Old 08-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #151  
fatter than U

Red face mehhhhhhhhhh

I had chocolate cake yesterday and a Ding Dong last week and even opened up a couple cans of Fancy Feast for the cats around here. One is black and white, one is white and black and they despise each other. Stevie Wonder would not be pleased.

Also, bears are everywhere. Paw prints on the windows in the morning after they take down the hummingbird feeders and drink the sugar water and one knocked over the compost bin the other night.

We had an interesting time camping in the U.S. The people were soooo nice and so polite and so customer service oriented. What a difference. Convenience and choice, that's what it's all about. And the shopping is fabulous compared to Dullsville. I should have bought more, but I thought the nice young man at the Canadian border would actually care what we were bringing in. He just waved us on through after a few steely-eyed questions.

Now, in our last week here, we're swamped with lunches and dinners with old people who are apparently just dying (not literally) to see us after totally ignoring us for the past two decades. Family friends and such. You know how it is. I am stressed. I do NOT, NOT, NOT want to go back. Ugh. Only 6 more years until ds12 graduates. I hope I make it.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #152  
fatter than U

Oh yeah, that bus incident was all over the papers here and I am just appalled. How absolutely horrible. Can you imagine being there?? There's a bit outcry over the lack of help for people with mental illness in Canada so hopefully something good will come out of it.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #153  
fatter than U

P.S. For the first time in history my weight ticker actually shows my real weight because I have been loosing since we go there. Yay! I know I'll get back home, get all depressed and start stuffing again, but it's been nice while it lasted.

P.P.S. EVERYONE wears crocks here.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #154  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh my goodness sugar--your trip and visit sounds eventful= stay away from those crazy bears----|
----i was shocked out to find out that the nut on the bus had just emigrated from China---didn't they check his background---obviously he must have had some 'issues'====and then in China some nut murdered and almost murdered and American Tourist and his wife--they were relatives of a coach for one of the olympic teams----HELLO!!!! no offence to China,but calm down you people!!!! {totally racist comments i am sure,but one get's pissed now and again,and lately i am a ***** most of the time}
Miss PEachbat--when i worked at Sobeys---- grocery store,i liked working at the 'canteen' as they once called it----i got to make doughnuts,sandwiches and hotdogs-----and sometimes i even got meager tips!!! do they have a section for a sitdown and a cuppa????
and last but not least KIWI!!! THAT IS ONE AMAZING STORY---THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME IN ALLLLLLLLLLLLL THE BREAKUPS IN THIS CRAZY HOUSE----how rude of those people!!! unbelievable---esp since you have all been so nice to each other---were they supposed to marry????that is the only answer to this???? ridiculous!!! unbelievable. Even the poor mother of the Dane was sweet to me and dd and i fully expected her to hate us after what her son went through. They are the ones missing out.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:54 PM   #155  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
If DS were hurt, I would want to go after his whole family. What idiots raised this kid? They need to have me, personally, smack their faces. I know it's not reasonable but it's the emotion that came up.
I know the feeling. It's that completely innate protectiveness every mother must have. So, it's not that I don't understand the bf's parents' feelings, but they loved DD too and they ought to be more grownup than to still (after 2 months) be so upset/angry that they can't talk to us. I guess they were more invested in the idea of the kids getting married. But no, there was no engagement at all, there never was.

In reality, I feel like as parents we are all in the same boat -- we're sad about it too; it feels like losing a member of the family. Funny thing, though, I've gone through the exact same thing when I did lose a member of the family: when my dad died, my stepmother clearly stopped giving a crap about us. It was uncanny. She was always fairly polite about it though.
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #156  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa CANADA HASN'T WON A SINGLE MEDAL AT THE OLYMPICS----COUNTRIES I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF HAVE WON MEDALS!!! WE SUCK!!!!----THIS IS SO EMBARASSING!!! i have been staying up too late watching the gymnastics---isn't it funny how the boys can be so thrilled to win a bronze and the girls can be so sad to win a silver???? i guess they say you don't win the silver -'you lose the gold'-----oh well---i am really enjoying michael phelps amazing run--cross your fingers that he isn't on any dope---that would totally suck---i was so sad about the JONES runner who ended up in jail!!! and that stupid canadian Ben Johnson started it all back in the eighties!!!------------the sun came out after two weeks---they said people up here were suffering from SAD----in the summer for lards sake!!!! pathetic!! END OF MEANINGLESS RANTING!~
Old 08-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #157  
loves kleenex box art

