South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:22 AM   #16  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone! I have to work tonight, but after that I'm off for 5 days (I can hear the angels signing!) Didn't get much sleep last night...DBF kept snoring, so I went to the couch & of course the cat followed me - ugh! DOing some laundry & need to excercise....I'm having the same problem as Tar & Bamie....TOM is in town!!!
Ellis - hope you have a great day...get some rest so you can beat that cold!!
Swim - hey there stranger!!!
Oh the maintence guy is here to fix my stove...gotta run - have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:43 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
I haven't even LOOKED at the treadmill for a couple of months. My birthday present.
Ellis - Don't feel bad about not looking at the treadmill. I look at mine every day and it doesn't seem to help. Seriously, I am having the same trouble getting motivated to exercise. But, for right now I am just planning to stay OP with the food and weigh in at WW. One step at a time.

Ruth - Muddy paws are a fact of life around here too. Of course, that is because right after we water the yard SOMEBODY has to run through the mud intentionally and then make a run for the bed.

Tar675 - It took me a long time to get motivated too. Hanging around here really, really helps. Take a look at beachgal/Laurie's recent post about celebrating a year of health and weightloss! I found it very inspiring.

Bamiegurl - Wow. Does your MIL know how lucky she is to have you to come over and fix her computer?

Beachgal - What is Chicken Divan? I froze some leftover white chicken meat at Passover and I am wondering what to do with it. By the way, what are you studying?

Soon2Bfab - Five days off! Does this happen often? How wonderful. Be good to yourself and enjoy.

Well, I went to the WW weigh in and was only down .6 but that is enough to change my ticker a pound. I am not discouraged because I think it was TOM and what I was wearing. Next Monday should be much better if I am right. Of course, a little exercise wouldn't hurt either. . .

Be well everybody!

BirdLady
Old 05-03-2005, 10:47 AM   #18  

Morning, everyone! Last night was a busy night. I got rushed out of work and made dinner and stuck it in the refrigerator. Then DH and I picked up Brian and took him to his gymnastics class. Next week they are going to do a competition and will get blue or red ribbons based on whether they can do the moves unassisted or assisted. I will have to make it to that class. Usually DH takes him and I work out but that will be more important.

After gymnastics we headed across town for the REACH fair. There were lots of cool projects there. Everyone had their individual study projects as well as about 7 other types of projects that they had done during the school year. It was all organized by their elementary school. We actually ran into quite a few of our cub scout leaders. It seems like most of the boys in REACH are in scouts. I wonder if that holds true with the girls too?

Anyway, we didn't get home until 8:30. Good thing I had made a half sandwich so Brian wasn't starving. By the time we ate dinner and studied spelling words it was time for bed. I won't manage to make it to exercise class tonight either since we have a Cub Scout den meeting. Maybe I can walk at lunch if it isn't raining. I hate it when life gets in the way of my exercise but family is a priority.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:28 PM   #19  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb, you are so right. Family is a priority! And I know it wasn't much, but I bet all that walking around at REACH counts for something. I bet Brian is one of the most well adjusted kiddos around!

BirdLady: Chicken Divan is really good! It's posted here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48844 I make the chicken in a pan and steam the broccoli in the microwave to keep as many nutrients as possible. I like my broccoli crunchy, so I don't do it for long. DH doesn' tlike curry usually, but even he loved this! My mom says it was a popular recipe when she was a girl in the 50's! I'm studying for a Masters of Education in Literacy. I'll also receive a teaching certificate to be a reading teacher, which is my main goal. Thanks for asking and congrats on your loss...every little bit helps!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 12:58 PM   #20  
Conquering with SBD

Goodmorning everyone. I have finally gotten back to the beach...complete with the hospital bikini shave. I haven't caught up with the posts for the past week while I was MIA, but I will go back after I finish this post.

ellis - So sorry to hear that you are not sleeping well. Take care of yourself and don't let the stress of court get you down. Sending my hugs and best wishes.

