South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 05:24 PM   #46  

I'm still hanging in there. I have (not including today) 4 more days on Phase I. It hasn't been too bad and am now kicking myself for not getting back on board sooner. I am such a procrastinator!

Way to go Schatzi on the lost poundage!!

xJenn, I know what you mean about adding the breads/fruits back in. I have to be very very careful since that seemed to be my downfall last time. I might use your suggestion and go everyother day.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:04 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Good to see there are some of us still around, lol

Schatzi - WTG on the 8 lbs so far , I've got a bad problem with the nuts, for the first few days of Phase I, I ate 2 TBS of Peanut Butter at lunch everyday, stopped that after a few days and the weight loss really sped up.

Nilla - Last time that I was on SBD, when I started Phase II, I had the same problem....after I started adding back in some fruit and whole grain bread I got sloppy with it and started adding in too much because I love fruit and I love whole grain-wheat breads....gonna have to be careful this time-after we start Phase II let me know how you're doing with the fruits/breads thing
Old 06-06-2005, 12:23 PM   #48  

Hey guys!! How is it going?

I am happy to report that for the end of Ph 1 I am now down 1.5 lbs. Not much I know, but remember I was really worried about putting on some weight when I got back to eating real food. So, I am glad. I have also lost (total) 4 inches around my hips, 3 at my waist and 4 around my bust and that just blows me away!!

This weekend was pretty off prog for me, but I made the decision to do it and feel fine about it. We went to a wedding where they had a chocolate fountain and I definitely did partake! Not over the top, but I didn't reall limit myself either. However, I was very careful with all of the other food I ate that day and I did dance a lot with hubby! I also drank lots of water (oh yeah, there were those two Kahluha and creams--definitely NOT SBD friendly) Still, we had a great time and I feel no guilt at all.

I did notice that yesterday I felt much more tired than I have for quite some time. Interesting to say the least!!

I did add in a piece of whole grain bread last Thursday and Friday and had no added cravings and most days I have not had the pistachios. I did have them two different days when I just really wanted something snacky and was a bit tired of celery.

I am a little nervous about this ph 2 thing and am really goign to work on journalling. It didn't seem so important on Ph 1 when my choices were so limited, but I know I need to get to it now so I can keep track of what I have had and the results.

How is everything going for the rest of you? Did you survive Ph 1??
Old 06-06-2005, 12:35 PM   #49  

Today is my first day of Phase II. According to the scale this morning I have lost 5 pounds since starting. I was hoping for a little more but I am going to try and not let it discourage me. I still don't know what I am going to reintroduce today...I haven't really planned for it so I better think of something fast.

I am holding steady on my exercise so that is another positive.

I know this has probably already been addressed in the forums but I will go ahead and ask it here for now. What constitutes a cheat or slip up bad enought to go back to Phase I. Is it if you start experiencing cravings? That just seems kind of ambigous to me, I could rationalize that I have cravings all the time if I really thought about it. Any thoughts?
Old 06-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #50  

Nilla,
I thought the idea was that if you went off enough that you gained back some weight that you were to return to Ph 1 just until you lost the weight you had gained.

I may be wrong, but that is how I understood it.
Closed Thread