South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 04:12 PM   #1  
One Smart Cookie

S/C/G: 253/196/137

Height: 5'8"

Default cannot stand jenny craig commercials!!!

I'm normally not very negative...but I have to share...I hate the new Jenny Craig commercials...Kirstie Alley acts like such a ditz in them!!! Hello Jenny, I'm FAT!!...then just a couple weeks later...Hello Jenny! I've lost 30 pounds...I'm sure JC is a great program, though I don't know anything about it...but Kirstie is just driving me nuts!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #2  
Jumping on the WL Train!

These commercials drive me nuts!!

Part of it though is that I'm not really sure Kristie Alley has fessed up to herself about her actual weight problem much! I personally think it's a publicity stunt and just plain annoying!
Old 05-13-2005, 01:41 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 2"

My husband said the same thing about how bad she comes across to the TV viewers. I have to agree.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:28 PM   #4  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Don't get me started on Kirstie Alley - I have a letter that I was going to send to People Mag about her "coming out" but I never sent it. What a publicity stunt for her Fat Actress Show. Okay, you look in the mirror, right? You signed on for a show called "Fat Actress" and it wasnt until you watched the show that you realized you were fat and wanted to do something about it??? I hated the part about how she wouldn't get intimate with anyone while she's overweight. She talked about how she didn't want anyone to see her and she was sure they didn't want to see her. That's a real great message out there for people. My husband loves me the way I am and my weight doesn't interfere with our sex life! Then, I read when she had lost 30 lbs (which doesn't really show on her...) she was starting to meet me and has been making out... not ready to go all the way but she was "warming up." That's a great message of morality. Uggh.... I thought I said I wasn't going to get started.

She bugs me. I hope she does lose weight - she will be happier and healthier. But I don't ever want to watch anything with her in it ever again. Good think I have TiVo, I can fast forward over the commercials
Old 05-13-2005, 01:34 PM   #5  
Workin' it!!

Does anyone else want to slap her when the screams out "Fettucini!!" at the end of that one commercial??!!

Or is it just me?

Old 05-13-2005, 01:38 PM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

Everytime that woman SCREAMS ORGASMICALLY...."CHICKEN FETTUCHIN OR CHOCOLATE cake", I want to SLAP her.......I guess she doesn't care that she looks and sounds like an idiot with them paying her a huge fee (guesstimating here)....just like Sarah Furguson and Slendertone ads...

Clairol once did a screaming ad with a new shampoo...."5X STONGER" and it was yanked within a couple of weeks....
Old 05-13-2005, 01:40 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

Sassygal.....great minds think alike! we posted at the same time....
Old 05-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I have to agree. I don't think she is confronting the reasons she ate so much in the first place. Jenny Craig is a diet and she'll lose the weight but gain it all back rather quickly.

My DH saw an old movie of hers over the weekend-back when she was supper skinny. DH said,"who's that? she looks familiar." I told him and he was surprised and didn't believe me until the credits rolled.

Sarah
Closed Thread