South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #1  
Kyemom

Default Weight Gain at TOM??

Anyone know what the average person gains during TOM? Is it actual weight or just the feeling of being bloated? Trying to figure out if we get an acurate weight at that TOM...Thanks
Old 07-08-2005, 02:39 PM   #2  
Haley

I'm always 3-4 pounds heavier during, it always goes down when it's over, but I never have a bloated feeling, that's just what the scale says. I've stopped weighing myself completely during that TOM because it can be so inaccurate.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #3  

Question

Not sure why, but for the last two months I have not gained any weight or got bloated when TOM came around.
The scale stays exactly the same throughout that time.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:26 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

I usually gain 2-3 pounds.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Talking

I can count on a 3-6 pound gain. I feel horribly bloated, my fingers, boobs, ankles, thighs.....you name it, it's bloated! I sometimes take a diuretic but try to avoid them. Drinking lots of water really helps but doesn't eliminate it completely. I've come to accept it as just a woman thing. On the other hand, it sure does feel good for the two weeks after my period. I've always said we women only get two good weeks a month, one week were PMSing and the next we're on our periods! It's not fair!!!!

Last edited by pearshape; 07-08-2005 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #6  

I know I can't be the only one with this problem. So, I'm doing really well with my weight loss, I'm exercising daily, I'm eating really well and the scale reflects my efforts...
UNTIL my period rears its ugly head.

I am gaining 2-4lbs during my period pretty consistently every month.
Even when I continue to eat well and exercise, I gain weight and then it doesn't just go away like it's supposed to!!!

I get famished during my period so my intake does go up slightly but not drastically. I've been calming my chocolate cravings with a square of dove dark chocolate (90 calories per bar), 2% chocolate milk, or fat free pudding. I haven't been yielding to the junk food cravings. I don't really have a hard time with that except during my period. My portion sizes continue to be controlled. I've been making the effort to exercise even through cramps but still I see a gain.
I've looked over my food journal and weight records and this is consistently happening each month. And I get stuck with a few pounds back each month. It's driving me insane!

Last week I reached my goal of getting out of the 50's and I was around 248.5 and 249, today I'm weighing in at 251. It's sooooo infuriating! I keep recycling pounds and it's driving me crazy!

I just posted on the support forum and got the link for this thread so I'm reposting here. Must be that time around here! LOL

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #7  

I go through the SAME thing! Drink tons of water to help flush out the water.. I know.. doesn't make sense but it helps.. watch your salt intake as salt will make you retain.. Don't give in to cravings thinking the scale went up anyway... In a few days if you stick to your guns it will drop back off!
Awwwwwwww... the joys of womanhood!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #8  
FerretNose

Just wanted to add that, if you're on the pill, that may cause the cumulative weight gain mentioned- where it doesn't just come during your period and then go away after, but seems to stick around after and add up. Happened to me once, drove me nuts. Then i had to switch around pills until I got one that didn't affect me that way.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I talked to my GYN about weight gain and the pill. I gained about 20 pounds in a few months while on it. She brought up a good point: take it at night before bed. You can't eat if you are sleeping Unless you are REALLY talented!!!
Closed Thread