Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 11:05 AM   #61  

Thumbs up YOu go Girl!!!

I love this thread, it had been so helpful to me to hear other people's stories. I look forward to this site daily.
Aphil- You go Girl! I think we are supposed to have IL's that way sometimes huh My MIL says things about WW and that everyone as she did gains it all back, or she will say things at gatherings with food as to what I can or cannot have on my DIET!!! I just laugh her off and let it go. I would expect my two young boys to say MOMMY how many points does this have"? but not from adults! Especially those adults who should find a plan themselves and follow it, and quit meddling into the lives of those of us that have and are trying soo hard to lose, huh Those types of people have helped me in a strange way, as I am very DETERMINED not to gain my weight back to spite them, and their beliefs about not having the ability to keep it off! It is hard but I will conquer!! HAAA...
If those of you are wanting to blast INCHES off, especially aphil wanting to be INCHES smaller than her SIL's when measured for your dress!
I am not sure if you have ever heard of CHICOMETRICS with Chico Caldwell! It is awesome and look him up online and get a tape to use in your own home.
If you use his program 3x a week he guarantees inches off the first two weeks! I love it and think that I wouldn't have lost as many inches as I have if I hadn't used his tape! There are three volumes and I think that they are all the same as far as movements and length of the workout! GOOD LUCK and be sure to let me know how you are coming along-especially how your IL's react. We all have them and need a place to share and vent. Have a great day and upcomeing weekend everyone
Old 09-30-2004, 12:03 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I belly dance with a troupe about 3 days a week...and I strength train with weights pretty heavily 3 days a week for an hour...I also throw in a few regualr cardio workouts about twice a week...a family walk, or some other walking/aerobic activity. My waist has went down 7 inches in the past two years alone.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:25 PM   #63  

Question Is it hard to learn how to BELLYDANCE?

WOW Aphil,
You are very active I have always wanted to learn how to bellydance! Is it hard? Keep up your great work! Have a great day It is fun to hear what others do to stay active/lose weight, Thanks.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:44 PM   #64  

Default Today

WOO HOO! I finally found an exercise bike with a big seat on it!

The one I have been riding has such a small seat that my butt went numb after the first 15 minutes. I have never understood why "fitness" companies can't figure out that when you're fat like me, you need a BIGGER seat to put your own seat upon

Now maybe I'll finally be able to get down to business and tone up a bit. I love the fact that I'm wearing smaller clothes and all, but the last thing I need is to have skin flapping in the breeze

The belly dancing does sound good too, but I'm not very coordinated.

Almostheaven, I have a much more devious plan in tow for my MIL. I work weekends so most family get togethers only my hubby and kids can attend. When I'm down to my goal weight, or anywhere close, I'm going to take the day off and show up and let her do the smoldering burn while others ask me how I lost the weight. muahahahahahahahah

Oh well, a girl can dream, right?

KelliM, you can do this! We ALL can!
Old 09-30-2004, 02:00 PM   #65  

Talking Hello again from KelliM!

Hello labchick You made my afternoon with your post. Thanks I am glad that you were able to find a comfortable seat! It makes all the difference when working out if we are in our comfort zone, huh? Have a great day That is an awesome MIL plan too Keep up your great work!

Height:5'4 1/2"
SW:193
GW:130
CW:120
LW:113 (last Fall-thyroid surgery)
Old 09-30-2004, 03:16 PM   #66  

Belly dance is work. I won't kid you. There are some moves that are pretty easy to learn...shoulder shimmies...ribcage slides...but as you progress there are some very advanced moves to learn-backbends, belly rolls, playing finger cymbals, doing veil, or balancing canes or swords...it is very challenging-but a to me it's a lot more fun than your average aerobics class.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:40 AM   #67  

Smile I will have to try it!

Hello I will have to try belly dancing at home? Here in the Tall Corn state of Iowa I haven't heard much about it? I will have to start something new soon as I am tired of my usual routine of walking/weights/toning! Take care everyone and keep posting! Have a GREAT DAY
Old 10-01-2004, 09:05 AM   #68  

Kelly-I did some research for you...and there are many instructors in Iowa...belly dance instructors just aren't advertised in the paper like football games.

I have found instructors in Iowa City, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Sioux City, Ames, and Norwalk. If any are close enough to you for you to possibly take a class-and you are indeed interested-pm me for more info.

Amy
Old 10-01-2004, 09:21 AM   #69  

Thumbs up Thanks!

