Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #76  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i hate january---i feel shack-whacky,cabin fever,lethargy,insomnia,crabbiness,---everything that is GROUCHY. I have no direct reason for it,just ALL of it together---i am soooooooooo tired of the dark nights and the cold days and the icy sidewalks----it feels like forever----i think january is the worst,but i hear that February is considered the worst----i wish i could go through peachers line at the quicky mart---i would tell her that i was sorry that she had to wait and offer her one of my chocolates that i had already opened.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #77  
Member w/ messiest house

Bagz, you would be the best grocery store customer. If I went through Peaches' line, I would jump up and down with a big toothy grin on my face and yell "PEACHY!!!!"

I will email you with phone options, Peaches.

The picture is probably just a symptom of my own January Grimness, but honestly, why don't I deserve better than this? Huh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20080123_003.JPG (45.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #78  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

OF COURSE YOU DESERVE BETTER!!! I FINALLY GOT A SARANTOP?? ANYWAY--NOOOOOOOO BURNERS---I LOVE IT,===I TOTALLY HATED CLEANING ALL THAT BURNER CRAP!!!! ---- i went out tonight to glass class but we didn't do glass---just bagged about the crappy winter====it does help to harangue about things with otherssssssssssssssssss
Old 01-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #79  
Member w/ messiest house

That's what I need to do -=-- find me a *****ing class. I've done the whole dog training class thing; but that isn't social at all, especially with Jet -- I have to spend the whole time holding on to her trying to keep her from going insane because there are OTHER! DOGS! TO PLAY WITH!

I need suggestions. I once took a quilting class. That was pretty much of a waste of time, but it was social. I think I still have that half-made pillow in a bag somewhere...

Our satellite TV is on the blink. I've been on the computer for about 12 hours I think.

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh

Last edited by Kiwonk; 01-24-2008 at 01:00 AM. Reason: how come I can't say *****? It is le bon mot, le mot parfait
Old 01-24-2008, 01:16 AM   #80  

Hey. It's me here in AZ. This will probably be my only post b/c my folks have dial up and it drives me crazy with the waiting and waiting. I feel bad that Bagzie and Kiwi are freeeezing up north. My chilluns are up north in freeeezing weather too. I'm trying to soak up enough sun to last me the rest of the winter. It's been sunny and perfectly perfect here. Upper 67-69ish. Today we went out to the army base and watched the parachuters put on a show, then stopped at a date grove and had a date shake. Very yummy. Then my sis and I went shopping and out to dinner. So far we've gone just over the border to Mexico, ate, shopped and I bought 2 pair of prescription glasses for only $190. Poly carb lenses and everything. Less than 1/2 the cost of one pair at home. Went to the farmers market and listened to music outside in the sun, ate street vendor food. Went to the movies and watched The Bucket List & out to dinner w/ my parents. Went to the huge outdoor market place and bought all kinds of bargains. Eygptian cotton 400 count queen sheets for only $22, shoes, jewelry, and we didn't even get half way thru the market. Saving all this money on bargains is costing me a bundle. My sis and I are going back to Mexico tomorrow so she can buy some glasses too. I've also had time to talk w/ my mom's cousin who lives here and she is a sweetheart who lost her husband when she was in her 50's too. She really understands how hard this is. I talked w/ my son and he said my doggies are having major separation anxiety w/o me. Poor puppies.

Bagzie, buy a magic eraser to clean your new cooktop. It's the greatest thing for cleaning it.

OK. I'll leave you to your haranguing about the cold weather. I'm so sorry to tell you how beautiful it is here, but I'll be back in the cold soon enough. I wish I could send you all a care package of sunshine and warmth.

All this running around and I still feel like something is squeezing my heart. I wish I could feel happy. Take care of yerselfs, cowsies.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:19 AM   #81  

Kiwi, start a wine tasting/book club. I'd join.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 AM   #82  
loves kleenex box art

Please take a philosophy class, Kierkegaard, and explain to me where we came from and what we're doing here.

I am up early doing chores for Ds. He is applying again for an RA job and needs references. They must be done on a form. The deadline for mailing is tomorrow. He has asked no one. I am printing them out and delivering to people I guess.

Wabby, while you were in Mexico did you pick me up some postcards? If I send you all $5 will you get some for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really need the d*mned things. I won the contest and need things to mail back to people other than the same beach scene.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #83  
Member w/ messiest house

Wabby, you are having quite the holiday! Hope you can get all your loot home! Enjoy the warm weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Please take a philosophy class, Kierkegaard, and explain to me where we came from and what we're doing here.
Okay, so a wine tasting philosophy book club, right? I'm pretty sure that the answer to all life's nagging questions can be answered right there.

gotta go. My new contact is ready to pick up. Lost one down the drain last week. Then I have to do the barfy old shopping. I mean, grace my local grocer with my smiling face.

Kiwi
Old 01-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #84  
Member w/ messiest house

I am back from my travels! I feel Lush-y -- I must make a list of all the things I've done:
  1. Loaded the returnables into the car
  2. Took the doggie with me
  3. Picked up my contact lens replacement
  4. Checked to see if the fish truck was there (sadly, no)
  5. Bought new tennis balls for Jet
  6. Took the bottles to the return place, got $$
  7. Went to the grocery store, spent too much time & money
  8. Ate a square of Ghirardelli mmm (would you believe that is spelled right?)
  9. Drove up the Golden Road and found a place to park off the road
  10. Followed Jet on my snowshoes for 20 minutes
  11. Went home and unloaded groceries
I'm going to broil some swordfish for dinner.

Shoot! I just noticed my Google search has reverted to Canadian google. Nothing against my good friends across the border, but this causes me no end of problems. I forget how to fix it.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 01-24-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Wrong pitchrr -- this is ezzackly whadit looks like
Old 01-25-2008, 02:04 AM   #85  
Member w/ messiest house

That's funny -- we have all been just doing what we're supposed to do! Beyotching and being miserable, right on schedule. I feel pretty good that I went snowshoeing today, as my nod to doing the right thing, even though it was only 20 minutes. Beheave it or not I am still doing Fitday, even though I kind of lost it for a few days going to Portland and visiting with the kids et al; I am back to it. So perhaps things will improve and spring will come again, eh?

Your step-dd quit school over a disagreement with her roommates?? Holy crap, must have been a doozie!

I am STILL on this flippin computer. Get me out of here - it's 2 am!

Kiwi
Old 01-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #86  
loves kleenex box art

testing ... where did my post go ?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #87  
loves kleenex box art

K. That was weird. What I said was that yesterday I learned that DS is pursuing a double major in Math and Spanish. I said it longer.

I have indoors all day watching foreign films. The Syrian Bride and The Diamond Arm (Russian comedy).

DS is on his way to Los Angeles right now. Called from the airport to tell me he'll miss class Monday, missed class today, won't be prepared for Wednesday, is sleep now, forgot his camera and is bored.

Tomatoes are $2 each here. Canadians say they're cheaper and taste better at home. Bagzie, how much you paying? No problem believing they taste better. These are tasteless.

So hard to believe Bagzie-boy is a teenager. Just the other day he wasn't allowed to cross the road alone. How nice to have the kids home. I want some.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #88  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

bagzie boy is still not allowed to cross the road alone---maybe next year when he is in highschool--oh right--that is this fall----get this----the highschool is ACROSS THE PARK FROM WHERE I WORK!!!! poor DS!!!hahahah!!!!i was talking to one of the kids in grade nine and she was complaining that her mother worked uptown and was policing her noon hour activities----i don't think boys care as much about such things---after seeing "JUNO" i can understand her concern!!!! has anyone seen it---it's kind of quirky like Little Miss Sunshine without all the serious swearing-----i liked it but it made me concerned for the lifestyles of the teens!!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #89  
loves kleenex box art

I am going to see Juno soon.

Here is my batch for the day. I mailed DS a box of towels and clothes in a nice sturdy vodka box. The box was brought back to me, today, with a label on it saying that boxes over 1 lb. can not have postage stamps on them unless they are passed across a counter in a post office. I mailed it at a satellite office and they put the stamps on themselves. The letter carrier said she thought the vodka box was not ok. So I called the local post office and they said to take it back to the satellite office, have them put a round stamp on it (it already had several) and mark out the vodka stuff. The satellite folks gave me duct tape and I covered everything.

Then I called the 800-ask-usps number and asked about it. I explained all the above and the astute woman with the federal paycheck surmised "there must be something wrong with the package." She had nothing else to offer.

The local guy said it's not a USPS problem but a Homeland Security problem. They won't allow whatever-it-is that's not being allowed.

DS called me several times last night to complain about being bored, hungry, where was the bus, etc. Today, I got a package from HIM with a book he thinks I'll like and a hefty check he made out to me. I'm so glad I hid my feelings about being woken from a sound sleep to hear his complaints last night.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #90  
Member w/ messiest house

DS sent you money? Cool. DD just calls to tell me more things she charged on my credit card. Last year I made her leave it at home, but it's quite useful for sending her to the grocery store or getting her to gas up the car when she's here, so she's got it with her again.

Bagz, how is it possible to keep a 13?14? year old from crossing the street by himself?

I went snowshoeing through the woods today. I want congratulations and pats on the back. I'm tarrrrd.

kiwiiiiiiii
Closed Thread