South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 01:21 PM   #1  

Talking New on the beach, indeed! *Puts on sunglasses*

Hi there, fellow-beachers!
I just started south beach with my dad. I read that I ought to introduce myself, and I'm not sure if this is the way I'm supposed to do it or not...
but oh well!
I'm a veggie south-beacher, and I'm 18. My dad and I got through about a week of phase one until we both had major setbacks. *cough* ice cream, krispy kremes, cookies *cough* and now we're starting back. We've got two weeks until we're going to one of his friend's wedding. Dad needs to lose, I'm just trying to maintain, maybe shed a few pounds. Mainly we're reforming our eating habits. He was recently diagnosed with acid reflux in addition to his history of yo-yo dieting, so major lifestyle-changes are in order! I'm looking forward to improving our health and making improvements to our eating habits- for life!

So here I am on the Beach. Is everyone wearing their sunscreen? We don't need skin cancer on these healthy skinny bodies we're working on! ^^
Old 07-15-2005, 01:43 PM   #2  

Welcome to the Beach, darling! Make sure you are getting enough calories and healthy carbs. You should be eating phase 2 or even phase 3 if you don't need to lose weight. Some things we did in my family when I was on phase 1 and my family was not was for me to serve meals over rice or pasta for them and over shredded cabbage or other vegetables for me. Of course, we all eat WW pasta now and Uncle Ben's converted rice.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:06 PM   #3  
Kyemom

Welcome darling!!! What a great girl to support your Dad like this!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 02:33 PM   #4  

Thanks for the welcome! My dad and I are really close, and since we've both had unhealthy eating habits in different ways, all kinds of extremes, we're really motivated to work together on this one.
What is uncle ben's converted rice?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:43 PM   #5  

Welcome! I am sure you will love it here. The gals are great and the info is great as well!
Old 07-15-2005, 04:16 PM   #6  

Ah a new baby chick and a Rooster to boot! Welcome to you both! Tell Dad that one of the things that I've noticed is that I no longer have heartburn... hope he experiences the same ...Here's your towels...now find a spot on the beach !
Old 07-15-2005, 04:55 PM   #7  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hi Darlingchick welcome to the beach.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:13 PM   #8  

Uncle Ben's Original Converted rice is a white rice that is low glycemic and is allowed on phase 2 of South Beach. Just don't get the instant or flavored varieties. My family cannot tell the difference between it and regular white rice.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome to the beach, darling!

I think it's great that you are supporting your dad and that you both were wise enough to start over again after your slip up. Doing the two full weeks of Phase 1 is so important!

Welcome!
Closed Thread