Old 06-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #16  

Good Saturday morning everyone. I am sure I will be the only poster today and probably tomorrow with Jean being gone. If I am lucky, I won't get to post tomorrow because we will be traveling. I just feel so bad for my dil. She is cheerful and says she feels good, but I know how much I wanted to jump off the house by the time the end was near.

I am including another pic of the hat and sweater with the finished blanket. Gracious, I am glad that blanket is finished. It was so boring to knit. I now have the back and one front side finished on the baby's hoodie and will work on the other side this morning. I was knitting last night and listening to Creedance Clearwater Revival on Jack's I-Pod so I was boogying on down so to speak with the knitting. How can you not, listening to stuff like "Out My Back Door." You just want to dance around.

Hope all of you have a great weekend.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-28-2008 at 06:17 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:40 PM   #17  

Jean: Just saw all about the bad weather in your area. Hope you, your family and your property are all ok!

Faye
Old 06-03-2007, 12:11 AM   #18  

Good Evening, Flowers! It's been a long day and I'm just checking in before I head off to bed. I feel like I spent most of the day in the car . . . took the longer route to my "mom's" to make sure there was no road construction on the road to the wedding later in the day. We spent a few hours with her and went out to lunch; I ordered a strawberry, cashew, chicken salad which I've never heard of before. The dressing was a creamy strawberry w/poppy seeds in it -- yummy! We opted not to go to the wedding reception because 1) it was being held a half hour+ drive east of the church and we already had a 3 hour drive coming west back home and 2) it was 6:30 and they were still greeting guests in the reception line so we could tell it would be 8 or later when we finally got to eat. It was a beautiful wedding with the church decorated with lots of fresh greenery, flowers, and candles, 6 attendants, and all of them were nice looking with no tatoos showing, long hair on the guys, etc. The groom is an insurance agent and the bride will be an elementary teacher this fall.

"Gma" -- We were lucky and just got some rain showers when we were driving to the wedding. Here at home the rain gauge showed nothing. The tornadoes were in the southeastern part of the state, I think. The blanket turned out great. I'm sure Thomas will love everything and especially since you made them just for him. I have some CCR music too . . . love it!

Tomorrow is church and off to see the relatives at the cabin. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday and just maybe be on the road to IN!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:35 AM   #19  

Good morning ladies! I woke up this morning with the thought that the baby is going to go the distance I guess. The bad thing is if she goes into labor anytime today, tonight, or tomorrow, we will only have 3 complete days to be with the baby then have to come home. Jack only has 4 days he can use. If we don't get the call until at least Monday afternoon then he can take the rest of the week off and we can come home on Sunday so at this point, I hope he holds off now until on Monday afternoon. We won't be able to go back until Christmas, which means he will be 6 months old before we see him again.

I now have the back, one side and part of the other side complete on his hoodie. I am going to work on it today between cleaning the downstairs, laundry and stuff.

I haven't been in the pool once this year yet and part of that is because I sit here waiting for the phone to ring. It isn't just anxiousness, it is knowing it is at least a 10 hour drive to get there barring any slowdowns and such and every minute will count. I would hate to be in the pool and they call here. I don't know if he would then try Jack's cell or what, but I don't want to take the chance so I will just wait until I get back to start working out in the pool. I haven't been walking either for the same reason.

Jean: I am glad you guys had no weather issues and had an enjoyable time with the wedding and all. Hope you enjoy today up at the lake.

Faye
Old 06-04-2007, 11:08 AM   #20  

Got my fingers crossed the call comes today, Faye. I'm getting anxious for you!

Jean, that salad sounds fabulous. Wish I'd come across it around here.

Got Stan home from the hospital. The infection is under control and the swelling is going down. They gave him 2 different long-lasting IV antibiotics and and injectable one as well. He called to tell me to come take him home and by the time I got there the doctor decided to have him get 2 more bags before he left to be on the safe side. That only took 2 hours so it wasn't too bad. I just hope the swelling and soreness gets out of him arm soon.

I have to go to court today to testify about one of our tenants. The lawyer said it wouldn't be more than 3 minutes for my part - yeah, right!

My boss got back from Ecuador yesterday so this week is "catch up"...i.e., a miserable week ahead.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote