Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning this Monday morning. Just a quick hello. I have a lot to do today so I'm sorry I won't be doing indies. Everything is going well here today food wise. I hope we get my microwave part in today so I can get my microwave working again or get another one this week if the part doesn't fix it. Catch you later.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 02-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #47  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Ellen - you first. Hey, you don't have to apologize for ranting here. We're here to support and encourage each other, and we've each had our times that we felt just like you do right now. It will pass. Yay for the measurements being smaller. That's the real indication of progress, anyway, if you think about it. Weight on the scales fluxuates so much it's not really very reliable.

Jules - I love your new avatar! Yeah, when the mayor was in high school with me, he thought he was "all that", and sort of still does. But, at least he married the kids. It was his first wedding since he took office at the first of the year.

Sassy - hmmm.... since you asked, I think 100 pounds by the end of September is a lot to lose. I'm not saying you can't do it, but I think maybe you should set your goal at 50 pounds by then. That would be about 7 pounds a month, which is a healthier way to lose. I have no doubt you can lose 50 pounds by then. You have youth on your side, and all of us (and the gals from your other threads) to encourage you. How about setting 10 pound goals, 1 at a time? Doing that seems so much easier than saying we want to lose 100 pounds. Whatever you decide, I'm here for you.

Vann - aww, thank you so much for the kind words! About the weight, it does seem that the older we get, especially after menopause, the weight is like concrete - just doesn't want to budge! Here's something I've been eating when I just have the urge to munch: mix 1/3 cup of salsa w/1 T. lite Ranch dressing, and use it for a veggie dip. Lots of crunch and volume for few calories.

Trish - thanks for all the encouraging words you give to everyone. Sounds to me that the IE is just what you need. From what you've said before, you can handle it just fine.

Tammy - so sorry about your mom. I was in the same place with my MIL several years ago, and making all the decisions is difficult, and sure to upset someone that doesn't agree with you. Wow, you're lucky to have your own personal trainer in the family, even if she is about to kill you, lol.

Marti - I think it's so much fun to get new wall hangings and look at something else for awhile. How's Jhanai doing?

Mindee - it's cold here, too, and we have sleet on the way. Brrr!

Thank you all for the congrats and good wishes for Katie and Clint. She came by the house last night after they got back in town, and it seemed so odd to think of her as someone's wife! She's still my baby, no matter what, lol.

I'm sitting in a Barnes and Noble in Evansville, waiting for my partial plate to get repaired at the dentist's office. I've also ordered a new one, but since they take up to 3 weeks to be made, I didn't want to walk around with a big gap, lol. Anyway, they have WiFi and a Starbuck's here in the bookstore, which is cool. The internet, coffee, and books - what could be better?

I'm still OP and brought my lunch with me, so I wouldn't be temped by all the restaurants.

BBL,
Old 02-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #48  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JANE...CONGRAT'S to Katie & Clint! And WTG on the loss this week!

VANN...did ya find some dvd's? I was just at Target this morning and saw that they have lots of them...Wal-Mart last week was almost out...had about 3 but of something I wouldn't do, lol.

ELLEN...hang in there missy! Lord knows I have been there so many times. But I think what kept me going was I refused to quit! and then finally my body decided to respond to all the exercise and eating right.

SASSY...I don't know...100 pounds by Sept. is a lot and you could probably do it but I don't think it would be the wise thing to do. Like Jane, I think I would aim more for 50 pounds.

TAMMY...hugs to you and your family.

MARTI...don't get stressed missy, sounds like you have just been busy, busy, busy!

FRANCIE...how are you missy?

TRISH...glad you had a good eating day.

Nothing much going on with me today. Had errands to run and while at Target ended up getting some Easter things for the kids easter baskets. I know it's early but was looking at toys...gotta get some things for them to do while at the house. I have no toys for them to play with and they get bored. Although, while they were here Friday we discovered that they like Spongebob. Anyway...gotta go read up on TBL thread and go exercise.

Have a good day!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Hi Guys!

Trish--You posted exactly what I was thinking! I can be and am successful in many areas of my life, but I know I have to believe it! I am reading a Wayne Dyer book on the power of positive thinking and it is really helping! I am creating a vision board and have added my 10 lb initial goal...I think I can...I think I can:-)

Mindee--We must have been typing at the same time. Griffin had speech therapy for 2 years. He also had the hearing test etc. AND My Grandson is being evaluated as well. Good Luck--stay persisitent. I know from experience that boys are slower, but once that get it..you can't get them to be quite:-)

Sassy- Your Cat story was too funny (probably not funny at the time) I have 4 Maine Coon cats now. I will have to send a picture of my latest kitty soon. Can't live without my kitties!

