South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 07:29 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default TGIF chit chat

Morning chicks I have about 3 seconds, one coming to the door and I have to go to an interview this morning. My girlfriend is coming to sit with the wee ones. I am still not OP but I am hoping to get back on track on Monday. I really need to get myself back together I really have not been with it. I am I guess you could say depressed. Like I said before my family does not really like me much and I am not even liking myself. I really need to do some soul searching over the week-end and get myself back together. Thanks for letting me vent. Not a nice way to start off the week end. I will try to pop back in later and let ya all know how the interview went. Have a great day.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:49 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh littlechick I can totally relate. There are alot of days when my family does not like me. Especially during the move and the settling in of this new house! It is just so dirty to me and i cannot get it clean and I feel noone else is even trying to help! Oh maybe it will be vent Friday and then we can all have an on program weekend! I will keep you in my prayers. Everyday I find myself saying Oh Lord please help me through this day! My DH sure don't mind telling me my attitude stinks either! Thanks dear! Well we just have to snap out of it! (or get some meds one!) Although I do pretty good during the day it's after they all come home that the problem starts so maybe it's them and not me! hahahaha Oh yea good luck with your interview!

To the rest of ya chickies peckin in Good Morning and have a great day!
Old 10-01-2004, 08:08 AM   #3  
Slowly Changing My Life..

S/C/G: 250/239.8/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning!

Little chick: Good luck on the interview and let us know how it went! I'm keeping you in my thoughts that you are able to climb out of the funk you seem to be in and have a great weekend ahead.

Bamiegurl: Ugh, I know what you mean about the house thing. Since I've been laid up and not been able to keep up much with cleaning and things, it has been driving me nuts. The kids and DH pitch in, but not too often really - or at least that is how I see it. The kids are sure pushing the limit with telling me things are done, only for me to find out when I do get up to go check they are even worse than when I asked them to do something. Kids, gotta love 'em. Cleaning is definitely not on their list of fun things to do. Heck, I don't know who would find it fun now that I think of it. I hope you have a good day today!

Me: Hmm...today I am going to venture out with my MIL to get a gift for my neice's baby shower. My in-law's volunteered to take my kids to the shower tomorrow to give me some peace and quiet and maybe at that time I will try to get some more cleaning done. I just started a load of laundry today, so that is something at least. I hate feeling like I am down for the count. It is just so frustrating to have the desire to do all these things, and have pain keep making you have to stop and feel like you've accomplished nothing. Like I said above, the kids and DH help out somewhat, but believe me there is a lot more that could be done and that makes it more frustrating. I'm so ready to feel back to normal now, or at least as close as I can get....

Here is hoping everyone has a great day ahead!

~P
Old 10-01-2004, 08:44 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I'm cheery and in a good mood this morning. Perhaps it has something to do with being old and not having kids around! Little Chick, Bamie and TexMom, I hope life takes a turn for the brighter for you three - it usually does, you know.

I spent about an hour with Lucy and her pups yesterday which meant Hersh had to vacuum my pants with her nose when I came home. All are well and Lucy is being a perfect Mum. The little critters are still not very photogenic but I'll keep trying until I get a picture where they don't look like black blobs.

Today started out pretty gloomy but the sun is shining now. My knee feels pretty good this morning - first hint was when it didn't hurt going downstairs. I will take it for an easy walk for the paper and hope that gets it back in the walking habit. If I don't get into the habit in this weather, I'll just veg in the house all winter!

The project for today is to put away summer clothes and shoes and haul out the winter ones. I am going to be realistic and get rid of any that are too sloppy or that I never wear for some reason. I read somewhere that we wear 20% of our clothes 80% of the time and know it's true. I may put out my Thanksgiving/Hallowe'en decorations too. I need to plan some cook-ahead menus too because the next month will be busy.

Time for another coffee and then tackle the day.

TGIF, Chickies, and on the the weekend!
Old 10-01-2004, 09:08 AM   #5  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning ladies! I am sorry to hear it's a difficult day for some of you. I hope it gets better -- the weekend is just ahead!

DH is working most of the weekend: cross-country, high school football, and then college football tomorrow will do that to a guy. So, I plan to be productive and get lots done around the house. My in-laws are coming to town on Sun. to help paint the dining room -- yay!

