South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #16  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Morning everyone! I am feeling sleepy today! I was able to have a quiet weekend, just relaxing and resting (and comfort eating ) but am all ready to crawl back onto my beach blanket today. I did a weigh-in this morning and I am right where I was at before I found out about the pregnancy. So that's good news, I guess...

I hope you all have a great day and stay warm!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #17  

Good morning everyone! Well - I did not have a wonderful weekend OP - but it could have been much, much worse!

We went to visit DH's family - 3 hour drive to is grandma's - and his parents met us there. The kids had colds - and I was coming down with one - but DH was going with or without me - so we went. First off - I am not a rider - I like to drive - because I get carsick. And - if I drive - I get sleepy - and if I get sleepy I want to eat - and I could not think of anything besides nuts to snack on in the car - and I could not eat nuts for 3 hours. The kids had Chex mix - which I did have a few handfuls off - and then I decided well - the nuts would be better - so I just gave up and bought a bag of pistachios and a bottle of water and snacked the whole way there.

While we were there - not too bad - we ate at Ryans one night - which is one of those huge buffets thing - fortunately the food is terrible and I ate a salad and just sort of picked at the meat and veggies - but I did avoidi the fried stuff and the potatoes and all! Hooray! The next morning - they had a continental breakfast at the hotel - my MIL did not understand why I could not have yogurt - and I really did not feel like explaining it - and my husband told her "nothing white" - good grief - so all weekend she kept saying oh they can't eat anything white. It was on my nerves - because A. that is really not how the diet works and B. I just want her to not talk to me about it. SO anyway - breakfast - they had some kind of brown bread there that had something crushed all over the crust - looked like whole grain bread maybe so I ate one piece of that wtih butter and a glass of milk. And then lunch on the road - we had Mexican - no big deal - fajita meat with guacamoke - and I managed to only eat about 5 chips. SOoooo - for all that - I only gained a pound today. I know gaining any is undesireable - but I was happy to have gotten through a weekend of travel and in laws with only a pound - yippee!! SO - my ticker is right - because I had lost one on Sat morning - so there I gained it back - so whatever. Today - back to my new happy and healthy lifestyle - may the pounds drop this week as they have the last two weeks!

I'm technically supposed to be on Phase 2 now - but - I think - I'm going to do sort of a Phase 1/Phase 2 combo. My biggest issue has been breakfast - so I'm going to add in some sort of grain/cereal/something - for breakfast. And then the rest of the day - I'm going to try to stick with what I've been doing. It hasn't been too hard - as long as I avoid fast food - sooo - I'm going to see if I can keep it up another week.

Anyway - let me see - that's about it for me!! OH - and I am SICK - and so are the kids - we all feel like crap and the Dr. can't see me today - the kids went last Friday. And my hosue is a wreck but I have no motivation to clean it!

Later y'all!
Heather
Old 02-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #18  
South Beach Life Style

Hello All, Is This Thread For All Phases Of The South Beach?, If So I Would Love To Join This One.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #19  
gotta lose it!

YES....Please join us.....WELCOME!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #20  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Mornin' all! Ugh! The snow around here is terrible! AND I had to go into work today! I swear, I almost got into like 3 accidents.

Yesterday I braved the weather to celebrate my mom's birthday with the family. I managed to stay away from those dreaded mashed potatoes, and I only have a teensy piece of cake and a tiiiiiny bit of iceream. So all in all I'm not feeling too bad.

Best news of all-- I hop on the scale this morning, and what do I see? 8 pounds lost! Very happy about that, even though I'm sure a few pounds are probably water weight (though I've been downing water constantly). So far, so good.

Later tonight I get to go to a concert, so I'm psyched about that Hey, maybe I'll lose another 8 pounds from all the dancing and jumping up and down I'll be doing Anyways, hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #21  
South Beach Life Style

THE SNOW HERE IS 8-10 INCHES, I LOVE THE SNOW, BUT NOT THIS MUCH.

I HAVE BEEN A CORRECTIONAL OFFICER FOR 9 YEARS, MY CAREER ENDED JUNE 2005, I SUSTAINED AND INJURY AND CANT GO BACK TO IT, SO NOW I AM ON PLAN "B" I AM 34 AND HAVE DECIDED TO GO TO COLLEGE AND GET A CERTIFICATE IN BILLING AND CODING AND MEDICAL ASSISTING (i have not been to school in 17 yrs) SO FAR SO GOOD, I WILL STAY IN THE FIELD OF CORRECTIONS , BUT JUST ON THE MEDICAL SIDE....

