South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 05:59 PM   #1  

Question I have a few random SBD questions!

Hi I am new here, and new to SBD - hoping you ladies can help me! Here goes:

1) Can I continue to take supplements (multi-vitamin, joint support) during Phase 1?

2) I have heard that many people get really fatigued during Phase 1 - is this true? What are the "symptoms" of being on phase 1? What should I expect and what is normal?

3) Did I post this in the right place? Since I'm new, I'm not familiar with these boards!

Thanks ladies - you guys seem like experts!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:16 PM   #2  

Welcome SFGIANTS!

Quote:
Can I continue to take supplements (multi-vitamin, joint support) during Phase 1?
Yes.. there may be small amts of sugar in it but it won't really effect you.

Quote:
I have heard that many people get really fatigued during Phase 1 - is this true? What are the "symptoms" of being on phase 1? What should I expect and what is normal?
Every one is different , but yes, for the majority of us, the first week you won't have as much energy. It may be part of the "detox" flushing process of getting rid of the sugar, and going through "withdrawl".
Usually the symptoms last from 3 to 7 days.

You will feel a lack of energy, tired, crabby and /or headachy..and a bit wonky or out of sorts.

Quote:
Did I post this in the right place? Since I'm new, I'm not familiar with these boards
YES you did ! The chicks here are real knowledgeable and can offer you support, words of wisdom and we'll help you anyway we can!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #3  

Thank you, Shatzi! I feel better now!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:36 PM   #4  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Hi SFGIANTS
I'm new too. If you literally just started feel free to start join the Jan 16th starters thread as we all just started or re-started too.

I also want to say that I was a bit freaked out by reading of all the symptoms. I didn't have any really (I'm on day 5). I did have a couple headaches but I think they were from skipping my morning coffee. Either way nothing major.

Good luck!!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #5  

I had one headache in the 2 weeks -- but it was period-related and not really too bad, I took one Tylenol and that was it.

I had LOTS of energy and felt much better almost as soon as I started it, but i had really partied a lot during the holidays so I felt really rotten starting out -- anything was probably an improvement, especially since my "fat pants" didn't even ZIP! They are comfy and loose now after phase 1, so it was a good experience for me.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #6  

Hi Joann... you got me to sign up too!
Old 01-19-2006, 12:32 AM   #7  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

and good luck to you! To answer your question, I continue to take supplements (multivitamin and B6) on SBD. As for P1 fatigue, yes, I had it from about days 3-6. Mainly I just felt weak and a bit dizzy, like I was coming down the flu. I could function and go to work as normal, but it was just a bit icky. I took it easy those days and didn't work out, and by day 7, I was already starting to feel like my normal self again. This is a great board to be on, and be sure to visit the daily chats to get to know everybody!
Old 01-19-2006, 08:13 AM   #8  
Bird Nerd

I am on Phase 1, day 3 and I am having some symptoms. I am really tired this morning and I have decided not to go on my usual four mile walk. The tiredness is nothing I can't handle I just don't want to over exhert myself. I am still happy with SBD because I can already tell I am losing weight and I am never hungry. Good luck!
Old 01-19-2006, 08:25 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Legumes and milk help the SBD Phase I draggies.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #10  

Hey Melissa! Isn't this a fun place?

Thanks to everyone - I've gotten a LOT of good info here!
Closed Thread