South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 01:23 AM   #1  

Default Weekend on the Beach

Hi, gals! I've finished working one change window and am waiting on another change to be finished so I can recycle and test. I sure hope it is done soon. On a positive note, I did find time to watch last night's ER and am reading a really good book. I even found time for the gym.

Saturday night is a Cub Scout skating party. I need to get the last of our scouts signed up for summer day camp. Then Sunday, Brian and I are going on a 4 mile 10 Commandments Hike. That should be fun and interesting. Right now we are having a bad storm but the weather should clear by Sunday.

What's up in your neck of the woods?
Old 05-06-2006, 02:16 AM   #2  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Just popping in to say hi. We have a long work weekend coming up. Will be spending this week preparing for Mother's Day Brunch.

I know this is whoo but I kind of find it more like a wolf whisltle. How about you guys?

I am down 2 of the 8 lbs I want to lose for May and a total of 12 lbs since restarting.

I have to do a sleep test pretty soon. Doctor thinks I have sleep apnea and believe it or not that is tied into obesity. And, losing weight is not the cure, in fact it makes it very difficult to lose weight. Thought I would mention that in case some of you have that problem too. I did an overnight test at home and the results of that are what they use to determine if you need the overnight in the sleep lab. I hope they have it good and cool cuz I hate a warm bedroom.

Going back to the gym on Monday. They have a yoga class that I want to start in a few weeks. I like yoga but I haven't done it in a long time.

Everybody have a wonderful weekend and stay on the beach and sending you all some

P.S. Ruth, congrats on the babies.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:25 AM   #3  

Morning all you Morning Larks!

Wow Barb and Bunna were up either late or real early
Barb: Sounds like fun weekend plans fer you and Brian.. Hope the weather holds fer ya.

Bunna: You are doing so GREAT!!!!

We had a good thunderstorm come through last night so I curled up with a good book - My 3Fatchicks book came the other day, so I started to read it.. What a wonderful funny informative read!!!

I forgot about the rain this morn--- and now I'm looking at 4 tiny muddy paw prints on the white kitchen floor! But it seems to have caused the Rhodie bush to start to bloom and the lantanas seem to have grown a foot overnight!

Today we are going to a BBQ at Landlordess house.. All OP foods -- I just haveta use some of Bunna's when it comes to the scratch carrot cake I'm making...Tomorrow DH and I are heading off to look at some new construction and other property to start looking for our new Nest. We found out that a Superwalmart is goin up right acrossed the street from the entrance to our development and a "Tarshay" down the block... This town is growing by leaps and bounds.

Ok Chickadees... CAWFEE AWAITS!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #4  

Good Morning Schatzi, Barb, and Bunna!

Barb What is up with all this rain?? I did quite a bit of work in my flowerbed last Sunday, so at least my flowers are getting good and soaked.

Bunna WTG on your weight loss- you are doing great!

Schatzi Yum... carrot cake, sounds delish! Have fun at your BBQ!

We actually have a very low key weekend without many plans. That hasn't happened in quite awhile. My daughter's t-ball season kicks off today, although I am wondering if they will play due to all the rain. It is going to be a pretty disappointed group of Muckdogs (team name ) if they don't get to play! Other than that, church tomorrow and a lot of downtime. Woohoo!!

I am getting my fat butt back on the beach today. I have been counting WW points, but I need to cut the cravings b/c I am way overeating on legal things. It has been awhile since I have done SBD so am brushing up this morning and getting my list together. I was going to wait and start on Monday but decided that was ridiculous and to just DO IT!!

Off to check out the updated approved lists for Phase 1 as all I have is the old blue book.

Have a super day my friends! :flow:
Old 05-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #5  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning all;
Wet here too. Small storm blew through last night. Windows are in and done in the den/bedroom. They look GREAT. So, pleased with them.
Went to get a perm and cut last night. Was told if there by 6:45 no problem. I was there at 6. (this is at the hair cuttery) after waiting until 7 and them calling up 2 people that were behind me and then calling another one up that was about 4 people behind me. I started to leave and she calls my name and says if you wait about 10/15 mins, I can do you. I told her I was getting a perm and that was told had to be there by 6:45 and there wasn't enough time now, and it had already been an hour. she's well we can't turn anyone away, how many are before you? I said none but, they sure are calling the ones who are after me, and I left.
Maybe try today some where else. Don't know, A/C unit had some problems last night and not working right, so, if that needs fixed hair will have to wait.
Check back in later.
Chipper
Old 05-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #6  

Bunna - Congrats on the weight loss. DH has sleep apnea. I really get upset when he falls asleep in the living room because he really needs to use his CPAP machine to get a good night sleep. And yes, he is obese so I do believe it makes a difference

Schatzi - I was up late. It took a little longer to get the change done on the computers than expected. I did get to bed around 1 but then Brian came in at 6:50, wide awake and ready for breakfast.