Tammy--I am so sorry to hear about your Mom- I will keep her in my prayers. What does DIL mean? I have been thinking about a personal trainer to help get me jump started.

Marti--I am sure your paintings are beautiful!! How is your house coming?

Jane--thanks for the food tips. I actually got very organized yesterday and cut up single bags of celery and wheat crackers (lowfat). I have to say that getting on the scale was quite and eyeopening experience. I am sure your teeth will be beautiful!! Hope you enjoyed your book day:-)

Christina- I didn't get the ability to go to target, but I am going to get the 1 mile walking one. I am walking at lunch tomorrow, but I know I need something to do daily!

I had a pretty good day--work is still pretty stressful, but I am trying to stay in the moment. One day at a time. I tend to get ahead of myself and then I get stressed out, but I feel pretty peaceful today.

Hello to Ellen and everyone else!

Thanks

Vann
Old 02-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #50  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hola everyone!!

Sorry I haven't been on. For some reason, this site doesnt load right on my labtop. This is the first time it's actually loaded all the way. Anyways..not much to report though. We did some major cleaning in the bedroom on sunday, and moved the furniture around. Right now I'm doing laundry from all the clothes we found, lol. I'm so happy, I found all the new clothes that I bought like back in Dec, lol. Tomorrow, I'll clean the living room. Dh's birthday is on thursday!!!! He's gonna be 24, but doesnt look a day over 17, lol. So thats about it from this end.

Hope everyone has a good week!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #51  
ugggg.....

Quickie--hubbys calling so I am going to run--will be back tomorrow for indys!!

Teri went back to work today. She will officially be the head stock room supervisor and was told that she should get $12.50 an hour. She was reallly tired today and hated leaving Dominic. They are real good about letting her pump since she wants to keep him on breast milk as long as she can. Great grandme had fun with the little man today. Between her, me & Becky he should be covered and not have to go to a daycare yet. It looks like Dave could get a year for the DUI/drinking violation of probation. The court date is the 25th. I have mixed feelings. He can't keep a job and the drinking is a big problem along with his control issue but he does help her out with the baby and for some reason she is in love with the boy. Ry got called in to work for a catered birthday party--he said he should get really good tips.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #52  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Wink Hey Chicks.

Hi Ladies.

Well the Winter Storm is on her way!!! I hope I don't get stuck here!!! (work) DH said he'd come and pick me up (he drove me in) They are putting people up in hotels, but I cannot sleep in strange beds and with me working 13/14 hour shifts, sleep is a necessaity!!! But if I have too, I guess I have too.

News on our Boss and his car: He SAYS that it was the other person's fault. I don't buy it though. Where the accident occured, he had to stop, there is a stop sign there and the cross traffic does not have to stop. So I don't see how it was her fault. Plus he said it was on his front left side, so there is no way that could have happened from the other direction, she had to be coming down the st. that does not have to stop. So I say it had to be his fault and he just doesn't want to "fess up" to it. He says that he has major damage and his car is like his "baby", its a BMW, so its going to be very pricey to get fixed. So we'll have to see.......Of course he asked me about my FMLA papers, told him, the dr. still has the papers, he has been very busy with this major flu outbreak or whatever it is.

Ellen -- Diddo what Jane said. These ladies are very supportive, I should know I am probably one of the top complainers here! lol. They have always been there for me and are just wonderful people, so just rant away, that is part of the process of weightloss, to get out those feelings.

Jane -- I know it would difficult and all, but I just really really want to lose it by then. I guess what I can do is set my goal for 50 and if I happen to lose more (which I hope!!!) then that will just be a +. You know what makes me sick though? How easy a lot of men have with losing weight. There was this guy on a food tv show, about this Salad place, he said since he began eating lunch there, he has lost 25 lbs in 25 days!!! I am like holy moly!! It would take me an eternity to lose that much!!! lol. I may have "youth" on my side but I have a lot of obstacles too that keeps me from losing. I have an EXTREMELY hard time losing, I always have. If I want to lose anything I can't eat hardly anything and I have to exercise almost 24/7. Not saying that is an excuse, just my body does not want to give up the fat!!! lol. It is very stingy. lol. Mmmmmmm coffee. Good Coffee.....UGH I have been wanting GOOD coffee. We ran out of our normal kind and only one store around here (that we know of anyways) has it and its not close by.......... I know what you mean about Katie always being your baby, cuz that is what my mom says about me. lol.

