Old 08-02-2007, 08:15 PM   #31  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Michelle, glad to have you here!! My chapter charges only $4.00 a month for the dues. I know that the first meeting is free. The main reason to hurry and pay for your membership is so that your weight loss can start being officially counted. I hope you find a club that is doing well and will give you good support.

Well, I went to my meeting tonight. I didn't really lose since I only lost the 1 1/2 lbs that I gained last week from TOM. So frustrating, but what can I do. I have to keep plugging along doing my best and wait for this weight to get the heck off me!!

The members were very excited about the new challenge with the flower. I hope it motivates us all to do our best. Lord knows this little group of mine can use all the motivation it can get.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #32  
KAR

Hey Pita atleast you lost something this week! Glad your club liked your flower idea. My club has to come up with a contest for this fall. So that is what i might be working on for the next couple of days.
Hi to Michelle and Phantastica! Hope you are having a great day!
I have to go and run some errands. Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #33  
Live with Intention

Kerry, have you seen this site? It has lots of good ideas.
http://www.tops123.com/StdTOPS/ideas.html

I took the kid school shopping, and believe it or not, we had a wonderful day together. She is well under budget and loves everything she got. I do love a miracle!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #34  
KAR

Hi Gals,
Hope you are having a great weekend! I was able to sleep in a little bit this morning. It sure did feel good.
Pita, I have checked out that website before. I will have to do that again. Thanks for reminding me of it. I have found some great ideas there in the past. Glad you enjoyed school shopping with your dd. I am going to have to do that for myself here in a few weeks. I find that each year I put it off more and more until the last minute. I guess it is because I don't want to go back to school. LOL
Well I went to that wedding reception with my dh last night. It was nice, but all you did was sit around and chat with people. Plus it was so hot in there. After having a small piece of cake, we left just two hours into the reception.
Well I better think about moving this fat butt and doing some kind of excerise. Chat with you all later.
Have a great weekend!
Kerry
Old 08-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #35  
KAR

Pita I got three ideas from that website that I am going to bring up on Tuesday night at my meeting.
I did get my WATP's 2 mile tape done. Now I am working on writing info. on my Avon books.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:17 PM   #36  
Live with Intention

Kerry, I'm thinking of you and hoping your weigh-in went the way you wanted it to go. I assume that you want it to go down, right?

I'm struggling this week and up about 3 lbs right now. I'm ovulating which I really believes makes me gain. Plus, I wasn't very good this last weekend. I had no water and no exercise and went to a party where I had one to many jalapeno roll-ups!! I have done great the last two days and today have drank about a gallon and half of water. Yes, I will be up all night long heading to the bathroom and stepping on the scales while I'm in there.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:39 PM   #37  
KAR

Pita,
I gained 4 3/4 pounds. I know that it is from not getting enough water and not excerising. We have had really hot weather here the last week or so. So hot that I wore a sore on my thigh from my shorts. It really hurt so I didn't exercise for fear I would make it worse. Plus the heat doesn't help much when the heat index is 103 and we have no a/c.
Hope your weigh in goes well.
Well I better go and find some light clothes to wear to bed. Still 90 out there at this time. YUCK!
Kerry
Old 08-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #38  
Live with Intention

Good morning

Kerry, I agree that the heat and no water has to be the cause of our weight gains. I know my eating has been perfect and there is no reason for me not to be losing.

My weight recorder called last night and the meeting has been cancelled for this week because of the heat. We meet in a room in a church and it does have air but isn't on until we get there and turn it on. Take almost the full hour for the place to start to feel cool. The area where the scales are is not air conditioned at all and our weight recorder has been ill this week. I'll relieved for the obvious reasons, plus I didn't want to have to sit in that stifling room either. I'll get the weight off this week and be good to go!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #39  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,

Hubby and I went to TOPS on Monday for the first time in our area (I had been a TOPS member in teh 90's. Lost a lot of weight, moved and my work hours conflicted with all of the meetings). Since hubby and I are both on disability scheduling isn't a problem anymore.

We'll be joining officially this coming Monday. Our monthly dues are $3 month each, and $36 for annual fees ($24 plus 1/2 off for a spouse). I think other family members in the same house, or at least teen children, also get the family discount. We figured that the 1st month at WW would cost more than an entire year of TOPS, and I love the contests and prizes.

My new rheumatologist is recommending WLS, though. I remember when I was a member in the past, you weren't eligible for national recognition or awards if you used medical intervention to lose weight (medications or surgery), but does anyone know if there's a policy against TOPS membership if you've had surgery? I guess I will ask the leader at our next meeting.

Even if I do decide on surgery it will takes months, possibly even a year or more to get approval, so I'm not too concerned at this point, was just wondering.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:03 PM   #40  
hara hachi bu

Colleen, I think they have a separate division for members who have had WLS.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:42 PM   #41  

Oh that would be neat. I know I'm getting ahead of myself. If I can do it without surgery, bonus! But, I've got so many obesity related health problems, I have to consider every option at this point.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #42  
Live with Intention

Colleen, that is so great that you and your hubby joined TOPS together. I know it sure helps me to have my Sweetie supporting me and sticking to the same plan that I'm doing. He is actually much more fit and healthy so I use him as a role model. Plus, he loves when I experiment in the kitchen with healthy recipes.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #43  
KAR

Hi Everyone,
Welcome Colleen! That is great that your hubby is going to TOPS with you. My dh is a skinny minny and has just finally started to be supportive after 5 years of being a negative butt head. But I think a lot of it has to do with his 11 year-old daughter being 190 pounds, too. I have tried to get her to go with me to TOPS but she said that her mom won't agree about it. Her mom is very heavy and doesn't think any of them have a weigh issue. How was your meeting last night?
Pita and Phatansitca how are you doing?
I went to TOPS this evening and lost 1 1/2 pounds. So I was happy with my loss. Now if I could just get myself back to excerising I would be a happy camper.
I have to make a sample of a contest I brought up to the group tonight. It is called Turn over a New Leaf. It is a tree with six leaves on it. One the one side of the leaf (green) is a bad habit and on the colorful side is a good habit. Once the person turns over all the leaves first is the winner. So I am hoping that they like it once they see it done.
Well I hope you are all doing fine and having a great week. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 08-15-2007, 01:33 AM   #44  

The meeting went great. Hubby set up a visit with his mother for Monday without really talking to me about it first, and then the following two Mondays we'll be in Illinois on vacation to see my parents. I got a bit miffed at him, and he said that I told him it was ok (yeah, I can just imagine when he asked, since his Mom usually calls him early in the morning, usually before I'm awake). We're going to call tomorrow and reschedule with her if we can.

I'm psyched though, and really looking forward to that first 10 lbs charm.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #45  
Live with Intention

Good morning TOPS buddies!

Kerry, way to go on the loss!!

Well, I went to my meeting last night and I'm very pleased to announce that I lost 3 3/4 pounds. Finally I got to move my ticker down!!

I'm off to get my nails done and to buy a new pair of workout shoes.

Have a great day!!