South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 AM   #16  
A Lily from my yard!

Ok a quick return for me.

Ellis...The knee is about the same. Not as much pain as before the surgery but not pain free. Tolerable I guess! lol DS is fine. The elbow is all behind us now...(I hope). Mom was doin real good but now she is sick again! DS was over with her 4 yr old who she did not know at the time was coming down with something and it seems Mom got it as well! I am goin up over the weekend and i think she is coming home with me.

Ruth....Hugs today as well! NO more cookies though! I understand cause Monday was my anniversary and DH bein the thoughtful person he is brings me home a pint of Ben & Jerry's cookie dough that I fell into! lol I'm over it now and it's a new day! You'll burn it off this afternoon! lol

Beer can chicken? Never heard of it? Please fill me in!

Gotta jet sorry! Hello everyone!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #17  

Bamie I think with beer can chicken you open a can of beer, stick it up the chicken's butt and grill it upright. It is supposed to be really good, but I have never tried it.

Ellis I love to see you posting!!

Ruth Yum..... cookies!!!

Barb Have an awesome trip!

Me- Crazy morning here as I dropped of the baby at daycare and had forgotten her diaper bag- bottles, formula, everything! So I had to go back home (about a 20 minute drive with NO traffic- a beating when there is traffic!) Oh wel, at least kids aren't back at school yet, just meetings still and working in our rooms.

Today is Day 6 of Phase 1- things are going well.

Happy 2 month birthday to my sweet Meg! She is doing well in daycare, so that is a big comfort for me. She is a sweetie.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #18  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone! I'm still sleeply. I haven't been sleeping well lately. I find myself dreaming about my mom. Last's night I dreamt that mom & I were sitting at a table drinking tea (at least I'm op in my dreams!) and talking about stuff going on now in my life. Then I wake up & I realize she's gone & I won't get to sit & chat with her again...so I end up crying for an hour & then I try to go back to sleep. Ugh!
Anyway...the scale is not moving....I think it's on strike! Curses! I also found out that I am up for a promotion (yeah!) I have to create a bio of myself & give a 5 mins presentation about myself & my leadership skills - I'm not exactly thrilled about this. But anything is better that working for the idiot I work for now!!
Well, I'm going to read some more posts & eat some breakfast...
Ellis - I talked to Dad last Sunday.....he cancelled on me - we were suppose to go to a family reunion & he complained that no one will go with him, so I took the day off -which I work retail, I have to request this off a month in advance & he cancelled. I understand his reasonings, but the reunion is something he always enjoyed & it makes me made that he's "shutting off." I'm visiting on Sat, so we'll see if he's doing better.
Ruth - cookies....stay strong!!
Bamie - hello - hope the knee feels better asap!
Pear - enjoy your trip with BF....don't worry the furbabies will be fine!!
Everyone else - hello & have a great day!!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:57 AM   #19  
going places

So I woke up this morning and realized IT’S ALMOST TIME FOR BACK TO SCHOOL! I promised myself after last year that I’d be more prepared for this year…um…guess I forgot about that one. I’ve got 4 boys, 9, 10, 12 and 17 so you’d think that hand-me-downs would be a lifesaver with the cost of clothes…NOT!! They’re all different builds…the 9 and 12 year olds wear slim, the 10 yr old wears reg….it’s just not fair!

Ellis – Do you take Zoloft? I’ve been toying with the idea of going to the doc to discuss this. I seem to be so emotional all the time lately. Good day, bad day…over and over. I seriously am feeling overwhelmed at times from all of the emotions.

Ruth – That’s my mom’s name…and also my middle name You naughty girl, you! No more cookies for you…that’s right….step AWAY from the cookies. No, seriously…put it down.

Kyemom – Happy birthday, sweetie! The last B-day I celebrated was 29. I wonder how long I can go with that number.

Pear – I hope you have a great time! I once left my cat while I went on a cruise to the Bahamas. We lived out in the country so I just left him outside with a big tub of water and food in the shed. Upon arriving home Mr. Kitty greeted me at the front porch with all of his ‘trophies’ that he’d acquired during my absence! There were probably 10 critter corpses lined up on my front porch ranging from moles to field mice. I’m gasping in horror as my kitty is looking up at me with that proud ‘look at me, mom…didn’t I do good?’ look on his face!

Beach bum – You poor thing! I know exactly what you mean with the water retention. There are so many times I’ve actually been stuck at home simply because I couldn’t get my shoes on! It’s sooo painful, too. Fortunately the water works for me…I have to drink a whole lot of it, though.

To the rest of you – Have a great day!

One of these days I’m gonna make it here early enough to actually have coffee with y’all.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:06 PM   #20  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Going to lunch with the work peeps but flying in-

Happy Birthday KYEMOM!!!!!

Ellis -- I hurt it in Dec. I just dismissed it as falling arches but apparently I have serious tendonitis in it. I can't afford the custom insoles they want me to get or the PT so for now, I hobble.

Have a good day all!!! Will catch up later...
Old 08-04-2005, 12:42 PM   #21  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Happy Birthday Kyemom!!!!!! I love Birthdays Numbers or not
As for Swelling/Water retention I can't go without shoes once it gets warm or even wear sandals that don't totally cover my foot or else the swelling is unbearable
Soon to sound totally out there maybe the dream was a way that your mom's spirit is connecting with you. The love she had for you didn't pass away it still surrounds you.
Ruth COOOOOKIES what kind of cookies were they again? how was coffee? I love front porches but when its Hot Give me my AC
I have to go back to the last page to respond to everyone I'm getting forgetful!
as for me I'm eating something Extra at lunch they have grilled Tilapia and since my salad didn't fill me yesterday I thought a little extra protien would do a body good
I'm still stuck at 199 grrrr
and I'm starting Phase 2 monday and am very nervous about it!
bbiab Kierie
Kierie
Old 08-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #22  

Height: 5'-2"

Soon2b, I'm so sorry, sweetie. It's so hard, isn't it. Sending you lots of love and hugs... And I hope you can get your Dad "out and moving" again. You're right... it's not good for him to shut himself away.

Valerie, I'm starting the Zoloft today. (still haven't picked it up...) Our 16 year old daughter has been taking it for two years with good results, so my psychi is hoping that it'll work for me, too.
I don't know a lot about it. I suffer from a chemical imbalance... I've been diagnosed with Dysthymia and Major Depressive Disorder.
I hope you find something that works for you, hon... don't let your emotions ruin/rule your life.

Kiko, Happy Birthday to little Meg! Wow, she's two months already!!

Bamie, hugs for you and your mom... hope she heals quickly...

Just got back from taking DS to the dentist. Our dentist uses laughing gas on the kids, and it's GREAT! No pain, no frozen mouths... Little DS is happy as a lark, whistling away in the playroom.

In case you were wondering about the weather in Ottawa; and I'm sure you all were, it's 40C right now with the humidex. That's ummm... 104F. Thank God we got this air-conditioner...

I don't know why I'm so perky when I'm not on any meds... kind of creepy... I'm waiting for something bad to happen, like the top of my head blowing off.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #23  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ellis Before I had Meds (I love Welbutrin btw it helps me walk away from the fridge!) I never trusted a good mood. Good Luck with the Zoloft I don't think it has weight gain as a side effect
Ok so update on my fish while it said grilled it was fried in a coconut coating Bleh
I peeled off the coating and still ate the fish but now am feeling so greasy and gross
Confounded cafeteria!
Old 08-04-2005, 01:49 PM   #24  

I just took my first Zoloft, KO. And you're right... never trust a good mood.
I've thought about Welbutrin... so it really does have a bit of an appetite suppressant effect, eh?
I like what you said about Soon2b's mom. I agree completely.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #25  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi Ellis!! So glad to see you are so chipper today Good luck with the Zoloft. I took Welbutrin when I went through my funk over my mom and it worked well. It also helped alittle with the appetite but it has a risk of seizures.

Me~Good day, bad day: making plans to buy a new car and to have my Kasey (dog) euthanized next Tuesday. I'm waiting for the crematory to return my call right now, so I can coordinate things with my vet.

I lost another pound this week
Old 08-04-2005, 02:19 PM   #26  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

The Seizure Risk is Low My Doc showed it to me in his big med journal
Seriously tho I went from Crying everyday and living on comfort food. to in the week before i started SBD remembering to eat but being able to stop eating when I was full (which I have NEVER in 29 years been able to do) even with the events of last week I didn't have a food fest. and Normally I still would have my head in the fridge
Maybe its partially the suppressant and partially the Hey I'm not depressed for the first time in 20 years
This is by no means an infomercial for the drug everyone finds their own way My DH has great luck with Zoloft

Sil I'm so sorry about your Kasey
I should really do some work!
Old 08-04-2005, 02:34 PM   #27  

Oh, Sil!! I'm so very sorry about little Kasey. What a difficult decision to have to make, hon. I'll be thinking about you...

KO, nice feeling not being depressed for the first time in 20 years. I can totally relate, hon.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:58 PM   #28  
going places

KO - after reading your post about not being depressed for the first time in 20 years I'm definitely going to the Doc. I'm so totally anti-doctor, though. I could be dying and still say, 'I'll be fine.' Last January DBF had to drag my delirious half conscious body to the hospital...I had a temp of over 104 and still tried to refuse to go in. The doc actually said that if I had waited even a few more hours that I could have died from the pneumonia that I had. There are days that I feel literally paralyzed with being depressed. Other days I'm on top of the world...if I had a bad day every now and then I could deal with that...but they are really compounding these last few years. I've been fooling myself long enough...I've got to address this. So, how long have you been on Welbutrin and how long does it take to feel the effects? Can you take it long term?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:00 PM   #29  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Just came back from the gym and feeling fine. Dh is at work, one dd is cadding at the golf course and the other is at grandma's. The house is totally quiet and I am loving it. It is very rare that I get the house to myself. I have supper all planned but not started, tonight we dine on taco salad. I am in day three now and am doing great. i think i may have my head wrapped around this I say that quietly as not to jinx myself . Well I should go do something but I am not sure what.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:50 PM   #30  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Val, I have a general Distrust of Drs too This guy was DH's head shrinker and he's good.
I've been on it about a month and it was action packed. Before the appt I was crying daily for no reason within 2 days probably a bit on the first day (the first day it made me very hyper) I was feeling better I was noticing that i felt better. Even through last week with my gram and my cousin I was sad and I was depressed a bit but i didn't cease to function like i "normally" would
I tried Paxil for over a year and I still had the doom and gloom fest. So i think in my utterly nonexpert opinion that you just have to find what works for you.
Ok enough of my novel!
its 10 minutes to quittin time!
bbl
Kierie
Closed Thread