Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:44 PM   #16  
Member w/ messiest house

Holy carp, I've decided I'm not taking that stuff, no way. I've been reading up on the side effects, and it doesn't even seem to me that I'm a candidate for the medication in the first place. Bullhonkey. Why didn't they ask me about menopause? I'll bet that could have an effect. In any case, I don't need the increased risk of : joint problems, muscle pain, headaches, nausea, bloating, diarrhea, memory problems and depression. oh brother. And you're not supposed to drink alcohol while taking them.

Kiwi
Old 09-17-2007, 10:34 PM   #17  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

kiwonk----find out about that diet on dr oz's show----i am sure we can do this type of thing---we weren't vain enough to do it for our looks--maybe we can do it for health's sake!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #18  
loves kleenex box art

I am stunned to realize that when we met we were young and happy and full of humor. Now, we're all depressed and worrying about health. Crap.

Lcp went to the hospital for a migraine or something and her uncle saw this on a statement from the hospital and concluded that DS had battered her and she had to seek medical attention. He has forbidden ds from contacting her again and threatens to have him arrested if he does.

I don't know who Dr. Oz is but he sounds good. Does Oprah take his advice? Seems unlikely.

Speaking of celebrities, it is amazing how many people stop in the checkout line to discuss Brittany Spears like she is their cousin or something. People are memorized by seeing her career go down the drain and want a closer look. I really miss that rag with Bat Boy in it and the World's Fattest Cat. Men would talk about those stories. They may look at Brittany but they don't talk. They liked the ones about rednecks capturing Big Foot.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #19  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
-maybe we can do it for health's sake!!!
Yeah, I really have to. I surely do not want to start down that pharmaceutical slippery slope, which is how I see this Lipitor prescription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I am stunned to realize that when we met we were young and happy and full of humor. Now, we're all depressed and worrying about health. Crap.
I will admit to being more often happy back then, and one heck of a lot healthier, but I maintain that I still have a sense of humor. Of course I have been depressed since I was a teenager, so that doesn't really count. The crap part still holds true.
Quote:
Lcp went to the hospital for a migraine or something and her uncle saw this on a statement from the hospital and concluded that DS had battered her and she had to seek medical attention. He has forbidden ds from contacting her again and threatens to have him arrested if he does.
Good grief! What is wrong with that family? How can you inflict a migraine on someone? Are they still seeing each other?

DD is a-coming home this weekend. I hope the weather will be as good as it is now. It's prime Indian summer weather. Oh, I should go retrieve the apples that didn't blow down in the wind the other day. Maybe I could make apple jelly or butter or something.

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 09-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #20  
loves kleenex box art

I don't know if they're still seeing each other. Under the impression that maybe not for a while. Meanwhile, ds has been demonstrating against the tasering of a UF student at the Kerry rally yesterday.

I don't think it's assumed that ds inflicted a migraine. I think it is assumed he broke a bone or something. They were not in the same town at the time.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #21  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
it is assumed
There's the problem.

Why are students rallying for Kerry? Incredible that they would taser a student.

I watched Man of the Year with Robin Williams, last night. It was very good. Another movie I thought was pretty good was Prime, with Meryl Streep as a Jewish psychiatrist, and Uma Thurman. Very funny. A bit Woody Allen-esque. HBO is my new best friend.

I picked the apples off the old apple trees yesterday. Except for the crabapples which don't look ripe. I took a big bushel tub out. Came back with 2 apples. Go me. How sad is that?

Kiwi
Old 09-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #22  
loves kleenex box art

Did you see it on tv? DS said that when kids went to sit-in and protest, the door was locked to the admin building. So they went in the side door. Police stood in front of the door to the president's office and a lawyer came to give them advice. The lawyer said that police are being trained, more and more, that civilians should take orders from them as though they were in the military. There was a press conference and the it began to look redundant to DS so he left. I said, "A sit-in? Like in the 60s?" and he said, "No, not like the 60s. They have a web site."

I think the student acted perfectly fine for a university student at a university lecture. They're supposed to be excited about the world and he was.

