South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 06:51 PM   #16  

Hey Bubarye,
I am on day 4 also. You can over come those cravings . Drink all that water. And when it comes to the bakery, just think she didnt wash her hands when she baked!! no leftovers for you!!
Anyhow hang in there. you can do this
robbin
Old 08-22-2006, 07:11 PM   #17  

Quick pop-in after work. My attempt at P1 this week hasn't been too successful. I planned on starting Sunday, but forgot that I'd signed up to go to the lasagna dinner after church. Monday, I got to work extra early and the lady that cleaned out the refrigerator (after I got there) threw out my lunch thinking it was left in there over the weekend. Then today, one of our clients decided to pop in and we ended up going out for lunch (BBQ). Just have to laugh and say it hasn't been in the cards this week. Will need to regroup this evening and try, try again.

The good news is that I'm getting the outside of my house painted. They started this week and have the lower half painted already. They're going to be back on Saturday to start replacing window & door trim. I'm so excited to finally get this done!!!

Ruth - Glad you had a great trip and soooo glad that they found the credit card before some nasty person had a chance to use it!

Hommer - Welcome!

Cottage & Beachgal - You both look great! It was nice that you were able to make connections.

BeachBum - Great news about DH! I know that's been a long hard road.

Bubba - Hang in there!!!!!

to everyone else. Have a great evening!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #18  

bubba - Good recovery but the SF pudding is actually not allowed until phase 2 because of all the starches. Just move forward and stick to the yogurt for phase 1
Old 08-22-2006, 07:47 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/178/150

Height: 5'2"

Yuck...I guess I got confused with the SF Gelatin...I guess that means Jello? Well, I guess I have 10 days to not eat the pudding anymore. I think I can survive. I don't like ricotta cheese so the dessert thing is a little difficult. I did discover chai tea with LF SF soy milk. I have about 3/4 of a cup, and it is almost like a dessert for me. Plus it takes longer for me to consume than pudding.
Otherwise, I think I have the hang of it. I have almonds and string cheese for snacks usually. Like many others, I'm ok at dinner as long as we don't have italian. I've even been fine with cooking things for the kids that I can't have. For example we had chili tonight. the kids are a bit young to enjoy spicy food, but my hubby does chili St Louis style (over elbow noodles). We use the Barilla Plus noodles, and I give it to the kids, and melt the shredded LF cheese over it. They call it "sticky macaroni". I didn't miss the noodles. However, my hhusband also had crackers (Multi Grain Saltines). That was harder to resist, but I was just fine with the chili and a little cheese.
Can I ask an odd question though? I do drink good old fashioned water, but I really love making Crystal Light. I've seen where people don't count this as water intake....is there a reason why? I don't count anything else as water (i.e. coffee, tea, diet soda). Plus I find in restaurants that serve minute maid lemonade light, it is a way I can get a flavored drink without it being carbonated. I believe regardless of any proven fact or nutritional info, that soda, diet or not, makes me gain weight. I don't enjoy soda much anyway.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'3"

Day one done 13 more on phase one DAy one went ok but tomorrow another day - hopefully goes just as good !
Old 08-23-2006, 01:38 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 212//196/150

Height: 5' 1"

Debie, I am on day 4 also. Your cravings may have been brought on by the high carb amount of your breakfast with the pudding. Try to have a good amt of protein in your breakfast for phase 1, even chicken breast or ground white meat turkey patty, if you don't like Eggbeaters. I am going to wait until phase 2 to start yogurt smoothies and such in the am. I find the carb/protein ratio of my breakfast sets the tone for my whole day.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:42 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 212//196/150

Height: 5' 1"

It is late at night and I hit the wrong button on my last post before I was done.

What I was also going to say is that yogurt can't hold a candle to solid proteins like eggs and meats to give you a firm foundation of level blood sugars to start the day with. Also, sometimes a sweet tasting breakfast can rev up the system to want more.

Karen S.
Closed Thread