Kiko - The rain is making my vegetable garden look better than it ever has since we moved to Richardson. I think I can actually start picking yellow squash in a few days. I need to head over to Target today to get Brian some new socks. What is it about kids? Holes in the toes and holes in the knees of his jeans. I need to try to grocery shop today too since tomorrow will be totally busy with church, Sunday school and the 10 Commandments hike (a 3 hour hike). We won't even make it to the animal shelter this week.

chipper - Where I get my hair cut, appointments come before walk ins. I know, I always walk in. Your salon needs to learn about customer service.

I tried the chicken enchiladinas last night. I liked it but Brian didn't and DH wouldn't even try it since it has chicken and beans. He is such a picky eater sometimes!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #7  

Morning everyone. Sorry I've been MIA this week. Had a meeting one evening and a couple of days of overtime, so my whole week kind of got thrown off. Now that the rain is here, my allergies finally kicked in (I'm allergic to mold), so now I'm catching up with the rest of you who had bad allergy years this time around. LOL I wanted to work out this morning, but my throat's swollen and sore from sinus drainage and I can't breathe too well, so I'll wait a day or two.

Did some planning last night and grocery shopping this morning, so I'm going to get ready for an OP week.

Barb - Hope you have better weather for the hike.

Bunna - I haven't seen the smilie before. I'll have to break that one out more often! Fantastic job on the loss!!!!!! Hope everything goes well with your sleep test.

Schatz - Rainy days are the best for curling up with a book. Have fun at the BBQ!

Kiko - I'm trying to re-focus too. I'll do great for a week or so, but then get busy and then keep falling back into the old bad habits.

Chipper - Too bad you didn't get your perm - sounds like you were right to walk out the door. Grrrrr. I got a new perm last Friday. I like being girly-curly again
Old 05-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Good morning everyone. Grey and Rainy here today too. Sure does dampen your mood and motivation!!

BARB: a 4 mile 10 Commandments Hike What is this? It sounds like a great activing for your Sr High Youth Group.

CHIPPER: Glad those windows stood the test of a rain storm. Important!

SHOTZI: UMMM Carrot Cake.

BUNNA: Husband has sleep apnea, not overweight, but short neck and he's chubby there!! Snores terribly. Even thro the machine. He's being retested this month. He's had it for 7 years.

EVERYONE else: Hope your all doing well.

QUESTION: Went to ponderosa last night, tried to stay on plan by having a piece of steak/chicken combo. No starches. Just salad, shrimp, cottage cheese and SF jello. I'm up 1./2 lb. Do you think it was just too much food? Or maybe the salt in the mean? Also the cottage cheese was not LF. Probably all of the above, huh?!! Oh well, keep on plugging. I get to start phase 1.5 on Monday. Hope i'm back down and more by then.

Busy weekend. Eldest daughter is jr. choir director for our church. Applied for and won a $9300 grant for adding a better audio visual system. She's so excited and the presentation is Sunday. I have coffee hour so I'd better get busy. I'm taking cheese for myself, along with some grapes and cookes for everyone else.

Ta Ta!!
Old 05-06-2006, 10:09 AM   #9  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Heya everyone,

I weighed in today and lost 4 lbs in my first week! THANK GOD, I was worried my thyroid was slow still from the lithium but it looks like it's recovered!

It's not rainy (yet) here.....

I finally got off my butt and did my laundry last night so that is done! Today I HAVE to work on my book, I'm sending it to the editor tomorrow! *bites nails* and sunday I'm going to my bf's bands concert....can't wait to see them since they have a new bass player!

have a great weekend girls and good luck, I know staying OP is hard for some on the weekends!
Old 05-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #10  

jana - I'm allergic to mold too. My allegra and flonase help a lot but they don't get rid of all the symptoms. Brian's sniffling quite a bit but he doesn't like to take the Astelin nose spray that should help him.

smoke - My group is Cub Scouts. My son is a third grader. The 10 commandments hike starts at a Baptist church where they learn about one of the 10 commandments and about the Cub Scout religious emblem for that religion. Then we walk to another church of a different religion for the next commandment and religious emblem. It should expose Brian to a lot of different religions which I think will be good for him. One church will be a catholic one like the one where he will earn the Catholic religious emblem next year. The whole thing is scheduled to take 3 hours so we aren't walking very fast but it's more exercise than sitting on the couch and should be really interesting.

lottie - Congrats on the weight loss and good luck with the book!
Old 05-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #11  

Barb That sounds so neat! We have been getting more involved in our church, and I really like it. DH has to work most Sundays, so it usually just the girls and myself. I am leading the crafts at Vacation Bible School in June which should be very fun. When is Brian done with school? We only have 12 1/2 more days- I cannot believe it!!

Crock I just read yesterday's posts- CONGRATS on your awesome results. You must be feeling GREAT!!

I am putting together a menu and shopping list for this upcoming week. I am feeling great and know that it is a good decision for me to get back to SBD. I think WW is also an excellent program, but the fact that I can eat my trigger foods gives me way too much temptation!!

Okay enough chit chat, I need to hop in the shower while baby DD is napping!
Old 05-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #12  
gotta lose it!

Hey gals!! I really enjoyed my concert last night.....we had great seats. We were 10 rows from the floor. I loved it!! I did forget to pack batteries for the camera...so no pics. But my friend Sue is going to the pre-party tonight, so she's taking some pics for me. I'm off to drink some coffee & curves!
Old 05-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #13  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks, well, TOM is over and no dramatic loss on the scale. I guess I just have to keep plugging along. I've been doing P1 without cheating so not sure what's up with that. Grr.. the last few months have been so frustrating. I know it's something I'm doing wrong but can't figure out what. It must be a combination of little things. Sorry, I'm in a grumpy mood this morning. Sometimes weightloss is just so easy and then its so hard for months. I don't understand. Well, hope everyone has a great weekend and the scale gods are nicer to you than me!
Old 05-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #14  
South Beach Life Style

HEY FELLOW SBDers

All is well here in West Virginia, Other than the evil pollen! I am not to 100% yet. but I am getting there, I have stayed at my Best Friends house for the past 3 days,, she is like my sister,, playing with the 4 yr old Austin, and playing CAT with Mandy the 12 yr old has kept me on my toes.. I can tell how much better I am moving around.. I love it.. and Another thing I must tell you guys is,,,,, there is NOT a sole here at her house Dieting and eating right, I brought my groceries down to do for a couple days, and I am almost out.. Before,, I would have convinced myself that I gotta eat, and Pizza, or what ever I could get would have been gobbled up.. but I am doing so well, And I am so proud of myself.. Must be the time in my life to find what is acceptable for me and what is not.. I am loving this life style,, and I love you fellow South beachers for the support and inspiration that is recieved, You guys are just fabulous....
Old 05-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #15  

hey everyone -

I'm posting on Saturday...that can only mean I'm at work But the overtime I'll get on my paycheck will make up for it.

Things are going okay. I'm staying OP (pretty much). I haven't been on the scale is ages (I don't have one at home...so I have to go to the gym to weigh myself). I have just been so unmotivated to go. I'm going to try next week...at least 2 days. I should be able to make it two days!

I am beginning to realize that planning is one of the keys to success. Things are much easier when I plan out the weeks meals. Not only does it help me with SBD, but we had a very low grocery bill this week becuase I sat down and made a list! Why that just sunk in...I don't know.

I did get some good news at work yesterday. The clinical team in the office next to mine is moving into another builidng. So that space will be free and my boss has claimed it. It's about a 30' X 15' foot office and it will be all mine . Well me and all our files (or as my boss called it, our 'resource center'). I am happy. I get so much done when there is no one else in the office (there are a total of 5 of us). And I won't have to listen to my co-workers and constantly ask me stupid questions (no, I don't know if its supposed to rain, or where the nearest Starbucks is, and I'm not a phonebook so if you need a number...look it up yourself!) So after Memorial Day, I will have my own office horray!!!

Well, I need to get back to work.

Everyone have a good weekend

Closed Thread