South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 03:06 PM   #1  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Default What's up with your avatar??

I thought it might be kinda fun to know why everyone picked the avatar they did. It might help us all get to know each other better. Is it a personal picture, goal, something sentimental, something you thought was funny??? I'm sure we'll all have some cool stories.

I'll start with me, I picked mine because photographing mushrooms, or any sort of fungus, is a hobby of mine. I have an amatuer fascination with fungi and I was a photographer for 10 years b4 getting my BS in Biology so I'm using my skill to learn more and collect pictures from all the forests I hike in. The one in my current avatar is the first fungus picture I ever took. I had mentioned a few days earlier to my bf that I wanted to start a fungus picture collection, he was like, "Yeah...OK...fungus". I mentioned it once and that's it!! Well, he remembered and pointed this one out to me on one of our hikes...I didn't even see it at first. In addition to adding it to my collection, it reminds me of what a supportive and thoughtful guy I've got. The picture is of an old fungus being eaten by a new fungus....mold. Ahhh...the circle of life.....!!

I plan on changing mine every so often! My first avatar was my dog, then my cat, now this one. Not sure what the next one will be.......
Old 08-03-2005, 03:15 PM   #2  
Started SBD 1/26/04

I picked mine because I love snow and cold weather. Also there is nothing more determined than a fragile snowflake. Just think a few of them can shut down a city in no time.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:17 PM   #3  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

I picked mine because the pink caught my eye. And it reminds me that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:18 PM   #4  
going places

That's a great history of your avatar, pear!

Mine's just me at my highest weight of 235, the pic is about 2 months old. I figured I'd post a new one every few months as I lost weight.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:27 PM   #5  
Kyemom

I went to the Bahamas last summer, and did a dolphin swim. I have always loved dolphins, but since that day, I am so obsessed with them!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:29 PM   #6  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

That's a nice idea Val. I'm too chicken to put a real picture of myself online. Maybe when I get to my goal weight, I'll think differently.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Karla, I never thought about that with snowflakes, but it's so true! Thanks for that inspiration!

Great idea, Pear!

I used to have a bunny butt as my avatar, but I wanted something more me once I'd been here for a while. I was going to use this painting I knew I loved, but couldn't find it online (and have never been able to remember the name). Instead, I found a painting done by the "Bunnies of the Rainbow" artist and used that. I love rabbits (we are 'slaves' to two of them) and this seemed to be a good fit.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

What a great topic pear!

I love goats - they're sharp, intelligent, and fun. And I love goat cheese too !

I'm also a bit too shy to put a real picture of myself here. Like Nittany, I may do as I get closer to goal.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #9  

I also love dolphins, kyemom. I grew up in Florida and love the water. Now that I am in Texas and live over 5 hours from the beach, I really miss it. In fact, I love dolphins so much that I have a tattoo of two dolphins on my right thigh. Now that I can wear shorter shorts, I get lots of comments from people that notice the dolphins peeking out.

Last edited by Barb0522; 08-03-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:04 PM   #10  
Kyemom

I knew I like your Barb!!! I have pictures of me kissing the dolphins on the mouth, I should put that as my Avatar!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:09 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have my two Girls on my avatar - Hershey in red and Lucy in blue just as they are in real life. My picture is in my profile.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:58 PM   #12  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

My nick name..for some is Spill, and another nick name is Beans. I combined them both.

I also correlated it with spilling the beans as in getting rid of the weight.

It's a pic of jellybeans, more colorful than a bunch of beans, plust I eat those all the time now, thanks to SBD, rather torture myelf with some beans that I can't eat.

Last edited by spillthebeans; 08-04-2005 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:05 PM   #13  

Mine is of our dog, Lady. She looks a bit different now because my brother gave her a haircut while we were away on vacation. She now looks like a multi-coloured lab. Sigh.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:25 PM   #14  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Wow, it's so cool to read all your posts. I was worried people would think this was a dumb thread.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:16 PM   #15  
gotta lose it!

Pear -this was a great idea!! My avatar is my beautiful niece, Kloe. She always makes me smile! I change mine often as well....usually when I get update photos of her. Which I will see her on Sat......can't wait!
Closed Thread