Old 08-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #46  
KAR

Pita congrats on your loss! Keep up the good work. So what kind of workout shoes did you buy?
I have been busy trying to get those last minute things done before school starts in two weeks. I am sort of looking forward to going back to school and then I am not to. Oh well, maybe once I get a set routine again I will start losing again on a regular basis.
Colleen enjoy your visits with inlaws and your parents. I know that you will do fine and get that 10 pound charm very soon.
Well off to take a nap. I had to get up early today and take my nephew school clothes shopping. Now I am worn out.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:44 PM   #47  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

That's funny! You are waiting two weeks to start school and I'm waiting for two weeks to be out of school. I'll have a three week vacation before my fall quarter begins. Just two more to go and I'm out of there!!

I bought some cute pink and white Nikes. They feel good but I'll have to test them out on Monday at Curves. I have the most temperamental feet.

Well, I'm off to Starbucks with my Sweetie and two of our best gal pals. It's a ritual sort of thing. I'll be good. NO lattes for this chickie!

Last edited by Pita09; 08-18-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:18 PM   #48  
KAR

Hi Pita,
That is funny about school. I know once I go back to school I will be on a set schedule and can lose the weight better than being free to graze at home.
Glad you found a cute pair of Nikes. I have to wait until after school starts for me to go buy some school clothes and some dress shoes. I can only wear Clark shoes. They are expensive. So I have to wait until my first paycheck in the new school year with my pay raise on it and if the shoes are on sale.
Enjoy your evening at Starbucks. My TOM of started tonight so I am hoping that by Tuesday I don't have a huge gain. A loss would be nice. So I have to watch what I eat and drink from now and until then. I have been doing good so far this week.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 08-18-2007, 07:50 AM   #49  
Live with Intention

Bad kids! They should tough up and go barefoot!
Old 08-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #50  
KAR

Shy Moment,
I love your sense of humor! You are so true about kids today and wanting everything. My three stepkids think that because they want it they should be able to get it. They are learning real quick that they have to work for it or they aren't going to get it.
I bet it is very diffcult trying to find shoes that don't look too kiddish.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Kerry
Old 08-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #51  
Live with Intention

^^^^^^^^Shy Moment, you are such a riot. I love those cartoon of yours too!

Kerry, my 15 year old daughter and I have the argument over "life is not fair" all the time. She is a very spoiled girl, who gets more than your average teenager, yet lives in a state of emotional angst. She likes to complain that my boyfriend buys me more stuff than her. I just smile and say, "Honey, get your own sugar daddy."
Old 08-19-2007, 11:48 PM   #52  
KAR

I can relate about your daughter. Because my stepdaughter got mad the first summer I was dating her daddy and we went to a county fair. He played a game and won me a stuffed dalamation with a fire cheif's hat on it. She pouted until he won her a stuffed animal.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:16 PM   #53  
KAR

Shy Moment you are so true about how tough they have it today. I went two years before buying me a pair of new tennis shoes this past July. My stepkids were like wow what kind of shoes are you buying of us. Needless to say it was dad and Kerry that walked out of the Shoe Dept. that day with shoes and not the kids.
Went to TOPS this evening and lost another pound. I was pleased since I had a family reunion on Sunday and had pizza at work today for lunch. So I will gladly take my pound loss.
Hope you are all having a great week! Heres to you all having a great weigh-in at your TOPS meetings this week!
Off to unwind a little bit before bed. Chat with you all later.
Kerry
Old 08-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #54  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone is having a great week! It sure has been hot and humid here in SE Ohio. Can't wait for the fall weather to make an apperance and cool things off.
I have gotten into my spanky brand new school building and have unpacked all my classroom materials. Now I have to go tomorrow for an inservice on the technology that will be at our school. So many advancements since I started teaching 10 years ago. Went from chalkboards, to dry erase and now something called a smart board. Then one day next week, my aide and I are going to figure out our bulletin boards and get my lesson plans ready for the first week of school.
My eating has been good this week. Been getting in a lot of water too. The only thing I haven't been able to add in yet is exercise since it has been so hot! Hope to do that soon though.
Hope you are all having a great week! Hope you have some losses to share with me soon!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 08-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #55  
Live with Intention

Kerry, good luck with school. What grade do you teach again? I'm sure you told us, but I have a memory like Swiss cheese.

I went to my meeting tonight and because of TOM visiting me, I managed to turtle. That is OK, because I was up 3 lbs yesterday, but today I exercised like crazy, took a water pill, and watched what I ate really closely. I know I'll have a loss next week.

Have a great night!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #56  
KAR

Congrats on the turtle with your TOM! I know that you will have a loss next week.
I teach 6th through 8th grade multihandicapped students. This year should be different since we are actually in the building and not a portable. We have a bathroom with a changing table, shower, sink and toliet. Then we also will have a little kitchenette with stove, microwave, fridge and sink. Plus I will have a washer and dryer to teach my kids laundry skills. So I am really looking forward to the new school year.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:17 AM   #57  
KAR

No news here to report. I didn't go to my TOPS meeting last night, since my sister was in town for a visit and had tickets to an outdoor drama. So I went with her to that. Hope you are all having a great week!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #58  
Live with Intention

Hey everyone! I totally forgot to come and report in. I went to meeting on Thursday and only lost a 1/4 of a pound. I'm REALLY frustrated by it because my calories have been kept under 1600, I have drank my water and then some, and even upped my workouts to 45 minutes. I was really hoping to get below 230 this week. But NO!

I'm not giving up that is for sure and plan to tweak a few things this week to see what I can do to get the scale to move on down!

Have a great week!
Old 09-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #59  

Default Hi-I'm excited to find this thread so active

Hello,

I am a TOPS member--for about 4 years now. I LOVE TOPS and when I work the program I do very well with my weight loss, I had lost 55 lbs. Then in the next two years, I gained it back. Why? I didn't make me a priority with my eating program and exercise and slowly I inched back up the scale.

I also had a lot of life changes in those two years and I used them as a crutch. I'm ready to not do that anymore and I'm looking for added support; this time I am going to reach my goal weight!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you gals and encourged you and being encourged.

I just called my exericse pal and we are going to meet at 1:00 for a walk. I got up yesterday and went for one too. I have two goals today. No, surgery sweets between meals today and to get that walk in.

I'm looking forward to reading and answering everyones posts.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #60  
Live with Intention

Welcome to our TOPS group, Suzie! I'm so happy to have you here and look forward to getting to know you.

I so understand the need to make yourself the priority. Otherwise the weight that we so want off isn't going to happen. I once lost 45 lbs going to TOPS and then stopped and let life get in my way. NOT this time!!

I really believe that having a good support system and accountability are vital to our success.