Old 05-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #16  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

We had a power outage yesterday and I couldn't get online...plus it's a good thing I was home when it happened because it seems the electric company was doing the "brown-out" thing and had things running at half power--which would be fine exept my poor computer was on and was struggling to stay connected. I could smell that funky electrical burn smell like when a motor is ready to burn out. I had to unplug almost everything including my fish tank filter, the poor guys were swimming around in murky water.

Angie, that is good news about Brit not being pregnant. Have you thought about forcing her to go for a OB/GYN exam? Maybe the doc can talk some sense into her head at least in that regard, or maybe give her a depo shot ? I'm so sorry about Meanie. He had a great life with you and I know he knew you loved him. As for the other parent that allowed the girls to drink, have they ever been reported before? That would infuriate me, I think if it were my child in that situation, Rick would just take things into his own hands and go settle the score on his own I can't believe some parents, if you can call them that.

I have quite a few errands to run today, gotta get a jump on it. Have a great day everyone and TGIF!!!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #17  

Angie, I just read your posts. First off you need a cyber hug. My heart goes out to you for your precious Meanie, and also for all the heartache over Brit and Corey. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I can't believe there's nothing that her PO can do. It's too bad you can't have her imancipated, so she can realize that grass isn't so green on the outside of momma's door, or boot camp maybe. Anyway, I will keep you in prayer.

Hello to Noelle, Virgo, Cal, Kemp, Karen and Dips. Hope you are having a wonderful day.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone!
Well, this morning the scales weren't very nice!! I didn't lose and I didn't gain. I know I just have to get back in to the WATP's everyday like I was doing before! I haven't changed much in my eating so it has to be that I'm just not walking like I was.

Angie--- I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time right now. I know how that feels. Our son gave us such fits for about 10 years!! He was in and out of jail several times (I know wrong crowd works once but not over and over again!) We bailed him out so many times it isn't even funny. I kept a "running" talley of all we spent to get him out of trouble and right now the balance is about $7,000.00!! I don't think we will ever see that but if he shoudl ever decide that we never do anything for him I can always bring out his "BILL"!! I think that he thought the courts would just forget about him after while and he just never figured he would have to go to the alcohol classes or anger management or anything!! Well, he ended up having to go to a place called Com/cor (Community corrections) He had to live there but could go to work. He had 30 minutes to get to and from work and they did breathalyzer tests on him everytime he came back from being out. He could earm time for passes but still had to check in if he changed locations of where he was. He had to be able for them to be able to get in touch with him at all times (Not a cell phone but a land line, no answering machine) The judge told him if he saw him in his court again he would make sure that his new address would be the state prison!!! I had to get real tough with him and Tim and say that there would be no more money going to get him out of trouble anymore!! Enough was enough!! AND if he didn't straighten out and ended up in prison--- I would NOT visit him there! I just wouldn't see him with a glass between us!! And if he ended up there --- well, I guess that was his choice! Well, something along the way must have clicked-- because he got all of his classes done like he was supposed to. is now completely done with the court system and has been doing great for the last 2 years!! Knock On Wood!! So hopefully something will happen that will make your kids see that what they are doing is going to get them absolutely no where and they will straighten soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and know that you are not alone in this!
I'm so sorry to hear about Meanie but you know you loved him and he knows it too! I'm sure he couldn't have asked for a better home.

Virgo, Noelle, Cal, Kempyd, Dips and anybody else that I might have missed --- I hope you had a real nice day too. I'll ty to get back and chat more later.
We're going to be around here for at least another week. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #19  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys. Meanie passed away yesterday on my counter in his kitty bed. Me and Jay took him out so he could lay in the grass and sun one last time before he died. I pretty much get teary eyed whenever I think of him. We got him cremated so now I am going to order another kitty urn from embraceable urns. Do you remember Tinkies urn? It is a kitty laying on a rock with their name stamped into it and they paint the cat to look like your cats. They do an awesome job so I am getting one for him.

We have the meeting today with the parents and kids that broke in to the camps and restaurant today. I hope mine dont expect me to defend them because I am dont doing that.

On the bright side, I am down 3.5 more pounds this week. I actually was bloated up like 3 pounds for the first 4 days of the week. I dont know why but it left and I even had a nice loss to show.

