South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 12:05 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Thumbs up Thursday on the Beach!!

Good morning, girls!

Okay, so it's not morning. It's 11:35 right now, and it's still Wednesday, but by the time I get done with this, it should be Thursday. heh heh.

Lydia, how's the packing going? When are you leaving?

Soon2b, I can't get over that comment that FREAK made to you at work!! What a nimrod!!!
How's your Dad, sweetie?

Sunkissed, you're doing really well... keep it up! I like the quote in your signature. That was one of my favourite "promises" that I'd pull from the "Promise Box" when we were kids. (anyone else have those things?)

Leslie, TELL me it's almost back-to-school time!
I'm sorry about your Dad. That must put a strain on the entire family.
Oh... kittens... they are SO beautiful. I love their little tails.

Mamacita, you dear vampire, you. I hope things are going well with your boss.

Kyemom, that is wonderful that your DS made friends so readily! He must have wonderful social skills... that's so important.
I cannot help you with the legumes, as I personally hate the damned things.

Little Chick, you're happy and you're journaling, and you're going to lose weight and be healthy, sweetie!

Pearshape, have a wonderful time! I hope the tanning lotion went on smoothly.

BeachBum, next week will be better... don't stress over it. You're having cooler weather, eh? It's hot here again. I feel so guilty running the air-conditioner, but...

Barb, have a wonderful vacation, sweetie... you deserve it!

Jenn, I missed something somewhere... what on earth have you done to your foot, hon?
Goodness! Look at how much weight you've lost! hooo ha!!!

KO, I'm glad your gram is doing better. And I'm so sorry about your cousin... that's so very young. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Lisa, congratulations on the exercise!

Rayneysmom, if I gain any more weight, I'm going to kill somebody!!

Nittany, your avatar is SO cool!

Bamie, how's the knee, hon? And how's your son doing? Is the cast off yet? And how's your mom?

Ruth, darling, you had the day from **** yesterday. I'm so sorry. I hope that Harry is settled in with his roto-tiller.
You need to come up soon for dim sum, eh? No carb limit, hon.

Oh! Are legumes beans and things? I like those! It's that salad junk I can't stand. Just give me a pototo and a bowl of rice and a loaf of bread and I'm happy.
Golly, I'm hungry... I wish I could go to bed, but I've got to wait up for DD to get home from seeing a band. Bizarre to be the mother of a teen... it doesn't seem that long ago that my own mother was waiting up for me...
Old 08-04-2005, 06:17 AM   #2  

LOL Ellis, I dread the day I'm the mom of 3 teen boys. EEK! You sound chipper...have you started the Zoloft yet or are you med free still?

Packing??? Ummm, guess I'll do that tonight after I do laundry. UG. We fly to San Fran at 7:30 am tomorrow, then connect to Honolulu...get there around 2pm Hawaii time.

I have to go buy goodies for my kids so they can have a treasure hunt every day while we're gone. It's the one thing they look forward to when we take a long trip. Otherwise they just sob and talk about how much they'll miss us which makes ME sob!

Ruth, glad you got through yesterday and hope you got some rest.

Hi to everyone else. I have to go back and read Wednesday's chat to see what's going on with everyone.

Happy Thursday everyone. Have a great day!

Lydia
Old 08-04-2005, 06:31 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Flying through. I slept in until after six and so did the Girls. Friends will be here for coffee at nine and I plan to bake some cookies - no sampling! - so gotta dash. Have to go back to the nursing home later with more stuff - OY!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:57 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, this will be a quick one as I have a ton of stuff to do, I want to get it all done so that I can head to the gym and then go get my brows done.

Ellis- You are sounding much like your old self again. It is good to see you posting. Have a great day.

Get'n Serious- Have a wonderful trip.

Ruth- Hugs to you and Harry, good for you no cookies.

