Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 PM   #31  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

At the rate you are going Gayle you will be at your goal before I reach mine!

Let's try a "starter challenge" that everyone can get in on...how about the first one to lose 5 pounds wins? Of course everyone will win and the only prize is that there will be 5 pounds less of the winner, but it could still be a good motivator! We can weigh in tomorrow morning to start. Who's in?

Dee ~ My dad is holding his own and I hesitate to say it, but it almost seems as if he is doing better. I'll be spending the day with him tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #32  
Losing it!

I'm in!!!! Unless my weight changes overnight, I will be starting at 160. I have been on a 6 day stall and watching every little bite that goes into my mouth. I hope the whoosh Fairy visits soon.

Treasure your time spent with your dad Suzy. Is he responsive? How is your mom doing? You said she worked, what kind of work does she do? It's probably good for her to get away from the home and think of other things.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:43 AM   #33  

Dee-I am sorry to hear about Dez's bike. I am afraid to leave mine anywhere, because there is no way at this point I would be able to replace it. Mine is parked in my house. No, Mike does not have a job. We are struggling terribly. He puts out resumes everyday online. The last one that was promising, the guy decided to keep the person he had (it was a jewelry repair position.) I can't believe everything that he can do, but can't find anything. Of course, there is so much he can't do because of his back. We are going to Tampa tomorrow to help Becky move out of her dorm. She will be staying for 2 weeks at my bro's house, then moving into an off campus apartment with 3 other roommates. Mike will have to go up at that time to help her because school will just be starting here when she moves in.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #34  
Losing it...again!

Gayle ~ Yes, my dad is responsive and quite lucid most of the time. The worst thing is that he is so weak that he can't do anything for himself. He is in bed most of the time and can only sit up for 5 or 10 minutes at a time.

Ok, the Loozing Floozies Take 5 Pounds Off First Challenge begins today! Anyone can join in at any time so jump in and join Gayle and me. Maintainers are welcome to join in and cheer us on!

My starting weight is 158.2
Old 08-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #35  

Suzy I knew you could call in the Troops and get them going. It is great to see you motivated.
It must be so hard for your Dad to be so weak, not only your Dad but your whole family. My prayers are sent out to him and your family. How long have your parents been married?

Shelley have you adjusted to Becky living away from home? How does she like it? It seems like it was just a few months ago that she moved out. Are her new room mates friends?
Is there a high unemployment rate in Florida? Some parts of Canada are crying out for help, they are even offering a $5000 sign up fee or a free trip.
I know that you must be struggling on your salary. I hope that he gets a job soon. It must be so depressing for both of you.

Gayle I haven't owned a chiffon a dress. Are you thinking of a gown or something shorter? Ashley's mom wore a eggplant gown. It was beautiful. It had only one shoulder and was very slimming. She is heavier in the butt and stomach area but it looked fantastic on her. I will see if I can get someone to help me post a pic. yeah I know I am pathetic I still don't know how to do it myself.
Andy sounds like a nice guy. I am happy for Liz and your family.
How is the business going? Are you making as much as at the Liquor store?

Janice where did you go? Did your pool swallow you up? We sure have had a wonderful summer.

Time to get on the road, I am going off to the store to pick up a few things for the dinner party.

Have a good one!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I would like to join you, Suzy and Gayle, tomorrow. I am home from vacation and need to get myself back on track. I will weigh myself in the AM and readjust my ticker.

Had a great time on vacation, ate way to much! Enjoyed every minute. Went to Maine for the day, played in the ocean and wandered around Kennebunkport. Also went to Boston another day, walked the Freedom Trail and learned a ton of history. We did the trail on our own and got the really explore it. Was a great day. We were spending most of our time in Salem, and wandered there this AM before we heading home. Wandered in Salem just about every day. Really enjoyed this vacation.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:43 PM   #37  
Losing it...again!

OooRah Dee, we are going to lose this weight one way or another! I'm glad you are going to join in Debbi!

My mom and dad have been married for 31 years (my mom's second marriage...my dad adopted my sister and me and we adopted him too ).
Old 08-10-2007, 12:09 AM   #38  
Losing it!