Aimee - You take care of yourself, too. With upcoming issues this summer, you need to be at your best, both mentally and physically. Start now - you can do it. Take care.

Gina - You are so smart with your advice. Attaining any goal is one day at a time, and sometimes one small piece of a day at a time. I think we all struggle with that and want the whole goal immediately. Unfortunately, it is not that simple and requires discipline and patience.

Tara - I know what you mean about the TOM - Mine started 2 days before I went into the hospital - how embarassing to be discussing in the OR, let alone the mess...

Bamiegurl / Louise1013 - Good monrin'. Have a great day.

Sassygal / Ruth - I ditto the sentiments about the muddy floors. Our DD and SIL had a black lab that they taught to 'dance' at the back door. When she came in the door, the would holler, "dance," and she would turn circles on the door mat until her feet were clean. It really saved the cleaning on the floors.

anchor weight - Hope your day isn't too hectic. Hope the teacher is OK after the accident.

twiceblessedmom - Have a great day.

Laurie - Good to hear from you. Hope class isn't too boring. I have a distance course that I need to finish by the end of July and I am having trouble getting into it. This being sick has just been waaaay tooooo busy for me. but I am going to have to settle in next week and get some studying done.

PHinsUP! - Your fitness program sounds awesome. I know what you mean about getting out to classes. I finally came to the realization that I don't like to exercise, not because I don't like the exercise, but I resent the time that it takes to do it. I had a trainer last fall that set me up on a had weight program that I can do at home...so I can watch tv, or throw laundry in between sets, etc. Mentally, it has given me the edge to be more consistent with the strength and flexibility part. I even have access to weight room at work and don't want to give up the time before or after work to go there. We also have an indoor and outdoor track, so I am able to do my cardio workout at noon when I would just be wasting my time at the mall. Once I realized why I didn't like to exercise, I was able to remove the barriers and be very consistent with it.

soon2Bfab - Have a great few days off. You deserve. Take care.

SoCalBirdLady - Don't be discourage about the small weight loss. Like you said, it probably has lots to do with the TOM. Celebrate any weight loss...it could have been a maintain or a gain. WTG. Keep it up and sending you best wishes for more weight loss this week.

Barb - Take care of yourself. Don't let your life become too stressed. You do need to consider yourself, also. Don't forget that you are not much use to your family if you are not well. Take care.

Me - Well, I'm home. I have been home for about a week, but been way to busy to be sick. I am absolutely amazed at how well I am feeling and how quickly I have bounced back, although I am really watching how tired I get and laying down for a rest when I need one. DH is at home, though, and I feel guilty sleeping while he is working around the house. DH overheard me talking to a fellow from work and telling him that I can't wait til hubby goes back to work next week so that I can get some rest. Oh well, it is true.

I went to the dr. last Friday to get the stitches out and everything is doing fine. The pathology report came back within an acceptable range, so I won't need any radiation treatment. I am truly thankful for that. The dr. also showed my pics of the surgery...he was in his element. Now, you have to understand that this dr. does not have the greatest bedside manner, but he is a fabulous surgeon. During the mini-surgery lecture, I was shaking my head wondering where that every came from since it is so atypical of him. Oh well, he has amazed me through this whole thing with an improved bedside manner...

One of the biggest problems I am having (and I know most of you don't want to hear this), but I can't eat and am losing weight like crazy. I have lost about 18 pounds in the last week (some of which was weight gained in hospital), but am continuing to lose about 1.5 pounds a day, if not more. I am really trying to get some food down, but the problem still persists. If I am not back to normal by the end of the week, I guess I am going to have to make the treck back to the dr. and see if there is an additional problem. I really wanted to lose a bit more weight, but not this way.

