South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - August 5

I slept in this morning, mainly because I was up several times in the night suffering from my cookie transgressions. My body will no longer tolerate crap, although they were damned good.

This morning I may need to call re the AC! It just was not touching the heat yesterday and had iced up. I ran it just on fan last night and am really hoping it blows cold this morning. Otherwise, I'll be on the phone shortly!

I plan to finish my freezer dills this morning (recipe is in the Recipe Forum) and then do some puttering around sorting books for the yardsale the end of the month. I must have about 400 cookbooks with many duplicates. Harry's trousseau had many of the same cookbooks I had. We were tummy mates as well as soul mates!

Girls are hollering. I'll be back later.

What's happening around your Beach towel?
Old 08-05-2005, 07:03 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Morning Ruth! I'm up...getting ready for work of course. After work, I going to drive south & visit dad & kloe. I'm also helping my grandmother at the fair.
Sorry about the lack of sleep Ruth....those cookies will get ya every time!
I'm off to get some b-fast...have a great day!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:09 AM   #3  
gotta lose it!

Just read yesertday's posts...KO & Ellis...thanks for your support!
Sil - sorry about your little fur-baby. (((hugs)))
Old 08-05-2005, 07:11 AM   #4  

morning ruth and soon2be...I am getting ready for my road trip...we went to trader joes last night and bought healthy snacks..I am SO proud of Josh!! he is down to 235 from 280...he has done such a wonderful job taking care of himself!!

Me on the other hand..I am stuck at 138 and plan on NOT gaining while on vacation..

hope you both have a great day!!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:38 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Ruth, if you're getting rid of a "Better Homes" cookbook, would you hang on to it for me, please? DH had one when we first got married, and I used to make a wicked Chicken Salamboca (sp?) from it.

Soon2b, I hope you have a good visit with your Dad and Kloe.

Angle, good for you for getting healthy snacks! Enjoy your roadtrip.

My mom is coming for coffee this morning (hopefully it won't be too stressful an occasion), and then I've got an eye appointment. I'm out of disposable contacts, and the last time I went, my crafty optometrist didn't give me a prescription... she just let me order (very expensive) contacts from her office.

It's cooling down a little! I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:01 AM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

I'm up early also,so I decided to pop in now when the boards are quite.
Its going to be another A/C day,have to get started to get my walkingin before it gets too hot

Ruth-Sorry to hear about your A/C hope it will be fixed soon.

Soon- Have a great time with your dad & grandma at the fair.

Angel-Have a great time on vacation,maintaining is always a plus+ if you do it.

Ellis-Hope your eye doctor doesn't pull the same trick on you like the last time.I know how expensive they can be, so my dd orders them all the time.

Well I have to go, everyone here & thats following this post have a wonderful weekend. Hugs BB
Old 08-05-2005, 08:23 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning chickies

Ruth~It sounds like both you and Harry survived the move.I hope he will like the new place. {{{HUGS}}}

Ellis and Soon~have a great time with your mom/dad. I"m sure that they are both dealing with the same feelings of loss that you are. It just never seems to go away, does it? All you can do is be supportive and loving.

Angel~Enjoy your vacation. Congrats on your and Josh's weight loss

BB~Good idea to get that walking in before the heat goes up.

Me~ I need to stop by the pet cemetary this afternoon to make the cremation plans/payment. Then when DH gets home we are going to the car dealer. DH hates car buying so I've already done all the research and test drives, etc. This dealer has met my price and interest rate but I want DH to drive it, too, before I buy it. I'm even bringing along a CD to so I can hear how it sounds in the car.
Othet than that, just trying to stay cool in the South
Old 08-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Morning chicks!!
Ellis- I feel for you girl..My mom is flying in today for 4 days...need prayers!!
Ruth- Stay cool hun, maybe iced coffee 4 u today?
2BFIT- I am so sorry about ur pup..What kind of car are u looking at?
Angel- How bout sending me some of that Trader Joe's stuff...we don't have one here
Soon- have fun with the fam
Me- busy weekend...I am just gonna try to stay as OP as possible, very little bday cake....Thanks for all of your bday wishes yesterday. Today is my actual bday...I really appreciate all of your love & support...you guys are great!!!
Anyhoo..have a great beachy day!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 08:39 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Soon~~Although you and I cannot sit down and talk to our moms, they are always around us. Cherish those dreams of her because she is connecting with you. That special bond will never be broken. {{{BIG HUGS}}}
Old 08-05-2005, 08:46 AM   #10  

