member w/ messiest house

Aw, how adorable. NOT!!!

I have actually gathered some of the items to pack. Aren't you proud of me? Oh, and the laundry is all done, if you don't count folding, and why should you, after all YOU don't have to do it.

Jetski is safely at the vetski

We are leaving just after the arsecrack of dawn tomorrow. When is that, anyway? I'm thinking maybe 7 am is early enough. I'm sure I will get at least 2 hours of sleep that way.

Tata Until we type again.

kiwi
Old 07-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #96  

Sugar, I have all the time in the world for a fellow cow.

My dog continues to deteriorate. Sometimes he can't walk and it breaks my heart. Yesterday he couldn't get up when it was bedtime and I left him on the deck with the door open (sometimes he just needs a little time to rest before he can get up). He started whining and crying, so I slid him onto a blanket and drug it into the house. The next morning he got up and was walking again, so he managed to live another day. I thought for sure it was time to take him to be euthanized, but as long as he doesn't seem to be in pain, I'm keeping him going.

I seem to be in a manic mode of cleaning gutters, windows and moss off the roof. I'm also whacking and trimming my way through my flower beds that have been neglected for over a year. Rick would be so proud of me. I'm being ruthless with my pruners.

OK. Here's my new economic plan, and yes, Kiwi is right about how the earnest money thing works. They waste my time for 3 years, I keep their money. My new plan on making a living sounds crazy considering the housing market, but I'm getting my real estate license again and going back to selling real estate. I'm giving it a year, then if I'm starving, I'll consider a regular 8 to 5 job......... but I really don't want to go back to that. I want to be able to have Thursdays free to babysit Brody and Wednesday afternoons free so I can pick up Kayden. I want to run my own business and not have a "boss". Please do not tell me I'm crazy. Tell me how wonderful I'll do and what a brilliant idea this is.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #97  
Member w/ messiest house

You're crazy! Just kidding!!! I think it's a great idea. I didn't know you'd done that before. I don't want you to miss out on time with your sweet grandbabies -- so that could work out well.

Sorry to hear that doggy is still having so much trouble. I think you are doing the right thing. You'll know when he can't go on.

I had to put down one of my cats years ago. He'd been sick, but it didn't seem like the end to me. Then one day it was like a light switched off, and I didn't waste any time getting him to the vet.

Well, I'm impressed with all your industriousness! Are you impressed with my shrinking signature line? I honestly don't see any difference in my weight (expect the number) but some of my in-laws tell me they can tell I've lost weight. Yay! I love my in-laws.

Hey look, I'm still hanging around here when I should be in bed. Something new...

I called DD earlier tonight, and she returned my call around 12:30 -- they had been at Quantico since 6:45 am this morning, until 5 or 6 this evening. "Headquarters" Then they had to go to a movie for one of their classes, and she still had homework to do. What a summer she's having! Can't wait to see her tomorrow or the next day (depending on when we get to DC).

Bye kids! I really am leaving this time.

Kiwi
Old 07-11-2008, 11:20 PM   #98  

Oh no!!!! Kiwi don't go! I just got here!!!!!

I am duly impressed w/ your shrinking numbers. I'm on the losing cycle again too. I've been walking almost every morning for at least 3 weeks now. 1/2 hour every morning. I'm starting to not dread it. I don't know if I'll ever love it.

Today was another day of pruning and weeding and watering. Plus today was mow day. I'm bushed.... and I'm not talking about George W. ........ do you find it interesting that I'm doing all this work instead of cleaning out part of the barn so I can rent it and working on getting my real estate license?? ...... and yes, Kiwi, I used to sell real estate in my former life. There were things about it I liked ... and things I didn't like, but the freedom to set my own schedule is winning out. Besides, I don't know how employable I am. I think it would be really hard to work for someone after all the years of running our own business. Plus I am a woman of a certain age now.

Have I mentioned I'm being overrun by squirrels? They chewed through the heavy plastic tub that the dog food is in... .... the expensive $40 a bag special diet dog food. Cuter than bats, but basically the same rodent with a furry tail.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:19 PM   #99  
Member w/ messiest house

I'm baaaaaaccckkkk! I'm at the beach and have found wireless. yay. We stayed in DC area last night, saw DD briefly, then had breakfast with her this morning. She's doing so well, so busy, totally enjoying it. She hit us with some news that is going to take some getting used to though -- she broke up with the bf. Typical of her, she didn't tell us for more than a month. She has basically moved on, don't know if he has. I would expect that he's pretty devastated but maybe it was inevitable. I feel like I've lost a family member At the moment I am self-medicating with my family and Miller Lite at the beach.

Boo. Life is so sucky sometimes.

On the bright side I'm at the beach!!!!

Don't ask me why I put the drooler in there.

Glad to hear you are walking. I have got to get doing something myself. This trip has not begun very well for the ol' weight tracker -- lots of unhealthy food, not enough sleep, no exercise. And now I'm popping the Millers open. I will be a whale by next week if I don't watch it.

Later, cowsies
kiwi
Old 07-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #100  
Member w/ messiest house

It's hot here! and sandy! and sticky!
Old 07-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #101  
fatter than U

NO bikinis!

Boy am I jetlagged! Bleh. The flight was wonderful but the food was soooo awful. Worst I've ever had.

Must got and have lunch with people who invited themselves over. Haven't seen any of them for 20 years.

More later.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:09 AM   #102  
Member w/ messiest house

20 years? Eek!

or How exciting! depending on your mood.

Right now that would completely freak me out. I think it has something to do with the fact that DH took a bunch of video today and I saw it. And I'm in it. Wearing a bathing suit and a pair of shorts. I don't know about you all, but that is not a flattering combination on me. 'Specially side view. Just not good. It's funny how the me in my head looks so much better than the me in videos.

Blah. Too much family togetherness around here. I need some space.

I mean, yay beach!

Kiwi
Old 07-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #103  
The magic shrinking cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post

My dog continues to deteriorate. Sometimes he can't walk and it breaks my heart. Yesterday he couldn't get up when it was bedtime and I left him on the deck with the door open (sometimes he just needs a little time to rest before he can get up). He started whining and crying, so I slid him onto a blanket and drug it into the house. The next morning he got up and was walking again, so he managed to live another day. I thought for sure it was time to take him to be euthanized, but as long as he doesn't seem to be in pain, I'm keeping him going.

I seem to be in a manic mode of cleaning gutters, windows and moss off the roof. I'm also whacking and trimming my way through my flower beds that have been neglected for over a year. Rick would be so proud of me. I'm being ruthless with my pruners.

OK. Here's my new economic plan, and yes, Kiwi is right about how the earnest money thing works. They waste my time for 3 years, I keep their money. My new plan on making a living sounds crazy considering the housing market, but I'm getting my real estate license again and going back to selling real estate.
I think it's a great idea! Some people will still want to buy houses. We're buying next year after I finish my degree and get a permanent job. I'm sick of renting. I want a garden!!!

Y'all would be so proud of me! I've been cleaning like a maniac. I've been ruthless with the clutter. I think it has finally gotten to me. We've taken four or five Jeep-loads of stuff to Goodwill and thrown away even more stuff.

On the sadder front, I'm also dealing with an older dog. Julietta, whom I've had since 1993, is declining. She's a pointer and she has lost a lot of weight. She can still go up and down stairs, she can still get on the bed, and she seems happy, but she has gotten leaky and she has a bit of trouble breathing. Our other old dog, Zippy (three months younger) seems fine, except she's pretty much deaf and blind. I thought they would be young and crazy forever, like me!

Kiwi, I know what you mean about the video. I keep thinking I'm doing great, then I see a picture someone has taken of me from the side and I realize I don't quite look the way I think I look. Sigh.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #104  
fatter than U

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
LOL. That British woman has a somewhat different attitude than Kiwi. But 34FF? What is that?
I believe those are what are known as "Big Uns".

I had lunch (not yesterday's lunch, today's which was a different one. I wonder how long it will take me to get all lunched out?) with my bestest friend today and two other "girls" I know from high school. It was lovely. Found out that my kids are not that bad after all.

Have already made a large dent in a package of chocolate chunk cookies. Bad, bad Sugar.

Yes, yes, the side view is the worst. I tried on the three bathing suits in my drawer before we left and chose the least terrifying one. NOT a pretty sight.

Hugz to everyone, especiall those with ailing doggies.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:21 PM   #105  
Member w/ messiest house

Sounds like fun, Sug! And of course your kids are not that bad!! I think they're lovely.

Cherry -- Yay on the decluttering! I wish I could get motivated like that.

from the beach.