Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #16  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Well, she wanted my house for next to nothing! Sorry, I can't afford to give it away. I supposeably have a showing tonight but have no idea when. guess I will be home for it as I don't know when I need to be gone. lol

I finally got my period! Only 3 weeks late. This hopefully will make me feel a bit less bloated and maybe make the scale go down another pound. Woohoo!

Not sure if you all know this or not, my teenager was being EXTREMELY difficult and I decided to let him live with his aunt in CA. This was Halloween. Well, he is being worse, not better so I will be retrieving him either when I move or in June when school is over for the year. I hate having him switch schools yet again, or I would bring him home right this second. I can't tell him or his brothers he is coming home yet, or no one will behave until the action is completed. Parenting is sooo hard sometimes. He just turned 17. Another year, I sure hope he grows up in a year or he will no have a clue on how to survive in the real world. I know some day we will be friends again, but the waiting is sooo hard. (this is causing me so much heartbreak) Life will be difficult with him back, esp as I know he will be kicking and screaming the entire time. His well being, safety means more to me wether he likes me or not.

That is what is on my mind right now. I sure hope the universe smiles on me sometime soon. There is only so much stress I can deal with at once.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:48 AM   #17  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

I like the ticker Flower...very springy and delicate looking! And decreasing! Too bad on DS...mine is 19 and didn't cause too many problems, but I figure I don't know everything he did either! He isn't a bad kid...nice young man. Hopefully yours gets through the growing pains and will settle down too! You are right, parenting is hard.

Ok....a new month. It is freezing rain here...I'm sure my walk will be very pleasant this morning. (tongue in cheek). I will have to find a slicker and needless to say I will be staying on the paved, puddle strewn part of the road...as opposed to the slick gravel parts. They were just nicely dry yesterday...sob!

Avanti ladies! Carpe Diem!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:51 AM   #18  
wsw

so far so good sticking with my plan.hi to everyone. just a quick check in this morning, since not feeling too well. will be back soon, and hope to respond more individually to you. in meantime, please know i am thinking of you all. take good care.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #19  
you can call me flower

On my open house there was a second party who loved my home. She already placed an offer on another house. Well, we just found out her sale fell thru and she is seeing my house again tomorrow. Fingers crossed! (I am taking this as a GOOD sign!)

I want to know why a WW 1 point taco soup recipe is so darn filling yet nothing else in the world is for 1 point. lol I do add a few things to it like a sprinkling of cheese and chips and ff sour cream. But it is so full filling!

I looked in the mirror today and realized my favorite tinkerbelle sweatshirt is entirely too big on me. It will be hard to say goodbye. But I should be able to find a replacement easy enough. It has a bleach stain and on black, not the most attractive thing. lol

I bought new undies yesterday. Same size as before but not stretched out. My others were riding up on the cheeks. Not a fun look either! I got satin/lace ones. Ooh la la

Is spring around the corner? I sure hope so! 21 days til my birthday. Yippy! How come 38 seems so much older than 37?

I am rambling, have a great day ladies!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #20  
the sword bearer

Yeah Flower! You are doing so great! I agree, time to get a new sweat shirt! I've been re-saling just because I'm going through clothes faster than I wear them out, so I need to get things on the cheap. Can't complain though...at least the sizes are getting smaller! Good news on the house also....

Hope you feel better wsw....this weather can't be helping you much. Hang in there!

OK...gotta fly...the weekly brekkie is this am and I have 2 pies in the oven and I need to walk (swim!?!) at least 20 minutes...the ditches are overflowing....snow blocked and we got a fair amount of rain...yah-hah!

Old 03-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #21  

Had a loverly lunch today - unfortunately in this case, loverly translates into millions of calories. Friend was known to proprietor who plied us with free wine (I only had one glass but usually have none - I'm off several of my meds at the moment so it was a good time to have some). Plus a complementary chocolate truffle (after we'd split a dessert). Can you still hear the thud reverberating?

Looks like a good sign on the house for sure, flower. Pies sound good, ceara. What kind? Yum,yum.

Weather very springlike today. Aaaah...................
Old 03-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #22  
you can call me flower

Well, she rescheduled.

BUT I got a new dress today and it wasn't in a plus size store. WOOHOO!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:10 AM   #23  
the sword bearer

Rhubarb and apple. The house (and the van whilst transporting) smelled really good. It was all I could do to not pull over and just pig out!

Ok, the dinner mystery was good last night....tonight to go and we shall be finished! Ya-ha. I have to work today and have a gazillion things to do...
Old 03-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #24  
you can call me flower

I have never had Rhubarb, someday I will have to be adventuresome and try it.

I tried all my clothes on again today. Friends of MS will be in the neighborhood on Monday and I was sure I could donate a bit. (Of course I donated more than a bit, I have way too much-family of 6 has way too much always) I was much happier on how everything fit this time around and I could tell if I would wear it or not now. I tried everything on in front of a full length mirror. It wasn't enough that I could button/zip it, it had to make me feel good. I am content now. I need new shoes to go with my new found waredrobe, lol. It is always something, isn't it?
Old 03-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #25  

Rhubarb and apple, how luscious. Never had that combo. Love rhubard/strawberry. Now, enough of that, anagram!

