Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #16  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Wow! I forgot how fast this thread really goes! I missed you guys so much!

dexdienu: Welcome! You just post whenever you feel like posting. I like to post when I'm feeling down, and I like to post when I have something exciting to share. Or when I'm bored, and... Well, you get the picture. You can post whenever you feel like you want to post! I'm sorry for the gain, but if you are new to this, this gain could be nothing more than your metabolism settling in to the new routine. Also, something to consider, what diet plan are you following anyone? Jasmine pointed this out to me a very long time ago. Just because it's healthy, doesn't mean it's going to keep us from gaining weight. Portion control and nutritional information on the back, these guys can be your best friend! And you are definitely not doing this wrong! You should see how scatterbrained I get some days, then after you witness that, you'll know that there is no wrong way, hahaha. Good luck meeting some new friends! I just moved to the town I'm in about 6 months ago. I've met a couple people, but it's a very small town, and I am finding it difficult to meet people with similar interests here. I'm thinking about joining a class, like a pottery class, or something. Let us know how the golf meeting goes!
As for the tracker, the URL must have img tags as well. We can help ya out with that!

Jasmine: OOOOOOO I MISSED YOU! Things are alright. Let's just say I have come to some very interesting conclusions. The most important one being, "If you aren't with me on this, you are against me." And honey! Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is going to hold me back from my dream state of health. So, things are not really okay, but I am okay, and that is what matters! And some some of those delicious veggies my way!! It's still a little too cold here (being that it snowed yesterday! lol), but I am planning to plant a garden as well. I was just going to do tomato plants and maybe some peas. My favorite is flowers, so that will be the main attraction of my garden LOL.

marbleflys: You are so strong in the face of adversity. And you are doing so wonderful! There for everyone (including yourself). Remember that we're always here for support! And some more hugs and well wishes coming your way!

Sharon.S: Dang! That sucks! But I, too, know the feeling. It's enough to just drive me nuts! :LOL:

Okay, so some of you wanted to know what is up with me!
Well, here goes...
Around the last time I was busy on the board, I had to have sudden emergency surgery on my wisdom teeth. You can imagine this threw my diet off. DF was buying me all kinds of cool, soft, melty foods. Oh, I don't know.. Like ice cream and popsicles? Stuff that I never keep in my house under normal circumstances. And I kept telling myself that this was okay, because it was all I could eat (I could have made real fruit smoothies as an example of what I should've done).
Well, I fell off the exercise horse, and the eating healthy horse, and those 2 horses fell of the dieting horse, so you can imagine it was a pretty big fall, haha. And then DF started getting on my case about how I spent money (only $127CAD!) on my treadmill, and how I'm never using it. So he made me move it from the living room (I kept it folded up behind the chair) upstairs to the spare bedroom. That made it even more difficult to get on it, because I never saw it! Out of sight, out of mind. And he continually harped on me about not entering food. I mean, I think he was trying to support me, but it was having the opposite affect! So these days I'm feeling bad about myself, and I've gone from being strong and confident in my food choices, to second guessing everything, and trying not to eat in front of anyone. My MIL is still a strong supporter, though! I went from eating 5-6 very small meals a day, to eating twice a day (again, blah, I don't want to be there again!). I am still doing okay in making smart food choices, and I am getting outside, walking to work, walking to the grocery store and everything. But it's like, a couple of sentences from him, and my confidence was shot.
And then I took some time to myself, sat down, and realized that this is not the only area in my life he negatively affects me. I not only feel bad about my dieting, but about my body, my sense of mind, my thought processes, my abilities as a wife (cooking, cleaning, taking care of the pets, etc).
And I came to the ultimate conclusion. I am giving this one last try (this is not the first time that I've realized he might not be right for me). No more making excuses. If this doesn't work, then I have to move on, and worry about me.
There is so much I could be doing with my life if I only had the confidence to do it! And I know that is up to me, but it's hard when you've got someone breathing down your neck, not letting you forget every little mistake you've ever made in life.

So, life has been a little tough on my emotions for the last month or so. And things aren't working out, so now I have to figure out how to move on.

Oh, and I met someone. We're JUST friends. But wow, is he amazing. And he makes me realize that I deserve better than this crap!
So wish me luck ladies!
I'm going to have my morning snack now, which I have not had in over a month!!

- Mande

P.S. Sorry to unload on you guys! But in this tiny town where I know barely anyone, you guys are my lifeline!
Old 03-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/204/145

Height: 5'9"

Default No Golf

So I went to the local golf course to join the ladies golf group and I got turned away. Since I am relatively new to golfing, they said I wouldn't be a good fit for their group. It makes me rather sad. Here I am putting myself out there and I get shot down On a good note, I didn't resort to eating Instead I ran some errands and bought some healthy food for the next couple days.

I am going to post this. Please bear with me while I try adding the ticker on the next posting.

Sharon
Old 03-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #18  

I changed my signature, maybe that is the trick
Old 03-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #19  

yeah!!! it is truly the little things in life which excite me
Old 03-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #20  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

marbleflys:

I have a seriously ill sib,a seriously old mother and I am the only game in town...along with work and running the homestead, I'm so stressed I could pull my hair out. I'm so worked up I can barely sleep which makes me feel like death warmed over in the AM. I started back exercising with Tae-Bo and I love it, but some mornings I have to catch up on the day before, it's a never-ending cycle....then there is the car that needs inspecting, service and license renewal and the new 2nd phase of homestead renovation.

I am sorry to hear about your mom and sis! you must be exhausted!! *BIG HUGZ* Be sure to take time for yourself! I am so proud of you for sticking to plan despite all that!

I wish the weather was warm enough to start a garden, we had snow and ice over the weekend....yuck. Jasmine I'm a big fan of tomatoes and peppers too....have you ever seen the purple peppers? very pretty. I once had a plant with little tiny Thai peppers about the size of my fingernail....it was so PRETTY, it grew like a tree in a pot...if I could ever find it again at the garden center, it looked better than some of my flowers! I usually do the sweet cherry 100s tomatoes, love them for a salad.

I did see the purple bell peppers but was wondering about them, I have never seen nor heard about them before! lol Not surprised as there are thousands of things we don't come into regular contact with food wise.

I did see the 100 tomatoes, are they like the small grape tomatoes? Maybe I should try some of those next time! When will it be warm enough to plant? That would be so cool to have a gardening buddy. I also have a question. It seems one of the tomatoe plants has a broken stem, I don't know what happened. It seems like the whole top of it is like that. Do I clip it? Or leave it? Will it grow back okay? etc. *sigh*

I was researching yesterday how to keep cats out of the garden. There are a bunch of neighborhood cats around. I was out there sprinkling cayenne pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper with a water solution, 2 two liter water bottles to sit, used coffee grounds, etc. lol When I went to get Joey for lunch we went and got a lavendar plant and 2 six packs of marigolds as well. They are supposed to deter cats cause of their scent! But the target lady said her cats love her marigolds! Ugghhhh!!! Didn't ask her about the lavendar but I know marigolds are great for scaring off aphids etc. I also found a Jasmine flower plant and fell in love with it! It smells so good!

It was SO windy yesterday! I wound up getting pepper in my eyes and up my nose!!! Joe said he is going to make a motion sensored sprinler for the garden. Since cats defo hate water!

Do you grow anything else up in Jersey?

but the good news is that I'm consistently losing, so maybe I'll try on my bathing suit....

Hooray for you!!! Yippeee!!!!

SD Gal:

Jasmin, WOW GIRL YOU HAVE BEEENN BUUUUUSY! lol Your garden sounds simply fantastic. I hope you share pictures when everything is in bloom! YUM! I grew tomatoes when I lived in Washington, here in So Ca, nothing grows.. weeds, really. lol.

