South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 03:33 PM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

MetroChick it is. I'll get it changed for you - no need to register again. Be sure to keep on posting - it really helps to get and give support.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:50 PM   #17  

metro..! welcome!!!

<3 chels
Old 05-24-2005, 04:31 PM   #18  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Speaking of chips...

Just got out of a meeting where they were handing bags of Doritos and Lays, FOR FREE.

You all know I would choose to die in a giant pile of chips right?

Well, I'm not even at PH1 yet and I declined I am proud of me.

Proud of you too Metro!
Old 05-24-2005, 04:44 PM   #19  
banned

Default you did good

you did good honey. you are great.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:23 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome to the beach, Metrochick!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/216/145

Height: 5'7"

Jen--you said no to Lays AND doritos??? I am impressed. Actually, they do that at work meetings all the time in my office...how cruel is that?? I just have to make a point not to look at the evil things. With you on the potato chips (and french fries)--my greatest weaknesses!! Did you lose the weight you have already lost on South Beach? Are you on a break from the plan or just making the switch?

So end of Day 2 and I am cooking up a storm...all PH1 friendly of course...and I have figured out that keeping myself busy cooking keeps me from eating everything in sight!But it is tough--I really want some sushi!! Which I love but I know I am craving it more just because I know I can't have the rice!!

Thanks for the welcome Islander--looks like you are doing great!! Have you lost 22lbs since March? Talk about inspiration for me!!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:06 PM   #22  

Hi there Angel Shine--forgot to say thanks for the welcome!!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:07 PM   #23  
banned

good advise hun
Old 05-24-2005, 08:21 PM   #24  
Cat Lover

Talking

Welcome MetroChick

I've been off and on with the chicks for over 2 years. It is a great place to chat and find inspiration. There are lots of recipes here too. Stick with Phase I into day 5 and you will see a real noticeable change. I gained tons of energy and nearly lost my appetite to the point where I had to remind myself to eat! You can do this! I look at it as a whole new way of eating that will keep me healthy as I grow older (and the happy side effect is weight loss)!

Sandi
Old 05-25-2005, 09:49 AM   #25  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Love the new name, Metro! Sounds like you should be on Sex & The City or something!

Jenn, I'm super proud of you! Way to go!!! You too, Metro! Chips aren't really a weakness for me, but I think of a spread of pastries or Godiva chocolate and walking away...WOW! You girls are strong!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:04 AM   #26  

See, I am not a chocolate fan, nor cheesecake (my straight friends tease me about being a lesbian and not a real woman because of it, )

Metro -- I tried South Beach for 3 weeks last May. Actually, at this time last year. I lost 13 pounds but when I switched to P2, I faultered. A lot. I thought I could do it some other way (used every excuse in the book) but SB is what worked for me so I have to find some patience and take things slowly this time. P2 doesn't mean eating anything I want

Over the course of 2 years I've lost the 50+ pounds. Started in March/April of 2003 with cutting out junk food and revamping my diet/caloric intake. I lost about 20 that way. Then I joined the gym and exercised. Lost another 20 or so. After the last 10 pounds, I've been at at virtual plateau for about a year. I'm ready to lose and lose for good.

(a la Laurie!!! who I couldn't be prouder of!)

Old 05-25-2005, 12:15 PM   #27  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jenn... you're too kind!

If you get a chance, you guys should check out Jenn's link. She's been working at this for a long time, and keeps going down. I think this might be her last home stretch ever. As Adia's avatar says, you have to fit into that dress! I think your points about P2 are really good...it can be hard for some to deal with the switch, but it's important, for health and weight loss. It can be done. I know you can do it!

Jenn...no chocolate or cheesecake??? I find it hard to imagine gaining weight on chips...you must have at least one other vice...
Old 05-25-2005, 12:24 PM   #28  

Another gloomy day in the NE! The traffic was so bad that despite the rain, I walked the 25 blocks to work instead of taking the bus(which I like to do when it isn't raining!!) That's one way to get exercise in earlier in the day

Sandi--Thanks for the welcome...and for answering the question I was going to ask about when I am going to have a little more energy...I am hoping to really feel good by the end of the week. Planned to start a running class last night but got stuck at work as usual. So I guess I will have to sign up for the Thursday night class. I am actually dreading it--I am a HORRIBLE runner But I know it is such a good way to pull the weight off. I start every time in the beginner's class and have to laugh at how pathetic I am--but having the competition of other beginners helps...I don't like to be last I have a gym membership too but haven't really used in the last month and a half and need to get back on track with that as well.

BeachGal--if SB goes well, I plan to look like I belong on Sex and the City!! I am already planning what outfits I will be able to buy and of course my fabulous dates! I just need to find an Aidan I think That's the worst thing I find about being overweight in NYC--I feel so frumpy because so many people are so thin and fashionable. And here I am, trying to cover up the rolls. It isn't easy to look good once you start feeling bad about yourself--it's hard to shop when you don't want to buy "that size"...I am looking forward to my "attitude overhaul" that should come along with the weight loss and finally getting fit!

As for chocolate and desserts, I am with Jenn--I can totally leave it. the only time I eat dessert is if I am traveling for work and everyone convinces me to order so they can try as many desserts as possible. I just want my potatoes and my bread darn it!!

Jenn--your story will definitely motivate me to go to that dreaded place that people always talk about...the gym. I know I need to do it which is why I sign up for memberships....but I get so easily discouraged and distracted! I just need to get over my whiny self and suck it up and go there at least 4 times a week.

Oh--here's a question for you...what do I do about this weekend?? I have a friend visiting (actually from the DC area, Jenn!) and she loves to go out to eat in the city and take advantage of all the interesting restaurants. For example, on her list for this weekend is a "Peanut Butter" restaurant and they do all kinds of sandwiches and recipes with the primary ingredient being PB. Now, I may not care about chocolate but I LOVE PB!! It's gonna be tough! The good news is she is motivated to exercise so we will certainly make it to the gym...I just need to figure out what I can do to stay OP.

Hope you ladies are having a nice day--rain or shine!! Chat more later!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:26 PM   #29  

Thanks to you Laurie.

Nope, I don't care for Ice Cream, or Cheesecake (or other pies for that matter, although if faced with an apple one I might have a slice) or pasteries. I do like Candy, just not chocolate. But I can deal with not having it.

I am a binger by trait and chips were my thing (up to 5 bags, large, 5 serving bags in one sitting!). It's nuts because now, if I do binge, it's on one bag. Makes me sick in one breath but proud in another...

I should update my site soon. So much to update in my "story" link!
Old 05-25-2005, 01:35 PM   #30  

Wow Laurie--you are my hero too...

And the more I chat or read on this site, the longer my hero list keeps growing. You have to wonder what it is that makes you just do it right finally? I mean, I can't count how many times I have started with such dedication and fizzled after a couple months or a couple days. I wonder (and I hope) if this will be my last time--is this the right fit for me?

Laurie--I asked Jenn this question--Did all of your weight loss come from SB? I know you must be exercising too but wonder where you got your start--you have accomplished so much that other areas of your life must flourishing too! Congrats!

Certainly a wedding dress would be a great motivator, huh Jenn? Maybe I should just pretend I am getting married and plan for that perfect dress? Or maybe I should plan for a 3 month vacation to Bali, Australia, NZ and Tahiti in which I am only allowed to wear bikinis, tank tops and skirts? That sounds like more fun and certainly more scary if I don't get the weight off
Closed Thread