Eggplant is the shade I'm looking for Dee. Probably something knee length. I'm trying to decide on the style, it will be Winter here and we will probably have snow on the ground. I'm doing really well at the beauty shop. I have my weekly regulars which fill up two full days doing shampoo's & sets and then I fill in other days with perms, colors, manicures etc. I'm thinking I will offer a day before too long of just manicures, no hair. I can sit on my butt most of the day and draw a wage. The shop is doing well financially... so far I am purchasing inventory and paying a minium amount of a wage to myself. Each month I'm withholding an estimated amount for taxes. Now I need to go see the tax guy to see if I'm on the right track. Basically, I'm just paying myself what I was making at the liquor store until I know where I stand. PLUS I get to be my own boss!!! Well.... except for the 40+ elderly residents scooting around and lining this young whipper snapper out! LOL! They have no where to go, but by darn, they have to get their hair done NOW! LOL!

I'm in on the challenge! Holding at 160!

Deb, the trip sounded educational & fun! Glad to hear you had a great time, you deserve it! Happy your joining us on the challenge too!

Get a job prayers sent to Mike, Shelley. I know how hard we struggle here financially, so I can feel for you with only one income. Are you still trying to hold down the two positions? Don't stress too much, hopefully something will come around soon. Too bad Mike isn't here, we would of hired him to shingle the roof. We bit the big one and hired someone tonight to the fine tune of $4000.000...there goes my cruise...plus trying to save for a wedding... did I tell you, there goes my cruise... LOL!

Well, I need to go! I'll check in later!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:55 AM   #39  

Gayle-Wow, sorry about your roof. It seems you have had to replace so much in the house the last couple of years. Yes, I will be holding down the 2 positions. With the beginning of the year starting, it will be quite hectic for me. At this point, I don't care. We need $$$ badly. Anybody want to buy a 1975 Harley? We are trying to sell it (it was willed to Mike from his brother that passed away a few years ago.) He is so sad to have to sell it, but we need to. It's a gorgeous bike. If you know any bikers, please pass it on. I have pictures I can send anyone. He is asking $10,000.00 OBO.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #40  

Do I need to create a sticky for y'all's challenge?

If so, any special guidelines, etc. I need to post?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #41  

Debbi aren't vacations great? It sounds like you enjoyed your trip. I am glad that you took on the challenge of losing five pounds.

Shelley can I come out for a test drive? Man to feel that rumble between the legs! At least that is what I heard!

Suzy that is nice that your Dad adopted you and your sister. He sounds like a nice man. Challenge on my girl!

Gayle I am glad that you are doing well with the business. It is nice to know that you are your own boss and I am sure those little ladies keep you in line!
When is the wedding again? Eggplant is such a beautiful color, it is so rich.
When you own a home it is one thing after another. This fall we are going to redo our tiny little bathroom. No kidding when you sit on the biffy my knees touch the tub and I am only 5 feet. In old homes they never left room for luxury. It is our main bathroom so there isn't much to do but a tub surround replace the walls, sink, floor, and reglaze the tub. We are going to put in a bowl sink and use cherry colored wood.

Cheryl how are you feeling these days? I hope the morning sickness has left you.

Geez I am not getting anything done for the dinner party. I better run.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:06 PM   #42  

I have to change my ticker and I am embarrassed. I know some of it is vacation, but I am upset, so I am more than ready for the challenge!

Shelley, hoping Mike finds something soon.

Gayle, those old ladies really keep you in line don't they? They sound like so much fun!

Dee, good luck with the remodel! I am so glad we are done with ours. Do have one more room but it is waiting for a bit. It is the spare bedroom, so not real important to us to get it done immediately. Can let the bank account refill some first!

Cheryl, hope every thing is going well.

Where is everyone else? How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #43  
Losing it!

The boyfriend of Elizabeth's Matron of Honor was killed this morning in an auto accident. We still don't know the details. Please say a quick prayer for him and his family.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #44  

How horrible! I will keep them in my prayers as well as you and Elizabeth!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #45  
Losing it...again!

That's awful Gayle! They are all in my prayers...God be with them!
Closed Thread