South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 02:59 PM   #1  

Default What are you cooking out for the 4th?!?

I'm on Phase 1, and still will be when the 4th rolls around, and I'm trying to think of some yummy things to grill! I think we'll end up eating chicken kebobs, which I love.

What I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to make is some italian sausage with grilled peppers and onions, but alas... those sausages are FULL of fat!!!

What are you all fixing for the holiday weekend??

Carol
Old 06-29-2006, 03:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Ever Try Turkey Italian Sausage, I Know That Turkey Bacon Is Allowed, Haven't Seen Anything And Sausage Though.

We Will Probably Have Tons Of Food, I Am Think Of Seafood, Fish And Shrimp And Grilled Veggies I Take A Foil Bag (or You Can Make Your Own) Fill It With Broccoli & Cauliflower Celery Onion Mushrooms Zuchinni (sp) And Crook Neck Squash, With Some Garlic & 1-2 Ice Cubes O So Good, You Can Even Trow On Some Parm Cheese When It Is Done.
For Dessert I Am Thinking Red, White & Blue Parfaits
(sf Jello Layered With Cool Whip Free Of Course)
Old 06-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

GAGIRL320, your foil bag recipe sounds awesome! Be careful when you shop for turkey sausage, much of it very high in fat. Look for the leanest turkey sausage you can find, and check the sugar grams - no more than 3.
There are several meats that are SBD approved for grilling, and you can make your own lean turkey burgers, too, using extra lean ground turkey breast. Vegetables taste wonderful done on the grill with a little olive oil drizzled over them. If you are craving potato salad, try the "Unpotato Salad" from the Phase 1 salads on the recipe boards. It's fantastic and tastes just like the real thing! For dessert, sf jello with ff Cool Whip blended into it to make a mousse is super, or you can make a whole "pie" using nsa fudgesicles, ff Cool Whip, and SBD approved peanut butter. Just blend all the ingredients together, put into a pie plate, and either freeze it or eat it "as is".
I hope you find this useful, Kaeurl, and enjoy your holiday!
Old 06-30-2006, 09:01 AM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

This time I'm going to be semi-what good

by having;

B-egg scrambles on 1 sl WW bread,1c 1% milk for tea
sn-V8 w) celery stirrer
l-2 c large veggie salad, dress.
sn-1c yogurt

Main 4 of July BBQ

BBQ chicken half w) corn on the cob,1 c brown rice,and cucumber salad.

RED,WHITE & BLUE Dessert-1/2 c blue & strawberries with lite cool whip on a slice of s/f pound cake.

Hugs BB
Old 06-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #5  

Wow, maybe I need to get some of those fudgesicles and cool whip - I have been in a thoroughly rotten mood all day. But of course, I shouldn't reward bad behavior with food!
It sure can be hard to stick to diet - I just tried brushing my teeth (sometimes that helps me) and now I'm going to try more water.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #6  

Here's stuff we are making for a number of BBQs this weekend--Phase 2ish

Nekkid Hamburgers (wheat rolls for DH)
Carolina Caviar
Spagetti Salad
Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Dessert: No sugar Angel food cake with chopped strawberries and cool whip

BBQ Chick made with the cola chicken recipe
Cole Slaw
3 Bean salad

Dessert: fresh fruit salad (nectarines, blueberries, a little Watermelon, strawberries )
Old 07-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #7  

Thanks for all the great ideas, y'all!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Carol
Closed Thread