Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #61  
Janice

Hi Suzy - maybe our new moderators have some idea what is going on.
I am getting so many pop ups I have a hard time getting to our site too.
Have been working all weekend so am looking forward to a couple of days off.
Dee - We have had a lot of rain but today is a beautiful fall day.
Everyone in the fire area - stay safe.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Once you are in the thread, you can click on Thread Tools and then choose to subscribe (I subscribe to everything but with no email notification). Then when you sign onto 3FC you click on UserCP and you'll get a list of your subscribed threads that have had new comments since your last signon. It's very easy.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #63  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks Allison, I subscribed to the thread and will see if it makes it easier to get in.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #64  
GmaTo8

Well, darn. Since some of you have no problems getting the pages loaded, and others do, I don't know what can be wrong. If you still have trouble after coming in through the subscribed list, let me know. That should make loading much easier, though. I sure hope it does!

Because this site is free to everyone, the ads help pay the bills. Gotta have commercials, lol. There is an option, for a small fee, to go ad-free, if you don't have your own popup blocker. Go to your userCP, then scroll down and you'll see the link on the left. There's even a one week trial for just a dollar. Just a thought.

Last edited by Jane; 10-29-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:20 PM   #65  

Suzy I don't have any trouble loading up this site. I wish I could help you. I am glad that Travis is safe.

Allison breath easy.

Jane thanks for helping Suzy out. Hopefully it works.

Janice we had a decent day here. It was 14 and tomorrow is suppose to be about the same or a little higher. We have to enjoy the above normal temps while we can. We know what is heading our way.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:32 AM   #66  
Losing it...again!

Thanks Jane, but I don't think the ads are my problem. I'm still not sure what the problem is...maybe I'm just trying to post at a high traffic time? Anyway, I did as Allison suggested and also changed the thread option to show the last post first and that seems to have helped. Now to see if this post goes through on the first try...
Old 10-30-2007, 07:37 AM   #67  
Losing it...again!

Ha! That worked...maybe the problem is solved! Now I'll just have to get use to reading the threads backwards.

Dee, please tell me those temps are celsius and not fahrenheit!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #68  

Suzy.....lol yes they are celsius my dear. Right now since it is still cool in the morning it is 4 C or about 39 F. It should be in the 60's this afternoon.
I am glad that you were able to load up. Do you have trouble with any other sites on the internet? It sounds internal, but what do I know.....I can't even figure out how to posts on other sites.

So what is everyone up to today? I am just heading for my weigh in at WW's. I think I am up a pound or two but still under goal. I better smarten up. Every sept to nov I gain a bit a weight and usually lose again and maintain come Jan.
After weigh in I am going for a swim. This day is out of routine for me because I go downtown for weigh in and then swim at a different Y. It is much later than I leave home. I also will miss my aqua fit that I do before swimming and my walk.

Tomorrow morning we are getting 10 windows delivered. We are planning on replacing all our windows by next fall. These ones are for our sunroom and three for our piano windows. Our windows are original which means they are 80 years old. Not to efficient.
Allison we could have use your help with the windows......they are actually inserts so it won't be as hard as the large garden room window we installed last summer. At least I am hoping.

Well time to get ready. I don't eat or drink before I weigh in. Now that is just plan dumb, but I always do it because I don't want the scale to move up. Like it is fat weight, huh. Any of you weigh yourself in the morning after you pee? How about do you do that if you have a weigh in somewhere?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:09 PM   #69  
Losing it...again!

The only scales that I pay attention to are my own. I have started weighing myself every morning first thing to help keep me focused on what I am doing. I realize that weight changes day to day and even thoughout the day, but when I quit weighing myself and "maintaining" is when all the weight started to come back on, so I need to do that to keep on track.

I am proud of myself...I walked this morning! I haven't walked since Sadie died in March (also when the weight started coming back on), so I took my old "walking the dog" route and am going to try and make it routine again even though I don't have Sadie bringing me her leash and begging to go out.

Oh Dee, I am sure that you are going to notice a huge difference in your heating bill with the new windows! They will be a joy to clean too!
Old 11-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #70  

I am up 1/2 a pound since last month's weigh in. I can deal with that. I have things under control when I journal and that is what I am going to do.

EVERYONE THROW OUT THE LEFT OVER HALLOWEEN CANDY!

You don't need it.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:56 PM   #71  

We had two trick or treaters last night. Thankfully, I only bought a dozen full sized bars (and we gave away 4 to the the costumed ones and 4 to our Schwan's delivery man). DD will probably take the rest because she had to go to symphony rehearsal last night instead of doing Halloween festivities.

DH and I tried to figure out what's wrong with our fridge. Suddenly it doesn't cool like it should (5 years old). We think that last summer's power outage made water get in the interior coils as they were iced up. We got it defrosted last night, but it iced up again overnight. Tonight we may have to unplug it and do something extra to get rid of any water/ice. Thankfully it happened NOW rather than closer to Thanksgiving!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 AM   #72  
Losing it...again!

Time for a Floozie roll call...who is still checking in?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #73  

I'm still here!

It's been so busy here! I'm in the planning stages for Thanksgiving--having 6 out of town house guests and about 25 total for dinner. And what do I do? I signed my DH, kids and myself up for a Turkey Trot (5k race) that morning. I must be going crazy.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #74  
Janice

I'm still here too. I check it but if there is nothing new I don't post. We had a first snow this morning. Lots of accidents on the roads today. So here we go. Dee - any snow out there yet?
I sure miss the baby updates.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #75  
Janice

Still here by myself I guess.

Closed Thread