Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 03:28 AM   #76  

Sorry, Kaylets, about the friend let down. I'm going to need to call on some of those who've been offering me help and I think there's always that fear that some of the nice offers might not be followed up on. It certainly was a good opportunity for someone you thought was a friend to help out
Old 03-26-2007, 03:37 AM   #77  

Oh, blast. Had another thought. Though I've still been in the same general weight range, I've not "felt" as "slim". Recent pictures have shown me as more pudgy than my mental image.

Well, DS had dug out some shots of DH that I had asked about and lo - there was proof. I DID look much more slim at this weight about three years ago when I had more recently lost weight. I think it's been a general loss of tone because of lifestyle changes and overall stress. Or somehow a general shift of something or other. So I must remember that it's not all about the actual pounds - it's about the overall "fit" look (and feel) as well.

OK, now off to bed (recliner).
Old 03-26-2007, 08:55 AM   #78  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Fresh start Monday!

Good morning, Lovelies! Ahhhhh... such fresh breezes through the Spring Palace! Speaking of which, any thoughts on a new challenge focus? I'd be happy with a Summer solstice aim -- how does everyone else feel?

I did manage to squeeze off three fluffies over the spring challenge. Or re-squeeze, to be honest. BUT I can still meet my goal for July, but have to definitely step it up to do it. Often seems to be spring when I get my mojo back

Anagram, I'm so thrilled with your recuperation progress -- caneless already seems like a great victory!

Love the idea of the Fun report -- let's do it! Having the report to think of is SO much more likely to make it happen. Lesseee... what'll I do today? Something!

K, lies, I must be off. Let's make this a good one!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:16 AM   #79  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Fun...yesterday that was seeing just what plants are coming up from last years planting. The delphinium are showing new growth, as are the hostas, foxglove (a creamy yellow one) and the bees balm. I was clearing beds yesterday with DH...it is supposed to rain today, so that is good timing. We also laid on the grass and listened to the spring peepers....there is one right out in our ditch and of course he wouldn't sing 'til we'd laid there a while. Amazing that something so small can make so much sound!

I have to go walk and ruminate...the dogs are all out, and my co-worker is ill. Do I want to go in and cover for her? Even though that is illegal...no supper, no breaks and against Employment Standards? Not really. Must think on this.

Anagram, glad you're home. I see you're up all night too....
Rededication... Arabella. I'm in with you.
Quest for today...find some fun, water, walk and calories...same ol' song!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #80  

Hello all....

so glad to see so many of us are on the upswing.....

Anagram... how wonderful that you are home and doing so well. I remember being laid up and that wonderful feeling when the DR says " You can resume your usual activities"......

Fun report....

Rather than tell the NY Times I wanted a credit for papers that suddenly stopped comiing, I added Sunday delivery and am going to take the paper to work to read during my lunch hour. Am also hoping to take the paper down tot gym w/ me to read as I walk the treadmill...

And hopefully, that will be tomorrow.....

Here's a story I thought was a perfect good Morning thought for Monday

Thought of the day :

Mouse makes off with man's dentures
Associated Press

Posted Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 7:34 am
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Never underestimate a mouse's determination.

There's a mouse in Bill Exner's house that he says he has captured three
times. Each time, the mouse escaped, and the last time the rodent made off
with his lower dentures.

Exner, 68, said he and his wife Shirley scoured his bedroom after the
dentures disappeared from his night stand.

''We moved the bed, moved the dressers and the night stand and tore the
closet apart,'' he said. ''I said, 'I knew that little stinker stole my
teeth' --I just knew it.''

They found a small opening in a wall where they suspected the mouse was
coming and going, and their daughter's fiance, Eric Holt, stepped in to
help.

''He brought a crowbar and hammer and he sawed off a section of wood and
pulled up the molding and everything,'' Exner said. ''It was quite a job.''

They retrieved the dentures, and Holt suggested his future father-in-law
boil them in peroxide and whatever else he could find to disinfect it.

The mouse apparently isn't done. It frequently comes out and stares at
Exner, his wife said.

''He's taunting him -- I swear he's taunting him,'' Shirley Exner said.

Ok.....

Time to hit the shower
Old 03-26-2007, 09:41 PM   #81  

Rededication, summer meander - I'm in/up for it all. ceara, that lying in the grass thing sounds like lots of fun.

Fun for me today was browsing my newly arrived (finally) Elderhostel catalog. Sort of a good day today. Ended up doing more than anticipated getting things sorted out and back to as "normal" as I can with my stupid aerospace boot.

Also watching the bulb bed I can see from the family room door - seeing hints of yellow in the daffs and forsythia.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #82  
the sword bearer

Alrighty! Did not cover at work....and got a walk of more than 1 hour in, plus brushed out a dog...productive. For fun yesterday...besides the walk, I actually read a couple chapters in my book.. Been trying to do that since Wednesday!

Funny story Kaylets....nice to start the day with a chuckle. Good plan on the newpapers...we use them here as blotting agents for wet puppies. Who reads 'em? I scrounge them from friends for that purpose!

Anagra,...I'm watching my bulbs too! Only with my nose next to them...you will be soon.

Today...want to walk again, plus maybe wash said dog? Or brush a puppy? Am I nuts? YES! Off I go!

Last edited by ceara; 03-27-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #83  

Smile Happy Tuesday, Queenies!

Fun yesterday was going to choir practice, which I did -- instead of deciding I was too tired. I want to really KNOW this music in time for our May concert. And it's pretty complicated stuff! Nevertheless, I was happy to find that it didn't seem impossible. I've got the music at the computer and will practice here and there throughout the days.

That wasn't my planned fun -- I had intended to knock off work early and watch an episode of "Ghostly Encounters" without simultaneously working on the laptop. Howe'er, this and that intervened (as they will!) and DH was home before I got a chance. Might try to do that today...

I'm going to also try to get one pesky, energy-sapping task out of my life each day. Could be some cleaning task I haven't been getting to, sending a tax installment, putting in an expense report (last two here are must-dos by the end of the month -- ugh!)

Perfect day yesterday and looking at doing it again today. I'm a little short of sleep -- I find it hard to get to sleep right after practice and then the 5 a.m. wake-up usually gets me out of bed.

Ceara, I wish you lived closer! I've always got piles of newspapers for recycling. It's so blissful to get a chance to read a couple of chapters uninterrupted. What are you reading?

Anagram, how exciting to see some color coming in your gardens! And the elderhostel catalog sounds v. interesting, too.

Kaylets, that man's denture adventure reminded me of your comment last week about "how life can be sometimes."

K, Lovelies, I want to get out and walking before my coworkers come online and get in my way. It's mildish out there today, if a little on the grey side. I'll be back to post a new thread soon. Let's make this a good one!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #84  

So many fun things - spring is so easy that way, isn't it? It's a lovely warm day here for this one day only. My cane and I made our way slowly down the driveway to the mailbox and I talked to a couple of neighbor guys. Then my sweet young neighbor brought over some soup. Another just called to see if I needed anything. Another is driving me to an unexpected appt. tomorrow. I am indeed blessed.

Shy on sleep too - am getting ready to try the steps and get into my longlost bed. But I'm making me use common sense and wait until tomorrow night when DS will be here before I try trekking that wooden hill.

I did get to read maybe 3 books while at DDs. Took none of my own as she always has many. Nothing major - but light. Did enjoy "The Nanny Diaries".

I like the "awful job a day" approach too, WN. Do it first thing and feel so "free" the rest of the day even though you're so busy with other things. It's just that one thing off the list freedom. And the more unpleasant the better - extra points there.

No idea where I am weightwise but feeling better overall so that's all good. Am mostly puttering around still putting things here and there or sorting out the odd piece of paperwork. All in all, not in too bad shape for being away for so long. Cleaning lady did not show nor return my calls. When I last talked to her right before I left she was taking her Mom to emergency room so I'm hoping she's just momentarily "distracted" and will still return. She's been coming more than five years but I've been araid lately I'll lose her help as she works a full time job as well and her Mom has moved in with her, etc. Well, what is, is, I guess. But still have fingers crossed.

Must find yard work help - nice day to think about that.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #85  
the sword bearer

My intentions are just to stay strong to myself and my usual programme for the next few days. I did have wine and a few indiscretions over last week-end, and hoping that by being stellar on this one I can break the barrier! I am still 1 pound from a new decade...or 2 depending on how you look at that...2 if I want a new number...so 2 pounds away. Blither, blather. Very dangerous time for me...I haven't been in this neighbourhood since before I got prego with DS...so more that 19 years....a long time.

I did go to bed last night in an effort to stave off food...I had a banana with organic peanut butter (just peanuts!), because I was starving...or thought I was when I got home. Then of course I slept badly. I should follow my own rule of no food after 3 hours before I go to bed! Maybe I will try that these three days....and see if I sleep better...of course the moon is waxing, so that does not help. And the frogs are singing all night...it is noisy in my bedroom when the windows are open!

Sounds like you are getting it together Anagram! Hopefully the housekeeper comes through for you...I could use one of those some days!

'K...off to put the heathens into the runs and then visit my flowers...guess maybe I should get dressed first...housecoat and snow boots is not appropriate wear for the front yard!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #86  

Smile Queenly Hump Day

Good morning, Lovelies! Must be spring, this epidemic of not-sleeping going around the palace. I dragged my butt around the house all day yesterday but then late afternoon the fatigue just suddenly lifted. Which was great, except that it made me not want to go to sleep until after 10:30. Which would be okay, but for the blasted 5 a.m. alarum. I don't feel too badly today, in any case.

Fun yesterday was watching several episodes of "Ghostly Encounters" and "Rescue Mediums" while I did not-very-demanding work on the laptop. Hmmm... what shall I do to please myself today?

The sun actually made an appearance yesterday afternoon and we were above freezing. Now they're calling for snow tonight and tomorrow. But such-like CANNOT last forever. Can it? rettyplease:

Anagram, yes, it feels good to have even minor "awful things" off one's back. Yesterday I paid a tax installment and started some nec. paperwork. Today maybe I'll get that expense account taken care of... I'm so glad your nice neighbours are rallying round!

Ceara, I think your housecoat and boots sounds like a perfectly lovely morning ensemble ;-) Wow -- look at you go -- to a 19-year low! You'll get through that barrier. You're UNSTOPPABLE!

K, must away and do some work. Am allowing self to goof off a bit today, though, since I worked latish last night.

Let's make this a good one!
Old 03-29-2007, 07:16 AM   #87  
the sword bearer

Arabella, that ensemble is seen a lot in the back yard, complete with hubbies big down coat over it all throughout the winter and mismatched gloves, but it is not acceptable for the front yard. Someone might see me. We have about 8 busses of impressionable school children go past every weekday, I wouldn't want to scar them for life!

I saw an orange butterfly on my Tuesday trek, sunning itself on the road. Spring sign. And my siberian iris are trying to bloom...it is so blustery that they are having a hard time keeping it together! The price of beauty. They are a gorgeous deep purple, with a slight yellow tongue. And the croci are popping...I caged them this year so I could enjoy them, rather than the rabbits.

Anyway, I must be off....have provisions to gather in a nearby town, and a birthday present to think about....Brekkie and call my name! Have a great day ladies!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:19 AM   #88  

Post G'morning!

Somehow, today seems particularly humpy, even if it isn't hump day. Piles of work, a messy house, a snow storm outside. I'm officially grumpy again. Howe'er am going to work like a mad fiend to reclaim the day and get back to Have exercised, had brekkie, performed ablutions and got a load of laundry in. Now for ... everything else.

I've had spelt bread the last few days and I'm noticing a pattern. I was not a happy camper the last time I'd been lenient and then -- lo and behold -- as soon as I hit the Beach (South, that is) my good humor was magically restored within a day. Not sure whether it's a carb issue, glycemic load or what -- but it really seems to follow.

Ceara, I love Siberian iris! Well, I haven't met an iris I didn't like but I think they may be my favorite. Must get some this year I've got one brave bunch of crocuses up by the side of the house. Sweet little indigo/white striped ones. Hope they aren't too discouraged by the snow!

all ies -- Let's take this day and do our level best with it. Heigh-ho...
Old 03-29-2007, 09:40 AM   #89  

Hi, Ho, Hi Ho - that snow's got to go. No more snow for our Wood Nymph. Sunny, lovely here today - a bit brisk but won't be by afternoon. I'm looking forward to trekking sidewalk soon.

Made it upstairs last evening, HAD A SHOWER, SLEPT IN A BED. Now I must say, all that was FUN when it's been weeks. Leg glove did keep toes dry but not the rest of leg, as advertised. Maybe I didn't have straps tight enough. Anyway, I feel better for it. DS was here overnight and so I waited for him before I tackled stairs. Now, as I said, I think I'm going to venture to sidewalk soon.

FUN - looking at the daffs and hyacinth now in bloom - not many yet but once a few come, can the rest be far behind.

OOOOH, ceara - that is truly a wonderful place to be - YOUTH TERRITORY.
And a butterfly, ceara - a bonus.

That fashionable attire is oft seen in my driveway whilst I seek the paper. Of course, I'm careful to do that before school bus time so I don't warp the little ones - only scare the joggers and commuters that happen to pick the wrong time to pass.

Food healthy enough but still way too much. Muscles finding their normal places and recuperating. I'm really over the hump of this thing, Royals, and beginning to function on a more decent level. Three more weeks or so but always at an improving level. And with spring to help me through it all. So on I go, probably to vacuum after I empty dishwasher (all so thrilling!) - well they sort of are to me now because this is all sign of progress.

Just checked - trees in back yard are budding. Must spend some time on the patio of tranquillity today. (DS put out one chair for me so I'm ready.)

Onward, Royals, on the Road to Summer.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #90  
wsw

anagram-so glad your recovery continues to go well, and that you are once again safely and happily ensconced in your own home.

hi arabella, ceara, kaylets, flower, and to all our royals.

had to have a big, expensive repair done on my condo. a few days ago, which was/is very stressful financially. at least a/c repair is taken care of, though. have been staying op which has felt good, and sticking to regular exercise plan. it has been beautiful here lately with all the budding flowers. physically, i haven't been able to get out as much as i would have liked, but did get out among 'em yesterday, which i thoroughly enjoyed. even when i am not able to check in as often as i would like, i do think of you all. well, take care.
Closed Thread