Well I must dash and get stuff done so I can head out to the gym as soon as my one and only little guy gets picked up by 2:00. Love days like that.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:17 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chicks! Today's the day. My plane leaves at 2:30pm. I'm just drinking coffee...trying to get my caffeine fix so I can begin to think of what else I need to do today. I travel often and it always stresses me out to leave my furbabies, I don't know what it is but sometimes I can't even enjoy myself because I'm worring about them. I'm boarding my dog so I know she'll be safe, but I'm worried about her being sad. My cat is staying here for the 13 days with my friends coming over to check upon him. I just get paranoid that something bad will happen while I'm gone. I need to get these stupid thoughts out of my head!!! My rational side tells me they'll be fine but every month or two I go through this anxiety! Geesh...what'll it be like when I have human kids if it's this bad now!!

ellis: glad to see you around! my mom used to make us wake her up when we got home...luckily we were rarely late so we rarely caught h**l from here .

getnserious: everytime someone addresses you as "Lydia" for a split second I think they're talking to me! I have to remind myself I'm pearshape on here ! have a great day!

ruth: mmm..cookies!! I love baking cookies! Don't do it too often because a dozen cookies can pop themselves into my mouth no problem! Good luck on your "won't" power!

littlechick: that's so great you go to the gym. After this vacation my challenge to myself will be to do more excersice, I think it will help me lose faster.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:00 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

May I rant for a moment? Yesterday I had a order to do a draw on a nursing home patient who, it turns out has a permanent port for doing blood draws. It was put there because she HAS NO FREAKIN VEINS IN HER ARMS!! I filled out a refusal form, the nurse signed it and I thought everything was hunky dory. WRONG! I was told to do the draw anyway. The nurses on day shift over there are too lazy to draw from her port. So I had to cajol, wheedle and use every charm I possess to convince this poor woman to let me even LOOK to see if I could find a spot to stick. I wound up sticking her...IN HER FOOT!!! Tell me if that isn't just WRONG???? Okay rant is over.

Ellis, you seem cheery. How was your DD's band outing?

Ruth, you're a much better woman than I to resist homemade cookies. YUM! They are definitely a trigger food. I can't have them in the house b/c I would eat one every time I walked past the cookie jar!

Pear, are you traveling for your research or just for fun? IKWYM about the anxiety. I'm terrible about imagining all sorts of disasters happening in my absense. Odd how we have such an inflated sense of our own importance!

Good morning Lydia and Little Chick!

Okay gotta vamoose. Hope everyone has a wonderful day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 08-04-2005, 08:30 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Just flyin by on my broom out the door. Will try to check in later to catch up!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:31 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Morning everyone!!!
Ellis, glad to see you back (even of it is the night before..lol)
Ruth- you have so many friends that come over for coffee...I need to retire so I can have coffee with my friends, instead of my computer!!
Mama- Lazy , lazy people in this world, huh?
Everyone else....Good morning!! Have a great day on the beach
Me- I am going out to lunch with my best girlfriend for my birthday (shhhh don't tell..I am going backwards)...Don't know where we are going yet, but I know I want to stay OP, cause I will probably slip tomorrow, with cake & such, when my mother comes in town. My kids want to bake me a cake themselves....we will see about that (7&5) Anyway, made that chicken & eggplant casserole in the SB cookbook...Man I love that stuff...having it for breakfast today!!! Have a great op day everybady!!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:32 AM   #9  

Mamacita!! When you sign a refusal, don't they get it that you're NOT doing the draw!?!?
That poor woman. What a job you've got, girl.
DD had a great time with her friends. They frequent one of those places that is sort of a bar/music hall type place that allows minors. (they're not "served", of course)
I like that they get out to see live music. Other than seeing the occasional rocker on tour when we were teens, we didn't get out much. Just sat around listening to records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearshape
Geesh...what'll it be like when I have human kids if it's this bad now!!
Human kids...
Have a great trip, hon. Your "babies" will be just fine.

Little Chick, have a great workout!

Ruth... love and hugs to help you through the day...

Lydia, I'm just waiting for the drugstore to open so I can pick up my meds.
That's so sweet that you do a treasure hunt!

We've got someone coming today to level the attic bathroom floor so we can throw some lino over the ceramic tile prior to getting the "bowl" back in. (trying to be subtle in case people are breakfasting) I don't know why we didn't pay someone to do this six months ago... we kept thinking we'd do it ourselves. Yeah, right!

