South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 02:51 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Talking Tuesday Chat on the Beach!

Oh, ugh. 2:30 in the frickin' morning. I'm not sure if I was woken by my bladder or the noise of sirens. It's like Gotham City out there tonight. Maybe the city is on fire. I've never heard so many sirens.
Speaking of sirens, I was pulled over by a cop yesterday. I'm so embarrassed. I was on my way to see my psychiatrist, and I was sitting at a red light behind a cop car. The light turned green, but we weren't moving because of a blockage up ahead, so at the last minute, I swung into the other lane and went through a very late yellow/red light.
I said to the cop, "I can't believe I did that," and he said incredulously, "I was right THERE!"
He was very nice, and told me that because I'd been a very good person (?) and had a good record, he was only going to give me a ticket for 35 bucks instead of: $190 plus taking 3 points off my license.
Boy, he made MY day!

Bamie, if you're in today, we're all here saying prayers/thinking good thoughts for you and your Mom. I hope she's doing better, sweetie. Let us know how things are when you get a chance.

Rochelle, I hope your little boy is better today.

Laurie, what a wonderful time you must have had! I'm so glad, hon!

Sil, just let me get the dirty dishes off the counter, and I'll get some pictures.

Cottage, those darned hot flashes. The night sweats are a killer. Still, it makes me change the sheets more regularly.

Ruthie, I do hope you have a good day today. How's the water situation in town?

Little Chick... two jobs!? You must be full of energy, girl! The pounds will just fall off you!

Listen, I want to write to each of you, but I haven't heard a siren for about five minutes, so I think I'll head back to bed.
Hope you're all sleeping soundly... I love you all!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:53 AM   #2  
Working for the Cruise!

Smile

Good morning chicks. Missed out on yesterday's chat, DF didn't have to work at 6, so we could get up at 8 instead of 4 am! YAY!

Painted the kitchen this weekend, well, at least the wall color. It's a Glidden paint color called Royal Court. Ok, it's purple, but it's a relaxing deep grayish purple that I love. Plus, I'm currently reading James Patterson's "The Jester", so I thought it must be fate, right?

We're doing the trim this weekend in an "Almond Cream". I found some really neat prints in a 1970's Hallmark calendar someone brought in. I'm so excited! Though I can't really decide if I'm excited because it's beautiful or just because it is no longer YELLOW with a stupid pink and blue and yellow KITCHY border halfway up the wall! But anyway........I'll talk about my homemade lighting fixture tomorrow, before I go off the deep end!

I gave Shelby (Dear Dog) a special treat of canned Kibble this morning.....she loved it, but now she is running around like a complete idiot! What do they put in that stuff? I was also thoroughly surprised (and relieved) to not find LOW CARB dog food in the aisle this morning!

My day here at the office officially starts at 10 am, but I've got a few things to catch up on before that. Around 8 I'll head to the mall for a walk.

Good very EARLY morning to you Ellis! Glad you got a nice cop!
Old 04-05-2005, 07:06 AM   #3  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Moring all;
Well, did so so on eating yesturday. Did make my date with GYM. Working in the garden today while GD's play outside. Suppose to be in the 80's. They are running late this morning. Their dog has a large tumur and is being removed today. Should be here anytime now. Have to drink water. That is my biggest problem.
Well, off to get some breakfast.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning! The sun is up, making up for lost time, and it's supposed to get into the mid-60's today, hooray!!! I just got an email from DD, apparently she's learning what it's like to be a single parent. She had quite a stressful evening yesterday dealing with a teething baby, sick cat, and a burned out kitchen light, and her DH has only been gone 2 days! Poor girl, he'll be away another 10 days, LOL! I'm going over to stay with her from Thursday til Sunday, so it'll be "Mom to the rescue" then.

Ellis, did you find out what was happening last night? We have times like that where you hear sirens going on forever and think something terrible must be happening, then you never DO find out what happened.

AidaFaith, my friend painted her kitchen a lovely shade of purple with sage green trim and it looks fantastic, so I can imagine how nice yours must look.

Gotta run for now, I'll be back later - BAMIE, hope your Mom is a lot better today.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:28 AM   #5  
Working for the Cruise!

Cottage - My mom comes to my rescue all the time...and I only have a dog! I can't imagine what it's like with a kid while he's away! Good luck!

BTW, I was raised on a farm in Fleetwood, PA. Sound familiar? I heard you say Boscov's the other day and my ears perked up. If you are where I think you are then send me some Wheat Splits! ...if you're not where I think you are then I may sound like a complete idiot.....
Old 04-05-2005, 08:29 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks it is gray and dismal here again. grrrr. It is very depressing I may have to borrow Ruths sad light if I don't get some sun soon. Some yesterday said something about spring cleaning and know I have the urge. I wish I got that urge when you chicks talk about eating OP.

Ellis-sorry to hear about all the noise. We hardly ever get any noise in our little subdivision we live just outside the city so it is usually pretty quiet. I can only wish that I will drop the pounds with two jobs when I worked over christmas I actually gained 5 pounds . I did a stupid police things too at christmas when I was coming home from work. I crossed over to the other lane and cut him off. And I did not have my lincense with me. I would have ened up with 3 fines totally over $350.00, instead he gave me a warning I still have not told dh that one. Hope you got back to sleep.

AdiaFaith- what are wheat splits??? The color for you kitchen sounds nice. I am trying to decide on some colors for my kitchen I am thinking of yellow but I may check out some purples. I love that color. My dd's name is Shelby.

Cottage- what a good mom you are. I am weird I love it when my dh goes away. Things tend to run smoothly, mind you he has never gone for more than two days. I could not imagine him gone for more than that. I don't think I would be able to sleep.

Chipper- please send some of that heat this way, I can't wait to get out in my gardens but the way the weather has been I may never get there. Good job on getting to the gym.

Well I think I will go crusie the board and see what I missed yesterday and then I am going to start to declutter the kitchen again. That seems to be our dumping ground. Well chicks have a great day.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:39 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! The sun is shining and life is getting back to normal. My friend Claire just arrived with a mess of kindling for us so I can't linger.

I really don't want to whine about yesterday as today is a brand new day. If you really need to know, you can check out my Journal at http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/c...26798&U=update.

I'll be back later to catch up.

In the meantime, here's a picture of my adorable new stress reliever, my bear boyfriend, Nessy as in Bear Necessity! Sorry - too big. Funny that he posted OK in the Journal.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:43 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

RUTH! Bad link! We want to see Nessy!!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:58 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone!! I just got up....again I came home from work yesterday & crashed. That's the second time this week I've slept through dinner. I think they are working me too hard!!! =)
Ellis.....I know about the sirens...I live in an apartment across from a hospital in metro Detroit! I KNOW SIRENS!!!! DBF & I are looking to buy a house but we are spending $$ rightnow on new furntiure - the sofa arrives today!!!! I also know about cops....I always get pulled over because my famly lives in Ohio & I drvie back & forth visiting mom & the cute little peanut Kloe!! I usually play dumb & I'm very respectful (i.e "yes sir".) I've only gotten 1 ticket, & that one was dropped after that I went to the officer's chief & complained.
AdiaFaith - the new colors sound lovely!! I used to have a blck sharpei name Shelbie. She was a hand full.
Chipper - good job going to the gym!!! Enjoy the weather!
Cottage - good morning....you're such a good mom going over & helping! =)
Little chick - have fun decluttering!!
I'm off to clean a little & go to work this evening. Tomorrow I finally have a day off! I can hear the angels signing!!! The only bad part is my boss is back from her vacation so that means my life with be filled with friend chicken stories & stupidity....I really want to pull my hair out!
Ladies have a good day - Bamie you are in my prayers!! Laurie have fun with the paper!!! A least fried chicken doesn't come with it!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:11 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No time to resize the bear this morning. Check him out in my journal link. Sorry!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:19 AM   #11  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Ladies,

Well, after week six I gained 1.5 pounds. But, I think I know why...I began really incorporating more carbs back in last week and I definitely didn't drink all my water and I left out eggs in the a.m.

I know what I did, and now I must fix it. I didn't really cheat, just ate too many "good" carbs. I think I can only handle one carb a day, so I am going to try that this week and see what happens, then I will add in another one next week just to see.

I am not at all discouraged, as I have done so well and I realize that this is for a lifetime. Also, I can feel my clothes literally falling off so that is really encouraging.

I have a ton of stuff to do at work today, so I am going to check the other posts and get out of here. I will check back in later.

Have a great day!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:25 AM   #12  
Working for the Cruise!

Little Chick - Wheat Splits are pretzels.......

http://www.uniquesplits.com/catalog/nutritionalinfo.php

Yes, I know, a big NO-NO....maybe it's good they are 4 hours away. Always a treat for us at the holidays though.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:52 AM   #13  
Tina

Morning guys...on day five of phase 1 and I THOUGHT yesterday morning I was getting used to this...oops, I was wrong . I'm not finding it really hard to stick to right now, most of the craving has diminished...but I STILL have that realllllllly weak, icky feeling. It's beautiful outside and I can't even handle a walk, having difficult just getting through my day with the kids. I had messed up on day two and had peanut butter, not realizing it had to be NATURAL peanut butter ...so I'm probably still detoxing...ugh. Just hoping this doesn't last too much longer, the only reason I want to grab something and stuff my face is to feel better at this point.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:05 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ellis, what a terrible night! So sorry that all those sirens woke you up...hope you got some sleep after! What a mess with the ticket...that's the kind of stuff that happens to me all the time!!! I just don't think, you know? I'm so glad he was nice to you!!!

Adia, am I hearing that you are engaged???? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What great news! Your kitchen sounds gorgeous...what fun! We'll convince dogs to eat low carb as soon as we convince them to be vegetarian!

Chipper, so glad you are keeping your date with GYM...I'm looking forward to mine tomorrow! So sorry to hear about your GDs dog. I hope he or she is feeling better soon!

Cottage, it's great that you are there for your daughter. I know I'm always at sixes and sevens when DH is away, and we just have pets, not kids! Purple and sage green were our wedding colors...I think they are gorgeous together!

LC, sorry about the nasty weather! I hope it perks up soon. I know spring is right around the corner, but it never gets here fast enough, you know?

Ruth, glad you are able to move on from yesterday. You are so good at looking on the bright side, you dear girl!

Soon, fried chicken? Sounds like you need a day off!!! Enjoy tomorrow!

Sunny, you are a walking example of how to work SBD! You just need to keep working with it to figure out what would be best for you. Good for you!

Me:

Not too much to report here. Just trying to wrap up my stuff for the week while also trying to do actual work at work (which I'm obviously not doing right now... ).

It's sunny outside and supposed to be in the 50s or 60s...I'm THRILLED!!! I'm wearing a little sundress that I haven't worn since DH and I started dating almost 10 years ago! It's so nice to fit into older clothes!

Have a great day, everyone!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:05 AM   #15  
Working for the Cruise!

Hang in there twiceblessedmom, it will get better. Try eating some veggies. I know, I know, bleh. But I would suggest trying cauliflower popcorn: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50460

Or the Radish homefries:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54287

Get some Phase I carbs into your system. Hope you feel better!
Closed Thread