South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #16  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank you, Anna! And welcome back!!

Bamie, a belated Happy Anniversary to you!

Val, my daughter and I took yoga together for a couple of years. We both suffer from depression AND tight necks and shoulders from tension. It really helped both of us... we're going to take it again this autumn. I never thought I'd like it, but I'll bet you'd enjoy it, too!
Old 08-06-2005, 02:39 PM   #17  
going places

I've spent my morning and early afternoon cooking for the week...I LOVE doing that. I made some 4 bean salad (love that stuff), a batch of quiche cups, some coleslaw, a big batch of mocha creme, and a batch of cheesecake cups. I also cut up a bunch of veggies and put them in storage containers for quick prep with soups and salads. I've been doing this cook and prep ahead thing now for the last few weeks and it really helps keep me on track during the week...especially if I'm in a hurry and need something quick.

Ellis - yep, yoga sounds like something I need to try. I've got that same tension in my neck and shoulders...seems like I've had that for years. My depression has come since I've become a stay at home mom almost 2 yrs ago - I went from working 60 hour weeks to BAM being at home...it's really been a difficult thing to adjust to...maybe I've been associating my lack of a job as a lack of self worth. Hmmmm
Old 08-06-2005, 09:17 PM   #18  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ellis~Being the sex magnet that you are, you better watch out with that BIL!!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Old 08-06-2005, 11:34 PM   #19  

What a long weekend so far! My son has been sick and today we had a family reunion. Went to the history museum which was fun. Now I am sick and this coming week is my sons birthday and chuck e cheese and then his huge batman party. I am so overwhelmed. Lost another lb so its 4 lbs since monday and I started seeing 260's and now im seeing 240's. I couldnt be happier. How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-07-2005, 06:52 AM   #20  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Well, I'd hoped to get to go hiking yesterday, even printed out a trail map, but my plans went slightly awry. Wound up over at Big Lots (they have 100% ww bread real cheap), then I remembered a book signing I wanted to go to. That turned into an all day event. BUT I got my book, (The Fairtax Book by Neil Boortz and John Linder) got it signed by them both, got pictures and I even got quoted in the local newspaper!!

Since the day was shot by then, we went over and priced computers, and walking poles. Got a real deal on the poles. Went to Costo and picked up a new printer cartridge AND a new winter jacket for less than the cost of the printer cartridge at the so called "computer discount store"!!

Today, we shall attempt to get that hike in. It's a lovely area. Down by the Hooch, but not real far from us. I'll pack us something to drink and a lunch. I guess I'll take that disposable camera and take some pictures. Since I bought the silly thing I may as well use it! Of course, now that the sun is attempting to come up over the horizon, I can see that it's frassing RAINING!! Maybe we won't be hiking.

To all you Anniversary Chicks: Happy Anniversary!!

Valerie, I'm so glad there's someone on the planet who likes 4 bean salad. Personally, the flavor reminds me of high school bio class and the smell of formaldehyde. Blech!!

Okay, off to make a pot of tea and see if I can get chapter 8 finished up.

Mamacita
Old 08-07-2005, 08:38 AM   #21  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!!

Thank you, Sil. I managed to beat him off last night.
DH and I had a lovely dinner together yesterday evening and got home early, so we invited the "clan" over for drinks. I tried to avoid my BIL as much as possible, but he managed to get in a few irritating comments. He picked up our bagel slicer, and indicated how it might be used as a castration device. Told DD and I about his libido issues. (I put a stop to that) And when he heard that DH and I had been to see Diana Krall perform, he said, "Well she's good, but she's not hard on the eyes, either." Uh huh. That's why I go to see a jazz musician. So I can get an "eyeful".
The best part of the evening was when they arrived... I was delighted to see that my SIL (who is a self-righteous witch) had blown up to the size of an oil rig. I know that's really nasty, but it made me feel good about myself all evening.
I did have a lovely visit with DH's sister, whom I love dearly... we spent the better part of the evening in deep conversation, so the evening wasn't a total loss.

Val, planning ahead with the meals is so important... good for you! I need to start doing that again.
The lack of self-worth leaves after you've been home for about 15 years. I've finally stopped making excuses to other people (for the most part), and jokingly refer to DH as my "sugar daddy".
Be good to yourself, Val.

Mamacita, aren't ink cartridges CRAZY in price!? I can buy a printer for less than the cost of a cartridge!!
I hope the sun comes out so you can get your hike in today, hon!