No don't say that! I am in so cal too!!! hahahah Get some vegetable and plant soil! Like I said before when my ex dad in law was with us down 60 miles we did grow those 4 things so i know I can garden again. I will defo be sharing pics I am already so proud of my plants. hehhehe I also forgot to tell everyone we have roses as well. There are about 8 bushes out front and I am just waiting for them to bloom again!

So nice to hear from you!! YAY! You know, as long as you are still focusing on being healthy, that's important. Fifty pounds is A LOT so you should be VERY proud of yourself. Here's wishing you well to your goal!!

Thanx sweetie! Yeah once June 2007 hits it will be 2 years since I started my journey towards being healthy and losing so we'll see what I am at then but sometimes I get discouraged and think I could of lost a whole lot more(than just the 75 pounds I already have) but then I remind myself this was an extreme lifestyle change and I have enjoyed myself along the way. I still eat out once a week, sometimes twice when I goof. Sometimes I still eat too much or some of the wrong foods. The difference is this is not just about losing. I remind myself this is about being healthy and that even if I have a bad day or a bad couple weeks. You just get up and keep going. That is what will make the difference in the end. This lifestyle has to be livable to me and if I am too strict with myself I will go nuts and binge. Some people lose alot at once being really strict then they go back to their old unhealthy ways and gain it all back plus some. I don't want that to happen. It is also safer to lose weiight slowly so I am happy about that.

Anyhow I told myself I need to get back to my chicken rice and veggies. I lose the most when I focus on having a few meals like that a week! So I got some beans and rice soaking right now.

Canuk4:

Awww sweetie! *HUGZ* That is why I always write in a notepad then copy/paste.

Well ladies it is a new day and summer is coming!!! I am determined to see the 100's soon! I know I can do this!!! So can you!!!

Is anyone else going to be gardening this year??
Old 03-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #21  
I AM healthy!

martiniforme:

Well sweetie you two have been together along time! Maybe he is insecure cause you are losing so much weight! I know my dh is behind me 100% but I know as proud of me as he is he did admit he felt kind of bad. As you all know I have come along way health and weight wise but along with that came ALOT more energy! So he has seen me go from being so lazy that I only got the dishes done once every 3 days(we had plenty of dishes) to keeping the kitchen spotless! Well as spotless as it gets with 5 kids! lol But I am really picky about it now. Dishes get done as soon as people are done eating on them. The floor gets swept a few times a day, mopped every nite. Counters get wiped down as soon as there is a mess. etc. I keep it really clean now! I am cooking alot and baking alot and from scratch! A few days a week I am in there 4-5 hours cleaning and cooking, putting things away etc. The great thing is that I try to make enough to have for a few nites so that I don't have to do that every day1 Like making 4 pans of enchiladas or lasagna and freezing 3 each. Making a big pot of chili beans and having that 1-2 nites and making up 48 tortillas at a time, having a meal with some and the rest I make burritos for the kids for the freezer, etc, making up 3 pans of muffins and freezing, etc. I have been able to get the house alot more organized and clean and am even venturing into my room! There are some areas I still need to work on but I am 150% better than I was when I was 280 pounds and too tired to do more than basic cooking and cleaning.

My eldest is like, mom you don't need to scrub down your kitchen every day! I am like, yes I do! And I am teaching the kids to do the same, to pick up after themselves. We are trying to teach them to have a neat and tidy room. How to have better organizational skills, etc. When we had our last family meeting they told me its because I married Joe and that he rubbed off on me! haha That guy is awesome. He is thin and very energetic. He also has excellent organizational skills and is helping me with that. They said its because I have his last name! lol I said well in that case we should change all your names to his!!

Anyhow what I was getting at was as proud of me as he is, he felt a little bad cause he fells like I have come so far and that he still hasn't been able to(and is not ready) to quit smoking. He is still working at trying to get a better job. Things like that and I had to take him aside and explain to him that he is the reason I am able to be a much better wife and mother. That I am able to get healthier and lose weight. That I am able to run this household so well. I could NOT do it without him! When I was with my ex he was always gone all the time and he wanted me to work as well! I agreed to pt but no more and that was never enough for him. He wanted me to work ft and take care of the house and 5 kids and go to college and.....etc to infinity.

It was a constant problem! I remember being 9 months pregnant with my last 1 and in the hospital having complications and him asking me when I was going back to work!!! Even when I was just working pt my attention was always so divided. Not to mention constantly worrying about money! With him being a truck driver and spending most of it on himself i could never balance the bills. I could never make a real budget! I was in a constant state of financial worry! Not to mention the fact he was gone all the time so I had no one to help me with anything. And when one thing went wrong you know who got blamed. Anyways my point is when Joe and I got married he said that he wants me to stay home and take care of him and the house and the kids. We may not have alot of money, but we have everything we need and a little for extras. We have a budget and nothing is in danger of being shut off. I am frugal with sales and food and stock up and coupons etc so we always have plenty of food. I don't worry about money, I don't worry about an outside job. I remember when he was living with us before we got married and I was still working and how screwed up my hours were. We also only had 1 car so that wwas even more complex and his shifts rotated so you can imagine. The school cafeteria job was 1 hour in the early a.m. 2.5 hours like 2 hours later to run back to and in the afternoons 3 hours at an after school propgram. It was only 6.5 hours a day but my day was tied up between 6 in the a.m. to 6 at nite with running back and forth and picking up kids etc. It was total chaos!! The best thing that ever happened was me getting let go before my probation ended.

Joe originally told me to not even worry about cleaning the house, that he would help when he was home. He just wanted me to focus on losing weight and being healthy. (He doesn't have a problem with my weight he just knows that this was something I feel is really important and he wants me to be healthy and happy) So for a while I mainly focused on that but as I did that I gained alot more energy and am able to cook from scratch, keep the house reasonably clean with some places super clean, take care of the kids and him and still foruc on healthy eating. Anyways so what I told him was by him actually doing HIS JOB, him doing the heavy duty chores around here like painting, car maintenance lawn mowing etc, allowing me to stay home, I am able to focus on what I need to focus on and that is losing weight, making sure the whole family has healthy meals, and cooking from scratch, keepint the house clean, organizing, etc things like that. When I was working I wasn't able to do that and a womans attention really gets divided when she has to work. That is why I really applaud all of you women who are working and trying to be moms and take care of the house and stuff, and try to eat healthy and exercise on top of all of that! I don't know how you do it!

He felt alot better and realized that my great achievement was also his great achievement. There is no way I could of gotten to this point without him. And not just the staying home thing, all his support and encouragement and praise and him physically going with me on walks sometimes.

So martini maybe he is feeling like you are accomplishing alot and he isn't? Or maybe he fears that as you lose the weight other men will be more attracted to you? Maybe you two need counseling. I would defo get to the root of the problem. I am here if ya need me hun!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:10 PM   #22  
I AM healthy!

dexdienu:

Quote:
Default No Golf
So I went to the local golf course to join the ladies golf group and I got turned away. Since I am relatively new to golfing, they said I wouldn't be a good fit for their group. It makes me rather sad. Here I am putting myself out there and I get shot down On a good note, I didn't resort to eating Instead I ran some errands and bought some healthy food for the next couple days.

I am going to post this. Please bear with me while I try adding the ticker on the next posting.
Sharon

What the heck is wrong with these people? That is terrible!!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #23  
I AM healthy!

Oh and martini I forgot to add I missed you so much too!! *BIG HUGZ* I have missed all of you alot and I always feel so much better about myself when I am here posting with you guys(food wise) it seems like when I check in more regularily the better I can stick to plan.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'6"

Red face Just wanted to say hi

So I've been looking around the forums trying to find a mini group to post in. But Im not doing any diet per se (except the common sense one-with some calorie counting) so none of those groups worked. Then I went into the 20 somethings since well I am a 20 something, but sadly I discovered that they were more college age 20 somethings as opposed to almost 30 20 somethings- who doesn't care how many calories are in wine/beer because that type of partying is over for me. Now I have stumbled across you guys and I think this sounds like a good group! So I wanted to introduce myself.

So I decided I needed to start this journey when I found myself saying " I have never weighed this mouch in my whole life", which disturbed me more because this is what my mother always said. With a wedding a little over a year a way and a desperate need for more energy, I have decided to do something about my not so little problem.

I look forward to getting to know you guys and all the wonderful advice I am sure you will have for this beginner.

Stephanie
Old 03-21-2007, 01:32 PM   #25  
I AM healthy!

Hi Stephanie!

You are more than welcome here! Yes we are a group that is very accepting and don't feel you have to stick to any certain dieting plan. Our main plan is to eat healthy and exercise. So glad you found us!!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
dexdienu:
Sharon

What the heck is wrong with these people? That is terrible!!
ITS DISGUSTING! People are so horrid, it makes me SICK. GR! I'm sorry these women with really poor manners did that to you. You're a much better person than I, who would have opted to state what I thought of each and every one of them.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexdienu View Post
yeah!!! it is truly the little things in life which excite me
You're too cute, I felt this way too when I created my signature stuff. lol
Old 03-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #28  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi everyone! Tired and in a rush but love ya all, TOM is here, kill me please! Smooches!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone, welcome looking4better, I think you will find us a very supportive group, and friendly too.

Disdienu, I can't believe that group of women were so mean, they might of suggested someone to give you lesson's if you wanted, or a group of newbies to golf, something, that is just wrong. Good for you for not turning to food and doing errands etc. I am sorry they treated you that way!
Stick with us, were not anything like them.

Martiniforme, I give you credit for sticking to your eating plan, it is hard when your faced with so much negativity. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, remember we are here for you!

Hi SD Gal you are so god at supporting us all.

Jasmine we have all missed you, it is a wonder you can post at all with all you are doing in and out of the house. Our garden's here usually go in on or around the 24th of May and we enjoy the fruits of our labours in July and August, sometimes into September. We have been spoiled all our lives we have reaped the benifits of my father's garden. Flowers is about all I plant and the last time I planted 150 bulbs in one day and the squirrels ate most of them. Even though we have a little snow left and it is still quite cold my crocuses are coming up. Not much else survived. I want to plant some flowers at the cottage this year, there is just some over grown bushes out front.

Well food and water went good today, I am still working on the exercise.

Tomorrow I think the cast comes off and I get a brace, hope it's a good one to hold my wrist from moving and braking the pin, but definately smaller.
Talk to you tomorrow, have a good day everyone.
Sharon S.

P.S. I to give all the mom's who work, have kids and a house to keep up, as well as cook, a lot of credit, I have been there and done it on my own and with my husband, it just is not easy. So big credit goes to you!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #30  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Sharon: I'm really surprised they turned you away, and I'm sorry to hear that! It's awful. But congrats on your sig, it looks great!

Jasmine: I can definitely see your point. I had already thought of it, and tried to talk to him about it. He continues to say (half paying attention) that he's happy I'm losing the weight. But we'll see where it leads me. I'm taking each day in stride, and will not make any rash decisions, I promise!

Stephanie: Welcome to the group! You will get some tremendous support from this little gaggle of girls, they rock!! I look forward to hearing more from you!

Shari: *bang*... I KID! I definitely feel ya though! TOM was here just over a week ago. This whole regular thing was exciting in the beginning, but now I remember why I was so happy it dissipated! hahaha.

Sharon.S: Thanks, doll .

And thanks to all for the support. Well, now you all know what I've been up to. I'm not a big fan of complaining people's ears off, so that's pretty much all you'll hear about it.

On the upside, I weighed myself this morning (for the first time in many weeks), but not only did I maintain, I see to have lost an insy bit of weight, haha. YEAH!

Back on track now. It feels really good. I crave this kind of structure in my life.
And to make sure I always have time for 3FC, I woke up earlier than normal this morning to do the forum, and I think that's what I'll continue to do.

Love ya ladies!

-Mande
Closed Thread