Have a great weekend everyone. I will try to update more after the meeting.

Here is a picture of Meanie. He is the one on the left and Puddin my Ragodll girl is the one on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2002.jpg (35.6 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by angieME; 05-06-2007 at 07:02 PM.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #20  

Hi Angie,
This is just a quick note to let you know that I'm sorry to hear about Meanie. When I lost my Sheltie to cancer years ago this link was sent to me and helped me a lot. I still miss her but know that she isn't suffering anymore. I hope you get as much comfort from this site as I did. And still do. Karen

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
Old 05-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #21  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello my girls...

Hey everybody...I don't even have time to really be here but I need my girls right now

Angie- I am so so sorry about Brit, Cory and dear Meanie. You are an incredibly strong woman and parent and it is hard to raise kids these days. Don't give up on them, I know they have pushed you to your limits but don't lose your ground. I'm all for boot camp, you know that!

CW- Great job on the weight loss. You are doing great.

KAren- Wow, you had major parenting challenges too. Yet you still manage to come away with grace and loveliness

Noelle- I missed you. Your poor baby is hurt, I can't imagine anything being wrong with Niko. I haven't really prepared myself for those realities.

Virgo- Being queen sounds good to me I thank you your majesty.

Now fo rthe rant:

I was up til 3 am this morning finishing a group project (4 of us) which ultimately became a solo project (me) These *******s are so f*cking lazy. It is a simple project all they had to do was send me thier part (no more than 1 damn page) and I would put together the entire power point. Well NOBODY has sent me anything and the presentation is due today. And we could have had another week but these sons of B****es volunteered us to go first and now we all are going to look like idiots and I'm going to curse everyone of they're asses out. I HATE GROUP PROJECTS!!!

[Deep Breath]

Okay- I gotta make some phone calls. I'll try my hardest to check back but it's finals week so I don't know...Luv you guys!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #22  

We have had some doozies as parents, but the one I spoke with on Thursday was ...words fail me. He complained because his daughter called him when school let out to tell him that there was no tutoring (never mind that a notice went home 2 weeks ago stating that Tuesday was the last day of tutoring for the year). He was yelling at me about it (I have nothing to do with tutoring) and saying that the schools can't do that because people are planning to pick people (students) up at a certain time and now he was on the road and had to turn around. I told him that his daughter should have called him earlier in the day, and he said that she's only in the 7th grade and she can't just up and call, and it was the school's responsibility to call him. If she isn't given responsibility now, when does he expect her to have it??)I kept calm and finally told him that he needed to call the principal, but he kept yelling. There were kids in my room and they could hear him. Finally, I told him that he needed to call the principal, and that I couldn't talk to him anymore. Then I hung up. After the kids left, I went to the office and told the secretaries to expect him...and I told them the story. (The principal was at an administrator's meeting). The secretary emailed me later and said that he did come in and was just screaming at them. She said she turned to look once and he screamed at her to not look at him like that. The secretaries thought he was going to come over the counter. He said that they were there to serve him and he was not there to serve them. I also called the principal Thursday night at home and told her everything...then I told Alberto that THAT is why I'm not a principal. She appreciated that I gave her a heads up, and she would take care of it on Friday. (We had picture day on Friday, so I didn't get a chance to talke to her yet). I did tell Alberto that that parent must be careful because he can be prohibited from coming on campus if he remains threating to staff.
It's really sad because his daughter is the sweetest kid. She always has a smile; she's friendly; never a discipline problem. One of the teachers said that the girl never listens (just that morning her homeroom teacher reminded them there was no tutoring and even wrote it on the board, so she had all day to call her dad. I did get on her about that after I hung up on her dad). I think she's learned how to tune him out, and she does it to others as well. Poor kid.

Sorry for the long post.