Good morning, gals! It is a bright, beautiful sunny morning. In 15 minutes, Brian and I head for the airport. I just check our gate information since we are changing planes in Atlanta, and we are actually flying out of the same terminal that we fly into! That will mean we will actually have time to get some lunch!

Oh, and even better news. I talked to my sister last night. She has a wireless router with high speed access so I'm bringing my laptop! I can keep in touch at least once or twice a day

Well, I need to go pack some healthy snacks for my carryon bag. Talk to all of you tomorrow probably.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:05 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyemom
..What kind of car are u looking at?
I don't want to jinx it . It's a 2005 and he still has to find the car with the colors and options that I want, without going over our agreed "out-the-door" price. You know how they come back at you with "I found one but it has extra and the price is more". If this doesn't go through, then I will save more money and look into a 2006 next Spring.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRL
Old 08-05-2005, 10:32 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ruth I didn't sleep great either and whne My alarm went off I tried to convince myself I had set it for earlier thna intended.
Soon have a great time at the fair!
Angel Love Trader Joes!!!!
Kye its only 4 days you will get through it
2Be what kind of car?
Ellis I always Make a point of asking b/c they won't give it to you Drs Blah
Me:
I actually exercised last night! Squats Wall pushups (suprisingly hard) stretching and still Practicing My WATP moves for 10/15 minutes
Today we have our Office BBQ So I am in a mucous Green tshirt Go team etc. . . they will have grilled chicken I'm just hoping they have real salad and not just one that has Macaroni or potatoes
Old 08-05-2005, 10:52 AM   #13  

Mornin All

Ruth ~ What's done is done - You had a right to treat yourself after the week you've had. Ditch the guilt and try to do better today

Ellis ~ I order my contacts from 1-800CONTACTS. Don't know if they deliver to Canada - but you can check it out. (much Cheaper)

Mornin Beachbum-KO-kyemom

Barb ~ Have a great time. Be safe

2Bfit ~ I just bought a 2005 TrailBlazer - LOVE IT!!! But know exactly what you mean about the dealership salesmen. "Can't find EXACTLY what you are looking for - but - GREAT NEWS!!! I can get you a for only $$$$$$ More!" Gotta love it Good Luck

Gotta run - Everyone else - have a great day
Kelly
Old 08-05-2005, 10:54 AM   #14  
Kyemom

Rayney- congrats on the truck!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:58 AM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

KO, yay on the exercising!! Me, too!! I just walked to my eye appointment... a total of 40 minutes walking, which is HUGE right now.
I got a prescription. And felt guilty about asking for it. My doc seemed "surprised" that I was asking, and asked me to let her know if I found a cheaper place to buy contacts. GIVE ME A BREAK!! The last time I saw her, I bought six pairs of Acuvision from her (the two week type), and it cost me $180!! Don't tell me I can't get those somewhere cheaper...

Sil, I hope your next car is as sexy as your last one. Thinking of you this afternoon...

Barb, I hope you and Brian having a good flight!

Kyemom... four days with your mom! You will definitely have my prayers, hon.
Mom only stayed for 1/2 hour this morning, so it wasn't too stressful. She always "wants" to know how I'm doing, and then somehow the entire conversation turns into "all about her".

BB, you're smart to get your walking in early. Enjoy the beach, hon!
Hopefully my energy will kick back in soon... I should start walking down to the canal. That's as close as we get to the "beach" around here. Speaking of the canal, I see we're now in the Guiness Book of Records for having the longest skating rink in the world.
Closed Thread