South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 08:59 AM   #1  

Default not losing while on medication?

My husband and I have been on Phase 1 for the past 2 weeks and doing OK. I lost 3 lbs the 1st week and only 1/2 lb the 2nd. I have lost nothing since then (Wed.), but I started on prednisone (corti-steroid) and zithromax (antibiotic) on Wed. as well. Could this medication be having an effect on my weighloss? I have been following the plan.

Thank you. I have been lurking and this forum has been a great source of information.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach Forum, jojo. We're glad you came out of lurkdom.

Yes, any medication could affect your weightloss. Just stick with it a bit longer and your body will adjust. Are you ill? That can affect it too.

Good luck. Remember this is a healthy lifestyle plan, not just a weightloss one.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:23 AM   #3  
I found my hipbones!

Jojo--

I've been put on prednisone many times in the past when my asthma got out of control, and it being a steroid, it can cause weight gain. I often found my appetite going way out of control when I was on it. I'm impressed that you have been able to stick to the plan while on the drug; it's likely what is keeping you from gaining. Keep at it! I'm sure you'll see great results once you're done with these meds.

Again, this is from my own experience. Talk to your doc if this is really worrying you.

Monica
Old 09-17-2004, 09:51 AM   #4  

Wow! Maybe that's why I am having issues. I've been on antibiotics since last Monday - I stalled out in the middle of week 2 during Phase I, but did end up losing 9lbs for that phase. Now I am stuck exactly where I am. But expecting my TOM soon too. It's all so confusing to our poor bodies I guess. :P
Old 09-17-2004, 10:50 AM   #5  

Thanks for your replys everyone. I am on it for a severe outbreak of excema and I have another 9 days on the prednisone. It is causing an increase in appetite but I am trying to keep it under control. Its making me nauseous also, so I am having frequent small snacks throughout the day (legal). Hopefully when I go off I will see the lbs. drop!!!!!

Jodi
Old 09-17-2004, 12:25 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good luck, Jodi! So sorry you are dealing with this, but am impressed with your willpower and determination. You go, girl!
Closed Thread