Two apples? Will you make a tart?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #23  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

kiwi IS a tart.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #24  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

a grade nine student at a highschool in nova scotia was harassed by bullies for wearing a pink shirt to school on the first day---two grade twelve boys decided to do something about it---they went out and bought 75 pink shirts---passed them around to friends and showed support for the bullied boy-----the story was featured around the maritimes and now it's spreading furthur---sweet boys!! here is a link if you want to read about it--http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/859436.html
Old 09-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #25  
loves kleenex box art

That's a wonderful story !!! Peaceful resistance like Ghandi. How much did they spend on those shirts? Very sweet of them.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #26  
Member w/ messiest house

Ha, I love that. Kids do some cool things when they are defending one of their classmates. A couple years ago DD had her own little election protest going when there was a proposal on the ballot to discriminate against gays. The groups behind the ballot item were religious based, so DD made signs (out of pizza boxes and sticks ) and planted them around town. They said "Love Thy Gay Neighbor".

And who you calling a tart, Miss Blueberry Lips?

kiwi
Old 09-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #27  
loves kleenex box art

This is a true story. It happened in Pecos New Mexico , and even
though it sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it's absolutely true:

This guy was on the side of the road hitch hiking on a very dark and
stormy night. The night was cold and wet and no cars went by.

The storm was so strong, he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him.
Suddenly, he saw a car coming towards him and stopped. The guy, without
thinking about it, got in the car, closed the door, and only then
realized that there was nobody behind the wheel !

The car starts going again, very slowly. The guy looks at the road and
sees a curve coming his way. Scared, he starts to pray and begs for his life.
Just before the car hits the curve, a hand appears through the window
and turns the wheel.

The guy, paralyzed in terror, watched how the hand appeared each time
the car approached a curve. Gathering his strength, he gets out of the
car and runs all the way to the nearest town.

Wet and in shock, he goes into a cantina, asks for two shots of tequila
and starts telling everybody about the horrible experience he just went
through.
A silence enveloped everyone when they realized the guy was crying
hysterically and wasn't drunk.

About a half hour later, two other guys walk into the same cantina and
one said to the other, "Mira, Pedro. That's the Pendejo that got in the
car while we were pushing it!"
Old 09-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #28  
Member w/ messiest house

Woowee, that's a ride to write home about!
yuhhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyyhuhu yhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyjhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyh juyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhju yhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyh juyhjuyhjuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuy huyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhyhyhyhy

My cat wrote that. I'm not sure what she was getting at exactly, but I think she was happy that I'd given Jet a rawhide to chew on, and DH has cleaned his desk, giving her more space to wander. So I'm assuming it is Cat for

I have to figure out my trip south in the (friends') RV. How long should I stay gone, how should I get back and when? I wish someone else would plan my life for me for a while; I don't like the responsibility...

I just got my results in the mail from the doctor's office about my cholesterol, and it doesn't say anything about going on Lipitor; it says I should call the office to make an appt. with a dietitian. That at least sounds sensible; I can't believe they just prescribed a drug like that without even a consultation. I'm not impressed. I don't like feeling like my doctor is just going with a rule of thumb when making decisions about my care. Stomachache? Have an ultrasound and get your gall bladder out!
High cholesterol? Take drugs!
Fortunate that I have my own brain, I guess.

What's Wabby up to? Hope things are improving for her.

Later gators

kiwi
Old 09-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #29  
loves kleenex box art

I have to say this to someone because I'm kind of excited. I have been so depressed that I've been afraid to tell anyone less I get baker-acted. There's this minister that I've been to talk to maybe twice before over many many years. He's a counselor and very smart and caring and I never pay him. I've gone when things were really bad and he always seems to say ONE THING that helps. So I went the other day and he told me that depression is when things in us all slow down. We need to speed it up and that means exercise. So this morning, I walked for 30 minutes then did some exercises with a DVD and started feeling better. This job will not pay the bills but I didn't worry about it for while. The mail came and there was a check from the company I used to work .. refund of insurance premiums they didn't let me use.

The other day, I applied for a wonderful teaching job and got email today saying it was filled. I gave up. I need money but I gave up on teaching. So I come home and there a message to call the secretary at that school. The job was filled so maybe she wants to ask if I picked up her keys or something.

There's also a call from the mental illness/drug addiction center about a job I applied for there.

Kind of good news. I mean it's better than a kick in the kneecap,. Maybe.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:12 PM   #30  
Member w/ messiest house

Yay Peachie!

Keeping my for more good stuff!

DD is home, but I haven't seen her yet. Home as in over at the BF's house. Heaven knows when she will wend her way here. However we know at least by dinnertime because I invited the whole BFfamily for a bbq. Clever, aren't I? We are having chicken on a stick and grilled tuna. I have to marinate the chicken nowish. Later, kids

Kiwi
Closed Thread