South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 06:54 AM   #1  
Who needs sleep?

Default Weekend Wonders - November 26 & 27

Hello chicks!

Here I am at 3:30 am and still up. I did *try* to sleep - unsuccessfully. I kept thinking about my city design for my final project in environmental science. After an hour of trying to get my brain to pipe down for the night , I gave it up and got back to work. Now I'm taking a break from alternately designing a city and reading a chapter from Thoreau's "Walden" (for my writing class), so I thought I'd get the weekend thread rolling along. I had the loveliest design for a city going on in my head - until I read the parameters and realized that my design wouldn't fit them! So I'm starting from scratch.

DS was in a strange mood yesterday - making very peculiar noises (very strange squawks and shrieks and such like) off and on all day, throwing fits left and right , mood swings, and so on. Gee, can you tell his second birthday is coming up soon?

Stella (our neurotic feline companion) has been acting up, too. I think she's decided that the Interloper (read: DS) has been here long enough, and it's high time he went home (wherever that is)! Oh, if only I could make her understand.... She has been more or less relegated to the kitchen, as we have a gate in that doorway, and her food, water, and litterbox all reside in the kitchen. She's too old and klutzy to jump over the gate, so she has to stay in there most of the time. It's easier on her, anyway, since DS LOVES to chase her, shrieking crystal-shattering soprano shrieks of glee. But now she's decided we shouldn't have that gate closed anymore, and yowls to be on the other side, whichever side that may be, all day and all night long. I thought cats were supposed to sleep about 16 hours a day! Of course, we can't accomodate her wishes, as we can't allow DS to have free access to the trash and the litterbox. It's tough to be a cat!

What's happening in your neck of the Beach?
Old 11-26-2005, 08:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Poor Heather! I well remember those white nights. Sometimes it helps to just take out your brain and put it in that beaker on the dresser!

My Girls are crazy this morning. Lucy is acting like a real nutcase, grabbing pillows from the couch and shaking them madly. Hersh participates by woofing at her. She's like Queen Victoria - "not amused" and very disgusted by her daughter's behaviour. It's all good for a giggle.

We have real Christmas snow this morning - big, puffy flakes. It's Country Christmas today so very appropriate. Claire was just here to pick up my twelve (I got carried away!) pineapple cakes for the bake sale. I will take over from her at 10:30 and hope to heck everything is sold by noon. The costumes for tonight's pageant are all ready to be picked up by a "voluntold" and taken to the Churches. 6:30 is showtime and I hope we get a good crowd.

A nap is in my schedule for this afternoon as I had a bad night with the knee but first I need another coffee and will cruise the boards.

What's happening on your part of The Beach this weekend? Anybody making turkey soup?
Old 11-26-2005, 09:18 AM   #3  
beachbum

Default Weekend

Good Morning Ladies

Thanks Ruth the smiles and bold type is working again.

Yipee!! I'm back in business again.

Hugs BB

Yippee! Lots of folks had similar problems. Check out Suzanne's announcement at the top of the Forum.

Gooooo Morning Chickadees! Just a quick post as today I begin Christmas decorating! Right now DH and I are watching an old Mel Brooks classic.." A funny thing happened on the way to the forum" I laugh everytime I watch it.
Today is Day 1 of Phase 1 for me... going to do at least 3 days up to a week.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:00 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Bumping up. Some folks (me included!) posted on the Friday thread which I just closed. Aaaarrrrggggghhhh! More coffee needed.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:18 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chicks! I'm enjoying my morning coffee and reading some posts while Percival supervises from my shoulder . My rats have turned into the cutest, squishiest, and kissiest little guys ever. They come when I call them now, just like my dog. Love it!! Nothing like the freaky, scared little guys they used to be. I gave them a bath Thanksgiving morning and they were much better behaved than expected. Now they are all soft and smell like baby powder !

I'm coming along quite nicely with my Evolution paper and should be done with it by tomorrow. Today, after cleaning for about an hour, will be all about my paper. I'm doing it on Micro vs. Macro evolution and the debate that's been started by none scientists even though they are not really different processes at all....just depends on the time intervals. I'm thinking of titleing it: Micro vs. Macro: The Non-Existant Distinction. What do you all think?? Do you have any suggestions? I wish I could post it to get some feedback but it will be over 10 pages and I'm sure everyone has better things to do !

I'm on P1 until Dec 9, that's the day I leave to CA. Maybe a miracle will happen and I'll lose all the weight I was supp to lose this whole month !
The other day I made the best new recipe...made up by me...and with beef! Usually I can't make anything other than ground beef taste any good...with the exception of my once a year pot roast. I'll post it since it's quick, easy, and very P1.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! I'm having the mock oatmeal for b'fast and some spicy shrimp over mashed cauliflower for dinner. What's on your menus today? I'd love to see what you all eat on P1 for b'fast. THat's the hardest meal for me on P1. Have a great day, chicks! Hugs to all!!
Old 11-26-2005, 12:28 PM   #6  

Hi, everybody. I'm a new kid on the block. I'll start SBD tomorrow (it's easier to start when I'm at work.) Any advice, suggestions, etc.?

Hope you all had a great turkey day. Talk with you soon.

Jane

PS: We had a beautiful, warm, balmy Thanksgiving here in Southern California. A little unusual, even for us!
Old 11-26-2005, 01:27 PM   #7  
RNMOM

Default Hi from the land of uuuuhhhhhggggg

I've been really bad! The last nice thing I did for myself was on Thanksgiving day, I went running. It's been a disaster since then. My daughter flew from Atlanta to surprise me and stay for two weeks. That's great! But I am cooking up a storm and eating like a .....eating person.....

Anyway, I need to mellow out.

Where are you guys finding the Christmas tickers???? They are so cute!

