South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 06:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - June 1

"What is so rare as a day in June?
Then, if ever, come perfect days."
James Russell Lowell

Welcome to summer! It is just gorgeous out there! My Glory of Moscow lilac is coming into flower and you can smell it in the house. It's just a fabulous sunrise and definitely a coffee on the deck morning.

I'll be doing some more village planting this morning but hope to work on my own planting this afternoon. I'd better spend some time in the house today because my kitchen floor is so dirty I could plant on it!

What's happening with you this lovely June morning?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:40 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a wonderful weekend,relaxing, reading some books while taking in the sun.Up early as I'm having a tingling effect on my left arm.Its something like when your fingers fall asleep,well this is happening from my shoulder to my fingers and it doesn't stop. Oh!! I Maintained this week at W-I,whats else is new,can't seem to get that tracker to go down.

Ruth-wish we could open the computer to see & smell your lovely Glory of Moscow Lilacs. Your garden sound so beautiful,I'm sure you put alot of work into them.

Have a nice day ladies

Hugs BB
Old 06-01-2005, 08:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I hear ya, Ruth. I was just thinking of planting something in my left thumbnail.
I gardened yesterday and chopped up a bunch of offending trees. Manitoba Maples. Anyone want 600 000 seedlings?

BB, are you okay? Get that checked out, hon. It's not one of those "heart attack things", is it?

I've got to get the kids off... back in a mo...
Old 06-01-2005, 08:21 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

I can't send you the scent but here is a picture of my lovely lilac.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:24 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Holy! Where did you get THAT!? It's beautiful!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:25 AM   #6  

Good morning! Its sunny out there..yes i do beleive that the big yellow thing in the sky is called the s u n!!! Sure makes you feel motivated to get out of bed!

Today The scale and I had a bit of a fight..I hate it when you go up a few pounds...but I know its not actually WEIGHT but Prob water...and or something else i have been kinda backed up AGAIN ugh i might try some plain prune juice....hmmm that might be a good idea. I made those black bean brownies last night and YUM! surprising at how good they are!!

I did some crunches this morning and some weights..so surprised at how tired I get now!! i Def need to get back into a routine!

Last night I convinced the boy and his friends to not go out to dinner but instead to cook up some steak and some veggies....and then instead of a high fat high sugar/carb dessert that they were bound to eat..I made up some of those brownies and they were gone in a few seconds!...

I had some oatmeal pancakes with half an apple and cottage cheese this morning....I brought a cheese stick for snack @ 10:30....then nofat plain yogart and an orange for lunch...some celery for 2:30....then for dinner I dont know..prob tuna and a salad....dont know...but i am def gonna do Pilates tonight! and Tomorrow I am gonna make sure i get to the track to run a mile....whew well there is my plan HOPE all of YOU have a great day!!!

Last edited by angelshine90; 06-01-2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:31 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Ellis, I tried for three years to get one and finally found it, in stock, at Sheridan (!) Nurseries! Hmmm...I guess this should be in the garden thread.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, what a lovely way to start the morning! Thank you so much for transporting us to beautiful Delta, even if just for moment! Planting on your kitchen floor...that's an idea! What about some soft baby's tears...would definitely take away the mud problem... Enjoy the day of digging in the dirt! I'm in love with your gorgeous lilac!!! I have a Korean lilac called "Miss Kim". It's really nice.

BB that's odd about your arm! If it persists, you might want to call your doctor. Just to be safe. I hear you about the tracker. Mine didn't move for several months. Try switching around what you are eating, doing different kinds of exercise (like walk on the dry sand if you usually walk on wet, or on the pavement instead of the sand, etc.) or exercising during a different part of the day. Maybe carry some hand weights while walking the beach and do some arm exercises? Little bicep curls would be discrete. Eventually, the plateau will break. Until then, remember: "Better to maintain than to gain!" (doesn't that sound like something your mom would say? )

Oh, Ellis, my friend calls those maple seedlings 'spinners' after the seed casings. They are SO annoying and are everywhere. It's amazing the world isn't carpeted in maples...I think they must be the most effective seed system in the world! at your planting in your fingernail.

Angel, I hear you on the sun! It makes me have so much more energy!!! Good for you on getting the boy and friends to stay home and eat healthy...good for you, good for them! Hon, yogurt does have some protein, but it's actually processed as a carb. I didn't know it until I met with a nutritionist, but it's true. You need to add some meat, nuts, or beans to your lunch so you can keep the muscle you're building, okay? Try stool softeners or metamucil to get 'unpacked' (I feel your pain...it's been that way for me for the last 2 weeks! )...though unsweetened prune juice is listed as "limited" (once a week allowed) in the GFGCG, it might start up your cravings again. Enjoy your day and good for you on all the working out!

Me:
In spite of a late night last night and very little sleep (arrgh!) I stayed at 210 (.5) this morning. Yippee!!! I'm changing my ticker and hoping I don't have to go back up! It feels SO good to finally be losing again. I can't wait to finish my homework so I can start using fitday!

Didn't make it to the gym due to staying up late. I feel so stupid...I spent most of the time trying to upload pics of Ethan to the computer and then to the site where I post my pics along with surfing the web for books. Then I got distracted by DH (no comment... ) and then at 3 a.m. after the computer died for the second time that night, I decided to go to bed. I didn't get much done...wrote some things out by hand while waiting for the computer to crank back up again, but not much else. I need to crack down today at work and at home. DH is in charge of the meal tonight. He won't be pleased, but he'll do it. Bless him.

Actually, tonight's dinner looks good, provided I can get things made at lunch! We're having steak sandwiches--marinated flank steak cooked on the grill with grilled vidalia onions, arugula mayo, fresh tomatoes, and grilled sourdough bread. We'll have homemade coleslaw with it, and if I'm still hungry, I'll have some broccoli with cheese. Yum!

Have my last class tomorrow and it sounds like it might either be short or easy. I'm thankful because I'm the only one in my cohort with a class tomorrow and the rest are throwing a graduation party that I would much rather be at! They'll be grilling out, playing board games and volleyball and just having fun. DH will go with me, and we'll have leftover sandwiches before we go so we aren't tempted to eat their food. We'll bring some red wine so I'll have something to sip, too. Should be fun!

Have a great day, chickies! (Ruth, I'm going to be looking everywhere for that lilac now!)
Old 06-01-2005, 10:08 AM   #9  

Good morning! Day 2 in Phase II for me. I added strawberries yesterday! It was a very exciting moment. I'm just going to add one fruit per day for the first week to see how it affects the scale. I guess we'll see.

I made it out of bed this morning to run! Start'n June off right!

BB: I've had that numb arm thing several times. At first I panicked and thought I was having a stroke or the beginning of a migrane. It turned out I needed to see my chiropractor. I had something out of alignment that was affecting the blood flow to my arm and head. That would explain the somewhat dizzy, brain-dead feeling. Anyway, after an adjustment I was fine. I would definitely look into it though, you're health is so important.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:08 AM   #10  

I just wrote a long post and the computer ate it. So the short version...
We have rain.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:29 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Angel, I bumped up an old post of mine from when I visited the nutritionist. The ninth post has the calculation she gave me for the amount of protein you should be eating each day.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning gals
I am having a hard time waking up this morning...I dreamed about DRUGS all night (Last night was my 2nd day working in the Pharmacy)
This morning, I had to head down to the wellness center to meet with my trainer and it was time to weigh in and have my fat measured....I already knew that I was down another 4 lbs, but I was also down about 4% on my body fat! When my weight popped up on the screen he looked very surprised! I had him check my blood pressure too, and it was down as well!
My legs and bum are sore again today from the exercises he added on Monday, you should have seen me trying to run down 2 flights of stairs last night, we had to run down with a refill bin for a crash cart...they had used up the other bin on a code blue and needed more stuff. It was really sad, I've never seen anyone having CPR performed on them, he didn't make it either.

My oldest DD just called, they were getting ready to take off from Atlanta to Cancun! She's actually going to be in Playa del Carmen. I WISH I WAS GOING!!

Ruth:
Your back porch sounds so inviting!!!!! Your lilac is gorgeous!!!

Beach Bum:
That's kinda scary, I think I would have myself checked out!!

Angel:
I'm glad you have the sun!! I wondered where it went!!! We're getting RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!!!

beachgal:
Congrats on your loss!!! woo hoo!

LOVE:
It's something isn't it, I never thought I'd get so excited to see an apple or a strawberry!!! Or that a piece of dry 100% whole wheat toast could taste soooo good!

Mama:
We got rain too

I am gonna head out to the gym and get my exercise in now
I'll talk to you chickies later!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:56 AM   #13  

Morning--Ruth, I'm so envious of your lilacs...definitely one of the things the north has over us. I'm from Michigan, and my mom has a beautiful lilac tree. Every year when they would bloom, she'd put a HUGE vase of them on my dresser. Here, we get these hanging viney things that bloom in late March/ early April along the side of the road. I've tried stopping and cutting some, but they died almost right away, and were too hangey to even put in a vase properly. So now I just roll down my windows at stoplights and breathe...

Crummy mood this am. It's raining (thanks for sending it this way, you yankees! couldn't you send it to someplace that really needs rain?) and I went up 4 pounds in one day! Actually, I think I drink TOO MUCH. Friday through Monday, I was barely getting 48 oz. a day of water or anything else. And I lost! Yesterday I started back up to my "normal": two and a half 34 oz mugs of water, 1 cup coffee, two 28 oz. bottles of Crystal Light, and a 12 oz glass of water before bed. I think that equals 97 oz. of water, and 64 oz of other, for a grand total of 161 oz a day. So today, I have had one cup of ordinary coffee, and one skim milk latte grande with SF caramel syrup. (Went to the coffeehouse because I was in such a pouty mood.) I'll take it easy on the liquid intake and see what happens. And I was so excited because yesterday was supposed to be my weigh in and measurements day at curves, but the lady was busy with new customers and could not help me before I had to leave. Now I don't even want to go because I"m feeling so yucky. And I had half a chapati yesterday afternoon. (There! I confessed! Didn't want to but you beat it out of me. I hate this accountability crap!) And i can't even find the "smiley" I want, so imagine the head down banging fist one RIGHT HERE!

did i mention i'm pms-ing?

I'd better go before I hurt someone............
Old 06-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Wow....I'm a little late today!! Lots of post in here, guess this IS the place to be! My scale is up this morning - must be broken! I made a wonderful lasagna yesterday - got the recipe from calorie commando! Only used 4 pasta noodles & they were wheat....lots of veggies and red pepper flakes - yummy! I have to work this evening - it's hard going back after being off for 5 days!!!
Ruth - the garden sounds lovely - love your lilac
Ellis - have fun getting the kids
BB - take care of yourself!!!!
Laurie - dinner sounds yummy!!!
Mamaeli - I couldn't tell you were pms - ing.....
Phins - drugs, that's an odd dream!
Angel - we have sun here too - I love it!!
Love - Enjoy the berries!!!
Well I'm off to watch the View & do some crunches!! Have a great OP day!!
Old 06-01-2005, 11:19 AM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chicks

Ruth that lilac is beautiful. Our purple ones are over. We all had bunches in our bedrooms and they smelled divine.

All of you who got rain! We need it here in West Michigan. None planned until this weekend. Everyone has begun to water their lawns and gardens. Only the water dept is happy about that. Since we have to pay for water here in the city.

I went to the chiropractor yesterday and got straightened out. I also weighed in this morning and was up 1 pound. I'm not going to fret cause TOM is due on Friday and I'm super PMSie and bloated. If I'm still up a pound after TOM then I better change my strategy on this counting calories business. I'm averaging about 1300 calories a day and my caloric break point is 1782 so we'll see what happens next week. I also haven't exercised too much because of my back. Hopefully I'll get back on the bandwagon soon.
Closed Thread