South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 12:59 PM   #16  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Had a late start on the computer this morn,and just got on now. Had to change a couple of menu plans as I didn't have the foods on hand.Man at store was very rude, when asking him where a certain products were located.So the day didn't start to good for me. Hope your day was better than mine.

Didn't go threw your posts but I wishing all a Happy an wonderful weekend. Will post tomorrw when I have more time.

Hugs BB
Old 08-19-2005, 01:58 PM   #17  
GARDENING ADDICT

Just got home from the salon~my roots are no longer grey (gotta love it!!). I'm having some cucumber/tomato salad and string cheese for lunch.

Barbara~I ordered the car but it hasn't arrived at the dealer yet (so, I guess it's not mine until I sign the final papers ). It's a 2005 Lexus RX330 ,which is a car-based SUV. It has leather, heated seats, moon roof and GSP navigation. I would like to see a few years worth of records on a hybrid (repair costs, dependability, etc) before I get one. Plus, they are more expensive. I'm still keeping my little roadster convertible (fun to drive and gets great gas mileage, too).
Old 08-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #18  
going places

Happy Friday Chicas!

Schatzi - I'm so glad you're settling in and back here on the boards! We've MISSED you, sweetie! What's this about poop-away-the- pounds diet?? What phase is that?

H-ko - congrats on your loss!! Doesn't if feel great?

healthy4good - D@mn Vendors! Congrats on a successful first week, hun!

I seem to be out of my rut from the last few days...energy is returning and water retention subsiding, THANK GOD! I normally don't have this hard of a time with pms...maybe every 4 months or so. I'm definitely glad to be done with this water retention, though.

DBF and I played pool last night...preparing for leagues next month. Yeah, I'm a hick...I play in pool leagues It's kinda cool going into the bar and having the bartender just know that I'm having water or tomato juice now...I've decided I'm not a wine person so I guess I'm gonna be alcohol free now

I've noticed something these last few weeks. I've been just plugging along, getting my exercise, drinking my water and eating OP the whole time...cuz I know that is the fastest way to get me to goal. My realization is that eventually it becomes so much easier to JUST DO IT after some time has gone by. It's definitely easier to stay OP than to cheat and go through the remorse and beating myself up that inevetibly comes after a binge or a cheat. I also don't regret not having to start OVER and OVER again...it just feels really good.

I want to be healthy, I want TOTAL BODY SATISFACTION, I want it all! Is that too much to ask for? I don't think so.

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:09 PM   #19  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chickies!! I got a late start today. This week has been soooooo crazy. School starts next week and trying to prepare lessons, tons of meetings, organizing my data, plus jetlag from my trip have been kicking my butt. Even just a week and a half in a different time zone really messes me up bad...everytime. I've been like a zombie all week.

I guess this week wasn't the best week to try and give up coffee. I'm sure that's aggravating everything. I'm trying to see if coffee is keeping the weight on me. I've been good on P1 since I got back on tuesday except for yesterday I ate fast food. Had a bad day and used a power outage as an excuse to not have to open the fridge. I sucks since I had actually lost a pound but I probably gianed it and more back.

It's great to be back and reading everyone's posts. Too many to respond to this late but you gals are great!
Old 08-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #20  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Yeesh, I wrote a huge post and lost it.

I'm so sorry...have to get to my chores and don't have time to rewrite.

Sil, I'm so sorry about what happened last week. I know this is hard, but I thank you for doing such a loving thing for your darling pup. Have you read the Rainbow Bridge poem? I hope you and Shelby can comfort each other.

Kiko, how did I miss the arrival of Meg? It must have been during the time I was away...I'd love to see pics of your darling second daughter! I hope that you can find some alternate ways to deal with stress besides eating...I'm sending lots and lots of peaceful vibes your way, okay?

Ellis, you crack me up! I hope you get a peaceful, quiet afternoon alone!

Ruthie, go with the bathrobe...if Marlene Dietrich could get away with it, so can you, you starlet! I hope it's a good day, hon.

Val, you brilliant girl! I totally agree...plugging along OP is such a relief...it's great not to be on the binge/purge or the cheat/makeup cycle, isn't it? Good for you!

Better get running...have a great day, Beachies!
Old 08-19-2005, 05:10 PM   #21  
Who needs sleep?

Okay - I'm in a better mood now! DS took a 2-hour nap, and rather than try to rush around getting as much done - quietly! - as I could, I lay down and napped, too. Then we had lunch, and DS behaved himself and didn't try to redecorate my dining room in Antique Lunch! So now I'm rested and fed, and I feel a whole lot better.

Artemis - sounds like a lovely plan for the weekend, very peaceful! I love pottering about, especially now that I don't get to very often. Enjoy!

Kiko - enjoy your weekend in Ohio! I'm glad Meg's appt went well.

Schatzi - from http://www.ceder.net/recorddb/lyrics...4?LyricsId=476
Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina
In the morning
No one could be sweeter than my sweetie when I meet her
In the morning
Where the morning glories twine around the door
Whispering pretty stories I long to hear once more
Strolling with my girlie where the dew is pearly early
In the morning

If I had Aladdin's lamp for only a day
I'd make a wish and here's what I'd say
In the morning!
Where the morning glories twine around the door
Whispering pretty stories I long to hear once more
Strolling with my girlie where the dew is pearly early
in the morning

Butterflies all flutter up and kiss each little buttercup at dawning
If I had Aladdin's lamp for only a day
I'd make a wish and here's what I'd say
In the morning!
Sil - What car are you getting? I'm glad about your dad - that must be a weight off your mind!

Mamacita - good luck with detox. I know what you mean - I'm a "minimal medical intervention" kind of girl myself! Just don't go into hiding!

little chick - have fun at your family reunion!

Jeanette - have fun this weekend with your company!

ruthxxx - so did you end up going to your meeting in your robe?

healthy4good - Hooray for resisting! Enjoy your night out! Just watch out for butter and cream and such at the restaurant. Seafood is great though (much healthier than a steakhouse!), and a lot of restaurants are really good about skipping sauces or serving them on the side (so you can choose your amount) - ditto salad dressing.

kyemom - did it clear up so you could go to the pool?

Barb - hope you had a nice time with your friend! You sound like you have a very full weekend!

Ellis - I hope you had a nice time with your mom! Have a good weekend!

beach bum - don't stand for rudeness from people you are patronizing! Write a letter to the manager, or complain to him in person or on the phone! If no one ever says anything, nothing will ever change. Hope your day gets better, and have a great weekend!

Sil - got my answer - sounds very nice!

Val - I don't think so either!

pearshape - do you teach high school? I'm going back to school, planning to teach middle and/or high school, probably with endorsements in math, english and history. Have a good weekend, and I hope you have a great school year!

beachgal - sorry about your post! Don't you just hate that? DS has been figuring out how to sneak up in stealth mode and press the sleep mode button or something while I'm using my laptop! I'm really frustrated, since all my classes are online classes - I don't need him shutting me off while i'm trying to participate in class!!

Have a terrific weekend, chickies!
Closed Thread