Angie: I'm so sorry to hear about Meanie. We've only had Tucker for 3 years and I couldn't imagine losing him. I'm also keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. It's ironic that here we hear that the type of problems you're having with Brit and Cory are found in the cities, and the kids in small towns are always pleasant and respectful. I've even known people who have moved to small towns because they don't want their kids persuaded by "bad influences". They just don't realize that kids are kids (good or bad behaviors) no matter where they live.
By the way: Congratulations on the 3.5 pounds loss!!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #23  

Dips, I hate group projects. It never fails, it's my kids that end up doing all the work. Last year my daughter had a project with two other girls. We bought all the materials, and did all the working. We spend over $75.00 on this project, that the other girls wrote the list, and decided my daughter need to purchase the items. Needless to say, the other girls didn't pay us back. I even sent the moms a copy of the receipts for all the items purchased for the project. Needless to say, they only worked about one hour each on the project, and my daughter did all the work. I never saw the money out of it, either. I was so P*ssed off, that I told the teacher that the girls didn't do any of the work. Hopefully you'll get a good grade, regardless of the lazy fools you ended up doing this project with.

Cal, I'm sorry for your grief of that parent. It's too bad parents don't really understand that you get more with honey than you do with vinager.

Hope everyone is have a beautiful day.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #24  

Hello Everyone!

Can you believe my Hummingbirds are back and it is snowing like crazy here!! I may have to crochet them some "teeny tiny" sweaters!!

Also I have intended to post some pictures of our house. In The picture of the outside of the house you can just barely see a part of another building--- That is Tim's 4 car garage. It is mostly storage right now and he has plans to make at least one bay a workshop. In the picture of the livinig room, where the rocker is there is now a fireplace. We put that in last year. It still needs some finishing touches but we used it like crazy this past year. We are hoping to convert it to gas this coming year..... guess we'll have to wait and see how things go now. I will post one more picture in the next post and then I won't bug you guys anymore.

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #25  

Ok--- This is our master bath and I LOVE IT!!! We both fell in love with this house when we looked at it 2 years ago. Of course we didn't ever plan on Tim losing his job at this stage of the game..... BUT I'm sure that things will work out for the best--- just have to see what that will be.

Well, I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I'll try to get back later and chat some more.
Karen

Old 05-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #26  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello my girls...

Well the saying goes "when you fail to plan, you plan to fail" So the proffesor said we had to present today and so we had to go with what we had. One of the losers in my group showed up a half hour late and begged us to let him do his part last which completely F*cked up the order because he was supposed to go first. So I went first and nailed my presentation I figured it would put everyone else at ease. WRONG!! Since no one else rehearsed, they all sounded like mumbling bumbling idiots. The guy who was late didn't even have his part written, he read directly from stuff he had obviously JUST printed from the library downstairs. Luckily I did the conclusion so our presentation finished halfway decent but if we were working for a corporation, we'd have been fired! I was so upset i left class early, otherwise you all would have probably seen me on the news.

[Deep breath]

Cal- I know that as a teacher you deal with jerks like that all the time. Good for you on being the bigger person and not losing your cool. People can be soinconsiderate of other people's feelings sometimes.

CW- Those parents are a**holes for not helping you. It seems that proffesors and teachers give out these assignments to see who the slackers really are because they always emerge in these situtations.

Karen- That bathroom is awesome! Just add a bed and you pretty much have my apartment
Old 05-06-2007, 07:00 PM   #27  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys. I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had the meeting yesterday. It went okay but I would have rather not been there. It was great to go in and watch the other parents be so hypocritical since they are both drug users and drinkers. The house reaked of pot when we walked in I couldnt even believe it. They had a state senate guy who has worked in law enforcement etc. come to talk to the kids and all I could think while he was there was cant he smell the dope?

Karen, Thank you for the link. I had actually found that a year ago when my other cat Tinky died. The poems are so sad. I am comforted to know Meanie went quick and isnt old and in pain anymore but oh boy the everyday habits that he isnt here to do will get to me for a while. Your house is beautiful. Is it a modular? Your bath is set up just like mine. Do you have a shower in the corner across from the sinks too?

Dips, Will you still get a good grade since it is obvious that you were the only one to have her **** together? I hope so. I am so impressed with how well you are doing. Too bad we couldnt all get together to go to your graduation when the time comes.

