Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #61  
loves kleenex box art

Here's something I've just become aware of. There are these groups all over the US (don't know about Canada) where people give stuff away that they don't want. There's even one near Dogpatch. I found people asking for plants and baby clothes and other people giving away a desk and ... I don't remember but there was stuff.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #62  
loves kleenex box art

It is wrong that I should be the only person to post here. I have exercised today, drank a kefir smoothie, petted the cat and there is no one to talk about it to.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:05 PM   #63  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i just swatted the cat off the kitchen table,am eating a sunflower seed bread and crunchy peanut butter sandwich and i am going for a walk--there are two cruise ships and in the harbour so there will be a nice view. so there,cat ,walk,grain heavy snack!!!i am just like you.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #64  
loves kleenex box art

If I am like Bagz, then I will walk on clouds all day.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #65  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

that would be FOG,if you remember correctly!!!---how DARE kiwonk not notify us as soon as she arrived!!! she is looking for a cowpie to the pusser.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 AM   #66  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh Good God I spent a really long time writing a long annoying and involved post which promptly got eaten by the stupid internet. You are just lucky I don't have the energy to rewrite it.

Suffice to say we are not going to SC, we are stopping in NC, to visit my family, and I'm going to fly home from there. We have not arrived anywhere because this trip is not about arriving, we are helping some friends drive their RV to Florida, doing it the very leisurely way, stopping at campgrounds and friends and relative's houses. I will have internet access off and on. I am already tired.

Kiwi
Old 10-03-2007, 08:09 AM   #67  
fatter than U

I am here. Sorry about not posting. Still feeling blechhh and kind of depressed.

It's a holiday today - German Reunification Day. You know, celebrating the fall of the Berlin Wall and all that. Wheee.

Woke up with a HUMONGOUS headache that isn't going away. Must go lie down.

More later.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #68  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

sugarbuns!! that is terrible--i am so sorry you feel depressed----i imagine if you are feeling physically crappy,that will add to the down feelings----IS THE EFFIN DR NOT LOOKING AFTER YOU PROPERLY?????----or do you just need to have a break???? whatever it is ,you know you can come here and kvetch or snark,or bark or mooo or whatever is most appealing----THIS GETTING OLD IS QUITE VEXING!!!!---- on another note-,dd23's danish man is coming for a two week visit next week---dd has made him promise--- if they end up together {which they are both planning on at the moment}----to live in Canada---she thinks that no matter how much she loves him,she needs to live here---i am quite relieved to tell the truth----she said he is fine with it,as he was raised until around 10 years in England and even thought he speaks three languages,he "thinks" in English---kiwonk!!! thanks for dropping by-----are you flying from FLORIDA???? i don't quite get it,but i know we prefer you in the pine trees!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #69  
Member w/ messiest house

Yeah, I know, I don't quite get it either Actually when we stop in NC at my sister's, I will be "getting off the bus". I will spend a few more days with my family, then fly back home from there; DH will go on to Fla. with the RV. He'll be coming home later.

Sorry you feel so carpy, Sug, I wish we could hang out and commiserate together! Somehow, a good mutual whinefest is cleansing. Today talking with the woman we are visiting at the moment (they were closer friends with the couple we are travelling with than with us), I discovered that we share the same obscure exasperating allergy -- apples, pears etc. Crazy.

We had thai food tonight. It was yummy. I have been having way too much yummy food and drink. Spent the day in Plymouth -- we toured the Mayflower II, which was actually very interesting, wandered around the town, saw some historic sites etc., and the fabulous and exciting Plymouth Rock. Oy. It's a rock, cleverly disguised to look like a tourist attraction...

I am so glad to hear about your DD's plans for the future, Bagz! I know how relieved you must feel!

Tomorrow we are hoping to catch DD for a late breakfast and then we are off to a campground in western Connecticut. Will not be back online more than likely until Delaware, but you never know. Hoping all are having a lovely fall week. The weather here is primo, couldn't ask for nicer.

Kiwi
Old 10-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #70  
loves kleenex box art

when will we see pictures of Kiwi standing by Plymouth Rock?

people you want to kick: man and woman customer. He: 50s. She: older. I tell her bill is sixty-seven fifty-two. I see her writing check fifty-seven fifty-two so I tell her I'm sorry but she misunderstood. She tells man to write the check. He does, signs his name to it by habit, tears it up and snaps at her "Write your own check." I tell her she can see on the screen how much it is and he says "She can't see it. That's the problem." She writes a new check, slowly, and he says "77 years old and she acts like a two-year-old." He leaves her there writing the check.

I have a question about supermarkets. Ours caters to customers but I wonder how people act in other stores. Last night, a man had a gallon of milk in his order and I told him it was leaking. He said he'd better get another one. I told him he could pay for it then go get it. This was a big strong man and the milk is in the back of the store. So I ring it up, he pays and says, "Get somebody to go get it for me." There was no one around. I couldn't leave the register with people behind him. I had to get customer service to call someone from another part of the store to fetch the milk. Does this happen in less expensive areas?

I have decided to write a screenplay. Need encouragement.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #71  

Poor Sug--- Do you go lurk when you are unhappy, too? I hope that most of your absence has just been the whirl of happy Autumnal events... but many of us wrestle with the blue meanies.

Peaches, I have no idea what to tell you about the less than kind, and less than autonomous customers you have. There are days when I'd rather just phone in my order.

Kiwi.. good luck on the RV transport. CT sounds great. This week is a huge sheep and wool festival in New York, but you'll already be too far south of it.

Discouraged by WW weigh in this morning, even though it was a loss. How's that for odd. At home I can rationalize a "stay the same weight over the period of a week... but having to go out, in public, AND pay, and sacrifice even a single bite of sweet deliciousness just doesn't add up the way I'd like. It makes me want to drink. (And I thought that was a genetic issue that didn't have anything to do with me.) HA!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:32 PM   #72  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

kiwonkers your trip sounds wonderful--and esp the lovely weather!!! this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving so we are having dinner at sissy's with about FIFTY people invited---the university dolls will be descending upon us,the brother and wife from Ottawa, various and sundry relatives in the area and several friends---i am making pies tonight with Sissy----tomorrow evening i am going to a wedding---my EX husband's to be exact!!!he is marrying a lovely woman and the my/our girls are singing----it is at a new venue overlooking the St John River--should be lovely,the weather looks great----the next evening i am hosting a birthday bash for my mother who is turning 72,and dh's mother who is turning 80 this month!!!! holy crap--i think i will faint away after the weekend is finished-----the following weekend dd is bringing home her Danish Delight,and i am expecting visitors as well,the next weekend we have visitors from halifax ----------------i am tired thinking of all this---perhaps i should have a nap===but i can't as i have to fix up the bedrooms for the uni-guests--------------someone pray for me,or perhaps i will join painty and start drinking---------------ONE MORE THING----PEACHERS----that story about the mean man made me sad and mad-----imagine getting to the age of 77 and having someone treat you with such disrespect----that man must have been acting like that his whole life----i will join you in sending him a virtual kick in the arse-----and the other man----you should have let him leak that stinky milk all over his car!!ha!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:48 PM   #73  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
when will we see pictures of Kiwi standing by Plymouth Rock?
Try and stop me.
Quote:
... He does, signs his name to it by habit, tears it up and snaps at her "Write your own check."...he says "77 years old and she acts like a two-year-old."
Right -- who's the 2 yr old? What a jerk. That kind of thing always worries me -- much like if you saw someone treat their child like that, you would wonder what happens when they are not in public -- plenty of elderly people are abused by their children or caregivers.
Quote:
Ours caters to customers but I wonder how people act in other stores.
Stores in my area all cater to the customers too, but you rarely see anyone act like that. I've often had the cashier send someone to get something for me, but I would never ask them to do it. I think it's disgusting how some people think it's okay to order the world around like servants.
Quote:
I have decided to write a screenplay. Need encouragement.
Excellent! What a great idea! What's it about, are you that far yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving so we are having dinner at sissy's with about FIFTY people invited-
Good lord, Bagz, you're exhausting me with that list!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman View Post
This week is a huge sheep and wool festival in New York, but you'll already be too far south of it.
Cool! One year when I was driving south by myself, I went to a sheep herding competition in Maryland. That was interesting.

This morning we pulled the RV onto DD's campus and parked it by the music building and fixed breakfast for her! She is doing fine, very busy. She says she can't see how she'd have time to try out for any of the fall shows -- she had hoped to get involved in the musicals or theater. Too bad, I don't think she will be performing in anything I can come to see this semester. Oh how I miss that, eh Bagz?!!

Mostly today we drove. I took a nap. Never before in the history of transportation have I taken a really nice nap while riding down the road; it was rather heavenly (I went and laid down on the bed in the back of the RV). We got to a state park in Connecticut where we were supposed to be able to camp and it turned out to have been closed 2 days ago for the "season" -- Can you imagine? Closing for the season right at the height of fall colors and in the midst of beautiful weather? Not very impressive. So we ended up in a little campground that's okay, nothing great. At least the person running it is very nice and we have water and power. Tomorrow we will be in Delaware, and stay at an old friend's house who used to be my favorite drinking buddy. Uhoh.

Kiwi
Old 10-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #74  

Baggz: Your itinerary sounds exhausting to me... but lots of fun, too. I hope you are an expert at rounding up lots of help and then delegating chores. Then it might be doable. Isn't it lovely when you can tolerate your Ex and his current goings on? It only took me 15 years or so. (About as long as we were married, come to think of it....)

Warning: weight info:
An unexpected NSV from WW is that I had a divine piece of cake at my ladies' group last night with NO GUILT. I've been conscientious about writing down all my food, quantities, points, etc. etc. and I had "enough" to have a decent sized piece! No guilt meant no binge late at night when I got home, hence no reflux, etc. etc.

DH took the day off and took me out to brunch where I was happily back on the wagon: Modified BLT at IHOP and a bowl of fresh fruit... for which we weren't charged because the waitress seemed to think it was equivalent to french fries. Whoo hoo.

Just saying-- losing the guilt might be better than losing the weight!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #75  
loves kleenex box art

I have a moral question. A local prosecutor was caught in a sting operation when he was traveling somewhere to have sex with a 5-year-old. He told the cop/mom that he had done this plenty of times and knew how to go about it without hurting her. They have shown no evidence that he has done this before. He tried to hang himself in his cell, was put on suicide watch, taken off and now has successfully killed himself.

So .. was he a devil who deserved to be caught and prosecuted OR was he a person with creepy sexual tastes that he may never have acted on if the police had not gone out of their way to do this? It seems he never did anything to a child. Was the intention enough?

In other news, I'm on page 6 and have a new hobby of eating Twizzlers. You can buy them in huge bags and they have no flavor so you don't get tired of them.

You know how old toilets have a rusty chain in the tank that pulls up the stopper? Well, my new toilet has a plastic thing connecting the two parts and actually, I guess, it's part of the stopper. It broke. What should I do? I can't hire anyone to fix it so ..... tell me how to fix it.
Closed Thread