Oh I can't get enough of ranting. Rant RANT RANTTT ON! Sister!! I am just off work. I have whined to all the bosses about how I want another job in the store and then I learned the liquor store woman is moving to a different store. So I think maybe I could be happy there. Thennnn (I am boring myself) this woman bought some stuff from me and asked for cigarettes. I had no bagger and was far from the cigarette place so I rushed off to get them. The woman BEHIND HER yelled that she wanted ciggys too. So off I go, get the ciggys, rush back, ring them up and the woman in front says, "Sorry ma'am. This was a liquor check. I'm underage." She will be OF AGE in FIVE 5 FIVE days. Five days. So I failed and got all yelled at (quietly) and written up and I don't know if I would be trusted in the liquor store or not. But, the person up at the counter selling lottery tickets also failed and she's still there selling them so who knows.

CAnadians are only good at skiing and fishing through little holes in the ice. We all know that. They are cute, though.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #158  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
-isn't it funny how the boys can be so thrilled to win a bronze and the girls can be so sad to win a silver????
I thought exactly the same thing. Doesn't say much for the girls' sportsmanship that they couldn't buck up and be happy. Good grief. We started watching the women's gymnastics with DD and the first thing she said when saw the USA team was "oo--b****y girls".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
the woman in front says, "Sorry ma'am. This was a liquor check. I'm underage."
That is so mean: you were set up! I'll bet it was on purpose so someone less qualified could get the liquor counter job. Sorry, I'm a born pessimist.

Today I got this in a newsletter:
Quote:
Silly or Snappy? You be the judge!
Nothing is more personal than your own name. It is a part of you; it defines who you are. Besides, it’s stuck with you for life- unless you are willing to sort through the mountain of paperwork required to change it. But what’s behind a name?
Is it as simple as choosing your favorite relative and passing their name on to your son or daughter? Or can it come from something that has sentimental value to you? In some cases, people decide to take it a step further and choose very unusual names; just to be unique.

Celebrity parents have played a big part in this trend, and this month Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban turned heads when they settled on Sunday Rose as their daughter’s name.
With such a stir over the Hollywood couple’s name choice, we decided to look at some of the most popular baby names over time and see whether we could find anything as unique as ‘Sunday!’ Livescience.com has a complete listing of all the top baby names over time (according to the U.S. Social Security Administration) including the top five from both 1950, and 2007! Although we did not find anything quite as unique as Sunday, we did notice that the most popular names have changed quite a bit when compared to those in the fifties. Take a peek at the top five baby names from 1950 and 2007, and see if your name made the cut!
I thought that was so stupid I wrote them a letter pointing out that "popular" and "unique" are mutually exclusive and offering my services as a copyeditor. That's my rant for today.

DD got her wisdom teeth out today. She had general anesthetic, and she was a riot. She told me as we were waiting to be able to leave that her "nole is ton". She meant her tongue was numb. We had a hilarious conversation. She's been sleeping pretty much ever since.

Oh, by the way, Michael Phelps is on this new program of Super Drug testing that some of the best athletes are doing, to prove they're clean.

DD's up. Gotta go.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #159  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Here's what I'm not doing today

I'm not yard-saling with my mil and sil.
I'm not taking a ride with my fil.
I'm not sleeping on the porch with my chin on the floor.
I'm not depositing cat hair on dd's bed.

No indeed, those are things that other members of my household are doing.

I am surfing the internet in my pajamas and stressing about how soon dd is leaving for a lifetime abroad.

k
Old 08-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #160  
loves kleenex box art

Of all those, I choose sleeping with chin on floor.