Cristina -- I know its a lot, but I am going to just try to lose as much as possible, put my goal at 50 and hope to lose more than that!!!

Vann -- My cat is just a hoot. lol. He makes me laugh all the time. lol. I love him though.

Hi Francie!!!

Jules -- Ooooo a quickie!!! lol. to both Teri and Ry. Maybe the time in jail will make Dave "wake-up". Glad he helps her out with the baby.

My hubby bought me that puppy from Hallmark, that they show on tv, he is so cute..........

Big
Old 02-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #53  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just trying to get some things done....and trying to shove off to bed before it gets too late!

Vann~ I will continue to be persistent with them, and him. He really likes using his Thomas activity book. So, we will be getting him some more of those! He had a blast doing them with Tommy, and it really helped him to want to do it. He loved being in "school" mode and getting to learn some new things. So, I will continue on the path we are trucking.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:58 AM   #54  
I was born this way hey!

Sassy~Where do you live??

Okay ladies,I hope everyone has a good night I'm gonna finish watching Stand By Me before going to bed. Nighty nite!!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #55  

Height: 5'5"

Not much new here either...All the laundry id washed and folded, but I need to put it all away. I am going to hit the gym this afternoon, then hit the store for some things for dinner. Still trying to take it easy tho...so wiped from our painting marathon. Will check in later and do indy's.

Thank you to all for the kind words. I am feeling much better today.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like everybody has really been busy.

Ellen - Glad you got all your wash done. I'm always glad when that is done. Much different now it is just DH and me. I remember the days when my kids were home and I had to do at least one load, but usually 2 a day. Now I do 2 sometimes 2 a week. Depends on how long it takes to fill up the washer. When it is full, I wash.

Sassy - I hope you didn't get stuck at work.

Tammy - Sorry about your Mom You and your family are in my prayers.

Well, I got to go get my hair cut and highlighted today. So I am just passing through here today. Like Jane and Mindee, I am getting it cut short. I can't stand it when it grows down on the collar of my blouses or coats.

Jane, Francie, Jules, Marti, Sue, Cristina, Vann and everybody else I missed and have a great day!!!

to all,
Trish
Old 02-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #57  

Height: 5'1"

A quick good morning to you all!

Not a lot going on here.....Just getting ready for work.

I'd rather turn around and get back into bed!! Hope you all have a good day. I'm off to shower!

I'll try to check in later tonight.

ta-ta
Old 02-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #58  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JULES...good news about Teri! Sorry to hear about Dave though and I hope Ry made good tips!

SASSY...thank you sweetie!

FRANCIE...good to see you, was wondering where ya been!

Hi to everyone else

Nothing much going on today...being a little lazy and getting some computer time in.

I don't know what I do to deserve it but I have to say I have the best hubby in the world! He left my v-day gift on the counter this morning and made me cry. It wasn't the stuff in the bag except for the letter in the card. He had a guy at work put a song on a CD for me and told me to listen to the words because that is how he feels everyday, awww! Honestly, I don't deserve the man. He didn't think I knew the song because I don't listen to country music as often as I used to...it's the song Amazed by Lonestar I know, corny. We are going to Olive Garden for dinner...never go out on V-Day, too many people. Anyway...getting ready to get my exercise done.

Have a great day!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #59  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~your hubby is so sweet!!!! I dont listen to country music, but I love that song!!!

Well, nothing much going on with me right now. I'm just sitting here watching a movie, waiting to put in the next load of laundry.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #60  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Today has been a tough one. Neal is down in his back, and needed to go to the ER. We had an ice storm over night, and I couldn't get him there, so I called an ambulance. Long story short, the 1st 2 ambulances ran off the road. Finally, the 3rd one made it. He's home now, with meds. Poor guy!

One funny thing happened, though. I ran out of tea bags, and I just have to have my iced tea all year long. So, I tied a sock to Molly's collar, let her out, and Mary called her. For those that may not know it - DD Mary lives about 100 feet of pure ice away. Then, Mary placed about a dozen tea bags in the sock, re-tied it to Molly's collar, and the big sweetie brought them home to me! Good dog!!!!!!!

Cristina - I love that song! What a real sweetheart!

Neal needs help ... nurse Jane to the recue! Bbl......
Closed Thread