South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 06:15 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Thursday chick chat

Morning girls.....tea pots on again....pull up a chair.....I will be right back I am going to read the other posts.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:43 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Late this morning as I slept to 6:30 and Girls are ready to start the day.
I have to take Lucy for bloodwork and put out the recycle stuff so will be back later. I REALLY need coffee this morning! l
Old 09-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' Chicks! Well, I had a great day yesterday!! I was so pissed at my bf so I did what I knew would make me feel better.....I went shoe shopping. I bought four pairs. Two tennis shoes, a pair of those moccasins that are in style now, and a pair of flats. I figured since I don't own a pair of flats I'd shake it up a little bit. I forgot how very comfortable your feet are in flats....love it !

Oh, and I lost another pound!

Have a great day chicks and stay OP!!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:18 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

Morning pearshape, I loooooovvvvveeeee shoes. I have bought a few pair lately myself. Have a great day and CONGRATS with the pound loss. Have a great day.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:57 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls! I'm rushing out the door again, and don't have much time... ... sorry.

Kathy, I'm so sorry about your Mom. Thank God they're safe. I'll keep them in my prayers.

I'm so annoyed. I've been walking for four days (1 hour a day), have been eating really well (I'm not on South Beach right now... just using Fitday), and have GAINED 2 pounds!!!! CURSES!!! What the hoodle doo is going on!?!? I might as well be eating badly and lying in bed!!

Sorry about the dump.
I must run... love and hugs for all of you...
Old 09-01-2005, 08:01 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

Ellis- don't let it get you down you are doing fab, keep up the good work. 5 more sleeps to school starts.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:05 AM   #7  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Talking

Good Morning!

I wanted to thank everyone for their encouragment & prayer/good wishes for my MIL. I talked to her last night and she is doing a lot better. She only has a few weeks left of chemo and then she's coming down to Fl for a visit.

We have a guy of one of DH's old ships staying with us, he is going to be leaving for a while when the ship goes to New Orleans. I know ships can generate their own fresh water so that should help out a lot. I know there are other ships and other branches of the military on their way to help also.

My oldest and I made rice krispie treats last night. I ate one and was so mad at myself because I didn't even think about it while I was eating it. That's how things used to be for me and I don't want that for myself. I am supposed to be staying away from sugar for my insulin resistance along with SBD so ugh to me! I won't let it keep me down though, live and learn

Have a great SBD day!!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:17 AM   #8  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Usual quick fly-by. Insanity rules Atlanta!! Thanks to rumormongers spreading the word that we were going to run out of gas...the stations ran their prices up and people began flocking to the pumps like old ladies to funeral viewings...and naturally the prices DID go up...some places as high as $6 a gallon...until the governor put a stop to it.

Hopefully today cooler heads will prevail...

Ellis, you do remember that muscle weighs more than fat, right??? You're probably putting on muscle, dear...don't fret!

Pear, enjoy your new shoes!! I'm hoping to get some new shoesies myself this weekend.

Everyone else, good morning!!

Okay, gotta run!!

Have a great day on the Beach!!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:42 AM   #9  
RNMOM

Default Good Morning..........

Early even for me to be posting! I'm at work and so far no patients.

Sad to have it dark when I come to work in the mornings..............only 3 months from now and we'll be having Christmas parties! UGH!

Mama, my daughter that lives in Atlanta called me yesterday in tears. She can't believe the madness. She couldn't find a gas station to buy even a few gallons. Quite an eye-opener for a little girl from Idaho. My prayers are with you and the insanity!

Ellis, hoodle doo?????? I love that word, I'll be using it all day today on my patients! Think of all that muscle in there!

fl mom, don't be sad with yourself. I made rice crispie treats last night too, then I was cranky because I wanted some and so I went to bed! Sack lunches are boring around my house because I don't like having treats around.

pearshape, shoe shopping is a great alternative to eating. 4 pair of shoes....wow you are my hero! I love shoes. I've just got into Keens. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had on my feet. I have a blue pair and a purple pair. I'm known as the nurse with "Barney" feet!

Ruth, when I die and am reincarnated I want to come back as one of your doggies! I know I would be loved and fed and groomed. I will have some issues with all the blood work though.

little chick, you have a good day

All other chickies to come HUGS!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:43 AM   #10  

Good morning ladies!

The sun is shining and I am feeling good this morning. I am still having trouble getting out of bed in the mornings. I've got to work on an earlier bedtime. My problem last night was DS. He couldn't calm down. He tossed and turned.

Oh, MIL took DS to church with her last night. After I sat and watched Judge Judy and had a long conversation with myself, I finally got off the couch and went to the gym. I REALLY didn't want to go. I did 25 minutes on the Eliptical and 20 minutes on the bike. I got to listen to music, see some coverage on the Hurricane on the TV and read some in my book. I felt so much better after going. I also did some ab work and some bicep curls and got in some good stretching. It was worth it.

Well, gotta get some work done today. I had a motivational problem yesterday.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:49 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow

Well, we won 5 out of 6 games last night at volleyball. Lordiehavemercy I'm sore, though. My forearms are bruised, even! I haven't played in a year, but geeeeez. It was really fun, but I'm very out of shape, especially volleyball shape. My shoulders hurt, my forearms hurt, my legs hurt, my feet hurt. Got two hours of exercise though! Too bad it doesn't count for September. That's alright, though. I have like 4 more doubleheaders in the weeks ahead. Woo hoo!

Ellis, don't feel badly. I was doing the "walking and Fitday" diet between May and June, and I would gain a couple of pounds, then after awhile I'd drop a few at once. I think when you're not used to exercising, that your body is more likely to gain "weight" from the muscle you're adding first, and then later will shed pounds from the fat falling off. Nothing scientific, but that's just my experience. Keep it up and you will definitely have results!

The smallest I ever was in my life was due to walking all summer long one summer (1994.) I got down to 105 lbs and still had my cursed big knockers! I try to remind myself of that at times, but I'm not going to shoot for that goal. I'd be nothing but skin and bones (and knockers.)

Lost another pound. I think I must have sweat out a pound of water last night because I seriously was disgustingly soaked after 1 game in our first match. My hair was dripping, and it was pulled back in a ponytail. Yuck. I made sure to chugalug when I got home, but still. Maybe it was a pound of fat already, right? (Just humor me.)

Talk to you girls if I get a chance later today. I'm in a conference all day. Have a good one chickies.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:36 AM   #12  

Just a quick post today ! Sorry can't respond to each of you... My laptop is on the fritz... DH is trouble shooting... as the home office PC is whacked as well.. Connections go up and down... I VILL BE BAAAACK!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:41 AM   #13  

Howdy Chickies

Pear-Congrats on the weight loss, and great about new shoes. I love shoes as my closet can testify, they always fit and don't make my tummy look big.

Ellis-- Just remember muscle weighs more than fat

flmom--I know how it goes nibbles happen, without you even thinking about it

Weezle--I envy you I love to play volleyball--but I live in Podunk no action. Congrats on the pound loss--don't fret however it comes off is my motto.

I am still trudging along It seems I lose a pound only to gain it back. DH is doing great however lost 23 lbs so far.

Have a great day on the beach
Old 09-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Really nothing new to report,going to walk again now that we have a beautiful sunny day. Still holding on to my weight loss last week.I believe its due to my increasing my exercsing form 60 M to 80 or even 90 mins per day.

================================================

Little Chick=Thanks for starting us up

Pearshape= Glad you ad a great day shopping.Love to she shop also. I din'd know that flats were back, at least at my neck of the woods,they aren't. I love :love flats,I use to wear them all the time ,years ago. The only think I see is sneakers.

Ellis=Sorry about your gain,it could be water building in your joints with all the exercising. I read articles all about that. You'll lose it again.I know how frustrating it can be when you do everything right and and see now results.

fl_mom-Happy to hear the your MIL is better and than can rest in your caring arms.

Mamacita-There are goingto be a lot of gas gustlers now,taking advangtage of the NO crises. We fiil up two day ago at 2.69. There up to 3.00 today.A 31 cent increase from 2 days ago.

RNMom-Hope this situlation doesn't go on too long.Not worried about the gas at the pump but all the jobs that they are going to lose,in the airlines with the planes,bus depots with the buses, can't travel without gas. & paying the price,and it goes on & on. Sorry to bring up so much gloom.

Djett- Hope your day is better than yesterday

Weezle- Glad that your team won. I Love volleyball use to be a great player way back when. Take care of your arms, for the next game.

Have todo,will be back later Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-01-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:51 AM   #15  

Weezle-- can't relate with the "knockers". Mine seem to be disappearing more and more.
Closed Thread