I LOST 10 LBS LAST WEEK , MY FIRST WEEK OF SB,, I FEEL GOOD , AND MOST OF ALL I AM NOT HUNGRY OR CRAVING.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #22  

Morning, gals! We had a great weekend. It was very cold on Saturday. The wind was 20-21mph with temps in the 30's. Brian did okay since he wore two pair of pants, two sweatshirts with his class A shirt over them, and a jacket. He had a hood on his jacket and wore his Cub Scout cap too. I stayed pretty warm. We made up some thermoses of hot chocolate -regular for the boys and sugarfree for me and a couple of other adults. That really helped after a couple of hours in the cold. We did great! Our 8 boys collected about 600 cans! Later on we went to McD's for lunch. I had a healthy salad with grilled chicken but did have a hot fudge sundae. I'd gotten lots of exercise in and ate healthy the rest of the weekend so my weight is actually down a bit this morning. Not bad since TOM came to visit today.

Tonight will be ham, zucchini, asparagus pasta with a fat free cream sauce. Brian and DH won't be home from gymnastics until I have to leave for a pack committee meeting. This is a meal that everyone eats and will keep until they get home. I've got leftover chili for lunch today and am really looking forward to it.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #23  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

MsCrockett!
It's nice to see you here!
I sold medical coding books for a short period of time - ICD-9's and such.
What a great field to go into. You'll always be in demand!
Have a great day on the beach!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #24  
South Beach Goddess

So, what did everybody get for their hubbies for V-day? I'm getting mine a card, Pink Floyd - The Wall, & something else. Maybe a pocketwatch. Depends on if I can find a good deal on one.
What do you think you might be getting?
I love presents!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:13 AM   #25  
South Beach Life Style

Thanks Danielle, I hope that I chose a demanding job, I reasearced prior to making my final decision. Very nervous about starting a new career and all.

As for Valenitnes day,, not looking to forward to it , as I am alone, (for now), BUT I will make up for it when I find Mr. Right... (lol)
Old 02-13-2006, 11:32 AM   #26  

Hi all! Not new to the Beach, but newish to this board, and trying to get my butt back on track! Last week/this weekend was a bit of a downslide...exams and a conference I helped organize, so no time for exercise and not much inclination for good eating. But I'm here drinking my V8, and polishing off my eggbeaters like a good little South Beacher... :-)

I'm in NYC, where we got over 2 feet of snow and actually broke the record for snowfall...but the nice thing is that I'm not responsible for shoveling any of it, ha! I'm a student here, originally from Massachusetts (by Debbie0522's sister, in fact!) so normally it'd be me out there shoveling for hours... ;-)

So hi all!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #27  

Good morning, girls!!

I haven't been around for awhile. The holidays were BRUTAL!! I've been back on the program for two weeks tomorrow and have lost 7.6 pounds. I did start phase 2 a little early because I just couldn't hang. I'm still losing at a fairly decent pace so all is good!!

Anxious to hear how you all are doing....
Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #28  
South Beach Goddess

MsCrockett: I'm sure it's gotta be very scary! That's the main reason I never attended college. I could never flat-out decide what I wanted to be. I had a feeling that I would get half way through & change my mind! It's worked out for me, though. Because of all my work experience, great references, & because I'm me, I was able to land the job I have now. I'm pretty much the only one who doesn't have a college education but I'm holding my own.
I wish you the best of luck!

curvynfit: Welcome!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:19 PM   #29  
South Beach Life Style

Danielle~ Yes this School thing is soooooo different for me, I am used to being in a field that is demanding, spontanious and NEVER DULL, I am finding that I am bored, I tend to get bored easily and I constantly remind myself that 1 yr from now this will pay off. It has been an emotional whirlwind for me since I left Corrections and I MISS it sooo bad (sigh, tears in my eyes), But all things happen for a reason, and 1.) I would never have found this Awesome 3FC site, as I never had time before, 2.) I wouldnt be changing my life of eating and choosing healthy choices, as for 3 yrs I have been so scared to lose weight, with fear of gaining it back,, I CANT GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN!! I was a Corporal in Corrections, and I know how it feels Not to have a College education and do well ...... Way to go on your career.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #30  
gotta lose it!

Danielle - DF & I celebrated last night because I work late the rest of the week. I gave him a small heart shape container of chocolates, a book of love coupons, and 2 pairs of boxers. I also made him steak & shrimp for dinner....he gave me a box of chocolates (grrr - taking them to work) dvd, necklace & he's order flowers for me since I'm mad about the chocolate....hello, I only complain about my wide butt daily!
Closed Thread