So good your new dress is in that other size range, flower. Seems so much like a whole new life, no?

Two more days until I leave. Busy as a beaver getting stuff together for my peace of mind and comfort while I'm gone. I really hate to leave my home. There's still some comfort of DH here. But it's a no choice thing so will bite bullet.

Tomorrow will be 50 years since I first met the love of my life and I'm working hard today so I have lots of time tomorrow for good memories and sort of celebrating. Then it's on to the next adventure. I'll be home in about two and a half weeks so it's not a tremendously long time but it seems so.

But the sky is blue and it looks like a lovely day today so I WILL work in some kind of FUN. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble getting that in.

Maybe we should declare a ROYAL FUN DAY at some point. Now what we'd do or how we'd manage it all at the same time I don't know but I'm going to spend some of my recuperation time thinking about it. Had ticket to see Irish Rovers next week with DS/DBIL and had been looking forward to that as a fun thing. Timing of surgery means a good friend of hers gets to enjoy instead. Also a friend had suggested we travel together to see the King Tut exhibit in Philly. So now she's made other plans to go. However, I ROYALLY promise you that once I can drive again (in late April-early May) the FUN genes are going to kick in. Long neglected - maybe they've atrophied and will need exercise to return to full blast.

Since I'm still off the meds, I just think I may have a little Scotch tonight. One fun thing anyway and I almost never have a drink any more. Music, Scotch, sounds promising.

QUEENS RULE

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY
Old 03-04-2007, 11:28 AM   #26  
you can call me flower

Two and half weeks isn't that long, time will go quickly! {{hugs}}

Yep, my new dress is a XL so approx a 16-18. I looked at my old WW materials the other day and my last WI at a meeting (when I found out I was pg with Jack) I was 211! The other day I was 184.5! Woo hoo! I am hoping Wednesdays WI is a bit lower. I don't like Monday WI's cause Sunday is the day I use my flex points as I start over on Mondays. lol

A ROYAL FUN day is definately a good thing to start planning! When would a good day be for you?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #27  
the sword bearer

Ok you guys. There were 2 pies...one apple and 1 rhubarb. Although apple/rhubarb might be good.....

Have had a long week-end...am going to finish up, log my calories and see how I stand. Bed beckons!

Old 03-05-2007, 08:59 AM   #28  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Post Fresh start Monday!

Tired again. I think I'm fighting a cold. Gosh, some energy would be useful I did walk over to the gym do the circuit training, come home and do yoga, though. So I've got that much done, anyway. I had a couple of substantial slices of spelt bread both days on the weekend and I wonder, once more, if that's just too much. I won't eat bread through the week at least and we'll see if that makes a difference. Scale's also stuck... I'm down 1 pound so far for my challenge. Gonna have to move to make it...

On the bright side, it's a lovely day today. Fluffy and sparkly snow dusting trees, a white fog lifting up from the water in the harbour and the trees around in swirly mist against the sunrise. And not punishingly cold, either.

Ceara, your pies sound awfully good! There's nothing better than rhubarb pie with ice cream! Not that I would eat such a thing, of course.

Anagram, I'm positively perishing for a Royal Fun Day! Let's try to figure out a way to do it. Even if we just devoted ourselves to having as much fun as we could on the specified day and reported in. Do you want to wait until you've recuperated?

I love your celebrations of anniversaries with your DH -- it's such a wonderful way to remember him and so life-affirming! May you feel his presence today

Flower, keeping fingers crossed for you and the house sale! I feel for you with your troubles with DS -- truly, is there anything in the world more painful than problems with our kids? I have to say, though, I'm simply in awe of the way you're handling all of this -- and losing weight in the midst of it? You ROCK!

WSW, hope you're feeling better! Sometimes I feel like I could conquer the world if I just felt well. Maybe best for the world that I'm not up to it most of the time

Kaylets, how goes the battle?

K, Dovies, I must get to woik. Loves yas!

Old 03-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #29  
you can call me flower

Arabella, hope you aren't getting a cold. This household has had them back to back the last 6 weeks. So hard to recover. My throat is sore today but could just been from mouth breathing last night, lol.

Today is the day I THOUGHT hubby was coming to get me. Part of me is wishing he got on the plane anyways and will be calling at 11 from the airport. I know it won't happen as he has to be back at work in a day (he has 3 day weekends) but still miss him terribly. Will have to be on the watchout for mindless eatting today.

My legs are sore today. I caulked a ton yesterday and the ladder usage kicked my butt! I am going to try and get in a walk today. Hope the weather cooperates!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:26 PM   #30  
wsw

arabella-hope you aren't getting sick again.

anagram-i will be thinking of you when you have your surgery, and hope your recovery will be speedy and smooth.

yesterday was my (54th) birthday. i really had a nice time. one friend took me out for brunch. a couple of other friends took me for a little drive in the afternoon and then out for dinner. they brought me gorgeous spring flowers which filled up 5 large vases, and smell just divine. i have them all over the living room and bedroom. it was nice waking up to the scent of spring flowers and eucilyptis. i am worn out today after my big day yesterday, but it was worth every tired moment.

well, i did splurge yesterday with birthday cake, but had planned for it. today, back on the more straight and narrow. hello to all our royals. thinking of you. take care.
Closed Thread