Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Old 02-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Name your NSV

Here's a thread to help us see each other's NSV in one place. Name some of your NSV. Don't forget to congratulate others!

1. Lost 1 size in jeans
2. Got a compliment from coworker "you are looking thinner."
3. Didn't gorge on Valentine's chocolate
4. Bought McDonalds because I was stuck and needed food right then, but I ordered my chicken nugget meal and THREW AWAY THE FRIES!
5. After being sick and having no appetite, I ordered Pizza Hut (a whole pie for me alone) and ate 2 peices and then gave the rest away.
6. Started walking at Recess (teacher) and soon had others following!
7. Started buying SOME organic products (when comparable in price) when previously I never even looked in that section.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

1. My pants are much looser, and I can fit into the next size down, tho they don't quite button yet.
2. I went to put my hair up the other day and realized.....DEAR GOD THERE"S MUSCLE on my arms.
3. I don't get out of breath on the stairs anymore
4. I have managed to start craving healthy green things. That's NEVER happened before. (Tho I still hate lettuce.)
5. MOst recently...I managed to go two weeks (for various reasons) and not gain more than 2 pounds...which is excellent considering that I was at my relatives in WV in the mountains where comfort food is eaten everyday.
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I just posted these in 20-somethings; here they are again:

Not getting out of breath from the following: walking up the stairs, toweling off when I shower (I would break out into a sweat, no joke), covering myself up in bed (can anyone relate to this??!!), making my bed, walking across a parking lot, crawling under the table to get something, getting up off the floor, and doing anything that required the remotest of physical exertion

I finally can sleep on my back without gasping for air

A tight size 26 to a size 16 (No more plus sizes!!)

Being able to fit in the bathtub again

Being able to feel/see my shoulder bones, back bones, hip bones, wrist bones, knuckles, ankle bones, knee caps, rib cage . . .

Easily do 45 minutes of intense cardio

Kept up with my 9 year old niece rollerblading

Movie theater seats no longer pinch and hurt

My back doesn't hurt anymore when I'm doing the dishes

I moved my car seat up a notch

My nephew wrapped his arms around me

I have a bag of Valentine's day chocolate in the freezer that I haven't touched (plus frozen Krispy Kremes)

Going grocery shopping and NOT returning with fattening, sugar laden garbage

Binge episodes have decreased from about 10 a week to 2 (if that)

I think about food only 50 times a day instead of 500

Food has slowly graduated from a crutch to nourishment for my body

Feeling like if I can do something like this, I can do ANYTHING I set my mind to
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

My journey is just beginning (started Dec. 12, 2005)...but so far:
Walking up the stairs is WAY easier
From a tight 26/28 in jeans to a 24
My shirts are from 28/30 to 22/24 (depending on brand, too, though)
I can fit into the movie theater seats easier...not be in like a sardine. ROOM TO MOVE!
My steering wheel is farther away! lol
17 inches total gone from my hips, waist, and bust.
My boyfriend can comfortably wrap his arms around me.....

More to come! (I hope!)
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:48 AM   #5  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations everyone on your personal NSVs. Many of mine are so similar that I just had to smile when I read them.

* Being able to do small tasks that I had NO way of doing before, and not realising it until I have finished. Like simply not getting upset now when I drop things, because I can easily pick them up

* Hardly being able to reach the pedals in the car. I actually thought hubby had moved the car seat back on me

* Being able to go shopping without people staring or making rude comments

* Today, finally wearing my size 12 jeans that I bought while we were in the US, hoping that they would do me once I reach target. I actually think they are now going to be too small... WOW!

* Someone mentioned that they can do the dishes without their back hurting. That is something I can do now... and prepare food without being in pain. I hadn't realised that I was doing it until I read that post. Funny that it takes me a while to notice changes like that

* Walking the "bridges" walk here, (popular for charity walks/runs) which is 9.5km, and we added a little more to make it 12km (7.2 miles I think)

* Hubby putting his hand around my 'waist' - I actually have one now!

* Finding out that those bumps on my body weren't 'growths', and were just bones, that I hadn't seen in a LONG time

* Having people use words like "skinny" and "perfect" about ME. I know that I'm neither, but I'm glad that people think so

* Actually feeling as though I have control over food, instead of the other way around

* Having kids at school (also a teacher) tell me I look wonderful, and they are impressed with me, and I look skinny etc... instead of asking me why I am so fat, or why I have such a fat belly

These things are all so wonderful that I really should write them down somewhere and add to them daily. Just today, someone was looking at me and luckily, before I wondered why she was staring, (still expect to get rude looks and comments - hard habit to break) she told me that she LOVED my top! I'm not used to people noticing my clothes, just my size. I should write that one down somewhere too. They come thick and fast at the moment and once they slow down, I'll want a record to remind me of the 'little' things that change when you aren't so 'large'.

Great thread!

Take care,

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:55 AM   #6  

Well done all, NSV's are great, so much better than stupid numbers on silly scales!!!!

*wearing a size 24 dress to last years New Years Ball, and this year wearing a size 14!!!

*being able to jog without feeling like I am going to die

*being able to run for a bus

*walking into a swimming pool and not feeling that I am the biggest one there

* going on a 20 kilometre (over 10 mile) walk and being able to keep up (in fact out pace) my dh

* getting comments every day about how amazing I look
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:03 AM   #7  

Thumbs up Awesome NSV's

Grumbleworts: I went to put my hair up the other day and realized.....DEAR GOD THERE"S MUSCLE on my arms. Can you fax me some muscles?

