South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 08:47 AM   #31  

Good morning everyone!

its a beautiful sunny morning!! thank goodness...it has been a very interesting weekend so far but i have not cheated ONCE..not even on the butter cream cake that was put in my face...and the huge dish of pasta! ....I had a huge salad and some coffee for dessert and I felt fine! I was so proud of Josh who did a great job avoiding all of his favorite foods! I am done an other pound this morning wooohoo!

hope all of you have a wonderful holiday!!!

<3
chels
Old 05-30-2005, 11:37 AM   #32  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oh, Bamie...someone obviously dropped the X on his head as a baby. How could he let your son get hurt on the same arm? I hope DS is okay.

Ruth, do you feel tired? As you get older, you need less sleep. I'm with Schatzi and Ellis...use that time to relax and have some alone time away from Mr. Pouty, Code Browns, and such. Just you and the puppies and the sunrise. Enjoy your time playing in the dirt!

A broad, funny about the fake bake. I've never tried it. Just seems way too tiresome to spend all that time smoothing. I can hardly be bothered to get sunscreen on, and that doesn't have to be spread perfectly!

Schatzi, your avatar makes me laugh!

Ellis, Is that the day Harry Potter comes out? Not sure...hopefully it's something fun! A little bird told me you used your treadmill. YGG! I'm skipping Jazzercize tonight (that is, if they're even having it) to go to the grocery store. I feel like such a slacker!

Chelsea, what in heaven's name is a butter cream cake? I doubt I want to know, but I think you are marvelous for avoiding it!

Me:
Well, the trip to PA was heavenly. Ethan could not be more adorable if he tried. He has the bluest eyes and the most wonderful smile. He's just starting to learn to laugh, and I got to spend several hours worth holding him while there, which was a supreme pleasure. Seeing his wonderful mom and seeing her with him was even more fun. Thankfully, our DHs get along (they have ever since they realized that they both liked soup at Olive Garden while us girls all had salad and thought getting soup was sacriligious... ) so it was fun to just hang out.

There wasn't a lot to eat for me, unfortunately. I did bring food with, but didn't bring veggies. Should have, in hindsight. Such is life. I had beans for breakfast (cleaning out the fridge), yogurt for snack about 11:00, then didn't have anything until the party around 5:00. Then I had a burger on a WW roll (brought it with me) and had a bunch of veggies with dip and fresh fruit. I had another burger, no roll, later that evening. The next day, I had my regular Phase 1 breakfast (brought it with me) and then had a grilled chicken sandwich on WW bread for lunch. We stopped at a little country place on the way home and I had another burger, but no bun, and stewed tomatoes, which was the vegetable. I really missed my veggies!

Still, it definitely helped my weight loss. That, plus my TOM ending, put me at 209.5 this morning! I was thrilled! If I can hold on to something like that until tomorrow, I might have made goal for the first time in three months!

Went to the gym this morning and did my strength training for 45 minutes. It really felt good. I feel bad for skipping Jazzercise tonight, but it's finals week and I need to get home and work on my lesson plans for class, so I need to get to the grocery store as soon as work is over. DH is putting the patio set together and getting a propane tank (he has the day off, I don't...) and we're going to grill chicken, veggies, and sweet potatoes on the new grill tonight. Yum!!!

Hope everyone has a great memorial day! We slipped out of work to watch the parade that goes right by our building. It was cute; they even had a float with a car made entirely out of skinny balloons! Cool!
Old 05-30-2005, 11:39 AM   #33  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Going well here. Day 2 and so far so PERFECT

Going for a walk to enjoy the weather. Happy Memorial Day all!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 01:41 PM   #34  

Hi Ladies, checking in. Didn't go camping, and didn't paint the bathroom. Instead went to the coast to a historic fort and grilled on the the beach. Very fun, but tired today. Didn't even drive home, slept at my brother's house because it took a lot longer to get there than I thought it would with the "direct route" (haha). Behaved myself all weekend, and it shows! Am fairly comfortable in khakis I could not button all winter. They're even kind of loose when I stand up. Haven't worn these since once in August!
Don't think I can reply to everyone, DS is on my lap and I'm trying to multitask --type and read a story at the same time. Must go show a house for DH and get some groceries.

by the way, marinemom, drive right past LeJune and thought of you......happy Memorial Day.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:43 PM   #35  

happy memorial day, all!

today was the official weigh in after one week of phase 1. i'm down 3.5 pounds

on the not-so-good front, i had a slip-up at the wedding i went to saturday night. i had a few glasses of red wine. i knew that this was going to be a problem for me, made worse by the fact that i had an extremely bad day at work on friday that sent me into a bad depression.

the best part of the weekend was seeing a girlfriend who lives in ohio and who i never get to see. so she and i decided to have some wine and then we proceeded to dance our butts off the rest of the night.

aside from that, i was totally OP. no cake, no bread or potatoes. yesterday was a family get together and DH and i brought our celery along and only had the chicken, pork and beans. no dessert, no bread. we feel pretty good about ourselves.

so it's onward from here. i'm not having any major cravings, so i'm going to give myself a few more days on phase 1 and then possibly consider going to phase 2 a little early, just for the variety in menu. i'm hoping that will work out OK.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:37 PM   #36  

Exclamation

skyesque: WTG on the loss. Glad to hear that you're not having cravings. Watch out for phase 2. That's when I start getting cravings.

mamaeli: Sounds like a great time. Much better then painting. I remember when dd would sit on my lap when I typed. Those days are long gone.

jenne1017: I hope you enjoyed your walk. It's rainning here.

beachgal: Sounds like you did okay even without good planning. Great on making goal.

angelshine90: I love buttercream cake.

Ellis: Am I going to have to come up there. Come on girlfriend...you know what to do. PLAN PLAN PLAN!

a broad: Too funny on the hand prints. Although when I was in my teens there were bathing suits with words cut out to tan thru.

Ruth: If you have enough energy for your day, don't worry about when you get up.

Bamie: How is ds?

me: I'm playing with the same 2 pounds. Sheesh. I'm still hanging in there though. As of today (not sure what tomorrow will be) I'm down 6 1/2 from my start over. to all that need it.

Lydia

Old 05-30-2005, 08:21 PM   #37  
Cat Lover

What a lovely weekend!

Hope everyone feels a little more relaxed, and just think only 4 more days until Friday! I must say Broad Abroad that girl with the hand print tan had to be outrageously funny looking

Sky: you've done well on P1 congrats! Don't beat yourself over the head about little slips. Wine is my off plan slip once in a while too, but I found drinking red wine slows me down. You can't drink as much or as quickly. I also found that it takes less to get me buzzed. See SB is good for a lot.

Bamie: How is your DS? I hope it is not too bad. How old is he?

Ruth: I would love to easily awake at 5AM..I love mornings, especially in the summer! I'm looking forward to sitting on my porch sipping coffee without a care in the world. (24 days away)!

Well, I took a Claritan D because I have a cold...I am sucked dry of any mucuous that's for sure. I find it also does two odd things: gives me a very happy mood and completely destroys my appetite!!!! I love it!!!!!

Have a relxing night and a happy Tuesday!!!!!

SANDI
Closed Thread