Cal, Wow that parent sounds like a nutjob. You handled yourself great. Nope the small towns have the same problems as the cities. We dont have gangs but we have a bunch of bored kids who get into trouble. The drug situation is just as grim here as in the cities I am finding out too. It seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

Kempy, Watcha doing this weekend?
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #28  

Hi Angie, Glad that your meeting went OK --- I can't believe that guy who has worked in law enforcement couldn't smell that!! Maybe he just didn't want to say anything--- is he a friend of theirs?

Thanks for the compliment on our house--- Yes, it is a modular and the shower is over in the corner across from the sinks.. It also has a floor to ceiling cabinet just on the outside of the shower room next to the sink.. I love it. Just hope things straighten out and we don't have to sell and move somewhere else. I'm sure once we get back from visiting our families that we will be more focused and get something done to get jobs.

Dips, good to hear from you... Sorry you had such a hard time with your project. It just goes to show that the only thing you can count on is you can't count on anybody else!!

OK, This is MAY 6 and I just took this picture of what it is doing outside!!! Can you believe it !!!

Well, I hope everyone has had a good weekend and I'll try to get back later to chat and see what's going on. Karen

Old 05-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Default Hello, ladies!

Angie, I am so sorry for your loss of Meanie. At least you got to enjoy his company for many years. It's hard to lose that uncritical love, especially at a time when so many other aspects of your life are turbulent. Please know you remain in my thoughts and prayers. (And congratulations on the concurrent weight loss--see, something can still go right.)

calnative, I find your inner strength while under such irrational attack to be impressive and inspirational! WHAT AN ANUS THAT GUY IS!! You deservce The Nobel Patience Prize!!

cw, even though it happened some time ago, you too deserve commendation for being the mature one, when dealing with the parents who wouldn't repay you after you saved the group project. Honestly, I don't know how some people can look themselves in the eyes when at the mirror. You'd think they'd be ashamed. But you can hold your head high, my friend.

Dips, that also applies to you. I'm glad you took the high road and left those no-good loafers alone. It's thanks to you they'll even get a passing grade. Just think of it (for yourself) as building character. You know you can hold the fort when it's under attack. Once everyone's out of college and in the real world, those kids'll get smooshed like flies because they never learned how to pull their own weight. Living well is the best revenge--and you don't even have to waste your psychic energy on punishing them, since they'll do it to their very own selves.

Karen, that piece on the rainbow bridge made me cry. Next month, we'll have had our little cat for a year & a half. She's a 7 year old rescue kitty who had been mistreated in her early life. She's still threatened when anyone visits, but she's turned into a real trusting sweetheart with us. Yeah, I can still cry thinking about pets no longer with us. Good video. And I hope things will work out well for you & Tim.

kempyd, how's the pool situation coming along? How's the weather been down there? It's finally spring here, but it's cool. That cold snap we had a couple weeks ago was not kind to the shrubs and other plants who thought it was safe to come out--but it wasn't. Still, trees and tulips are blooming everywhere, and it is quite lovely. Hope it's lovely there, too.

mele, my husband tells me the electric company doesn't do brownouts as an alternative to blackouts. Rather, it's in the way the major electric grids re-align the current when a part of it fails. As you noticed, it's very hard on all the appliances. He's had me go around the house turning off anything I knew was on whenever we had one. That's a tip, by the way, ladies--during a blackout, everything is obviously off. During a brownout, there's still a little current going through the wires. Since our appliances were made for a specific amount of current, anything less is actually harmful to the appliances, and could possibly even cause a fire. So if you see your normally bright lights down low as if they were on dimmers but they're not!, then turn them off, and unplug your TV, stereo, and other appliances.

Okay, ladies, let's keep on keeping on!! How does one do that li'l cheerleader for "10 pounds lost!"? I just changed my numbers! YAY!!
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #30  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My Girlz...

Whew, ya girl is going BANANAS as this semester winds down. Two more weeks to go, somebody pray for me And just when I thought I had just enogh on my plate before going postal I Get called for jury duty DAMMIT!! So to try to unwind with a special visit from the boyfriend and he gets a little too excited if ya know what I mean so needless to say instead of releaving stress, he just added to it (men)

Anyways I just needed to check in with u guys.

Virgo- what great advise you give. I think you're right about those other kids
thier laziness will come back to bite them in the ***.

Angie- that would be so cool if we could all get together for any reason.

Karen- I hope you get summer some time soon