Well, I'm off to clean the house so I can take down the fall stuff and put up Christmas stuff.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:39 PM   #8  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

How was everyone Thanksgiving???????????? I had a trouble with snacking after the the TG meal,but now I back doing well on the SB. My weight remained the same. Not complaining,but was really disappointed as I was hoping to reach my goal by the end of the year. I don't see that happening.

Thanks Ruth for helping me,resolved the smilie problem.SNOW we had frost but no snow this morning. The temps are in the 40 right now.

Heather-Sorry for you lack of sleep. I hate that when that happens to me.

Pearshape-Thats so cute your furbabies coming when you call. Hopefulll Phase 1 will work for you,it doesn't work for me anymore. I'm staying on Phase 2 omiting alot of the carbs to one meal.It hasn't worked yet,but like you say miracles upon miracles for this time of year.

Jane- to the board and the south beach. As far as suggestions are concerned.just foolow the rules for Phase 1 and when entering Phase 2 go VERY VERY SLOW bring back the bread carbs back in the prigram. I added them too fast and my weight starting stalling .

Hugs BB
Old 11-26-2005, 02:48 PM   #9  

Hmmmmm Most Bizarro... I posted this morn, but posted under yesterday's thread..when I went to look for it ..it somehow Melded into Beach Bums post.

So Here I IS AGAIN!!!!!
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.. I burned my boob on Thanksgiving..sigh, pendulous dangling breastisis are fire hazards! I m back to phase 1 today..as I am feeling most Blobby.
DH and I got some good exercise this morning ..Round 2 of raking leaves.. our little furgirls were such clowns tunneling and romping in the leave piles...would you believe we had Gardenias blooming this week?? A purrfectly loverly fall day...took down the fall decorations to ready for the holiday. I have all sorts of crafty things planned both as decoration and gift giving.

HKO: maybe you only need 3 hours a sleep a night.. I know I only need 5 and I'm good to go..but lately I've been struggling with insomnia..at least once a week I pull an allnighter.. then crash around 8 the next night.

Ruth: Have a great time at the Xmas pagent. Snow makes it feel sooo much more like the holidays! Enjoy

RNMOM: How fabulous to have a surprise like that! I'm sure you will get back to the beach in a few days.. just enjoy your DD time together!!!

Pearsy:
hmmm I heard of angels on my shoulder ...but RATS ??!!!! You crack me up ... I made a strange breakfast this morning... Refried beans, a layer of LF cottage cheese and a slice of turkey bacon.. put it a muffin tin, baked it and then topped with a slice of tomato...very tasty and filling... I like cottage cheese and diced tomato for my breakfast on phase 1 ...I get a tad tired of eggs too.

JANIE! Check out the emergency handbook for Phase 1.. and BB is right...add those carbs back s l o w l y !!!

Alrighty Chickies, got much to do..break over, time to get into the attic and get my Christmas crap out!!!!! have a SUPER SATURDAY!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 03:28 PM   #10  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome and words (Schatzi and Beach Bum). How do I find you again?

J

PS: I've been on vacation this week so I had no idea it was Saturday! I'll start SBD on Monday.

The weather here is absolutely gorgeous today -- warm and balmy. Really unusual!! I wonder when the fog will drift in!
Old 11-26-2005, 03:44 PM   #11  

Hi Janie...me and BeachieBum are Regulars round these parts... ya can find us /posts most everyday on the Daily Thread.! Visiting the daily threads sure helps a lot of us with support, inspiration and keeping us on track..
Old 11-26-2005, 04:09 PM   #12  
Who needs sleep?

BB - I love that movie ! Except it's not a Mel movie - it's directed by Richard Lester and stars Zero Mostel. But it's similar in humor to some of Mel Brooks' movies - like "History of the World Part 1". That's been one of my favorites since I was a kid. I have to get it on DVD one of these days so I can introduce DS to it!

Schatzi - I do the same kind of thing - I get about 4 hours of sleep most nights, then once a week or so I sleep for about 10 hours (DS permitting).

How cute - I just looked over, and DS is trying to feed his bouncy zebra some imaginary food from his cereal bowl!
Old 11-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #13  

Default Thanks, Part 2

Dear Schatzi:
Hate to sound like I don't know my way around message boards (but I don't!) Where will I find the daily thread? In the "at the beach" section?
J
PS: Thanks for your patience! I'm really computer literate, but I use it mainly for work. My kids are the chat kings!
Old 11-26-2005, 05:26 PM   #14  

HKO: BB ain't gonna have a clue what joo tawkin bout!! That was my piece of post that got merged into hers!!!Yes you are correct madam..Richard Lester .. good director! I love Zero Mostel and Phil Silvers and Buster Keaton... A classic! And I love Mel Brooks stuff.. The Producers, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety.. and yep History of the world... The scene of the Spanish Inquisition and I HAVE 15 ...15 Cah , (cccrrraaack ) I HAVE 10 10 Commandments !! PRICELESS!

Janie: Yep. ..here on the South Beach Forum . On Weekends..like now, the first up names the weekend thread and dates it.. so beachbabies know where to post for that Weekend. Then on Monday thru Friday- Each day, the first early bird starts the daily thread by naming it ..Like Monday Chat Nov 28..that thread closes and the next morn a chick will create a new thread for Tuesday like "Tuesday Talk Nov 29th" and so it goes each day!!

And PS. click on this link to get to that Emergency Handbook I mentioned... Great info to prepare you for Monday start http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58182
Old 11-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #15  
Who needs sleep?

Schatzi -
I love Mel Brooks: Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Robin Hood: Men in Tights.... Men in Tights is probably my favorite! ("We're men... we're men in tights! (TIGHT tights!))

Last edited by H-ko; 11-26-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Closed Thread