South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 02:17 PM   #16  
Michael Ann 1973

Well hello strangers...I am still here!

Looks like I will be in town for a couple of weeks, so maybe I can post some stuff again...

I have lost another pound and I am still going quite strong! I love South Beach!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:37 PM   #17  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Hello ladies! I missed ya'll this morning! Just wanted to say a quick hello. My morning has been pretty hectic so I have a lot of "playing catch-up" to do. I hope all of you have a great OP day. Tara
Old 05-05-2005, 02:41 PM   #18  
GARDENING ADDICT

I am here to confess that I will be off plan tonight. It's Cinco de Mayo and DH wants to take me out for margaritas. Kind of an early Mothers Day celebration since I have to work the weekend. I feel better now that I have confessed.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Phins - Don't forget the whole wheat bun (on P2)! Can you imagine Jimmy singing that if he were on South Beach????
Old 05-05-2005, 02:57 PM   #20  
beachbum

Hi Ladies Sorry for being MIA this last week,very busy trying to control our mice problem. Yikes!! have traps under the kitchen sink,we caught 3 so far. The crows loved the extra meals.

Sunny Congrats on your weight loss. You're doing Greatkeep up the good work.

Well I gotto go, Just wanted you to know why I'm mot posting. Have a great Day Hugs BB

P.S. LOVE the new smilies
Old 05-05-2005, 03:19 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Cjane
Pintos are on the list soooo have at it....sounds like a yummy cinco de mayo meal!!!
I might just have to make something like that too.....maybe pollo asada instead
Old 05-05-2005, 03:23 PM   #22  

Kissyjoy.....your freakin hilarious!!!

BTW....I got the job...I will be called tomorrow for a drug screening and start orientation on Monday!! yippee
Old 05-05-2005, 03:35 PM   #23  

cjane - Yes, pinto beans are now allowed on phase 1. I usually have black beans because I like them better but you can have either. Your dinner sounds good.

There is no way that I have time to respond to everyone. I've been lurking all day and I only now got a chance to respond and then I have got to go back to work. I'm rather upset with DH about the visit to the animal shelter yesterday. They were 10 minutes late for the orientation so they weren't allowed to do it. Of course, he was mad at them but I can certainly see why they would need to start the entire group on time (especially since you don't register in advance so they don't know you are coming). Well, I called the animal shelter. They actually do require registrations and are full for the one on the 18th so I reserved it for June 1st. Then I realized that Brian's dental cleaning is at the same time. Oh, well, I've got that moved now so we are all set. There is just too many things going on!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:38 PM   #24  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sassy, you are my hero! Both for knowing about the OG having WW pasta ( ), and for staying away from that shell!

Phins, you had me on the floor with your version of a cheeseburger in paradise! Great, girl!!! Wonder what Jimmy would think? We have to come up with some good "boat drinks" with SF syrups and such. I know we can think of something. Was rum on the list of drinks we can have once in a blue moon? It's my favorite. You're in your interview right now, I think; I just said a prayer for you.

CJ, just focus on getting well, girl and don't stress about the OP last night. If you have cravings, just do P1 for a couple days until they are gone. I must admit, though the dinner seems yummy (and your DH is a total sweetheart), a grilled cheese made on a grill + a sore throat seems to = bleeding in my mind! Ouch!

Amy, I know you'll have a "whoosh" right after TOM that'll slide you down towards (or past!) 195. You are doing great! I'll keep your "soggy and greasy" comment in mind when the breadsticks arrive....thanks.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:43 PM   #25  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Yay, Phins! Great news! I must admit, the fact that you're going for a drug screening for a job at a pharmacy cracks me up!

Sil, I'll get out my wet noodle. I know it's around here somewhere... You have a great time, and be ready to repent tomorrow! I read this morning that Cinco de Mayo is celebrated here more than in Mexico. Go figure. I bet we do more St. Patty's day celebrating than in Ireland, too. Are Americans just looking for any excuse for a party?

BB, are you talking about giving the dead mice to crows? How sad! Have you thought about using live traps? Not only are they humane, but they work better than the others. No stinky dead mouse smell, no messy yuck on the floor, etc. We had great luck with ours...caught all three mice in four days, and never saw them again. That was three years ago and we've been mice free since.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:46 PM   #26  
GARDENING ADDICT

Phins, congrats on the new job. What exactly will you be doing in pharmacy dept?
Old 05-05-2005, 04:01 PM   #27  

beachgal...we should come up with some good "boat drinks"!! How hard could it be...can I be a taste tester? Thanks for the prayer!

2BFIT1...I'm going to be a Pharmacy Tech. I'll assist the Pharmacist by being his retriever!(woof woof) I'll know more about the job after the orientation...My step-sister works there also...so I had a little inside help there!
Old 05-05-2005, 05:06 PM   #28  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Bless me, Chickies, for I have sinned. I had chicken and stir fried veggies for lunch today and then had a piece of carrot cake! Jeez it was good! Remind me not to whine when I don't lose weight this month!
Old 05-05-2005, 05:18 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ruth....if you're gonna sin at least do it with something good like carrot cake!!!!!

Laurie & Phins - Baja Bob's Pina Colada mix isn't bad and it's made with Splenda. I get it at a local health food store. Also, Diet Coke and Rum is always good! T.G.I. Friday's has a 1 carb margarita that is also pretty good but I can honestly say I haven't read the ingredients. Believe me, I try to find a way to get my rum in when I can! Being a parrothead doesn't help with staying OP though. Even if you start drinking somewhat OP, you know you always end up craving those snacks like Cheetos or Pringles or something else totally sinful. I'm going to do my best to avoid rum this month...but you can bet that I'll be having big boat drinks in Hawaii (one for Laurie, one for Phins, 2 for me, 2 for Jimmy)
Old 05-05-2005, 07:34 PM   #30  

HAPPY CINCO de MAYO!!

I am so extremely proud of myself!!! We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant this evening, and I stayed pretty much OP!!!! I ordered the carne asada...and only ate the skirt steak...it came with sliced onion, a small slice of avocado, and i put a little pico de gallo and a little grilled jalepeno on it..stayed away from the rice and beans and the tortillas...I didn't even eat one chip...and sat there and watched my hubby drink 2 margaritas! I drank unsweet tea..I haven't had regular tea in days so I figured it was ok...well...did I do good? or am I just foolin myself!!

Now I'm off to water aerobics...talk to y'all chicks later!!
Closed Thread