We're having DH's family over today for a bbq. It's crazy how your mind works... I've just thought of a rude comment that I'm sure my BIL will make about the pork tenderloin. Oh, God... get me through this day...
Old 08-07-2005, 08:47 AM   #22  

Good morning! We had a great day yesterday. My sister, her husband and my son and I met up with my high school friend and his two daughters for lunch at Cracker Barrel. The grilled fish was wonderful and I did as well as possible on the veggies. It's harder to get healthy veggies here in the South than it is in Dallas. Then we had a heavy rainstorm as we were leaving and we were discussing whether or not to go to the beach. We had just decided to go when my sis got a call from her oldest son to say he'd hydroplaned into a car on his way to work. So instead of the beach we took a drive to downtown Charleston to see his car. Luckily no one was hurt, the car he hit had no damage and his car is driveable (but not in great shape).

Anyway, since we were downtown (without our beach stuff) we decided to go the the aquarium instead. Brian loves animals and we had a great time. Then we tried out a new seafood restaurant right on the water. Wonderful food! And this is where I had decided ahead of time that I would be doing phase 3 for this trip. I had a healthy dinner - teriyaki ginger grilled grouper with steamed green beans and coleslaw but started by sharing an appetizer. We had fried green tomatoes with lump crab salad on top. Worth every calorie and not something I can get at home! Then after dinner we stopped at a special dessert place where my sister and I shared a dessert. Very special and very good. My brother in law is flying out today for work so this will probably be the last chance for all of us to eat out.

I'm not sure what we're doing today. I have been getting lots of compliments on my weight loss from both my sister and my friend from high school. My sister weighs a few pounds less than I do but my exercise has toned me to where I can wear smaller clothes. I brought my Fit Deck with me and plan to get some exercise in while I can. I already checked and Bally's doesn't have any locations in South Carolina but we are getting lots of walking in and lots of relaxing which is great.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #23  
cranky & determined

Greetings All You Beach Babes!!!

we're back to hiigh humidity in NYC - praises be for the a/c! Took the dog for his early morning walk and he tried to head for hom three times! I think he sprained his hind leg either at the dog run or with all that jumping he generally does. He stands in front of his favorite armchair and can't make the jump - but I'm sure he'll be ok soon... doesn't seem to be in pain - just inconvienced.

Kimberly I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well - hope you rally round in time for your DS's birthday celebration.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to all celebrants!!!

Cheers to y'all!
Old 08-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #24  
going places

Ellis - 15 years?? ACK! A few months ago my best friends mother asks me, "Are you a kept woman, too?" OMG...I just about went off on her! The thing is, even though I'm a stay at home mom I have a very successful internet business and make a very sizeable contribution to the household in that way. I've been so independant my whole life and am just not used to having a man take care of me...truly not normal for me. Now that I'm addressing these things I can really feel myself taking a turn for the better, but I think I'll always miss the challenge of my old job.

Mamacita - MMMM...yummy formaldehyde. The bean salad is definitely an acquired taste. It's probably a childhood memory thing for me, mom always made things like 4 bean salad, deviled eggs, coleslaw...I'm sure if I didn't grow up with it that I probably wouldn't like it

Kimberly - I hope you're feeling better! Congrats on your loss, too...you're doing soooo good
Old 08-07-2005, 07:47 PM   #25  

Thanks girls. I am sitting here with vicks nose inhalers in both nostrils so I can breathe. I look like a walrus! I hate summer colds and sore throats.
Looks like everyone is doing great!
Old 08-07-2005, 11:59 PM   #26  
gotta lose it!

Hello everyone!! Wow...a lot of chatting in here this weekend...especially you Ellis! Have fun with BIL....he gives me the creeps & I've never met him!
Jen - Congrats on the engagement!
Kim - Hope you feel better soon!
Barb - Sounds like you are having a blast!
Schatzi - Missed you! Your house sounds lovely!
Ruth - glad the ac is back on!
Me - I'm tired! I drove down to Ohio Friday night....got in at 2am. Was up until 4...couldn't sleep. Then I was up at 8am, cleaning & getting ready for the fair. Grandma & I took in 109 entries of pickles, relishes, jams, and jellies! It was fun. We split an elephant ear (I know, I know...but I couldn't tell my grandma no!) I didn't get to see Kloe because it was raining & they didn't want to bring her out into it....maybe on Thursday I will see her.
My dear sister was there causing trouble as usual! Grandma has bruises on her right side...she's 77 & was cleaning her roof/gutters & the ladder wasn't open all the way & it colapsed & she fell. So my sister "volunteers" me to clean her gutters. Granted I rather do it than have her do it & fall, but I live 300 miles away...she lives 13 miles away!!! I gave her a look & she told me that she works full time...hello....I do too! ERRR! So not only do I have to clean mom's stuff, but now I'm doing gutters for grandma....my sister is an ***!
Well I'm going to bed
Closed Thread