Must get coffee... then a trip with DS to the dentist... have a wonderful day, girls!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:33 AM   #10  

Kyemom, I missed your post!! Have a wonderful day, hon!!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:39 AM   #11  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

The weather on the cape is so changeable, Hot one day cooler the next, than back to hot again. The reason is the humidity changes not the heat. I'm way up on the scale this morn,even if I had a great beach week,BLOATED and SWELLING with water.

Thanks Ellis for you conferdence in me lossing. The water retention where you can't get your shoes on in getting unbareable.In the old WW they use to say flush water with water,but I don't think it works in my case.

seriousHave a wonderful hawaiian vacation,can't wait to get ther next year.

Ruth & little Chick Have a great day.

Pearshape Don't stress out, the animals will be ok.I know I had a kitty cat that I had to leave also. When you come to get them how happy they will be.

MamacitaYikes not finding a vein and having to stab her in the foot I would have fainted. Sorry you had so much troble withthe other nurse.

Kyemom Happy Birthday have a wonderful time celebrating your birthday with your friends. birthday

Well all the chicks that I didn't get to,have a wonderful beach day. Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 08-04-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:00 AM   #12  

Good Morning All !!

Mama ~ I'm confused (nothing unusual) but, why couldn't you use the port?? Hope today is better for you.

Ellis ~ "Rayneysmom, if I gain any more weight, I'm going to kill somebody!!" I am STAYIN OUT OF YOUR WAY!!!!!!! Geesh - you're scary! Please TAKE THE ZOLOFT! I'll pray that you gain NO weight!!! For everyone's sake

Pearshape ~ Human Kids - That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Especially when they get to be teenagers!!! Hope you have a great time on your trip. Everyone at home will be fine.,

Lydia ~ Good morning sweetie - hope you have a great day

Ruthie ~ So sorry to hear that you had a rough time yesterday. I have faith that it will get better now once Harry gets settled and is comfortable with his surroundings. Have a great time with your friends. COOOOOKIES!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Kye~ Have a great time - Not TOO much cake OK??

Little Chick - Bamie & Beachbum ~ Hope you all have a lovely day!

Catch ya'll later!! Peace
Old 08-04-2005, 09:08 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My pals aren't here yet and I ate a cookie! They are absolutely delicious! I don't dare to post the recipe or Suzanne3FC will boot me out.

I'm enjoying the AC while I can/ My friends like to sit on the wicker on the front porch because it's "quaint" so I'll be pretty warm by noon! Lorraien and Dave are helping me with the furniture transporting this afternoon so I'll be pretty darn warm by suppertime.

BBQ chicken for sure - maybe beer can chicken? Anybody else do that?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:13 AM   #14  
Kyemom

yes beer can chicken is yummy!!! I am doing Tuna Steaks tonight. Anyone have a different recipe for them?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:53 AM   #15  

Well, I finally made my list of everything I need to pack so it should go quickly. I'm hopping over to the gym in a bit to see if the morning Powerflex class is as good as the one I go to on Saturday. I haven't made it since Monday so I really want to get a good workout in before I leave for South Carolina tomorrow morning.

I think Brian is going to be fine about flying. He hasn't flown in a few years but he doesn't seem nervous. THe only reason I worry a little is that the news have really focused on the Delta plane crash that happened in Dallas 20 years ago this week. And then the plane in Toronto ran off the runway exactly 20 years afterwards. I THINK I managed to keep him from hearling about that (and it had a happy ending anyway) but I don't want him to worry. So many of my friends will no longer even fly. This is Brian's first flight since 9/11 and he understands about the tightened security. He'll have his GameBoy so I imagine he will be fine.

They are doing a talent show at day care today. He took his cheap harmonica but he complains it is too small so I told him I would bring his expensive one he got for his birthday in time for the show. He's just learning and can play Hot Cross Buns and Mary Had a Little Lamb. His Dad is teaching him. Harmonica is something I never learned to play.
Closed Thread