Old 02-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Cheryl I'd send you some warmth but we don't have any here either!! What a cold and rainy year for PHX. I'm glad you got your power back!!

Cuddling up with a precious little dog...now that sounds like Heaven!

Crazy here - I'll explain another time. Just want you guys to know I'm thinking about you and anxious to hear what's happening at WW and on the scales at home.

Hugs
Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Hi gals, so glad it is Friday. Seems like the week went by fast but it has just been one of "those" weeks.

HY: I hope your little dog is feeling better. Glad you are working on your program so intently. Hope you have a good weekend.

CHERYL: This cold weather is wearing me out. Glad your electricity was only out for 4 hours, it can get darn cold in that short amount of time, but sounds like you had the perfect answer, a good book and a cuddly furry friend.

I seem to have the winter blahs something terrible this week. Just don't seem to care about a darn thing. Been busy at work but so many are sick and they bring it with them, just wish they'd stay home. It is -22 with the wind chill this morning and I would have loved to stay home by my wood stove and curled up with my little dog, she loves to be cuddled, and my book. Going to be a very cold weekend so won't be venturing out.
My GD got Winter Coronation Queen last weekend, she was really excited,
just wish I could have been there to see it, she did send a picture in her
e-mail though. She also got accepted into the local college there and she is trying out for their show choir next week. Still having a hard time believing
that she is that age. Maybe that is part of my blues.
I had better get busy, have a load in the washer and have one more to do before lunch time.

Hope you both have a great weekend and I will talk to you on Monday.

DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #33  

Donna, I don't know about you, but I'm so tried of this cold weather. Anything over 20 degrees I can live with, but this -20 or more I certainly feel in my knee. Had to venture out to town and get new license plates since my Hubby lost one on Monday night when he hit a deer and our tags expired yesterday. If we didn't have a meeting to go to tonight, I wouldn't of left the house. So very cold out!! I have heard on the TV today that if the winds pick up, the state police will close the interstate. They are saying that we could be -50 below with the wind chill tonight. All I can say is BRRRrrrrrrrr!!!
Wish I had a wood stove to cuddle up to. Enjoy your weekend.

Hy...I love to cuddle up with my little Ozzy. I had to get his booties out for him to wear when he goes outside. He doesn't like them, but I think he is glad that I make him wear them once he get's outside on the ice. It doesn't take him long to do his business.
Hope you have a great weekend as well.

I plan on getting some machine embroidery work done on some placemats this weekend that I'm doing for my daughters birthday. I'm also doing respite care for a 8 year old girl for the next 10 days. she is very sweet and I don't think we will have any problems with her. I just have to find things to keep her busy.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #34  

We had some cable problems (and therefore computer issues) at our house this past week...

Have been getting up and walking each morning (my Feb. plan) and it has been great, since the weather here is perfect for that right now. Staying with 5 days a week tho as I like having weekends off!

Hope everyone else is staying warm where you are at (not very easy!!). Don't be envious of our weather - just wait until summer rolls around here LOL!

Hugs to all Have a great weekend!

Hy
Old 02-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #35  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi I am new to the group and was looking for an over 50's group. Anyone here from Canada? I am from British Columbia and am looking forward to getting to know some of you. I am doing the Zone and seem to be stuck at not getting past the 220's. Would like to see the end of the 2's period. Boy it is hard to lose weight at this age. Whew!!
Jude
hijude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #36  
Day at a Time

How do you change the weight loss slider and keep it there?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:16 AM   #37  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING CHICKIES !!

JUDE, We are always glad to have someone new join us. We will do our best to keep you motivated and on the right track. As for how to change your weight loss slider, I'm not sure I'm the one to ask, I haven't gotten to change mine for so long now that I have forgotten.

CHERYL, Yes I am about to go crazy here. It has been foggy for 3 days and now today we are having freezing drizzle and they are calling for 3-4 more inches of snow I really want to see Spring !!!!. We did go out to the river and cut firewood on Saturday morning. It was pretty chilly, but in amongst the trees you don't get the wind so it was "kind" of fun to play out in the fresh air and get some exercise. I hurt so bad by Saturday night I thought I might not get out of bed yesterday. We went to the Senior Center for chicken dinner, they were having a fund raiser, oh yummy !!!!!

HY: I'm sure you are enjoying getting out to walk in the mornings, good for you.
That is really my favorite time to get with it but it is just too icy here yet.
And no you are right we won't envy you when summer comes and you tell us it is 105 out

JUDE: None of us are from Canada, but that doesn't mean we don't love ya
You are so right, it just gets harder and harder to lose as we get older, but if we struggle together it sure makes the journey easier.

Sorry I've been MIA. Been really busy at work, which is a good thing. I kept at my exercises only fairly last week and I didn't eat real good either, so when I weighed myself on Saturday morning, I had gained back that darn pound that I keep playing with. Guess I'm going to have to get tough so I can kick it out for good and then maybe I can get going again.

Here's some for all of us this week. Let's make this an extra good week, and don't enjoy the Valentine's candy too much.

DONNA
Old 02-13-2007, 10:46 PM   #38  

Welcome Jude

And Hi! to everyone else

Yep, I am sticking with the walking 5 days a week and have made the time alloted managable and stuck with it so I feel good about this As you know this time of year is our nice weather and it's up to me to take advantage of this!! Anyway, I am just happy to be able to walk and move around.

No, no "goodies" for me for Valentine's Day - that's a rule here. Sweets are not my friend and that's been the case for a VERY long time. For those lucky to be able to eat that stuff, well goody for them, but I'm just not able to indulge.

Need to get a new pair of walking shoes - I like new balance and have a pair but realized that I am wearing them for just about everything

Hy
Old 02-14-2007, 09:27 PM   #39  

Happy Valentines Day

Sorry I have been MIA. Got my socks knocked off for the second time with the flu. I have been sick since last week, chills, fever, horrible cough and headache. Today is the first day that I really feel like I'm getting better, but still light headed. I did go to my weight watchers meeting and I loss 4.9 lbs. I'm soooooooo excited about that!!

Jude... . I'm looking forward to getting to know you, and yes it is very hard at our age to loose the weight. To change your slider, click user cp, click edit signature. Scroll down to box where your ticker is written in code. change your current weight and scroll down to save signature and click it. Your done. Hope this helps.

Donna...At least you are able to get out and cut wood. We are still in the subzero temps. It was so cold this morning that my suburban wouldn't start and it was plugged in. With wind chill, I believe we were -35 at 9am. We only got to -11 for a high today. We are suppose to get a couple inches of snow tonight and and maybe warm up to 30 by Sunday. I can hardly wait.

Hy...You lucky lady!! I soooooo envy you for your warm weather and to be able to go out and walk. I'm hoping by the end of March I'll be able to go out walking and not freeze to death.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #40  
Day at a Time

Default Happy Valentines Day

What a tough day to stay on track! Would you believe that they had a chocolate fondue fountain at my work today for everyone. What a challenge this day was. The only good thing was that I had salmon for dinner.
So I am the only Canadian eh? Well I live on the west coast about 2 blocks from the ocean and it is lovely here. It is cold and rainy right now but spring should be here any day. I find it really hard to get out to the gym when the weather is bleak. I need to go before work and so that is the problem.
I lived in Manitoba as a kid so I know how cold North Dakota is. There is a new lady on the site that I have met and told her about this thread but she has not seem to have found it yet. She is from Chicago.
This site is huge and you get lost easy.
So here is to a better day tomorrow. The fountain will be gone thank goodness. Hope you all did well.
Good for you Hy for walking 5 days a week. That is all you need.
Hope you are feeling better Cheryl.
And Donna this place where you live sounds so interesting. Are you out in the country?
Talk to you all again soon.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #41  

Jude...Hope you are having a better day today. Chocolate fondue fountain, just thinking about it makes me At least you finished the day off with a piece of nice salmon. I fixed grilled steak and a salad for my family.

I'm a native Oregonian and moved to North Dakota 9 years ago and miss the west coast very much. Plan on moving back when my hubby retires in six years.

Down 2 more pounds this morning, so I'm moving the ticker.

Cheryl
Old 02-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #42  

Oh CHERYL, YOU ARE DOING SOOOO WELL. CONGRATS, YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE YOUR GRADUATION GOAL FOR SURE. HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER, THAT DARN FLU HAS REALLY BEEN AFTER YOU THIS YEAR.
WILL WE EVER BE ABLE TO GO OUTSIDE FOR A WALK? IT IS SUPPOSE
TO WARM UP HERE LATER TODAY BUT RIGHT NOW WE ARE HAVING SOME FREEZING RAIN !!!! WIND IS GOING TO BE ABOUT 30 - 35 MPH TILL MIDNIGHT. I THINK IT'S TIME WE ALL GO VISIT HY.

HY; GET READY FOR US GLAD YOU ARE ABLE TO STICK TO YOUR WALKING 5 DAYS A WEEK, THAT WILL HELP GET THINGS KICK STARTED. I'M A BIG FAN OF NEW BALANCE TENNIES TOO. THEY JUST SEEM TO MAKE MY FEET LESS TIRED THAN SOME OF THE OTHER BRANDS. THAT IS THE BRAND THAT WE RECOMMEND HERE AT OUR CLINIC FOR OUR PATIENTS ALSO.

JUDE: I'M 60 AND HAVE LIVED IN NEBRASKA MY ENTIRE LIFE. BEEN MARRIED TO MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART FOR 43 YEARS. MOTHER OF 2 DAUGHTERS AND GRANDMOTHER OF 1 GRANDDAUGHTER AND 2 GRANDSONS.
GRANDDAUGHTER WILL GRADUATE FROM HIGH SCHOOL IN MAY. I AM A
RECEPTIONIST AND AIDE IN A PHYSICAL THERAPY OFFICE, WHICH IS WHERE I DO MOST OF MY EXERCISING, AT LEAST TILL THE WEATHER LETS ME GET OUTSIDE AND WALK AGAIN.

HOPE ALL OF YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. I'M FEELING A LITTLE UNDER THE WEATHER TODAY SO I MAY JUST SLEEP THIS WEEKEND.TALK TO YOU ON MONDAY.

DONNA
Old 02-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #43  

Cheryl sending get well wishes to you - that flu sounds nasty!! Hope you are feeling much better. Also congrats on your continuing weight loss - I know you have worked hard for this so woo-hoo and all that good stuff!!!

Jude I hear you about the "helpful" souls that set up choc. fondue fountains What are they thinking?????? Well, we all live in this world and it seems to be a constant occurance, so it sounds like you handled it well and at least you are aware of what's good for you and what isn't so good for you On that subject, my DH...yes, my DH that KNOWS better...got me a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day!!!! I'm sorry to say I wasn't a very gracious gift recipient - lol. Wow, just when you think you know someone....

Donna your weather sounds terrible!!! Yes, perhaps I should have a camp for you all over the winter months - lol. We will get ours tho once summer hits the desert I hope you feel better and yes, sometimes it's best to just stop, shut down everything and take the weekend off...an example I may also follow.

The walking 5 days a week has been great - not all that strenous or anything but a great way to start the morning. I have a treadmill and do use it, but honestly the time goes so much more quickly when you're outdoors, imo.

Have a great weekend all and hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Hy
Old 02-17-2007, 02:09 PM   #44  
Day at a Time

Good Morning Ladies.
It has been nice that you have all shared something about yourselves. It is the weekend and I had a good day yesterday with my food. I am doing the Zone and it will be a lifestyle for me. I feel better eating less refined carbs and more veggies. I am trying to get to below 200 pounds by summer. I have been trying for a while. I think having this group for support will help. I tried WW but went too many times and just did not stick with it. Next week I plan to get out to the gym. I go in the morning so it is just about getting up and doing it. I have been struggling with sleep and so it is hard to get up. But I do know that if I lose some weight I will sleep better. It is that first push that is so hard. Off to do some housework. Hope you are all feeling well and have a good weekend. The sun is coming out here!!
Jude
Old 02-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #45  

Good morning ladies, can't believe it is Monday morning again so soon. Boy this weekend sure went by fast, at least for me it did. The temp made it up to 46 and I loved it. Went for a walk,still a little trecherous,but not bad. I even had my kitchen window open for awhile,sure improved my mood. I did weigh myself on Sat. and I lost 1/2 pound, hey I will take it. It all adds up in the end,right.

Hope all of you had a good weekend.

Jude; I didn't answer your question about if I lived in the country. No, we live in a small town,4600,in central Nebraska. We are on Interstate 80 and the North Platte River flows south of town. We have friends that own some land along the river and they allow us to cut firewood there. In fact we went out again Saturday morning. It is so beautiful down there, or will be when the snow is all gone. You can see all kinds of wild life and I love listening to the birds in the Spring. Once in awhile I catch a glimpse of a cardinal.Since we have had a lot of snow, if it gets warm like in the 60's in
late April or early May the Morell mushrooms should be abundant this year.
They are so good but lots of work to find,bad thing is the best way to fix them is to deep fat fry them.But like corn on the cob, it's a short season.
Good thing is you can't buy them in the store, you have to go hunt them for yourself,so you get some exercise too.

Well girls I have carried on long enough,better go and do a load of laundry this morning. Have a wonderful day. DONNA