So...off to get some work done!

lauren
Old 10-01-2004, 09:11 AM   #6  

Hi everybody,

Little Chick is it home daycare you do? Is that why little ones keep arriving as you post? I did that for four years when my kids were younger. My dd loved it - social butterfly that she is - but my ds was always jealous and hated sharing anything, including his mother. When my kids started school, I stopped the daycare and managed to find data reporting work from home for 4 years. Now I'm unemployed and looking for the right job (still part time).

Barmiegirl, moving can be a pain. Isn't is strange that our home could be even messier than when we move in, but it feels better when it's our own mess? I never feel right until the new kitchen is scoured right down to the range hood.

TXMom, hope you feel better soon. Don't spend all that wonderful free time cleaning though! Maeve Binchy has another book out!

Ruth, sounds like you had fun with your grandpups. Glad your knee is better today. Enjoy the unique satisfaction of throwing out baggy clothes!

As for me, my mother came and went yesterday. She was pretty mellow yesterday and I was prepared and didn't let any of the buttons get pressed. I stayed on plan without making a production of it. It's sad to have so little to talk about with her though. It's as if there is no safe topic, so we skirt around weather and politics without asking anything real. Oh well, we can't all be best friends with our mothers I suppose.

Today we're off to a funeral for an elderly aunt, followed by a gathering at a buffet restaurant. Should be easy enough to stay on plan considering the number of people who will be there.

Have great days everybody!
Old 10-01-2004, 09:33 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Little Chick... I'm so sorry you're feeling crappy.
Have you ever thought of having a family meeting? My daughter's therapist suggested them a few years ago, and they really work. We usually have one about once a month or so, but sometimes we'll have them weekly.
We get drinks, healthy snacks, notepads and pens, and all sit around the dining room table. We talk about the things we feel are going well in the family unit, and about the stuff we'd like to change. There's no arguing allowed. We make some notes/lists that we can hang on the bulletin board as reminders of some of the changes we'd like to see.
ie: If our kids feel they're not getting enough quality time, we'll schedule some in. If DH and I need more time together, we'll schedule a date. If the kids feel that I'm being *****y and impatient with them in the mornings, I'll make a note to set my alarm a little earlier, and get more done the night before school so that we're not rushing around quite so much.
It's all positive. Sometimes there are tears of guilt when we realize we're not "contributing" the way the rest of the family would like us to be, but there's a lot of back-patting. There are always the usual comments about how wonderful our DD is with her little brother. About how nurturing little DS is when someone else is sad. About how much fun Dad is for playing games, etc. Lots of affirmation.
We all come away from the table feeling great, because we've gotten things off our chest, and we've each been commended for the good things.
I'll be saying lots of prayers for you, sweetie... Hang in there.

Bamie, have you ever thought about having a family meeting? You've reminded me that we need to have one! The same stuff is happening here... the house is a nightmare because of the renovations, and I need some help around here!
I hope you get things organized soon, hon. It'll happen.

TXMomof3, have you ever thought about having a family meeting?
I'm still saying lots of prayers for you for your pain and for your job. Enjoy your time alone tomorrow! I know how precious that is!

Ruth, it's definitely "the kid thing". Gee, you sound good, girl! Your knee is pretty good, and you're organized!!
Listen, what we really want is a webcam on Lucy.

DH had yesterday off, and we went out to pick up stuff for the renovations. We passed by Value Village (big second hand store) while we were out, did a quick u-turn, and I spent 200 bucks on clothes for myself. It was so much fun, and it feels great to have some "new" stuff!
Oh, and you're not going to believe this, but I was OP ALL DAY YESTERDAY!!
Old 10-01-2004, 09:35 AM   #8  

Good morning, gals! I posted my September results and updated my signature. I am now down 50 pounds from my highest weight! I decided it was time to update my goal weight too. I'm only 5' 3" and 135 is a better goal than 140 but when I started this I couldn't ever imagine being lower than 140 - now I can. When I get closer to goal, I will see how I feel and talk to my doctor and see if it should be lower but 135 will do for now. I've just been loving South Beach so much. I have so much more energy than I did when I started! I don't feel like 41 is so old anymore. I really feel the exercise is helping a lot and is the reason why I can eat healthy starches several times a day and still lose.