Hope everyone is doing fine and I will try to keep in touch. Have a great day.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:10 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning (or Afternoon) to ya-

I'm so excited and happy to say that as I'm typing this, cabinets are FINALLY being installed in my kitchen!!!!!! I am so excited and can't wait to go home and see them! They'll apparently be there today and tomorrow installing everything. Soon I'll be able to put my house back together and start working on all the weeds that have been growing in my backyard! We don't have a huge area where there are plants but where there is, there's a bunch of weeds. We've been so busy priming and painting and installing lights and whew...the list goes on and on....that we've been neglecting other parts of our house. Hopefully I'll get a lot done before I go to Hawaii so I can have an open house when I get back.

When I wrote last week, I had said that my grandma was in a convalescent home after she fell and broke her hip. It seems she's going to be going home on Mother's Day this weekend. We're getting the whole family together and having a welcome home party at her house. My family never gets along so this should be interesting. Everyone will hopefully put their differences aside that day. All of our plans are tentative right now because my sister is due anyday now. I'm so excited to be getting another nephew! She's been having contractions and has already done her "nesting" phase where she cleaned the house and stocked up at the store. She's actually due on May 21 but was 2 weeks early before.

In between all of this going on, I have 2 weddings, DH's b-day on Thursday, a doctor's appointment and getting ready for Hawaii....SHOPPING! I've got a lot on my plate right now. I don't see an end until somewhere around November! DH and I may be taking an Alaskan cruise in August...I know you cold chicks probably think I'm crazy going to the snow when we have nice, beautiful sunshine right here! He really wants to go.

I've gotta get going now but will try to get back in later........I hope you have a great day!

p.s. Glad you like the Chicken Divan Laurie! I grew up on Chicken Divan and had to figure out how to make it SB friendly!
Old 05-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning! So my post was at 11:30pm my time.. I'm waaaay out in Vancouver, BC. I was really only up until midnight, and then was fast asleep

Bambiegurl - what happens on Thursday? I recently went thru a "destressing" where I quit a really not pleasant job, and have actually lost 8 pounds since I did that. It worked wonders for me When I grow up I don't think I want to work with women, myself included (how that would work I don't know.. hehe), but there is a LOT of gossip in the retail world.

Sassygal - I don't think I've stayed up past 12:30am in the past year! I looooove my sleep... it's just that time difference. I always see posts at 4am, and wonder why the heck anyone is willingly awake too.. heh..

soon2Bfab - hey there.. I'm around.. lurking mostly.. not 100% on plan, only 2 meals a day are on plan. So only about 75% heh.. I like percentages..

I'm feeling SO tired right now, even after my sleep. I had crazy, very real dreams this morning. Thats what I get for staying in bed an extra hour! Soon I'm going to "get at 'er", in otherwords, go grocery shopping. I wish I could say that I'm ready to be on plan, but I'm really not. I just want to eat fruit, and drink coffee ALL the time. Do you think that would work as a diet? We can call it The West Coast diet... heh. Well I am off! Have a great one!

-Aimee
Old 05-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #23  
beachbum

Had problems in CYPERSPACE with my computer this morning with some of my message boards. I don't know if its the browser I'm on. Does anyone have problems with FIRE FOX. I'm thinking of going back to internet explorer.

Well!! Today was W-I for me and I maintained after a 2 lb lost last week, but I lost 4 " all around in my meausrements.2 inches in my waist & 2" in my bust.

Have a wonderful day Hugs BB
Old 05-03-2005, 02:50 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking

sweet tooth-I know what you mean about getting out of the house to do anything. The wellness center we're using, is at the school where my DH works, we get to use it FREE woo hoo! Even the evaluation was free..I think the extra program over the summer the trainer is offering will cost but I think I'm gonna do it!