Hello Amy Thanks for looking into that! I will have to check in to some classes or grab a tape and try it at home? I am Soccer Mom for a couple more weeks Both of my boys tried it out this Fall and it has been alot of fun for us Take care and thanks again for looking into some classes it sounds like fun. I am always up for something new. Have a GREAT WEEKEND!
Old 10-03-2004, 10:30 PM   #70  

I am amazed at how this thread is growing!! I too always hear about how I don't need to watch what I eat or that I am too thin as it is. The funny thing is that this is coming from the people on a hundred drugs to lower blood pressure, etc. I didn't lose weight for anyone else, so that makes it easier to listen to. To be honest I think I get it from people who don't want to expend the energy themselves to lose weight, so they rationalize it by being negative about it. Not jealousy per say, but close. It was a lot of work to lose it, and I am proud I did. Anyone who is on a diet, do it for yourself. If you do it for others people, or for what other people will think of you, I don't think you'll be as satisfied as if you just do it for you!
Old 10-03-2004, 11:12 PM   #71  

Thumbs up This Thread is very Cleansing!

Hello Everyone! Hi Mark Welcome to this ongoing five page thread ! You are totally right about others and how they react to our weight loss/ or those on their weight loss journey! It is the HARDEST thing that I have done in my life and I am very proud of myself You really have to ignore others and do it for yourself! My #1.2004 New Year's Resolution was to share my Success Stories to help others and I have accomplished just that! I was featured this summer-in the national Woman's World magazine-August 24th issue with my story and picture, also featured in a Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds e-mail newsletter (goes out to 30,000 people!..), and I am currently working on my story to be featured in a Collage Video catalog soon! You have to do it for you and only you. Good Luck to all who have lost and still losing!
Mark how much have you lost and did you follow a plan? It is interesting to hear other people's stories too! Take care and keep posting.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:52 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlycharming

She said she didn't want to hang out anymore because I made her feel bad about herself.
Fairlycharming
175/157/135
I think this says it all. I think it might be a little jealousy...but for the most part, especially for people who are overweight due to emotional problems...it comes down to this. Perhaps people who lose weight act as a living mirror for them and they get to feel really bad about themselves.

Some withdrawl their friendship while others just say mean, and rotten things.

Chin up! I think that after awhile, these feelings level out and even if they don't...you just have to let these people be. And if they 'attack' you, you need to tell them where you stand and that you won't stand for it and then withdrawl yourself from that situation as much as possible to avoid mental abuse.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:23 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliM
Mark how much have you lost and did you follow a plan? It is interesting to hear other people's stories too! Take care and keep posting.
Not to get this too much off topic, but to answer your question, I basically just cut back on what I eat. Even now I still eat when I am not hungry, which I am still trying to change! I also added an hour of cardio to my day on an elliptical machine. Every so often a bag of M&Ms sneaks into my place, or Rocky Road ice cream, but that's just my motivation for getting back on track tomorrow.

Deep down I knew I'd never follow a plan, so I just cut calories everywhere I can. If you change your lifestyle you'll have better luck anyway. I don't restrict myself, but if I have to eat fast food, I get a salad with no dressing. McD's and Wendy's are pretty good by themselves. Unlike a couple of posts I've seen, being busy is when I am my best, because I'm not thinking so much about food. Sitting at home doing nothing is when I really have to be careful.

Unlike the food network, I don't see the need to add 10 gallons of oil (or any for that matter!) to a teflon coated pan when cooking. If you get rid of all the little extra calories you eat during the day (pat of butter, glass of soda) you can have some room for junk every now and again. At least that's how I did it. I lived with 2 others who were trying to lose weight, they did weight watchers. It seemed though that they ate up to their points (well, I can fit in a glass of soda and this pat of butter and still be under X points) and didn't have the success that I had, but everyone is different. As I said in my earlier post, you have to be willing to do it for yourself. It's all in your head!

I've been trying for years to lose weight, but after 2 hours of trying and not seeing results, I would give up. This year I actually put in some time. I didn't think anything was happening until I had to buy new pants for work and hit the smallest notch on my belts. I still have a little to go, but I'm feeling good about myself and where I'll be this time next year.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:18 PM   #74  
i luv my dog!

Kelli, have you posted any of your stories/pics here? Or how about a link? I would love to read it. thanks
Old 10-08-2004, 01:31 PM   #75  

Talking Hello a broad abroad! and Mark...

I need to post some of my pics and have to find a link that you could pull up for Woman's World magazine but haven't had any luck?
Thanks for sharing your story Mark, GREAT JOB.... sometimes it just takes making some lifestyle changes in our lives to help our weight loss. There are better choices for everything, especially FOOD, but I enjoy my treats from time to time too and know that I need to get back on track to keep my weight off! Have a great weekend everyone.
Kelli
Closed Thread