I can't wait until I go to the annual Polkafest at our friend's house on Sunday. I haven't seen any of these friends since I started losing weight. I wonder if my ex-husband will be there? I have several guys I went out with that are usually there. I'm planning on bringing some of those muffins, WW lasagna, and a veggie/dip tray so I have lots of South Beach allowed foods to eat.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:36 AM   #9  

Lauren, what colour did you decide on?

Heidi, we definitely don't have to be best friends with our Mothers. In fact, we don't even have to like them! I'm glad you were "in control" while your Mom was there.
I'm sorry about your Aunt. I hope the funeral isn't too difficult.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:37 AM   #10  

Barb, 50 pounds down!? That's wonderful, girl!!
Old 10-01-2004, 09:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 252/242/130

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Ladies,
Or, for me, I should say good night! Worked all night, and now on my way to bed for a few hours. I sure hope everyone's day gets better! Remember, if we don't love and appreciate ourselves, no one else ever will!
Kat
Old 10-01-2004, 09:44 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522
I am now down 50 pounds from my highest weight!
I have said it before, but must say it again...I find your loss so inspirational. Good for you!!

Now tell me, are you buying something new to wear to the party? You simply MUST splurge.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:55 AM   #13  

Hi ladies! Crazy morning here in Boston. I am sick so I am only at work for an hour, and then going home, taking my meds and getting right back in bed. Then I am heading home for the LSAT tomorrow morning. I get some TLC from Mom before the big test. Wish me luck- I need it!

Since I am only here for ten more minutes, I just wanted to say hi to everyone, send hugs to those who need them, and tell everyone to enjoy the first weekend of October!

Old 10-01-2004, 10:21 AM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Ellis yes we have had family meetings before when the kids were smaller. Now.... they feel they are to old and it is a dumb thing to do. Teenagers! Maybe we should do it anyway!
I probably stress over the house way to much. I am the only one who cares about having a really clean house. Everyone else is a swipe over and let it go! I'm a get down on my hands and knees and scrub kind of person. With my knee like it is I cannot get on it and I guess that is really driving me crazy cause these floors really need that kind of scrubbing! The previous owners were not into cleaning very much. Everything is stained like the tubs and such. I have scrubbed and bleached them and they still look dirty! Each of the kids have their own bathrooms and think that it means they don't have to clean them. I made them both clean their rooms and bathrooms yesterday and you would have thought I beat them and made them pick 40 acres of cotton! They think that because I stay home they should not have to do anything. It's my job and I don't have anything else to do all day. If you ask them I saty on the computer and watch t.v. all day everyday and I guess that just really gets to me. I have really been thinking about going back to work somewhere but I feel my kids are at an age where it is very important that I be home to keep them out of trouble. I guess they do not realize how fortunate we are to be able to afford to that. No we are not over flowing with money and live on a budget because of it but we have enough. Ok I guess I have rambled enough! I need to get busy with my day. I take DS to meet his dad this afternoon where he will stay all next week for Fall Break. So next week will be easy. I don't mean that in the wrong way but he is a very demanding child. Everything with him becomes a big production! That seems to be the case with most ADHD children. Especially when they are almost 15. Everything is about him! Well I will check in on y'all chicks later!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:54 AM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Default Wow watta mornin'

You guys are so funny!! I wish I had something to vent about!!! DS was actually good before school for two days and he goes with this father this weekend.

My new pants fit!!!! Yeah! That was a leap of faith. I hate trying on clothes in stores. I just don't want to end up on someones web cam on tv someday So I usually buy them and then bring back what I don't want. It seems like the long way to do things but it gives me an excuse to go back to the store!

Bami - girl you have to remember what Erma Bombeck said before she died. She wished she would have cleaned less and spent more time enjoying life.

Barb - WAY TO INSPIRE THE REST OF US!!!!

Little chick- My prayers are with you. You must find a way to exude happiness and confidence - it will help in the interviews. I sometimes have to remind myself to smile - not because I'm not happy but because I always have a ton of stuff on my mind and people just assume that something is wrong. Good luck!

Ruthxx - dontcha just love puppy breath!!!!

Lauren - What color?????

Heidi - Mothers. I work for mine. It can be EXASPERATING!!!!! Dave Ramsey from talk radio calls it the powdered butt syndrome. Once they powder your butt as a baby they can't and won't take your advice. I try to keep my boundries in check and remind her when she over steps her boundries - which happens a lot. Good luck!
Closed Thread