Especially after seeing my results! Not great...BUT : I've lost 6 lbs since Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check out my tickers!
I am so proud!!!

my blood pressure was a bit high but I know with the way I've been eating and the exercise that I'm doing, it'll drop too.
Tonight's my water aerobics class...looking forward to jumping in the pool!
I'm not sure if my hubby and I will go to the gym before we swim or not...If we do, then we'll just use the treadmill or elliptical...not the weights, did them last night.
Well, I've got to go eat my lunch, TTYL
Old 05-03-2005, 03:10 PM   #25  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kissy, you busy girl! Wow! Yes, the Chicken Divan is wonderful...thank you SO much for sharing! Good luck with your sister...sounds like it's going to be very soon!

Congrats, Phins!!! Great work!
Old 05-03-2005, 03:19 PM   #26  
Workin' it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl
Sassygal - I don't think I've stayed up past 12:30am in the past year! I looooove my sleep... it's just that time difference. I always see posts at 4am, and wonder why the heck anyone is willingly awake too.. heh..
Silly me!! Guess I thought for a few minutes that the whole world lived on Eastern time...

Something's been bothering me lately... seems that for every pound I lose, I'm losing brain cells, too. Seriously. I've been doing some VERY air-headed type things lately. I'm doing things that I usually pick on other people about... what could be up with that??
Old 05-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #27  
A Lily from my yard!

Swimgirl...I'm having knee surgery Thursday. I didn't realize how stressed I have been about it until this week!

Peggy...Glad to see you are up and about!
Old 05-03-2005, 04:24 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Bambiegurl - What happened to your knee? I'd be a little scared to have surgery, or just any surgery really. I've had quite a few friends who have had knee surgery, and while it definitely sucks to be stuck with crutches, they all recovered pretty quickly. You will be fine, I'm sure of it. When I was 16 I was snowboarding the first time, and the instructor was taking us down the mountain, when a skiier hit me, and we went tumbling down the mountain. When we finally came to a stop, the skiier got up and was fine, but I couldn't really feel my legs. They got the paramedics, and discovered I had blown out both of my knees, not BAD, just so fricking painful, and I couldn't run for almost 6 months. I had also sprained both my wrists and ankles.

Sassygal - maybe thats why blondes get such a rep, they are just actually skinny, and have little brain cells? I dunno, I'm just pretending I'm funny...

I am babbling away, I should be going grocery shopping, but the phone company is supposed to come and fix my phone line, which is very very static-y, I have to unplug my ADSL in order to use the phone.. it's very aggrivating!

-Aimee
Old 05-03-2005, 04:45 PM   #29  

Hi Chickies,

Sorry I haven't posted in forever, no real excuses, kind of like Ellis just couldn't seem to get together, so I decided not to post and whine. Sorry, I know all of you understand and are the most loving and supportive group on the web.

But here's the GOOOOOD News, I haven't weighed in ONE WEEK, so I don't know my April weight loss. I have followed PhaseII/CORE for one week tomorrow morning. I am so hopeful. I just seemed to crash and burn on Phase I, so I decided Phase II was better than throwing it all to the wind. I also realized that I wasn't going to loose any weight in a day. Tomorrow morning is the day, I am really excited and hopeful.
How silly can we get over a pound.

Laurie, I wish you could inspire my daughter, she needs to loose about 100 pounds. I love her so much I would never come right out and tell her. She thinks I'm obsessive about weight control anyway. (She's probably right)

To all of you have lost so well on SBD, congratulations!!
To those of us trying to get it together, WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Oh, by the way am I the only one who has noticed how close WW CORE plan is to South Beach? HMMM.....just wondering.

Hugs and prayers, and I promise not to wander too far from the beach, it is my favorite place in the world. For real.

Active (Wanda)

Think of me, I am off to a 3 hour dance rehearsal with my youngest DD.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:08 PM   #30  
Tina

Sweettooth-I'm sorry hun, I'm not sure what your health issues are as I haven't been here long with you ladies...however, I wish you all the best. Do you think that maybe some weight gain shakes might help? Of course I would definitely talk to your doctor about your concerns though...hopefully they have an idea...
Closed Thread