Old 12-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #31  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

morning everyone! im off today
stopeating i always read womans world but lately it seems like its all saying the same thing
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #32  
Goodbye Fat!

Default Non-Scale Victory

My cholesterol is normal!!!!

I am so excited about this. I was at the hospital the other day and they had a blood drive so I donated. Plus I was able to get my cholesterol checked and guess what?!?!?!? I have lowered it from 265 to 181. I just might call my doctor and tell her...she would be so excited for me! This is just more motivation to pass up those fries!

stopeating: Way to go on job, you get dancing carrots too. I can relate to changing jobs, I did that a year ago, and I was really attached to the people I worked with too. I have kept in touch with alot of them. The change was good for me and I am enjoying my new job.

Jasmine: I am up for the V-Day Challenge! Do you think you should post it in the Chicks up for a Challenge area too?

Last edited by dollypie; 12-29-2006 at 11:34 AM.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #33  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

wooohooo dollypie!!!

I would love to have a normal reading!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

A huge congrats Dollipie!!!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #35  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Canuk ~ Oh, I've already got plans on how I'm going to decorate for the holidays next year when I have my own place! LOL I love Woman's World! Usually don't pay much attention to the diets cause I'm a sucker for a fad diet but I love clipping the recipes and tips.

StopEating ~ Movies for you too? That was my plan since I have to work New Years Day. CONGRATULATIONS on the job!

Jasmine ~ You have Netflix too?! OMG I'm doing the free trial right now and I LOVE it! It's SO fast and I've already viewed three movies that were on my 'maybe' list for purchase and now I'm only going to buy one. It's saving me some money!

Hey Mia and Ennay!

Dolly ~ Congratulations sweetie!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:48 PM   #36  

someone please stop me i just signed up for the discovery health challenge thing with the 8week free pass to bally's well i dont have a bally's here
so why did i sign up? it has meal plans and tracking but i know this stuff already. Everytime there is a new plan or theory i want to test it but when it all boils down its all about the same so i ask why do I even put myself thru the fat free foods, and trying to count calories and fat? i think i shoud just find healthy alternatives of the things i like and maybe track it with the weight watchers method until i can judge for myself what a decent calorie meal looks like
what do you guys think?

hi JasonsLea
StopEating- i plan on going on bourbon street on new years with my hubby(i may get a drink on too but at least the walking would be exercise)
dollypie- thats great news our goal isnt just weight loss but for a healthy life as well
Old 12-29-2006, 08:14 PM   #37  

I'm going to push up my weigh-in day to Sunday. I weighed myself this morning and I was 180, so I may make it to my goal of 179 by the end of this month (2 days, lol) with TOM coming to an end.
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:09 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone, cholesteral down Dollypie, that is fabulous and not easy to do. Stopeating, way to go with the job, leaving one job for another is a little scarey, but you can't let the people you like working with hold you back, you can still stay friends with them (as dollypie mentioned) and you will be making new friends as well, what a way to start the new year!!! Calejo, your doing so great, I bet you will be down again on Sunday.

Miafluker can you get out of the sign up, stating the reason's you have to us?
I think maybe your right (Us) just sticking to one type of diet, would be alot easier. I am a lost cause this week, so have decided to wait till the first and get back on track with the Valentine's Day Challenge. Only I don't know much about how you work them, can you fill me in please? I'm up one and a 1/2 lbs today and am sure will be up again tomorrow. Oh well 2 days to go till the first and a new start. How many are doing the challenge? I am still having problems exercising, with this stupid broken body. Anybody know any exercises for the left side only, that is my good side, good arm and leg. ha ha. Jasonlea, I am sure your place will look fabulous next year, with all your decorations, plus just being your own place is nice. Talk with you all tomorrow Have a good one.
Sharon
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:02 AM   #39  

I sooooo need to do the Valentine's challenge. Motivation and goals help me so much. One of the aspects of my new job is that all of the meetings are televised live! And how much does the camera put on??? I'm driving my dh nuts obsessing about losing weight before I start. I'm not sure yet when I will begin, but I have a few weeks at least to really work on it.

Sharon-I always like starting out fresh with the New Year. I think the forums will be packed then.

Way to go Calejo! You can do it!

miafluker - I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm one of those who reads every magazine at the check-out about every crazy diet. I then research them, go to the health food store to look for whatever it was that is suppose to work and try it for a week or two. In the end, nothing has ever worked for me except low calories and a lot of exercise. I tried Slim Fast twice for a week each and gained weight both times!!! And even though I know this, guaranteed I will still do it again!

Everyone sounds like they're doing cool things for New Years. I'm going to pick up some of that sparkling juice and give it to the kids in wine glasses. They will think that is so cool.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #40  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Morning--grumpy this morning I was sleeping soundly in the guest room and dh brought me ds to nurse and he wasnt hungry at ALL. Probably a pacifier would have knocked him back out.

I even took a shower and I am still zonked. I hate waking up in the middle of deepsleep like that, its so much harder than waking up during light sleep, even if over all I got more sleep
Old 12-30-2006, 12:03 PM   #41  

I made my December goal! By the skin of my teeth, but I'm out of the 180's! woot! I added antoher cheerleader too, this makes 50 lbs. so far! I'm almost to my half-way point and TOM isn't even done yet (should be by Mon. though) I'm so excited!
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #42  

Yeah Calejo!! What a huge milestone!
Old 12-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #43  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

As of today I weigh what I did when I got pregnant with my first child still 8 lbs to go to when I got pregnant with ds.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:51 PM   #44  

congrats Calejo
Canuk4 its no charge for it i probably will only go to it for research since it is discovery health
its just i think im taking the wrong approach relying on some site to tell me what type of diet to be on i just probably need to try different eating habits for a little while to see what works
sometime i can knock myself over the head.

by the way what is the valentines day challenge and what are the rules ( i think i missed that post) thats my anniversary so i would love to lose something instead of losing then gaining.

Also what do you guys think about canned fruit? the kind thats in water even though i havent seen that yet.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:18 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone, I have to laugh when I misread what was said about weighing the same as "When you got pregnant, the first time", I thought it said "when I had my first child" and I am thinking "Man I weight even more now, than when I had my kids 29 yrs. ago.

Got the grumpy mood today too, still feeling the cold and have not been out since Thurs., my brother called and my Dad has the cold too, he wants to know what I can do for him!!! I already told him what to take etc. but he has a mind of his own. Sorry guys, maybe I will come back later, hopefully in a better mood. Just finsihed a LARGE half of a choc. bar, so got the guilts.
Sharon
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote