Old 06-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #91  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

HOLY SHATZI-OLLA!!! DOES THIS MEAN YOU COULD MOVE TO BOSTON??? THAT IS SO CLOSE TO YOUR BELOVED NEW JOISEE!!!=====AND VERY CLOSE TO KIWONK AND I====WABBY HAS INQUIRED ABOUT A COW CONFERENCE!!!! if you move to Beantown--kiwonkers and i could drive down----AND OF COURSE PEACHBAT COULD TAKE A CAB UP---HMMMMMMMMMMMMM THIS COULD WORK---I SAY--TAKE THE JOB!!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 PM   #92  

Sigh,,,,No Bagzarilla, it'll mean that I will have to work in boston 4 days... and fly home for the weekend for maybe a month or so... and I think I may have to go out to Ireland for a bit... and out to see the client... so lots of traveling the first few months and then I can settle in to work at home. DH wants me to take this job... I on the other hand do not want to leave him for overnights... ... All the other jobs I'm interviewing for will result in the same thing... I wish that the I had some luck with a local job... but taint happenin..
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #93  
Member w/ messiest house

Sounds like a real marathon of an interview, Schatzi. Glad to hear you are being courted like that, though! It sounds like an interesting job -- travel and working from home, ultimately a pretty good situation, as long as you're comfortable that DH will be okay. Do you have some sneaky friends there that might be willing to tag-team him to be sure he is okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
That couch is GAWJIS!!! I love the colors, how vibrant How Haremish!!!! Yes yes Haggybaggyone is correct! Arabian nightish!!! DD can add master upholstering to her list of accomplishments...
I think she will have to be content with assistant to upholsterer, quite frankly. She told bf what she wanted and then they did it "together" i.e. he wielded the stapler and the sewing machine. Between the two of them, there may well be nothing they can't do.

We had a lovely trout dinner last night. DH has been fishing streams not too far from here, with his dad, with DD, by himself. He's brought home the limit 3 times so far. Yummy

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #94  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhh i remember when dad used to bring home a 'mess of trout'---he would clean them in the basement and then mom would coat them in flour and we would fry them up!!!ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am jealous!!!!!every year dad and my brother would be so happy when it was time to get a fishing license!!!okay---kiwi===you are in charge of planning our trip to Boston this autumn---i will meet you in bangor or calais and we will drive down to meet wabby and peaches and shatzi and whoever else can make it----where shall we stay and what shall we eat?????
Old 06-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #95  

its a Feast or Famine situation !! I went about 6 months without a real nibble for a job, and boy did I feel low and humble.... to an All out Bidding WAR for *me*.. I told these companies I would make a decision next Friday and the pressure is mounting! "What will it take""" "What will tip the scales in our favor" " When can we start processing you through the HR process?" " Whens the soonest we can .... "??? "oh meeting that dollar isnt a problem!" MY GAWD I aint never been courted like this not even by my husband! Speaking of which he is prouder than a peacock about this..whilst I dither and fret!! So many pros and cons to go through... and while I try that Spockish rationale approach --I know me -its going to come down to what "project" is intellectually challenging and excite me ..instead of "Been there -done that- safe and steady " Right now .. It looks like Boston instead of CA, TX or IL... (at this point ) and heck its closer to you NE cows... I know we are dreaming, but a visit to the MOOSE LODGE ...with Frozen MARGIES and SNOW SHOES!!! : ... why that sounds awesome! ...Okay, Plus, a 2 hour flight to/from Boston vs 4 and 5 and 6 in the other areas is a plus too.

Kiwi...you SCHMACHT! but ... no, except for our flaky Landlord, who got back together with the mother of his child (dont ask, its long and stoopid, and the whole thing just disgusts me... ) and has been away more than here... but when he is, I will definitely ask him to check on my "prize" ...good thinnin babalooie... My MIL is just FRANTIC about the whole thing... I told her I'm between a rock and a hard place... I cant take a no benefit, stressfree, 30,000 a year job.. I have to think in terms if DH cant work, and can I support us and more importantly have benefits for health care and disability... she gets it -- but she is of course concerned... but DH is adamant our future is here, and not in NJ (sigh..how sad) ok, I've babbled enough...

Last edited by Schatzi; 06-15-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #96  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, that's cool that they are pressing you to work for them-how flattering! I wonder what changed from the period of time you couldn't get a nibble? Market forces? Hanging around with us made you cuter? Why is your DH so determined to live in NC? Not that I think it's a bad thing, just curious.

Speaking of NC, I'm trying to determine how to do my annual tripandfall to the beach. It's so derned expensive to drive, especially with my gas guzzler. I thought I had a line on flights that were going to be cheaper than driving even for 3 of us (always take M, dd's friend) (never take DH because he's a poophead), but it turned out no cheap flights on the days I needed. Now looking at trains and/or car rental. Actually I think the cheapest way to go will end up being driving without stopping, which will probably kill me, with my hip nasties and all. This would be a lot easier if DH would just go and get himself a nice paying job so I wouldn't worry about the $$ so much, don't you think? Trout fishing doesn't pay like it used to....

I went to the local dance studio recital last night; it was excellent as usual. DD had to work and won't get to see it. It's so strange (and a little teary) to go to these things and not to see DD and her friends in them. boo hoo.

Fall sounds lovely for a weekend in Boston. Or at the moose shack. I might be going to see Wicked there in the fall. And I might possibly be there to visit my datter as well. The place I stay usually is not on the subway, but is cheap $80-90. Once when I went to Boston with 3 other women to see a show, we stayed on the waterfront for not too much (4 to a room- yippee - who wants to listen to me snore?). One time a whole crew of us went to an art opening and got an apartment in Brighton for the weekend that was interesting... Kind of a hostel.

I'm just ruminating. But I'm totally willing to do this if it's do-able!! Hey! I'm sure DD would let us sleep on the floor in her room.

Gotta to go mull trains. ta

Kiwi
Old 06-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #97  

Today is Wabby's DD wedding isn't it? I hope that the weather is good for her... Cant wait to see pics!

I dont know what changed Kiwi.. I'm just glad it did!
That would be too awesome to meet in boston...who knows - if I get one of those little apartment types of hotel we could all sleep there and save $$$..

DH came down here alot before he worked for Cisco, to work with them on some installations.. and he loved it... and - he always wanted to work for Cisco... sooooo this is why we are here.... I would love to move to the Asheville area.. I absolutely love the Blue Ridge area... so perhaps when we retire..

Well my life has been in quite a state the past few months hasn't it... and now the latest... and I hope last:

My poor Darby (my furbaby) hasn't been feeling well for about a week.. I've been back and forth to the vet... Last night she threw up and was running about and let out Wails...not whimpering or welping... I never heard such a sound.. I was so scared... I called the emergency number... and no call back... that made me mad... so I brought her in first thing this morning... Dr wanted to do blood work,,, and I asked that they take x-rays...Lo and Behold... My Darbydoo has a fish hook caught in her stomach! As soon as she put the x-ray s up to the light it was So obvious..I went "OMG! It's a FISH HOOK!" I started walking the girls at Bass Lake, they have a walking trail around the lake, and of course much fishing... she must have gotten some bait or a fish and swallowed it whole in order for it to end up in her tummy.....my poor baby! I knew me and Ken weren't nuts... and now it makes sense that her skittishness and burping/nausea would wax and wan.. I guess when the hook would move it would cause her pain, then settle , ... so they did the surgery this afternoon, and we had to pick her up to bring her to a emergency hospital for post op watching... since my Vet closes at 12 on Saturdays there is no one to watch her there... Anyway, I don't know how Lucky I can get! It was a 3 pronged fish hook .. The doctor said she held her breath when she opened her thinking that she would see alot of lacerations and it be imbedded in her stomach lining... She said when she opened her stomach--there it was just "bobbing about" -- Darby is cut from stern to stern, but the stomach itself has a tiny incision..She then gave us the hook, and we told her to keep it, cos we're sure that this will be one of those cases she uses when she teaches... She can show the xray and the hook to her students..
At any rate, she has 16 staples and has to wear one of those head cones til the staples are removed in about 10-14 days... When I called DH to tell him it would cost around 800..He was $800, $8000... Whatever it cost to fix our girl..
Sheesh! My "routine life" is usually quite a snore... The past few months between my ears, DH and now Darby... have been quite drama filled! It's embarrasing! I hope this is the LAST episode in this drama!!!

Last edited by Schatzi; 06-16-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #98  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh poor baby!! You know, they now have soft e-collars that are so much more comfortable than the conehead things. One of my doggie friends, a little chinese crested had surgery on her front leg recently and is wearing one of them. It looks like a fabric frisbee.

So glad you found out what it was. DH came home from fishing this afternoon with a black lip -- he had gotten a hook caught in his lip! (He didn't swallow it... )

Kiwi
Old 06-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #99  

another fish hook horror! I'm glad DH is okay Kiwi... them things are dangerous! I'll have to ask the doc about the frisbee one... she got a clear plastic cone...
Old 06-17-2007, 07:50 AM   #100  
loves kleenex box art

This is all very entertaining. Are fish hook accidents so prevalent? I've never personally known of one before. Anyway, Shots is having a bunch of good news which is so nice to hear.

I have a question. These days and times, does anyone know how the police handle it if a young woman walks into the station and tells them she was just raped? Talking big city cops here.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:40 AM   #101  

GADZOOKS! I hope this is hypothetical... all I know is what I see on TeeVee. I guess they would ask how it happened, can she identify the person, do a rape kit at the hospital, get some psychological counseling... Peach, I hope this was just some off the wall musings...
Old 06-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #102  

so... we went to pick up Darby last night- and on the way over I regaled him with who's who in the herd... we get to the hospital, turn off the car... he looks at me and says

soooo.. do youse ever get around to talking about dieting?

.......... ............ ...............
Old 06-17-2007, 10:55 AM   #103  
loves kleenex box art

Dieting? How boring.

This is the latest from lcp. I don't know what to think. I continually have doubts about her stories but none are proven untrue. It's just that she doesn't share ENOUGH to make them concrete. Took a different route to work. She can still see him coming. Won't go to work for a while. Will DS still like her? Went to police who said they'll look for him. Went to women's center to be checked for std. Didn't explain to them, I guess, that this had JUST happened. I'm thinking the police were supposed to send her to a hospital to be checked and to gather dna. Do they really do that?

Did you tell Darby that I'm the cute one?
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #104  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

peach---i know TWO chronic 'storytellers'===she fits the profile so well---and 'violation' story is one i have heard before---talk about an attention getter---the police have problems with things like this as well { vague reports of such activities} hopefully she won't actually implicate some innocent person to keep the story going. I don't want to be so negative,but really, i would go out on a limb and say she is an authentic example of an attention seeking 'fibber' to put it as politely as possible.
The fish hook stories are awful!!! just the look of a fishhook is scary,let alone having it in you or through you!!! poor doggie,poor kiwidh!!!--------HEY KIWONKS--I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WICKED---CAN WE WORK THAT INTO OUR FIRST ANNUAL CONVENTION????---shatzi---my dh knows we don't talk about no dieting---he likes to hear all the stories.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #105  

Gotta agree with Bagz.... hate to say it but I think LCP has alot in common with Pinnochio I really dont think that they would say ohhhh we'll look around...and leave her on her own to go to a "womens center" --