I am stressed about many things. DS leaving in a week and not being a bit sorry about it is one. But it's only one.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #161  
Member w/ messiest house

Default my new favorite website is bartleby.com

Your DO (Darling Offspring) is driving you slowly insane too? I'm sure it's their way of sparing us any pain in their leaving. I was looking for a smily to put at the end of that sentence, but the only one that seemed right was . DD is doing her stubborn stop-helping-me-you-annoying-old-woman act (she didn't actually say that, that's just what it feels like). What is DS doing for his "farewell" performance?

Aren't they adorable? Fortunately, DD has a friend who's home for the weekend and is hanging out with her quite a bit. It distracts her from the exbf family neglect stress. Although it is also distracting her from coming up with a packing list or any other preparations for her trip to the other side of the world. Maybe she figures if she forgets anything, she can come home on the weekend. It is going to be a mucho stressful final week before leaving. Of course she won't want me to help, so perhaps I should just leave her to it?

Bagz has been gallavanting all over the place, playing golf, riding in limos to fancy concerts. She posts photos on phacebook to make me jealous.

I am still trying to get back on track eating-wise after too much vacationing/visiting/bbqs. It's hard to eat right when you hate going to the store so much. I could just eat blueberries out of the yard
Old 08-17-2008, 09:40 PM   #162  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

haha--gallivanting indeed!! i am trying to escape my life!!!--the past weekend was spent in margueritaville---i was at sissy's cottage ---remember kiwi--you and peach were there before sissy made it into a monster of a place----the gang from the Eagle's Concert was there and we stayed up til past three each evening {well,i did crash at two last night.and a few of them stayed up til FIVE!!}---around the fire,playing guitar etc----i was into the pre-mixed Margies from Shmirnoff----tequila based with grand marnier---do i have any after effects???? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh indeed!!!---the orphanage is beginning to empty out---one has left for Colorado College,another leaves for Nova Scotia tomorrow----one is leaving for Vet School at the end of the week----the place is still a dump,but it will be quieter soon=---i think i know what you all mean by the good-bye behaviour----it does help to have them acting all adult like-----this nest leaving thing is endless---how many times do we have to go through it!!!-----well,must get some advil and retire----i think i may need to start a 12 step program tomorrow===ohh---and i guess Canada finally got a few medals thank heavens---at least i have Michael Phelps!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #163  

I want Bagzie's life. At least the Margaritaville part. I could rant, but I'll save it for later. Sugar was within 1 1/2 hours of my house and she didn't stop in. I really don't blame her, it's a nuthouse lately........ and I'm not talking about squirrels. I let the sweet stepgrandson6 stay the night. He was afraid to sleep in the guest room upstairs, so I let him sleep in my bed. He wet it, and he's not a bedwetter. Geez. It could have something to do with all the watermelon he ate right before bedtime.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #164  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh dear! Wabby, you must not know whether to laugh or cry! I'd feel sorry for the little fellow if it wasn't in your bed!

I want to go to margueritaville too! Did you know that ibuprofin after an evening of overindulging can make you really sick to your stomach? Take Tylenol instead.

It's only 64 degrees here, isn't that weird? A couple of days ago it was hot. I have to go change my weather thingamajigs so I can see the temp in Oman. Damn, only 9 days to go. We were going to make a little trip of this, take DH's mother and stay with in-law relatives in Connecticut, then take DD to the airport (she is flying out of NY), then take the MIL visiting for a day or 2, then home. Found out yesterday all her relatives are coming up here to visit her 3 days before we were going to go there. Totally blew our plans; now it will cost us a fortune in hotels, food, as well as the gas of course, and all just to drop the little darling off at the airport. My life is so ******ed.

If I were an hour and a half from Wabbit, I would definitely stop by. Let's go beat Sugar up. (Just kidding, dear...)

There is a tennis ball at my feet. I wonder what that means.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #165  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

okay i hate the way this works---can we start a thread on some other site,like the fiftysomethings or what ever the ****--i hate that we hardly talk anymore cause it's too much trouble to find us----i am sure we can get in somewhere-=---help me someone---I MISS YOU GUYS---THIS IS BORING!!!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP'~~~~@@@~!~!~