HarpoChicoGrocho: Kept up with my 9 year old niece rollerblading. That sounds FUN! I recently learned how to iceskate while supervising a 1st grade field trip.

HarpoChico Grocho: I have a bag of Valentine's day chocolate in the freezer that I haven't touched (plus frozen Krispy Kremes) Now THAT is willpower!

KaleyStar: I can fit into the movie theater seats easier...not be in like a sardine. ROOM TO MOVE! Wish I could go to movies and automatically have closed captioning. Yea for you! Now head for the movies and watch Narnia for me.

KaleyStar: 17 inches total gone from my hips, waist, and bust. AWESOME!!!!

ZedAus: Today, finally wearing my size 12 jeans that I bought while we were in the US, hoping that they would do me once I reach target. I actually think they are now going to be too small... WOW! I set up a high goal weight, but I'm hoping I can say the SAME thing and lose more. I recently tried on 12's and they fit already. I was proud. Didn't buy any though.

ZedAus: These things are all so wonderful that I really should write them down somewhere and add to them daily. We really really should. It reminds us we are reaping so much more than the physical.

Kykaree: being able to jog without feeling like I am going to die. I can't even imagine that. Way to go!
Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 AM   #8  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

~ Only eating ONE of my mother's fabulous pumpkin cookies, instead of my usually half-dozen
~ Declining bread at dinner
~ switching to whole-wheat pasta only
~ eating vegetables EVERY TIME I eat meat, and sometimes when I don't!
~ switching to only diet soda, and even that is just a treat
~ working out for more than an hour a week!!!
~ being able to walk at a very brisk pace for 40 minutes and still be willing to go for more
~ seeing muscle definition in my arms
~ having my boyfriend say "You look different somehow... I love it."
~ almost being able to do the splits! (I've been working hard on flexibility, lots of stretching)
~ sleeping better at night and feeling more energy during the day. I used to have to take naps every day just to survive them, now that only happens when I'm sick.
~ being able to fit comfortably in my favorite pair of jeans
~ doing an entire Richard Simmons video
~ refusing to eat my favorite potato chips when offered. Probably one of my biggest NSV's.
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #9  

[QUOTE=LadyFirelyght~ sleeping better at night and feeling more energy during the day. I used to have to take naps every day just to survive them, now that only happens when I'm sick.[/QUOTE]

I would LOVE to sleep better. Unfortunately mine aren't weight related.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

This is a great idea... I love it. Hopefully I will be able to find lots of NSV's to add to it as well.

Let's see....
Fitting more comfortably in my clothes,
people telling me they can tell I'm slimming down,
Putting the scale up and only bringing it out on weigh days,
going to the gym 3 days a week and walking at least 5 days a week,
being able to jog almost a mile in about 2 weeks,
not feeling as depressed as I had been before starting to excersize,
drinking more water in a month than I have in a year,
not drinking soda and only having a diet soda occassionally,
ordering a happy meal at mcdonalds instead of a grown up meal,

that's all i got at the moment.

and congrats to all of you above me. You have all done sooooo great!!! such an inspiration to me. thank you!!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #11  

Well I don't have much yet...it being only 2 weeks into my lifestyle change...but here are mine so far:
1. My in-laws said I looked smaller.
2. My fiance said I looked smaller.
3. I walked a couple blocks without feeling like I was gonna keel over - before it would be about 1/4 of a block before I thought I couldn't go any further.
4. I've lost 2 inches off my waist!
5. I've lost an inch off my hips!
6. I've cut out 1000 calories a day about 80+% of the time. (Where normally I was always eating at maintaining calories, or more, everyday.)
7. I didn't buy any potato chips or chocolate bars while doing my bi-monthly grocery shopping! (Normally I get a couple big bags of chips, and a few big chocolate bars.)
8. I only eat whole-wheat bread now.
9. I've found - and enjoy - healthier alternatives for snacks. (60 calorie string cheese instead of Nacho Chips, or 60 calorie popsicles instead of IceCream, etc.)
10. I turned down some high calorie foods. (You know, when someone has something really yummy, and they do the ever helpful "Here, try some!" and shove it right up to your face. I told my fiance if he does that anymore I'm going to break his arm off, lmao!)
Woo Hoo! I wasn't expecting to have 10!
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #12  
DIVA

Congrats to everyone! Alot of mine are similar:

- Went down from a size 18 to 16 and now they are too big
- Fit into pants that I have not worn in 3 years
- Can throw my son in the air and not stop after the first time
- Chase my 15 month old without feeling tired
- RUN ON THE TREADMILL!!!!!
- I was called SEXY for the first time in years!!!
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:21 PM   #13  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

ok. i only have a couple, because i'm new to this, too.

1. Can exercise for 45-50 minutes on elliptical machine and the only body part that hurts is my toes!
2. For the first time in my life, following a dieting success and corresponding weight loss, i did not reward myself with food! I actually kept going!
3. Friends have noticed that I look slimmer (especially in my face and my thighs)
4. Have shown willpower when faced with snack foods ("please do not stick those double stuf oreos in my face...")
5. Have looked at my naked self in the mirror and not hated (entirely) what I saw.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #14  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

* Going from a size 24 pants to a size 6
* No more heel spurs (this is probably the best one of all)
* When I walk around with friends, I'm the one who has to slow down and wait for people to catch up, instead of the other way around.
* I can now actually find some tall boots that fit me.
* I can wear a knee length skirt in public (albeit with tights )
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:43 PM   #15  
takin it one lb at a time

I just started again yesterday... so I'll name my little successes since then.

*Drank only water and 1 glass of milk yesterday
*I've taken vitamins for 2 consecutive days.

That's about it.
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote