South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #31  

Default I have had it!!!!

Brady sick all day yesterday and then last night I called the doctor;s exchange and they said take him to the ER he needed a chest exray. WE waited in the ER for 2 hours and he was never seen. So we called the doctor back and she said bring him in at 9 this morning and to give him all treatments and see if he could make it though the night. We got him home did all the treatments and he went to bed. HE coughed for 1 hour straight. Then it stopped. HE is still sleeping and no cough. I am thrilled but my other 2woke up at midnight, started coughing and didn't stop till 4 am after medicine and a breathing treatment. THey are both awake and coughing. SO I am off to the doctors w Brady and to scream about how sick my whole house is. I now have to call in again, my boss loves me.

Well I did not have time to post this so I will post it now w an update.
Brady has a bad infectionin his right lung. They said continue with all his medication and gave me a cough syrup with codine. HE is sounding better today so I am hoping he is on the mend. THe other 2 sound like crap and now I have a bad cold also. I CAN"T WAIT FOR SPRING!!! WEll I am going to nap and hopefully the kids will too.
One positive thing is I am following my diet to a tee and it is working. I hope tomorrow I am back to work and then to keep up the good eating and back to exercise. Hope you all are having a good day.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #32  

Hi everyone!

Posting at work...geesh this getting to be a bad habit but luckily it is slow. Just a lot of nitty gritty to do today like collating for the trade show & purging our files that are overly jammed(talk about a bore)

Thanks to beachgal & Ruth for the advice about the diner dilemma. Had my Kiwanis meeting and ate as best as I could for Phase 1. The omelette had lean turkey, onion, mushroom, but real cheese in it & was topped with avocado. I also had a smidge of real half & half in my coffee since that was what they offer. I'm guzzling water right now & planning something to be extra careful the rest of the day. Really have to make sure I exercise today too...will probably use my elliptical for a change and do some crunches.

Oh a quick question not to be gross but did anyone have tummy trouble when they first started Phase 1 ? Every afternoon about 2 I get kinda gassy, kinda loose bowels. I don't know if my body is just adjusting to the food changes or if it's because TOM is on the approach or if it's a remanant of the stomach virus I had last week

To everyone have a great day on the beach whether you're dealing with work issues, kid issues, travelling or whatever...Be well and Be safe fellow beachies.

Sue
Old 03-08-2006, 01:46 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey Broomy,

I had the opposite problem with Phase 1 so probably any type of change in your BMs are normal. Expect all sorts of physiological changes. My TOM came 2 weeks early after I started SB, and I feel like as I lose my body is processing feelings that are released as I lose weight. I know I'm getting off track here, but just trying to say that your body is going to CHANGE so just get ready for anything.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #34  

Sarah Hang in there girl! It is so hard when people around you are bringing you down. Congrats on hitting 150- that is awesome!

Laurie I hope you are feeling okay and on the mend. I don't know if you are checking it at all, but I am thinking of you.

Off to snuggle DD and take a nap- I have very tired kiddos today. Our big outing for the day is done and we are home for the day! :flow:
Old 03-08-2006, 02:10 PM   #35  

Broomy - Your body is probably trying to get used to the increased plant fiber. It should subside as it adjusts.

I've got no time to post to everyone today. I've been swamped with production issues all day and haven't even had time to drink like I normally do.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #36  

Barb ... Go back and read that last sentence ..
Too funny!!
Old 03-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #37  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

wtg Sarah-notsomuchaslacker!! I know it's hard but heck let 150 rule the day for you not anyone else.

Broomy, I had some "odd" tummy and lower issues when I started. If you're doing it right, it's probably those 4 1/2 cups of veggies talking in there. Apologize to family for the gassiness and keep it up!!

Hope that codeine helps your boy Mamahulk. Sure is a lot of sickies all at once.

Hope you heal quick Demeter

Tammy-even f no one's hungry yet, go ahead and start dinner when you've got the motivation. I'm sure by the time it's ready and smells yummy dh will be ready and then you won't have all those snacks
Old 03-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #38  

You're right, Schatzi! That was funny. I'm heading to refill my WATER and HOT TEA now.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Hi everyone. I'm back. I just spent all day Monday and Tuesday being a jurer in a murder trial. It was very interesting but very hard and I am just taking it easy today. We were in deliberations in a small closed up room from 4:40 until 11:15 pm last night. They gave us pizza for dinner! I had no choice but to eat it. we couldn't even leave the room (there was a bathroom in the room).
We found him guilty finally and then it was just awful when the people heard the verdict. the whole thing was very emotionally and physically draining. I got home at midnight last night and ate a big bowl of chocolate ice cream w/thin mints crunched up in it for good measure. Back to the plan today.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #40  

Debbie WTG getting back on track today. I feel that with any diet/WOE that there are going to be times when we slip up. The real lifestyle change, in my opinion, is whether we get right back on track or turn it into days/week of slip ups. Good Job!!

Barb Sorry to hear that work is so crazed for you today! Hope that it slows down.

Tammy I agree with Bat. Start dinner when you get home- it is DH's choice if he eats or not! Even better, if he chooses not to- you have your lunch ready to go for the next day.

Mama I sure hope you can get some answers and relief for you AND your boys!! You must be beyond exhaustion.

Not much to report here- still need to exercise for the day. I have actually exercised for 3 days in a row! For some of you queens and princesses this is no big thing, but for me it is monumental!!

Happy day- back later.....
Old 03-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #41  
Just do it!

Hi everyone!
Hope everyones day is going ok!

I don't have much time but I am excited as of today I am down another 4 lbs! WOOHOO! BUT, I am not officially weighing in until Friday, so I hope it stays that way!

Does anyone have any ideas for quick breakfasts on the go besides the quiche cups or eggs? I go to the gym every morning at 6am and just need something fast to go!

Here is a little poem that helps me when I am down:

Don't Quit!
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but do not quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
- Anonymous -

Well, need to run!
You all have a great day!
RED

Last edited by Yesican2006; 03-08-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #42  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Debbie: I'm glad you're back. Gosh, that had to be rough!

Yesican: Congrats! How about making the protein cheesecake as make-ahead cupcakes? I've never had 'em but it looks like a quick, yummy idea.
Personally, I've learned that, for me, there's no such thing as a quick breakfast. I just get up earlier now in order to make breakfast & I've gotten used to it. Then, I just go to the gym after work. That's what's working for me. Also, I bought the egg & muffin toaster for some mornings - It makes a poached egg, warms up your meat & toasts bread all at the same time - I love it.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #43  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Holy Cow chickies! Whew. I'm NEVER going to get to reply to everyone who's already posted unless I get up at 5am! Just a quick update for all of you who still care:

Got a phone call last night from Hollywood Video and they want to set up an interview next week.

Then, today, after assuming that Motherhood was out, I got a phone call from their DM saying she'd been out of state with a death in the family, so she was just getting back to me today. She wants me to take some phone survey and after that they just have to check my references and set up an interview with the Regional Manager and if those go well, I'm in.

Now the problem lies: What if both places want me to work there? Motherhood has better hours, I don't know how much money either of them will pay me, and I think I would like the job duties of Hollywood Video better. Is there ANY gray area with ANYTHING in life???? It's either got to be all bad and causing me problems or all good and causing me problems. Granted, I'd rather have all good, but still.

YAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (That word is a staple in my vocabulary lately.)

Anywho, keep praying. I want God to just point me in the right direction. I'm leaving my ears open, I just can't hear anything yet.

That's all I know. Have to finish up at work, teach piano, run home and change, eat, and go to the volleyball tourney. Hope you all are well and having a great day!

Lisa
Old 03-08-2006, 05:13 PM   #44  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Oh Weezle. I STILL CARE!
I think that's great!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:16 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

wheezle: me too!
Closed Thread