Old 06-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #46  

That was strange. I missed a big string of posts, so when I finally did post, it seemed like I was coming from left field. Which is nothing new.

You should be bragging about your children. Believe me, I'd be bragging to anyone who didn't run the other direction if my kids were accomplishing such things. I still brag about my kids and their biggest accomplishments seem to be having sex and making beautiful babies. If people have a problem with you telling what your kids are doing, then it's their problem, not yours. I tell anyone who will listen how skilled and talented DS is, and what a good Daddy he is, and what an amazing mother DD is. Because they are, and I love them, and I have every right to ring their bell...... the following is one of my favorite quotes by Marianne Williamson.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

....your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so other people won't feel insecure around you. ..... Isn't that so true????
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:38 AM   #47  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello! I found you! I'm just popping by to say hi! Just got back from a week of Boy Scout summer camp and before that, a week in Vancouver. I love Vancouver! My feet are so sore, though from all the walking.

I miss checking in here! I miss you all!
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #48  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

OH MY HUDDA HUDDA HUDDA HUDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIND THIS CONVOLUTED THREAD!!! I am annoyed that this has happened!! kiwi told me how to get here,but honestly--i was too menopaused to even read the instructions until had some sleep====I MISS YOU COWS!!===AND HI CHERRY ---WE MISS YOU TOO!!!!=====it's true about me ---i do have 175 kids and seven hundred loads of laundry that i refuse to do---and no towels EVER and a washer with loads of clothes that they leave wet until JUST before mildewing------i won't move them to the dryer because then it becomes a never ending cycle of me rescuing everything---EVERYONE says'you have to make those girls do their fair share' hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa------every now and then i holler about something but it's too much----what i usually do ,as i did for many summers before,is stifle it all and complain to dh and then wait for the summer to end------the good part is--the kids are wayyyyyyyyyy more interesting now that they are older--they were cute when they were little,but now we can sit around,have a few drinks and TALK about lots of things-----they are all so smart and cute and funny{ i hear we have removed the moratorium on bragging!! haha}----if you look on facebook pics i have posted you will see that they ALL are here in surf city this summer---first time in many years!!! i took a pic so you can see how big ds is as well!!!-----dd24 is back with her old bf and we all like him so all is well---i loved the little dane but i understand what happened====just too young really====and of course i am thrilled that she will not be residing on another continent!!---sugar,of course you dealt with all of this with your love,but i am sure your parents had a hard time giving you up!!!! your trip must be coming up soon to CA NA DA !!!!! Exciting!!!!=====; let's seeeee--what is going on here----ds 'graduated' from grade 8 so he starts highschool in the fall---he got the math prize and high honours and a golf trophy===i told you all about the other graduations so that was FOUR this season====i am all partyed out!!! we had a birthday party=dinner and grad celebration last week for step dd 22 and ds----i have had one too many VATS of artichoke dip--i am virtually made of cream cheese and have dimpled into a piece of cheese myself!!!!!-----well----i will continue rambling later---my dd whose cat placed at the cat show yesterday has just showed up!!! see yas later---i miss you---thank the heavens i found you--and twenty two is too much for a garbage can---but it may be worth it!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #49  
loves kleenex box art

I know you are relieved to have the fear of her moving across the wide waters to another culture and time zone. She had a grand adventure and let's put it behind us .. and her. Is this bf the one you chose for her? Didn't you pick out her first bf?

All your kids are brilliant and beautiful. I went to facebook but didn't see your ds. Is he smashed between all the girls somehow?

Wabby, things I brag about concerning ds are his accomplishments and what sets him apart from others but my FAVORITE things about him are when he comes home and he's wearing socks I made for him. And when he makes dinner. Stuff like that.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #50  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

there is nothing sweeter than your dear ds wearing your sox!!! my dd's wear your sox --- SO I DON'T GET TO===IS THAT SWEET!!! I THINK NOT!!!!----BUT THE making of dinner is fantastic---not to be sneezed at!!!---we all drink here because in liberal canada the drinking age is 19 not TWENTY ONE!!!! -- i just had to add that cause no one has listed 'drinking with the kids' as something to brag about!!haha----{it's 18 in quebec,pei and alberta----16 in Denmark} you americans are SO teetotally!!!----speaking of dd24,the bf she has is older---he is at least 10 maybe 12 years older---he seems young,but anyway---we like him and nothing is written in stone!!ha---i must see if kiwonk's dd will add me on facebook===i think she has a very interesting life up there!! i hope bill clinton is staying away from her and her friends!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:34 AM   #51  
loves kleenex box art

older ?? then he's settled in a career and has money to spend~~ I like the word "monies." Kiwi can tell me how to use it but it always sounds funny and amusing to me. He has monies to spend on her! And you. Tell him you need a new watering can and paint set. How old were YOU when YOU started drinking? All of you. Tell me.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #52  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i was actually a few months shy of nineteen--i was a prude---dd24 was around 16 and dd22 was 18------------ds13---almost 14 is still pure----his friends--not so much-----the thing i find strange----i think kids drink early in the US as well as here,but TWENTY ONE is really far off from 16------------ that makes it seem more extreme---to me anyway.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:57 AM   #53  
fatter than U

Sheesh - skimming and scanning all these threads to find you cows is taxing my tiny brain. Must subscribe.

I'd pay $11.99 for a garbage can. Tops. And it better be a big one.

Cherryyyyy! You really went to Vancouver??? The one in B.C., not the one in Washington State? Isn't it great? I'll be there in two weeks!

My kids have done nothing bragalicious yet, but I'll let you know. DS15 STILL hasn't called us from Austria and he arrives back Saturday so we'll just assume he is still alive. Ds12 heard rumours at school yesterday about the kids on the trip "drinking alcohol out of buckets" and "doing it". Oh oh.

I will come back and read Bagzie's posts later when my eyes are working properly.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:15 AM   #54  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
How old were YOU when YOU started drinking? All of you. Tell me.
16, I think. Peer pressure. I was stupid. But I stopped again when I was in my 20's so that must count for something.

I have no monies. My koffers are empty.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #55  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

what are we gonna do when the thread name changes??? i am confusedddddddddddd
Old 06-25-2008, 01:35 AM   #56  
loves kleenex box art

We will line up single file behind Kiwi and she will take us all there at once.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:01 AM   #57  
fatter than U

Or...we can just let this thread run 4-EVER
Old 06-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #58  

NEWS FLASH!!!!! DS's son, Brody Allen has arrived. He weighs 7 lbs. 4 oz. and 20 inches long. He has dark hair and is perfection. I'll post photos later. He was born yesterday at 4:10 pm.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #59  
fatter than U

Congratulations to the Wabbit family! I bet Brody's a cutie.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

How wonderful!! A new little boy bunny.! Cute name, Brody! Aw, that's so lovely -- DS has a boy and a girl. How is Kayden taking this exciting event?

I like monies too. I think monies go further than plain ol' money. I can always find monies under the seat of the car or at the bottom of my purse.

I remember my first beer: my best friend's father gave us each one. We were probably 14 or 15. Didn't have another one until I was in college, I think. But my friend and I occasionally drank cheap wine when we went out with older guys. Also once we met some guys at the beach and went drinking with them -- screwdrivers, I believe. We got back to the beach house so late, that we got busted big time. We were grounded the next day (didn't care, we were both so hungover -- didn't do that again for a long time) When I got to college, the drinking age was 18, I was not quite 18, but I'm afraid I didn't let that bother me. I was never carded until after I turned 18. I was a little smartiepants too -- I used to buy beer at a little package store down the road from college. On my 18th birthday I walked in there, where the owner recognized me, and announced that I was now legal and could I have a bottle of Southern Comfort! He laughed. When I was a teenager at home, my parents occasionally let me have a small glass of wine with a holiday meal. They used to drink that sicky sweet stuff -- concord grape wine. Also when I was nearly 18, my mother decided to find out how much I knew about alcohol and had me smell or taste a number of different samples of liquor. I knew what they all were. I'm sure she was very proud. I guess she thought I should know the tastes so I could tell if someone slipped alcohol into a beverage without my knowing. She should have concentrated on "how much is too much" -- it was a giant drinking culture at college. I suppose it still is, but DD is so incredibly moderate, it doesn't look like she spends much time drinking. Yay for her. Neither do I, by the way, although I do enjoy the occasional cold beer, or tasty mixed drink.

Yes, my little chickadees, should the need arise for a new thread, you may grab my coat-tails and trail along after me. Who knows where we might end up!!

Well, I have homework to do! Later gators
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote