Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:18 AM   #61  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Sounds like you are just trundling along wonderfully Anagram! It is always nice to be back in your own home! It is the stages...out of the hospital, to the inbetween place (my Mom's when I did this) and thence home. Nothing beats your own bed!

Didn't get in my walk yesterday...my heels are sore from being on them and in the same loafers for 2 days...am aiming for a long one today. Gotta boogey...my should be ready!

Have a great day all! (Where are ya'll?)

Old 03-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #62  

I say, quite quiet in the palace recently. I have little to add. Been eating too much since Sunday - had been doing really well until then. Only four days until home if all keeps going well.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #63  

Hello all.....

Seems like its been forever....

We had another icey noreaster type of deal. DH came to pick me up from work and it took us 2hrs to get part way home. We stopped at the diner and ate and watched the bumper to bumper traffic. An hour later, it was a tiny bit looser but still very, very heavy traffic and the sleet was freezing everywhere and everything. By moring we had about 4-5 inches of frozen slush. Frozen hard. Wouldnt even budge when I walked on it.

Meanwhile, DH had been fighting a "chest cold"....By Sat we realized it was a form of the flu... He has to be very careful what type of Over the counter pills to take. I found a couple to get him thru until he felt well enough to drive me to the store to get him more.The truck is a stick shift. I havent driven a stick in 30 yrs and an ice storm is not a good time to learn!
By Sunday, it was obvious DH was going to be sleeping most of Sunday too.

Too bad my car was still at my job. I asked someone to take me to my car but that wasnt possible. Sad when you realize that a friendship is just onesided.
By about 10 DH woke up and decided he needed to go to his office for an hour or so. Once he was showered and still sure he wanted to go, I said "Ok, then take me to my car'.... wasnt till we were on the road I shared w/ him about the "friend" turing me down.

SO...

And...looks like our upstairs bathroom is leaking. thru the downstairs ceiling.
enough to make the carpet downstairs very very wet in a certain spot....

SOOOOOO>.....

Glad all is well with the rest of the royals.

Glad the flu has past on both coasts ( Wsw and Flower), that Anagram is getting better and better and that Woodnymph is enjoying time with her DH, and Ceara, jogging!!

Take care all!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #64  
the sword bearer

Hi! Kaylets...there isn't a little cloud following you around is there? Geesh. Some friend. Hope the leak is esily fixed...we had a pin hole in copper piping a couple years ago....what a pain. It was from the days of the sulphur well...sulphur and copper don't mix well....

Yes Anagram...it is quiet here....Flower is moving south...so she's offline. where Arabella is these days, and wsw checks in periodically. Punkin hasn't been around for ever....although she was doing very well last I saw her.

I've got a busy day shaping up, and 2 kiwi fruit are not going to hold me long! Gotta go!

Old 03-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #65  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Fly-by postie. Doing okay -- had some emotional "issues" come up that resulted in me going off the rails for a few days. Back on again now, having a nice cup of Perfectly Pear White tea.

I'm stuck at 3 pounds off for the Spring Fling -- which we've reached, freezing temps. or no.

I did have a nice thing happen, though -- I had about 6 pots of bulbs sitting in the unheated porch that were earmarked for the garden last year. They never made it in and I thought they were probably kaput. But, lo and behold, when I looked at them the other day I saw a couple of brave shoots sticking their noses up. And today, I see the same in all the pots. This despite a winter in a freezing porch and no water since last spring! Wow -- there's a lesson there somewhere, I'm sure.

Ceara, you've done great on your challenge. Very inspiring! I'm 100% today for the first time in a while. I shall emulate your path to victory.

Anagram, so glad you're recovering well. I bet it will be good to get back home, though. And I'm sure you'll have plenty of visitors to help until you're back up to speed.

Kaylets! Wow, you've had an awful time of it lately! Your travel stories have been enough to make a body just want to crawl into bed and hibernate until it's REALLY spring -- you know, warm weather, sunshine, that kind of thing?

WSW, hope you've recovered! Is the weather lovely where you are?

Is Flower in transit yet?

K, Lovelies, I must get back to work. It continues insane as always -- getting yanked out of one emergency project for another and constant pressure to produce more, more, more. Beam me up, Scotty.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #66  
the sword bearer

Arabella! You should bring that pot indoors and put it in a sunny window...they would be like forced bulbs and you might have flowers before Easter! Water would help.

Flower is in transit. The rest of us are just bumbling along. I've got a million head projects and no time so must be off...besides the heathens are pretending that they are gerbils...I hear paper ripping up there.....
Old 03-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #67  

Smile Good morning, Queenlies!

One good day down and I feel SOOOO much better It's amazing how that works. I'm doing a South Beach-y flour-less, sugarless, no artificial ingredient kind of thing. Started my yoga, did a little work, puttered a bit. I'm heading out for a walk in a few minutes before the rains begin. Will meditate and finish yoga this aft.

Ceara, thanks for the advice! That's just what I'll do, too. I had a dozen daff bulbs in the back of the fridge that a neighbour gave me, too. This morning I lined a big basket with plastic, filled with soil and planted 'em up. I love spring bulbs!

I gotta git before DH is home a' lookin' for lunch.

Queenies all! Let's make this a good one!

Old 03-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #68  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Checking in from my mil's computer. {{wave}}

Hubby gets here TOMORROW! Today I am 38! We load the van Saturday! So much going on in one little week. I miss you all already! Take care, stay healthy. Hope spring returns to you all soon. {{{{hugs}}}}
Old 03-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #69  

Talking Happy Birthday, Flower!

Wow, 38! What a nice age! And we already know this is going to be an exciting year for you. Have a wonderful celebration -- tomorrow too!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #70  
the sword bearer

Happy Birthday to Flower! What an exciting time of year for you! Have a great reunion!

Am in a hurry...what else is new? The internet connection is quite slow, we've had one minor power glitch and my computer froze. I should just go for a walk!

Have a great day
Old 03-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #71  
wsw

happy birthday, flower!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:32 AM   #72  

Hello all.....

Went to see my nephew in Man of La Mancha again this past Thursday. The play has evolved some, movements on stage altered, etc.... Everything seemed so much tighter and polished.
Which makes sense since they've done nearly 90 performances since the last time we saw this them.
At the last minute, my brother-in-law and niece drove from CT to NJ to take my nephew back to CT with them. The tour was heading there the next day and this way my nephew had a few extra hours with his family.
And for us, we were able to visit with them too.

So, I too have "been off the rails" but like Don Quixote, am back to "My Quest"...

Hoping Anagram is doing well....

And hoping Flower is enjoying her trek across the country....

Ceara, Wsw, and Wood Nymph....
LETS MAKE IT A GREAT SUNDAY!

Tra la!
Old 03-25-2007, 10:21 AM   #73  

HOME, HOME, BLISSFUL HOME. DS brought me in last night and things seem good already. He's getting ready to hit the road to see wife who's taking care of her Mom after surgery. Then back here before home.

Treated like royalty by daughter, princesses crying because I left. But so much more pleasure in being home. And bulbs popping up!!!!! Including the ones DS and I planted last fall by "our" bench in the cemetery. And our mum survived.

I am planning a week of further recuperating (in some senses) but am starting on intake immediately. Not perfect but more in line with my usual stuff. JOY, FUN to be prime ingredients. Right now HOME is FUN enough but a slow read of the papers, a few phone calls, etc. and slowly, slowly sorting through stuff. In better shape already than I expected to be so things are going well. Will tackle a bit of THE LIST tomorrow and also catch up on posts as time goes by.

SPRING is so NICE, NICE, NICE.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:58 PM   #74  

Smile Spring IS nice!

Not, mind you, that it's above freezing here today. But it's bright and sunny and supposed to be over the freezing mark tomorrow. I guess I'll take it!

We've had a total love-fest with our new relatives. I can't believe how perfectly she fits in to the family. And she's very happy to be part of us, too, which is neat. She looks like all of us, is a reader and a writer and has done some theatre, etc. You would think she'd always been around.

DH and I went out to the Culinary Institute for dinner last night. It was very good -- and so was I. No banned substances. Pistachio-crusted scallops on polenta and julienned vegetables, preceeded by crab cakes on baby greens w. vinaigrette. A couple of glasses of very good wine. And an extra 10-minute stroll there and back. The restaurant overlooks the harbour and the sun was just setting beyond as we finished. Nice! And I didn't have to cook or clean up.

Anagram, I'm so happy that you're happily back in your nest again. Sounds lovely! And I'm also very glad that the surgery went well, you're recovering nicely. And it's over! Hurrah!

Kaylets, yup, the quest! We shall be SVELTE!!!

Ceara, hope your computer glitch was fleeting. Can you get high-speed there? I know that Netscape has a high-speed dial up that's supposed to be 19 times faster than the cold-molasses dial-up I remember. Ugh.

WSW, how are you doing?

I think I'm going to try to whip off my first outdoor set of tai chi...

Love!

Old 03-26-2007, 03:24 AM   #75  

Now, that meal, walk, view sound like FUN to me. How lovely! And just how marvelous can it be to find that someone you never knew IS someone you've always known. What a genuine GIFT! So happy for all.

Springlike weather here. Not the above average we had an occasional day here or there to tease us. Just the feeling that all's going to burst forth any minute now. Of course, I've mostly (totally?) been inside but yesterday was nice enough to have the front door open a little and look out. I'm going caneless most of the time, just not doing stairs yet. Straightened out my surroundings to fit current lifestyle and got enough rest - - is there ever enough?

Sis showed up w/a mite of stew which I'll have for lunch. Diet much improved yesterday, water, etc. better. Exercise too but only in the sense that I did more walking around the house, up and down from recliner, etc. Still, it's more than in two/three weeks. And in a sense, that was FUN.

So - how about a FUN REPORT, Queenlies. WN has had some, I see, and I think the return of Flower's beloved would be much FUN. And certainly Kaylet's trip to see nephew in show and also see other family. So let's keep our eyes open for the opportunities and find a little more FUN in every day. That does seem to be the hard part for some of us to remember though we do seem to be a FUN group over all.

I must report that I had fun while at DDs because I introduced Princess Ten to embroidery and she just seemed to take to it. Might not last but for now she made me feel we shared a fun interim.

Well, this mid o nite session with the Royals has been fun but I think it would be better healthwise if I got some more sleep so back to the family room for me.
Closed Thread